Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) (51923 Views)

Starting My Ugu Farming With My Friend And Mentor / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? / Dry Season Ugu Farming With Pictures.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 11:16am On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=Midekun post=51344253][/quote]

If you have Irrigation nothing should stop you from doing 3 cycles of Ugu farming.

In times of income, dry season will give you more but also factor that you will be dealing with a lot of pest and grazing issue (fulani).

Wet season is also productive but make sure you have a market for your produce.

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by olaide68(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
Ejulafarm:

If you have Irrigation nothing should stop you from doing 3 cycles of Ugu farming.

In times of income, dry season will give you more but also factor that you will be dealing with a lot of pest and grazing issue (fulani).

Wet season is also productive but make sure you have a market for your produce.

Ejula Farm
Great farmer,how can we produce 3 cycle of Ugwu farm during this dry season?What is the calendera.I am willing to plant my Ugwu next week with full irrigation system,raingun sprickler.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2016
olaide68:
Great farmer,how can we produce 3 cycle of Ugwu farm during this dry season?What is the calendera.I am willing to plant my Ugwu next week with full irrigation system,raingun sprickler.

I believe 2 cycles is possible in the dry season if one start by early November. Factoring a total of 6 harvest in 10-15 days interval.

Proper and adequate fertilization is key.

Ideally, 3 cycle for the whole calender year
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
My brother...just want to say a big thank you to you for encouraging many to go into dry season ugu farming. I must confess to you, that many who claimed to be professionals have discouraged me and my team from going further....but to God be the glory....our ugu sprouted very well today.

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by OGAOGA(m): 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
youngzoologist:
My brother...just want to say a big thank you to you for encouraging many to go into dry season ugu farming. I must confess to you, that many who claimed to be professionals have discouraged me and my team from going further....but to God be the glory....our ugu sprouted very well today.
Very healthy leafs. May God bless your hustle
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by OGAOGA(m): 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by youngzoologist: 5:57am On Nov 26, 2016
OGAOGA:

Very healthy leafs. May God bless your hustle
Thank you so much
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:58am On Nov 26, 2016
youngzoologist:

That's a good looking ugu leave. I am glad you went ahead despite the critics.

More grease to your elbow.

Road to Success

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
SURVEY

Hello house, it has been a great journey so far. In other to make this learning process concrete, I will like everyone especially the experienced ugu farmers to help take this 1 min survey so has to ascertain the pricing methodology for Ugu leaves.

I will greatly appreciate your input. I will share the survey with only the respondents. So please kindly respond.

Please you don't have to be an existing farmer to fill this survey out but you should have concrete information on how Ugu leaves is sold in your location.

Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6vJZCG71OC6b5SgN7SUbM-PPHdQdlqSxYfBnRKxZ7ymWY7w/viewform

Thank you.

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by princesschuks: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello house, please what quantity can one get from planting ugwu on an acre of land?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by phillings247: 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
supposing with good management,how many pods of d fruit can one get averagely per stem of d female ugwu plant
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Arvinkris(m): 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
phillings247:
supposing with good management,how many pods of d fruit can one get averagely per stem of d female ugwu plant
2 or 3 pods
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
princesschuks:
Hello house, please what quantity can one get from planting ugwu on an acre of land?

Your question is open end, because the best way to quantify it by quantity is by weighing. And you hardly come across a market woman ready to buy ugu leaves based on Kilogram.

But quantifying it based on return of investment has been helpful in the ugu business projection.

Ejula Farm.

2 Likes

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
phillings247:

With Good pollination practice, 70% seed sprout is successful.

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
UPDATE

I will update soon. The reason for the delay is because of increased labor hours on the farm site. This is the period most farmers try to put all seeds to the ground. So I am following the queue as well.

Wishing everyone Happy drying season farming.

Ejula Farm
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by phillings247: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
Ejulafarm:

With Good pollination practice, 70% seed sprout is successful.

Ejula Farm
do u mean one can get more than a fruit pod from a stem growing side by side?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 5:00am On Dec 04, 2016
phillings247:
do u mean one can get more than a fruit pod from a stem growing side by side?

