Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition (19962 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi Denies Bribing Judge / We Stole Saraki's N310m Because He Wanted To Bribe Judges With It—senator’s Aide / William-Jennings Jefferson Jailed For Bribing Atiku - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Tremor007: 5:21am On Nov 02, 2016
Ondo 2016: Gov. Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Court Of Appeal Judges With ₦350 million -Petition

Further details have emerged regarding the petition written against a judge of the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal, Jummai Sankey, on the Ondo State Peoples Democratic Party crisis. Ms. Sankey had earlier on Tuesday recused herself from presiding over applications brought by Eyitayo Jegede, the candidate of the Ahmed Makarfi’s PDP faction.

BY EVELYN OKAKWUNOV 01, 2016

Further details have emerged regarding the petition written against a judge of the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal, Jummai Sankey, on the Ondo State Peoples Democratic Party crisis.

Ms. Sankey had earlier on Tuesday recused herself from presiding over applications brought by Eyitayo Jegede, the candidate of the Ahmed Makarfi’s PDP faction.

Her decision, which was also taken by the other two members of the panel, was on the ground that a petition had been written against them by Biyi Poroye, the state chairman of the party, from the faction led by former Borno State governor, Modu Sheriff.

The petition dated October 31, read in court, said that the Ondo State Governor Olusegun Mimiko had allegedly boasted of bribing the presiding judge with a sum of N350 million.

The petitioner, Mr. Poroye, claimed that Mr. Mimiko made the statement at a public gathering and that he had earlier boasted of treating Ms. Sankey to a bribe of N100 million.

Mr. Poroye, in the petition, alleged that Ms. Sankey had been sick for the past five years and had most likely spent her fortune on treatment, hence the possibility that she would be prone to being compromised for financial gains.

He added that Ms. Sankey was transferred from Yola, where Mr. Jegede had practiced for over 15 years, and therefore she could have had strong ties with the applicant.

He also faulted what he termed as ‘the composition of a special panel to hear a pre-election matter,' adding that there was no reason for the President of the Court of Appeal, Zainab Bulkachuwa, to have done so since the appeal was not time bound.

Counsel representing both factions had in court indicated a lack of knowledge about the said petition and condemned it.

Ms. Sankey had also condemned the decision of the petitioner to have used her illness as a basis for the allegations against her.

“Conscience is an open wound; only truth can heal it. It is painful that the petitioner used my ailment predicament to insult me, to allege that I am a poor Judge, sick for five years and prone to corruption.

“I am ready to carry my illness on my shoulder, but it is unfair for the petitioner to make my sickness an issue in his petition,” she had said.

The court had opted to ignore the petition, since the counsel indicated ignorance, but noted that any case of alleged bias has the legal requirement for consideration.

The panel, therefore, returned the case files to the president of the court, till the determination of the issues contained in the petition.

The appeal court had planned among other things to decide whether the lower court was right in deciding that the faction of the party led by Mr. Sheriff was the right camp of the PDP.

That decision was to form the basis of determining the rightful candidate to be recognized as the flag-bearer of the PDP in the November 26 election.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/01/ondo-2016-gov-mimiko-bragged-publicly-about-bribing-court-appeal-judges-%E2%82%A6350-million

2 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by henrygale(m): 5:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Ratello: 5:25am On Nov 02, 2016
SaharaReporters definitely got this totally wrong. If you must work for APC just to discredit PDP apply sense bros Omowole Sowore. You are taking investigative journalism to a ridiculous height because to me, APC is a more useless party to PDP!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:25am On Nov 02, 2016
Ratello:
SaharaReporters definitely got this totally wrong. If you must work for APC just to discredit PDP apply sense bros Omowole Sowore. You are taking investigative journalism to a ridiculous height because to me, APC is a more useless party to PDP!

It wasn't APC Who insulted her based on her ill health.

It wasn't Sahara who factionalized PDP

The Appealant and Respndents all belong to PDP....

