Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy (9636 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

I'm not dancing, you're the one dancing here

if I have foreknowledge, then there's really no freewill here since I already know what 4evergod would do with the compassion I'm about to show him, I'll use "discretion", that's where discretion comes in

if I don't have such foreknowledge, then I'll give EVERYONE

Here is where God shows you that He is God...He has foreknowledge yet allows you to utilize your free will. Foreknowledge with God does not render freewill inoperative.

Discretion when handling this balance in 7.5billion people while ensuring life continues on earth with enough provision for all 7.5billion people is where He beats you to it.

We on the other hand have tried playing God over the years but this has led to WARS, FAMINES, HATRED, TRIBALISM, DEATHS etc and then people turn around and blame God when they had the ability to use their freewill for Good but they chose selfishness and greed, bitterness and wickedness, tribalism and strife instead of the good things.

If I was God and I have foreknowledge and all power yet decided to relinquish my foreknowledge and power to an extent to man by permitting freewill among them even as they number in the billions then I must be a very merciful God as true strenght is in the management of Powet and not its exertion.

This was why He chose to come to us by way of Love through Christ Jesus.

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON......

No man can be a better God because if you had access to all He has in power and glory and authority and foreknowledge and judgement you would have been like a kid with a new toy and would rule the affairs of men with a fist of iron with no room for opposition or freedom of expression like you Atheists have been doing with God in all your insults and mockery but God in His mercy keeps overlooking your ignorance and waiting for the day this same freewill would lead you willingly to Him.

You see God can never be you and you can never be God..His ways are not your ways and His thoughts are not yours....
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 2:59am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Common bro you are better than this. This verse could be interpreted as 'I ''act like humans'' when I please and act otherwise as I deem fit'. Yes?
does it make my interpretation invalid?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 2:59am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
And his compassion lies in believing? how is that compassionate so no matter how kind one is as long as he does not believe, he is condemned? how is that compassionate

And worse still we now know thag belief is based on geographical location. So salvation is based on luck and no sort of good works whatsoever. smh
unconditional love....wiith conditions
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 3:06am On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:
This post reeks of ignorance. Typical of atheist arguments, anyway.

The concept of original sin is not biblical. A child is not born a sinner. Man only inherits sinful nature i.e. tendency to love sin rather than GOD. A baby has no knowledge of sin, and if it dies, it will rest in the grave till our LORD returns when it will go back to its Maker.

Jesus Christ was born too. He was not a sinner. He never sinned. And if birth could impart sin, Jesus would have been a sinner. He can't be one, anyway.

It's just that a human being, left alone, would naturally follow sin. Jesus is there, thankfully, to deliver us from sin, and to set us free from its shackles.

It would really do all these nairaland "atheists" much good if they read the Bible thoroughly and understood it, before coming to present intellectually nauseating arguments.
uh...did you slowly read the op?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 3:11am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
I haven't seen ALL LOVING in the Bible. Show me if you have.
1 john 4:8,16---all loving
psalm 145:9----all compassionate
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 3:13am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
What are the downsides of ''distributing compassion'' to everyone? Do you know?
what are the downsides of ''distributing condemnation'' to only adam?

Remember the op....
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 3:19am On Nov 03, 2016
Your question is rhetorical and your intention isn't pure but there is no original sin. The god you describe here is the one of atheists that won you guys over.
raphieMontella:
The Bible is clear throughout that the sin of Adam and Eve was cast upon every person who has ever lived. This is definitively stated by St. Paul:

Then, thousands of years later, God decided to have his son killed to erase the sin of Adam and Eve. Here is the definitive verse, but note that there is a subtle difference from the verse above:

Yes, the second verse offering forgiveness requires an action whereas the verse condemning mankind is automatic. To be forgiven, you must believe in Jesus, but to be condemned by the sin of Adam, no belief or action is required. That is, you don’t have to believe in Adam to be condemned by his transgression. So why do you have to believe in Jesus to be forgiven?

