Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project (754 Views)

Court Fines Sahara Reporters N4bn For Saraki Libel / Water Ministry Budgets N4bn For Research In 2017 Budget / Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by naijaleader(m): 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
The Kaduna State Government has earmarked over N4 billion for the Kaduna Metropolitan Rapid Rail Transport project to begin in 2017.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the amount is part of the N24.06 billion provided for projects under the State Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport in the 2017 budget.

Governor Nasiru El-Rufa’i had on Wednesday, October 12, presented an appropriation bill of over N215.9 billion to the State House of Assembly for approval.

The estimate for the 2017 fiscal year included N85.5 billion for recurrent expenditure and N130.3 billion for capital projects.

The first phase of the intra-city Kaduna light rail project will link Rigachikun with the refinery.

The government indicated that funds for the rail project would be sourced through a loan from the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“The state government also voted N2, 445,160,730.00 for the ongoing state trunk road project, while township road projects will gulp N7,705,788,694.58 in the fiscal year. ”

According to the breakdown, the government equally earmarked N1.5 billion for the construction and acquisition of new state government administration buildings and N500 million for street lights.

Source: NAN

1 Like

Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by lovat(m): 2:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
Does Kaduna really need a rail line with the empty roads now on Ahmadu Bello way or is it on the refinery road.

Elrufai wants to embezzle for his Presidential bid just like Amsechi did
Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by aresa: 3:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
lovat:
Does Kaduna really need a rail line with the empty roads now on Ahmadu Bello way or is it on the refinery road.

Elrufai wants to embezzle for his Presidential bid just like Amsechi did

Responsible governors who are doing everything to better their states and people are bad and corrupt, but your own incompetent, vision less and unproductive governors with zero ideas are good even though they collect your taxes and allocations.

Sometimes I just wonder about you people...

3 Likes

Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by lovat(m): 3:37pm On Nov 02, 2016
aresa:

Responsible governors who are doing everything to better their states and people are bad and corrupt, but your own incompetent, vision less and unproductive governors with zero ideas are good even though they collect your taxes and allocations.

Sometimes I just wonder about you people...
shut up. I live in Kaduna so I've got a better info than you

1 Like

Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by softmind24: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
cool
Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by aresssa: 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
lovat:
shut up. I live in Kaduna so I've got a better info than you

1. The fact that you live in Kaduna doesn't mean you are part of the decision making body at the Kaduna state house with economic forecast, growth and transportation data and needs of the people of Kaduna so, you are just spewing ignorant rubbish.

lovat:
By the time apc finish with zombies this will be what they eat for breakfast

2. You don't live in Kaduna, you are just another hateful and bitter ipob troll on NL hating on good thing that's not in your backward and unproductive ipob village.

2 Likes

Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by lovat(m): 4:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
aresssa:

1. The fact that you live in Kaduna doesn't mean you are part of the decision making body at the Kaduna state house with economic forecast, growth and transportation data and needs of the people of Kaduna so, you are just spewing ignorant rubbish.

2. You don't live in Kaduna, you are just another hateful and bitter ipob troll on NL hating on good thing that's not in your backward and unproductive ipob village.
Oga fotografer, i don't have to argue with you where i stay but i think you need to enter KD and see that this BH crisis has made KD to migrate out of KD.

But what biz do i have with a known Osun Troll
Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by aresssa: 5:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
[s]
lovat:
Oga fotografer, i don't have to argue with you where i stay but i think you need to enter KD and see that this BH crisis has made KD to migrate out of KD.

But what biz do i have with a known Osun Troll
[/s]

lovat:
By the time apc finish with zombies this will be what they eat for breakfast

1 Like

Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by sochukwuiwu: 5:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
we should learn to criticize constructively. Sincerely I think what he is doing is commendable. The project on its own will create job and wealth for the local community.

It will be nice that 90% of the contract be awarded to people of kaduna state. Let the money circulate among them through supplies, construction etc and by so doing wealth creation is done. It shouldn't be given to one foreign firm who will take the money once to china or Europe.
Re: Gov El-rufai Earmarks N4bn For Light Rail Project by lovat(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
aresssa:
[s][/s]

Oga fotografer kindly shut up.

(1) (Reply)

APC Hasn’t Managed Victory Well – OKOROCHA / Buhari A Media Darling, Praised At Home And Extoled Abroad - Yahoo / POPULAR CROSS RIVER STATE POLITICIAN, HIGH CHIEF ELDER MINIKA JAMES DIES AT 77

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.