Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic (3897 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:00am On Nov 01, 2016
Asaba-Onitsha ferry crossing (1959)

Yoruba woman and her kids fetching wood in Osogbo- 1971

Bororo tribe at the Dan Dudu hills

* Kano 1950's showing young girls with pots on their head
* An old primary school photo
* The lagos railway- 1950's
*Nigeria Airways Fokker 28 at Calabar airport (1970s)

more loading......

1 Like

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:01am On Nov 01, 2016
Entrance to the Emir of Zarias Palace in Kaduna (1973)

The London and Kano trading company, Lagos (1960s)

Main Gate University of Ibadan, (1960)

A view of the city of Oshogbo, Nigeria. 1950s

*The famous photo that heralded the armistice and official end of the Nigerian civil war, January 1970
*Health workers measure the heights and weights of children in order to establish the needs of refugees during the Nigerian-Biafran war. 1960.
*Biafran children of the St Anthony school. 1969
* Somewhere in Lagos

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:01am On Nov 01, 2016
A farmer waters his sweet pepper crop, 1981.

Yoruba musician performing at a festival, Oshogbo 1970

Kurama waters, 1970s

Photo taken in Southern Nigeria during The Aro Punitive Expedition 1901

A barber with a customer, 1940

*King Sunny Ade and Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey in 1982.
*Gurara water falls
*Hair braiding in Nigeria, 1960
* A market in eastern Nigeria, 1970

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:02am On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by oloriooko(m): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2016
It is well
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by beycity(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2016
Those days when men were still Men.
We didn't have enough back then but we never really lacked.
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 01, 2016
Swt Nigeria then.. Not now
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoll(f): 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
A market in Northern Nigeria

Nigerian Food Vendors

Market Scene, 1900

A barber in Kano, 1962

A freed yoruba slave from bahia, Brazil

Yoruba girls with facial scarification, Meko, Nigeria. 1970s

The Lion himself

A Nigerian bride, 1900

Palace of Oba Sir Ladapo Ademola II, the Alake of Abeokuta (1951)

*Northern Milk Maid
*Hausa builders put the finishing touches to a mud wall during the construction of a new school.
Kano, Nigeria, 1914.

*Somewhere in Lagos
*The Niger at Jebba (1930)

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoll(f): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
Blue Omo detergent advert
African Challenge magazine
December 1972.

Federal Savings Bank Advert in the late ‘70’s

Wedding Preparations, early 1970s, Lafia Road, Kaduna

Elderly women in Ijebu Igbo dancing. 1979

Mumuyeh women in Kwojji, Nigeria. 1950s

Two women and some children in Benin City, Nigeria, 1970s

Ekombi Dance from Cross River State, South Nigeria. 1970s
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by UrennaNkoll(f): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nigerians in the capital city of Lagos cheer as they read of the surrender of the Biafran forces, Jan. 12, 1970.

Biafran currency

Ebun House located at 85 Odunfa Street, Lagos. Known as ‘Petesi Anduru’ or 'Ile awo si fila’. (Yoruba)
Built in 1914, it was the first three story building in Lagos.

A female Hausa drummer and her assistants, Lagos 1910s-20s.

Yoruba cultural greetings

Somewhere in Akwa Ibom State

Special Credit
Credit
cc Seun lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by borntosuccess(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
felt really emotional

1 Like

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
FP things lalasticlala
Sceneries like this really makes me feel nolstalgic

I remeber those days when my mum was a chemist. There used to be a pretty damsel then called martha whose mum's shop was located close to my mum's. Only God sabi where she go dey now cry

When I see pictures of my primary school crush then or even my first ever primary school lover who died in a car crash, the feelings can never be compared to anything in this world. cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Aeroflyer: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
PussySmasher:
FP things lalasticlala

I remeber those days when my mum was a chemist. There used to be a pretty damsel then called martha whose mum's shop was located close to my mum's. Only God sabi where she go dey now cry

When I see pictures of my primary school crush then or even my first ever primary school lover who died in a car crash, the feelings can never be compared to anything in this world. cry
Such is life.
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by richidinho(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
Aeroflyer:

Such is life.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by bleble24: 3:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Today is still going to be in the past.

We all will ask ourselves, where did the time go ?

1 Like

Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 03, 2016
PussySmasher:
FP things lalasticlala

No go commit suicide o
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by cassidy1996(m): 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
you tried, nice collections. i love history................
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2016
where did we get it wrong in this country.
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Bifwoli: 10:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
That photo of General Ojukwu is inspiring.

Wow ,that man was a total hero and a role model for other nationalists.
Re: Some Old Photos From Nigeria That Will Make You Feel Nostalgic by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Bifwoli:
That photo of General Ojukwu is inspiring.
Wow ,that man was a total hero and a role model for other nationalists.
I tells yuh

(1) (Reply)

Travel, Back To A City We Love Dearly / Renewal Of Usa Visa / My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.