Condemnation is unconditional, but forgiveness IS CONDITIONAL
Can an actual compassionate god stack the odds in such an unfair an bigoted manner?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 3:22am On Nov 03, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Your question is rhetorical and your intention isn't pure but there is no original sin. The god you describe here is the one of atheists that won you guys over.
paul is wrong?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 03, 2016
No, Paul was not wrong. Original sin not as you describe it. Babies are not born with inherent sin. Jesus Christ wasn't born with inherent sin neither was Mary His mother. The original or 'first' sin committed by Adam and Eve, Orthodoxy believes that, while everyone bears the consequences of the first sin, the foremost of which is death, only Adam and Eve are guilty of that sin. However, Roman Catholicism teaches that everyone bears not only the consequence, but also the guilt of that sin and worst of all that the consequences of the original sin are hereditary. It did not remain only Adam and Eve’s.
raphieMontella:

paul is wrong?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 7:13am On Nov 03, 2016
Weah96:

Personal opinions don't apply to such matters. You said so yourself. You can only have an opinion about things that you understand, and unlimited wisdom happens to be beyond you.

With that being said, I admire your honesty.

It applies. I would still have the opinion if I were Muslim. Not all Muslims think it's cool to play with explosives.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

1 john 4:8,16---all loving
psalm 145:9----all compassionate
None of these verses can be translated as ''all-loving'' and ''all-compassionate''. Perhaps we differ on the meaning of these terms; ergo it would be helpful if you defined them as you understand them.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
does it make my interpretation invalid?
Not invalid perse. Incomplete is more like it.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 7:20am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
what are the downsides of ''distributing condemnation'' to only adam?
Remember the op....
No one can know this for sure.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 8:09am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
The Bible is clear throughout that the sin of Adam and Eve was cast upon every person who has ever lived. This is definitively stated by St. Paul:

Then, thousands of years later, God decided to have his son killed to erase the sin of Adam and Eve. Here is the definitive verse, but note that there is a subtle difference from the verse above:

Yes, the second verse offering forgiveness requires an action whereas the verse condemning mankind is automatic. To be forgiven, you must believe in Jesus, but to be condemned by the sin of Adam, no belief or action is required. That is, you don’t have to believe in Adam to be condemned by his transgression. So why do you have to believe in Jesus to be forgiven?

Condemnation is unconditional, but forgiveness IS CONDITIONAL
Can an actual compassionate god stack the odds in such an unfair an bigoted manner?

I believe you know something's about genetics. Just as it is in the physical, so it is in the spiritual.

You don't have to do anything to inherit good or bad things and traits from your parent
BUT
You have to do something to change undesired traits.

For salvation! What you have to do is TOO simple BELIEVE! It doesn't cost you anything does it?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Not invalid perse. Incomplete is more like it.
Good..since its not invalid...
Then what exactly is the issue?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 8:19am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

Good..since its not invalid...
Then what exactly is the issue?
The danger of a single story- Chimamanda Adichie.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:22am On Nov 03, 2016
TheSixthSense:
No, Paul was not wrong. Original sin not as you describe it. Babies are not born with inherent sin. Jesus Christ wasn't born with inherent sin neither was Mary His mother. The original or 'first' sin committed by Adam and Eve, Orthodoxy believes that, while everyone bears the consequences of the first sin, the foremost of which is death, only Adam and Eve are guilty of that sin. However, Roman Catholicism teaches that everyone bears not only the consequence, but also the guilt of that sin and worst of all that the consequences of the original sin are hereditary. It did not remain only Adam and Eve’s.
if a child is born blind deaf and dumb..and has an accident has an accident at age 1...and is confined to the hospital for life...and later dies at an age of reason....without beliving in christ...will that child go to heaven?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:23am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
None of these verses can be translated as ''all-loving'' and ''all-compassionate''. Perhaps we differ on the meaning of these terms; ergo it would be helpful if you defined them as you understand them.
*scoffs*
if you're going to redefine love and compassion on the spot same way you guys redefine murder when god orders the murder of kids...count me out
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:25am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
The danger of a single story- Chimamanda Adichie.
how?
Did you listen to adam's side?
Or eve's?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:26am On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

I believe you know something's about genetics. Just as it is in the physical, so it is in the spiritual.

You don't have to do anything to inherit good or bad things and traits from your parent
BUT
You have to do something to change undesired traits.

For salvation! What you have to do is TOO simple BELIEVE! It doesn't cost you anything does it?
You just still butressed my point...
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by ValentineMary(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Are you for real? Na Aquinas write Bible?
U still don't get the logic Aquinas was using. Waw I'm suprised. Okay let me ask u a qus. Can a being be perfect and not all loving?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

You just still butressed my point...