This is purely an internal affair cool

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by bigeagleeye(m): 5:28am On Nov 02, 2016
You don't ever underrate your opponent especially when you know they know you too well!
I don't think Mimiko's boys saw all these coming!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Tremor007: 5:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Being smart by half on behalf of these APC judges won't cut it. Ondo deserves peace and judgment. Edo charade properly rigged by INEC will not fly in Ondo State I know. Bihari must be careful with Ondo State. One wonders how INEC under this tyrannical rule of Buhari had suddenly become so confused as to endorse Markarfi-led PDP's candidate in Edo State, Pastor Ize Iyamu to contest while denying the same Markarfi-led PDP's flagbearer in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede to run. INEC is grossly compromised. I stand with Fayose on this.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Ratello: 5:36am On Nov 02, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:

It wasn't APC Who insulted her based on her ill health.

It wasn't Sahara who factionalized PDP

The Appealant and Respndents all belong to PDP....

This is purely an internal affair cool
Only those with discerning eyes can understand the "grand conspiracy" going on here. Ask from the wise here, they will interprete my post better to you. If you think APC machineries are not covertly involved in this, I can only look at you then.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by focus7: 5:38am On Nov 02, 2016
pdp is an evil disease to Nigeria, they find all possible means to practice corruption.

18 Likes

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by segalex: 5:52am On Nov 02, 2016
Tremor007:
Being smart by half on behalf of these APC judges won't cut it. Ondo deserves peace and judgment. Edo charade properly rigged by INEC will not fly in Ondo State I know. Bihari must be careful with Ondo State. One wonders how INEC under this tyrannical rule of Buhari had suddenly become so confused as to endorse Markarfi-led PDP's candidate in Edo State, Pastor Ize Iyamu to contest while denying the same Markarfi-led PDP's flagbearer in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede to run. INEC is grossly compromised. I stand with Fayose on this.
I personally feel we Nigerians don't know what we want, today we shout rule of law tomorrow we want the president to truncate the same rule of law in order to favour our cronies.
As much I'm not holding brief for Buhari, I think the bulk of the blame here should be laid at the doorstep of mimiko and his faction.
Jimoh Ibrahim went to court and the court of law ruled that he's the right candidate (whether rightly or wrongly), what should the inec do in such a case? Disobey the court order when there was no contrary judgement to that effect?
Why didn't JEGEDE challenge or appeal that court order until after the final list by inec?
Will we be happy if inec should announce JEGEDE as the right candidate while a valid court order says otherwise? Will that not be contempt of court on the part of inec?
I think we should always put sentiment aside when we analyse issues because that's the only way we can move forward in this country.
Why would mimiko run to PMB? Was it to order inec to go against a valid court order? Doesn't that show that we all expect the PMB to be the alpha and the omega in this country? Aren't we encouraging the occupant of that seat to continue to see himself as being too powerful even above the constitution by our actions and/or in actions?

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Ratello: 6:03am On Nov 02, 2016
segalex:

I personally feel we Nigerians don't know what we want, today we shout rule of law tomorrow we want the president to truncate the same rule of law in order to favour our cronies.
As much I'm not holding brief for Buhari, I think the bulk of the blame here should be laid at the doorstep of mimiko and his faction.
Jimoh Ibrahim went to court and the court of law ruled that he's the right candidate (whether rightly or wrongly), what should the inec do in such a case? Disobey the court order when there was no contrary judgement to that effect?
Why didn't JEGEDE challenge or appeal that court order until after the final list by inec?
Will we be happy if inec should announce JEGEDE as the right candidate while a valid court order says otherwise? Will that not be contempt of court on the part of inec?
I think we should always put sentiment aside when we analyse issues because that's the only way we can move forward in this country.
Why would mimiko run to PMB? Was it to order inec to go against a valid court order? Doesn't that show that we all expect the PMB to be the alpha and the omega in this country? Aren't we encouraging the occupant of that seat to continue to see himself as being too powerful even above the constitution by our actions and/or in actions?
The Nigeria political web is more convoluted than you think. There is no sentiments here but I am showing you what is behind the curtain. I painted a scenario of the Edo case and now Ondo drama bit you choose to ignore that and telling me sentiments
Buhari must tread softly because some of us can see it as it is.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by muri4mig(m): 6:19am On Nov 02, 2016
Ratello:

The Nigeria political web is more convoluted than you think. There is no sentiments here but I am showing you what is behind the curtain. I painted a scenario of the Edo case and now Ondo drama bit you choose to ignore that and telling me sentiments
Buhari must tread softly because some of us can see it as it is.