What I meant that if you plant 10 seeds, 7 out of it giving out at least one pod of seed is success.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Paulordiah(m): 8:13am On Dec 04, 2016
sprinkler gun irrigation for plants like ugwu, water leaf, okro , watermelon, soko tete, ewedu

1 Like

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by princesschuks: 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ejulafarm:

Thanks for your response. What I really meant was how many tons can be gotten from an acre?

Your question is open end, because the best way to quantify it by quantity is by weighing. And you hardly come across a market woman ready to buy ugu leaves based on Kilogram.

But quantifying it based on return of investment has been helpful in the ugu business projection.

Ejula Farm.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by udejiga17(m): 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ejulafarm:

I believe 2 cycles is possible in the dry season if one start by early November. Factoring a total of 6 harvest in 10-15 days interval.

Proper and adequate fertilization is key.

Ideally, 3 cycle for the whole calender year

Nice one boss.. pls I have couple of questions to ask
Which is the best fertilizer for Ugu farming and how and when is it applied
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:25am On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=princesschuks post=51639981][/quote]
I answered your question by making u understand that it is rear to see ugu sale based on tons or kg.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:27am On Dec 05, 2016
udejiga17:

Nice one boss.. pls I have couple of questions to ask
Which is the best fertilizer for Ugu farming and how and when is it applied

a mixture of the generic NPK 15-15-15 with Urea in ratio 3:1will fly. but organic fertilizer is greatly encouraged especially doing this dry season.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by olaide68(m): 9:58am On Dec 05, 2016
Paulordiah:
sprinkler gun irrigation for plants like ugwu, water leaf, okro , watermelon, soko tete, ewedu
can we see pictures of your sprickler?how does it work?how much?how can we get it?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by nicesam: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Were do it grow best
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by AniMcBen(m): 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
I don't know what I did wrong. I experimented tomato cultivation in my yard, it grew very well but 98% of the flowers keep falling off without maturing into fruits. Now the plants are dying off. Please what did I do wrong? How can I avoid this?
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by deedii: 8:36am On Dec 10, 2016
where can i purchase the oil. i stay in lagos. thanks
Ejulafarm:

I settle with organic i.e. Neem Oil.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by olaide68(m): 5:47am On Dec 11, 2016
deedii:
where can i purchase the oil. i stay in lagos. thanks
where can I get the Neem oil?How often will it be used on Ugwu as insecticide?What is the Ratio per 16litres Napsack?thank Lukman from Ijebu Ode.Great Farmers Great Nation
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:50am On Dec 14, 2016
olaide68:
where can I get the Neem oil?How often will it be used on Ugwu as insecticide?What is the Ratio per 16litres Napsack?thank Lukman from Ijebu Ode.Great Farmers Great Nation

Sock your neem leaves in water for about 7 days. And use this extracts. It is as potent as the neem oil.

Neem oil is around but pricey. I rather use the neem leaves (Dogoyaro leaves)

Hope this helps

More Info: https://www.smilinggardener.com/sale/pure-neem-oil-for-plants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Ejulafarm: 6:53am On Dec 14, 2016
UPDATE

My harvest is approaching very fast or let's say its already here. But due to engagements, I am yet to pay attention to it.

January is also a good time and not late to start dry season that's if you are yet to start.

If you recall, the duration of the planting is November to February.

Stay motivated.

Ejula Farm.
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by Paulordiah(m): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
25m, sprinkler gun for ugwu and watermelon
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by olaide68(m): 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
Ejulafarm:

Sock your neem leaves in water for about 7 days. And use this extracts. It is as potent as the neem oil.

Neem oil is around but pricey. I rather use the neem leaves (Dogoyaro leaves)

Hope this helps

More Info: https://www.smilinggardener.com/sale/pure-neem-oil-for-plants
Thank you very much
Re: Dry Season Ugu Farming:Scope, Process,SWOT Analysis,And Contribution( Pics,Vids) by aboutbiz: 10:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
Weldon the moderator
Please can I have your whatsapp number
This us mine 07066151995

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Shows Off The Big Cassava She Harvested (Photos) / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / The 2nd Most Prolific Animals!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.