Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike (968 Views)

We’ll Be Happy If Father Mbaka’s Predictions Come To Pass – Senator Gamawa / Why I Can’t Dethrone Nnamdi Kanu’s Father – Governor Ikpeazu / Umuahia Youth Movement Gives Ikpeazu 24Hours To Dethrone Nnamdi Kanu's Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Flexherbal(m): 5:15am On Nov 02, 2016
We’ll dethrone monarchs involved in politics –Wike

November 2, 2016

Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt

The Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said that the state government will remove traditional rulers involved in partisan politics.

The governor, who gave the warning in Port Harcourt on Tuesday while declaring open the 104th quarterly general meeting of the state Council of Traditional Rulers, maintained that traditional rulers were expected to serve all their subjects.

He said, “We have decided to weed out all the traditional rulers that are involved in active politics from the system in the interest of the state and the communities that they are meant to serve.”

Wike promised the monarchs that the development drive of his administration would get to the local government areas of the state, saying, “No part of the state will be left behind in our quest to develop our state.”

Source: http://punchng.com/well-dethrone-monarchs-involved-politics-wike-2/

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by bigeagleeye(m): 5:17am On Nov 02, 2016
He said, “We have decided to weed out all the traditional rulers that are involved in active politics from the system [s]in the interest of the state and the communities that they are meant to serve.”[/s] in the interest of the PDP and the governor that they are meant to serve.”

...WHENEVER THEY GIVE ROYAL BLESSINGS TO THE OPPOSITION, THEY ARE GONNAS!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by blackpanda: 5:25am On Nov 02, 2016
You mean you will dethrone all those monarchs that went to abuja for talks with Bubu grin

Anyway, your monarchs dont have any real power. They are merely stooges. No Governor will dare talk about my traditional king like this.

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by ihimiray(m): 5:47am On Nov 02, 2016
blackpanda:
You mean you will dethrone all those monarchs that went to abuja for talks with Bubu grin

Anyway, your monarchs dont have any real power. They are merely stooges. No Governor will dare talk about my traditional king like this.
where u from
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by blackpanda: 5:57am On Nov 02, 2016
ihimiray:
where u from

Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Davash222(m): 6:02am On Nov 02, 2016
blackpanda:

Government remains supreme above any other entities.
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by blackpanda: 6:05am On Nov 02, 2016
Davash222:

Government remains supreme above any other entities.

Speak for your village.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Davash222(m): 6:09am On Nov 02, 2016
blackpanda:

Speak for your village.
You were asked, 'where are you from' and you replied 'Nigeria' so I speak for that same NIGERIA.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by ihimiray(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2016
blackpanda:

Nigeria
yes I know,what part
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by gbomojomo(m): 8:08am On Nov 02, 2016
BUT OGA DURING UR CAMPAIGNING MANY OF THEM ENDORSED YOU.
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by realglobe: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2016
blackpanda:

but Tinubu once said that all yoruba obas are useless and nothing happened

1 Like

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Flexherbal(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
gbomojomo:
BUT OGA DURING UR CAMPAIGNING MANY OF THEM ENDORSED YOU.
Is it possible for a governor to dethrone a traditional ruler?
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by ImoRiver: 8:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Wike is right but he should do it in uthmost sincerity. Traditional rulers should never show open partisanship as they are the father of all.
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by ImoRiver: 8:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
Is it possible for a governor to dethrone a traditional ruler?
Of course it is.
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Jokerman(m): 8:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Even the Ooni of Ife has no powers near that of the governor of Osun state...so Wike is right ......

I remember wen a supposed student of OAU was arguing that the Ooni of Ife was more powerful than the President. .. I just lost my respect for d educated illiterate
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Jokerman(m): 8:37am On Nov 02, 2016
blackpanda:

Speak for your village.

Lolsss... Aregbe can order the Ooni to to step foot outside Ife and he dares not....
Ooni reign doesn't cross Ife village...
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by chidi4eze(m): 9:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Wike is forgetting 2019 is around the corner...meanwhile pay teachers their 6months salary...local man
Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by blackpanda: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2016
[s]
Jokerman:

Lolsss... Aregbe can order the Ooni to to step foot outside Ife and he dares not....
Ooni reign doesn't cross Ife village...
[/s]

Wetin concern me wit dis rubbish u type

1 Like

Re: We’ll Dethrone Monarchs Involved In Politics –wike by Goke7: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2016
If this was said by PMB or any APC governor, this thread would have been flooded with comments and words like tyrant, dictator and the likes, but its wike so no problem, he is very right grin

(1) (Reply)

Release Of Nnamdi Kanu Tops List Of Conditions Igbo Senators Gave Buhari To Supp / You Can’t Bar Me From Anambra, Obi Tells Obiano / Is This The Beginning Of Eastern Solidarity? As Okezie Visits Ebonyi St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.