Even though Edo and Ondo circumstances are related but they are not entirely the same. Mind you, their was no court order in Edo asking INEC to substitute the pastor name. If INEC ignores the court the court order, wouldn't that be contempt of the court?

21 Likes

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 02, 2016
Just came to read comments

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by blackpanda: 6:28am On Nov 02, 2016
[s]
Ratello:
[/s]

What has this trash u typed got to do with the subject matter Was it apc or sahara reporters that factionalised pdp?? Or paid bribe Mtscheeew

30 Likes

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 02, 2016
Bravo to the guys up there, this was the Nairaland i used to know before, devoid of any insult but logical argument with fact and figures...Hopefully we can get our Sane fora back...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by HCF(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Is it possible for any sane person,especially someone in a reverred position, to PUBLICLY brag about COMMITING CRIME?.
I don't like Mimiko's style of politics but I don't think he has taken his abracadabra politics to that pathetic level....Even Fayose won't say that Publicly..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by omenka(m): 6:41am On Nov 02, 2016
Smh. Here we are, the same judiciary doing what they do best.

Another evidence of the extreme corruption in the judiciary, this time, thankfully, being promoted by a known PDP governor.

Some of these judicial officers need to have their heads chopped off honestly. Amidst swirling allegations of corruption and crises rocking the judiciary, these plonkers still have the guts to open their arms to anyone willing to grease them!

Is their any point at which the conscience of these folks tell them to "pause" and ponder on the righteousness of their conduct at all?? Haba!!

Yet, when these stuffs are thrown up which should incur the anger of any well meaning Nigerian, some irredeemable nincompops bounce around shouting "what about abc,xyz, who used 1trillion to sink a borehole"??

Nigeria is in dire need of salvation honestly.

9 Likes

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:50am On Nov 02, 2016
muri4mig:

Even though Edo and Ondo circumstances are related but they are not entirely the same. Mind you, their was no court order in Edo asking INEC to substitute the pastor name. If INEC ignores the court the court order, wouldn't that be contempt of the court?
did i hear you say there was no court case in edo??
Bros you are not current. Leave these matters for people who are knowledgeable in it.......Joooooo, i beg you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 02, 2016
D
Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by progress69: 7:01am On Nov 02, 2016
Some people are highly unintelligent, and they gallantly post moronic posts, and feel cool with themselves.

Back to the matter, after reading this article, some clowns are blaming Sahara and APC for a problem Foyose the mad dog, and Wike the murderer brought upon their cursed party.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by progress69: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2016
4tune490:
Mr smart what is your contribution on this?
I guess as usual nothing but to read post n insult others typical example of a jobless dullard.

Why should i contribute in the internal crisis and business of an accursed party?

God forbid. U guys can kill yourself by yourself, who bloody cares?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by 4tune490(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Your democracy is at stake here n you are more bothered about party affiliations. If I were you I'd be working hard for myself or maybe you benefit from the party you are dying hard for but if not then SMH.

progress69:

Why should i contribute in the internal crisis and business of an accursed party?

God forbid. U guys can kill yourself by yourself, who bloody cares?
Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by dealslip(f): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2016
The hand writing is clearly on the wall. While this looks unconnected to the APC. This is very much a well orchestrated manipulation by the APC. The moment Modu Sheriff was welcomed into PDP was the day PDP fell. Modu Sheriff's job was to unsettle the PDP and decimate it completely and he seems to be doing a wonderful job. He came from APC to forment trouble in PDP. It is still the same age long divide and rule tactics practised by our internal colonial masters, one wonders that the two factional chairmen are from the same region. Either way power remains in their region while my South West brothers are the pawn here. With all this faction brouhaha, PDP will never win any election until Modu is booted out of that party. Markafi faction was recognized in Edo but there suddenly seems to be confusion on whom to recognise in Ondo state. If a faction is legitimately recognized as the authentic authority in a party election, how can such faction suddenly be illegimate on another election within the same party a few weeks after. When there was no contrary ruling in between the elections. He who has an eye and a discerning mind, let him see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:54am On Nov 02, 2016
4tune490:
Your democracy is at stake here n you are more bothered about party affiliations. If I were you I'd be working hard for myself or maybe you benefit from the party you are dying hard for but if not then SMH.

