Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,330 members, 7,839,584 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari (766 Views)

Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum / President Buhari Receives "16-point Request" From Niger Delta Leaders / Militants To Attack Govs, Make 7-point Demand, Defreezing Tompolo Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by Urukpe: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2016
1. Ownership of oil blocs
2. Review of Amnesty Programme
3. Relocation of headquarters of IOCs to areas of operation
4. Approval of Maritime University
5. Strengthening Niger Delta Ministry
6.Revival of key critical infrastructure
7. Resettlement of Bakassi indigenes
8. Restructuring, funding of NDDC
9. Introduction of fiscal federalism
10. Economic development, empowerment of N-Delta people
11. Improved power supply
12. Security surveillance
13. Protection of oil, gas infrastructure
14. Meeting immediate needs of IDPs
15. Addressing effects of increased military presence in N-Delta
16. Ogoni clean-up; Environmental remediation

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/n-delta-leaders-hit-buhari-with-16-point-shopping-list/

1 Like

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by INTROVERT(f): 7:26am On Nov 02, 2016
That oil blocs thing is very painful. Northerners jus monopolize everything. I need an oil bloc also baba or else ehn I will deal with...........

1 Like

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by Flyingngel(m): 7:26am On Nov 02, 2016
Ok
Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by feldido(m): 7:26am On Nov 02, 2016
Very good... We are Wiser now.

I so love this Team.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by pimplucious: 7:29am On Nov 02, 2016
Hmmm
Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by lincolnj88: 7:30am On Nov 02, 2016
grin first time my elders are making sense

2 Likes

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by chemicalDisease: 7:36am On Nov 02, 2016
Baba is deaf nah.

And he can't read.

Someone should translate this in Hausa.

1 Like

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:41am On Nov 02, 2016
Nice One

1 Like

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by TomorrowToday: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2016
Thus good. Their total ownership of oil blocs is absolutely dire, their inclusion of practising fiscal federalism is simply an evidence that these elders had studied the terrible situation of things and know that fiscal federalism is the only progressive solution for nig other than breaking nig apart.

2 Likes

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by codedguy1(m): 7:47am On Nov 02, 2016
These elders are confused.

They only need one point there and will not need the president to approve anything in the region.

Once we have True fiscal federalism the development and approval of anything you want will be in your hands when you control your own resources. It's that simple.

We will be able to fund amnesty, approve where a university will be, the issue of militants will not be Nigeria's problem but the problem of Nigeria delta, oil blocs owned by true ND citizens, security, power, education and even the general cleaning of the environment starting with ogoni etc.

Let me cut the leaders some slack. we all know that bubu will never agree to true federalism, so the ND leaders are trying to be smart by half which really puts ND in a dilemma.

Bubu believes oil is the diversification.

Jonathan is another reason I don't like talking about true federalism, because when our brother was there he did not push for it aggressively as we would have liked, seemed the confab was an after thought that did not even save him.

If every region were allowed to tap their human and natural resources we would get out this recession in no time.

1 Like

Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by Mynd44: 7:49am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by APCmyheart(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2016
INTROVERT:
That oil blocs thing is very painful. Northerners jus monopolize everything. I need an oil bloc also baba or else ehn I will deal with...........

But GEJ was there for 6yrs and these useless set of people fail to demand anything from him... Craze dey worry them.
Re: 16 Point Demand Made By South South Leader In Meeting With President Buhari by APCmyheart(m): 9:44am On Nov 02, 2016
feldido:
Very good... We are Wiser now.

I so love this Team.

Wiser? hmmmm so you guys are not wise during GEJ era?

(1) (Reply)

Rescued Chibok Girl Reveals Boko Haram Husband Has Been Killed In Battle / Photos: Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki Announces New Appointments / Ondo: Aleredolu Loses Bid To Stop Suit Challenging His Candidacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.