God knows that some people will choose to remain in their state of sin nature.

Is it right for God to force you to be with Him eternally?

Make your choice!

That's the point.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by ValentineMary(m): 8:34am On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod1:

when making statements and making comparisons you need to do so rightly so let me ask you this.

If you were God how would you handle discretion side by side with compassion towards your creation taking into consideration their diverse geographical locations, experiences, tribes, character, attirude, acceptance or rejection of people, selfishness, greed, wockedness, kindness and so on.

So tell me your own version of compassion and discretion if you would.

cc valentinemary
I have been ignoring u since but let me ans u one last time. Ur God, u caim is omniscient. I don't claim to be. He should know better. What's the use of being omniscient if he can't figure out how to spread his love and compassion in an unbiased way?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
U still don't get the logic Aquinas was using. Waw I'm suprised. Okay let me ask u a qus. Can a being be perfect and not all loving?
Aquinas did not write the Bible. The Bible is the standard. What do you mean by ''all loving''?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 8:37am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
how? Did you listen to adam's side? Or eve's?
Yes. Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the serpent.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 8:40am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

*scoffs*
if you're going to redefine love and compassion on the spot same way you guys redefine murder when god orders the murder of kids...count me out
Give your own definitions and let us work with them.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

God knows that some people will choose to remain in their state of sin nature.

Is it right for God to force you to be with Him eternally?

Make your choice!

That's the point.
i didnt have to believe in adam or anything for me to be in danger of hell..but i have to believe in jesus to absolve it...
Its not right for God to force me to be with him...but somehow it is right for him to condemnn all mankind for something they didnt do....forcing me to bear the stuff of someone else
you still dont see the conditioning?

keep in mind---they/i(us) didnt ask to be created?
*thats a side stool tho*
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
I have been ignoring u since but let me ans u one last time. Ur God, u caim is omniscient. I don't claim to be. He should know better. What's the use of being omniscient if he can't figure out how to spread his love and compassion in an unbiased way?

lol so since you have no clue what it takes to be omniscient and compassionate on Gods level while dealing with 7.5billion people on earth what then gave you the right to challenge or think God is flawed in the way He is running things.

If you have no basis for comparison and indeed cannot even imagine yourself in His shoes doing what He does then your attacks and accusations are a fraud from a fraudulent mind which only seeks to deceive and not understand. ...

I suggest you first get a credible comparison then stand tall to run down or assume God is wrong...

If you can sit quietly and imagine yourself being able to see the future of men and know their thoughts and see their errors and their pains and their selfishness and wickedness and lies and lusts and the whole 9 yards of humanity yet dropped FREEWILL in the mix so they can be accountable for their actions after ensuring you have given them the ability to choose right from wrong of which most still choose wrong and cause problems on the earth which they deny and come back to blaming God for them much like what you are doing then you would see why your arguments are like that of a Child who just opened his eyes a week after birth and demands to be put back into the womb of the mother......One word for that kid is Delusional.

Try not to ignore my questions again. I am capable of teaching you a great deal.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Yes. Adam blamed Eve. Eve blamed the serpent.
no..thats not their story..thats the author/authors of genesis story..
He wasnt there or something was he?
The other way to gain this would be the so much admired ''divine inspiration''...wouldnt that be singular?
No tales by moonlight stuff pls.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by ValentineMary(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Aquinas did not write the Bible. The Bible is the standard. What do you mean by ''all loving''?
Did I say Aquinas wrote the bible ? he followed the bible teachings and claimed that since God is perfect, he must be all loving. If u don't know what all loving is, I don't think we should continue this conversation.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
Did I say Aquinas wrote the bible ? he followed the bible teachings and claimed that since God is perfect, he must be all loving. If u don't know what all loving is, I don't think we should continue this conversation.

The Word ALL LOVING you are trying to grasp is a folly in itself because you are viewing it from a human perspective. Can you define all Loving from Gods perspective?

I have given you a scenario where I asked you to put yourself in Gods shoes with all the power you have how would ALL LOVING work for you as God.

Can you share with Tomhagen and I how you would be ALL LOVING as God and how everyone would be equally managed.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:01am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
Our definitions of 'all loving' differ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Posting Pictures Of Men Of God On Your Socials Make You A Christian? / Nigerian Baptist Convention / Pray For Erastus Akingbola Of Intercontinental Bank

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.