Which democracy??

Cut some slack buddy... was our democracy at stake when PDP had multiple factions?
I can't phantom the reason why any problem in PDP will be traced back to Buhari... it is becoming sickening!!!

14 Likes

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by mecks15(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2016
segalex:

am in total support of your post bro, the prejudice and biase mind we have in this country is our greatest problem. Everything is right if it is not in our backyard, when that same thing comes to our backyard it becomes an anomaly. That is ridiculous. This abang judgement didn't come today and if mimiko saw no reason to appeal it and it bounced back at him, it is totally his problem. This is an entirely PDP internal affair, let them solve it. Pls let's stop dragging APC and Buhari into every issue in the polity. Am not holding brief for them, buh we need and must be objective in our analysis of public affairs. That iS the only way forward for we Nigerians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by President99: 8:09am On Nov 02, 2016
Ratello:

Only those with discerning eyes can understand the "grand conspiracy" going on here. Ask from the wise here, they will interprete my post better to you. If you think APC machineries are not covetly involved in this, I can only look at you then.
I am quite appalled by ur statement! I am not a politician but a student of Nigerian politics, so how on earth would Wike and Fayose choose Sherrif as PDP chairman? were they daydreaming? Didnt they know the antecedence of sherrif right from National assembly as a senator in 1999 till date? They told every ear that cared to listen that sherrif was a good man and an inlaw to Buhari. The petition stalling this judgement was written by a PDP member. PDP members should only blame Wike and Fayose for bringing in such a monster as chairman!
Justice Okon validated Ibrahim based on the fact that his court had stopped PDP convetion in portharcourt and status quo should be maitained but they went ahead and chose Makarfi led caretaker committee with the help of another court order to go ahead. So do you want justice Okon to legalise jegede after he had ruled against its faction in PDP?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by mecks15(m): 8:14am On Nov 02, 2016
omenka:
Smh. Here we are, the same judiciary doing what they do best.

Another evidence of the extreme corruption in the judiciary, this time, thankfully, being promoted by a known PDP governor.

Some of these judicial officers need to have their heads chopped off honestly. Amidst swirling allegations of corruption and crises rocking the judiciary, these plonkers still have the guts to open their arms to anyone willing to grease them!

Is their any point at which the conscience of these folks tell them to "pause" and ponder on the righteousness of their conduct at all?? Haba!!

Yet, when these stuffs are thrown up which should incur the anger of any well meaning Nigerian, some irredeemable nincompops bounce around shouting "what about abc,xyz, who used 1trillion to sink a borehole"??

Nigeria is in dire need of salvation honestly.
thank you, I think there is more covert corruption in the judiciary than anyother arm of government. The point remains that we nigerians must stand up and fight it to a standstill. It has nothing To do about whether we hate Buhari or not. It is about supporting him to flush this evil that eaten up our national life out of uS. Some people who doesn't wnt anything good for this country will come and tell us that arresting judges is a rape on rule of law.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by veekid(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
And that's a man

Imagine you're man enough to accept your woes unlike some Scam infested brains ruling the country blaming past administration
Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by ceeethru(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Sahara do u av video evidence or u are just doing wat ur pay masters ask u to do as usual? Must the whole Nigerian state be APC
Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by ajoskele(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Mimiko is gone. A man that publicly told us we are chicks and chickens and hens and would always run after corn he tosses at us.
He boldly told us he has just 7 'brains' and used just one to dethrone Agagu then.

He should bring out the 2,3,4.....and 7 brains now and use it on Sheriff and Jimoh and Biyi Poroye!

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by Chuknovski(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Very soon our Nigerian universities will institute bribing and corruption into the syllabus

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Bragged Publicly About Bribing Judges With ₦350m - Petition by siraj1402(m): 8:31am On Nov 02, 2016
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others / Senate Is Confused, It Wants To Be Co-executive With The Presidency – Sagay / President Buhari Receives Yahaya Bello (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.