Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. (19685 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Ex-banker For Stealing Customer's Money (Photo) / EFCC Arraigns 606 Autos Babafemi Sarumi Samusideen For N207.1M Money Laundering / EFCC Arraigns Two Access Bank Staff For £100,000 Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by nghubs1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
The Economic and financial Crimes commission have arraigned a port Harcourt based pastor for N22million fraud.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, arraigned Pastor Nimi West and his company, Nimak & Company Nigeria Limited before Justice U.N. Agumoh of the Federal High Court Port Harcourt, Rivers State on a four- count charge of obtaining money under false pretence to the tune of Twenty-Two Million, Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N22,400,000.00).

West is alleged to have received the said amount from one Emmanuel Dike at different times in 2013 for payment of a bungalow at D/Line, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

However, the complainant later discovered that the property had been sold to another person while his efforts to recover his money did not succeed.

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge when read to him.

In view of his plea, the prosecution counsel, C.A.Okoli applied for a date for the commencement of trial while the defence counsel C.B.Osita made an oral application for bail of the accused to enable him attend to his health.

Justice Agumoh granted the accused bail in the sum of One Million Naira and two sureties in like sum. One of the sureties must be a relation to the accused and must deposit the sum of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200, 000.00) at the court registry while the second surety must be a civil servant on grade level 10 and above.

The sureties who must reside within the jurisdiction of the court will be verified by the bailiff and the prosecution.

The case was adjourned to 17th and 18th of January, 2017 for trial while the accused person is to be remanded in prison custody until he perfects his bail conditions.

http://nghubs.com/efcc-arraigns-pastor-for-n22-4m-fraud/

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by SimpleBea(m): 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2016
All these fake pastors spoiling God's name all around just for their selfish and dubious interests.
Repent or Burn in Hell!

12 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by tukdi: 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2016
undecided
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Ronaldinnioh(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ok
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by agboskipool(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nawaooo,pastor too de corrupt,naija I hail oooo

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by MVLOX(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2016
End time pastors everywhere

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Everyone could be pastors these days, same like Pastor Ize-Iyamu.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Pastor the pastor... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by rottenPussy: 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
with the way EFCC is operating nowadays, I hope they will not come and arraign me for collecting school fee only to invest it on a rotten puzzy undecided

Ataam Cucumber Chidima

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by yemajiteru(m): 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Pastor.... #smh
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by samzy(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
See levelsssss
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Osmondinho(m): 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
scammers on the alter of SALVATION, trust any pastor or Rev father at ya own peril

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by nextprince: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Pastor agaiiiin? Hmm! Okay o
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by SaintzPeter(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2016
pastor sef na sinner...
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by BIDOO(m): 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
Don't be surprise if at last he was found guilty, The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
Judge not matthew 7vs1.
Let the law take it's course
We are all human prone to mistake (fallible) Regardless of ur status.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Moreoffaith(m): 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
see him neck.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
CON-man grin

Nigerian pastors be like...

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by pring: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2016
99% of pastors are scammers.
Only interested in church business, tithe n Offerings.
I can never trust any.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by AfroBlue(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
One day 9ja history books will tell the story of the great works of the EFCC in the 2016-20** era. wink

i think the ancestors are smiling!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by buffalowings: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2016
So the tithe no dey enough abi
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by joinnow: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
The 3 PS profession I fear
Police
Politicians
Pastors
grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2016
buffalowings:
So the tithe no dey enough abi
Nothin is enough for this religious thieves.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by jbaby265(f): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
Nothing surprises me anymore..Next pls
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by odiboo(m): 1:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
I happen to live on the street (Abuja lane,Dline PH) where this occurred. First of the subject is totally wrong, I opened the thread and can't put in words the shock I experienced when I saw it was Pastor West.
He sold his land to a certain Lawyer for an agreed sum of money. Lawyer paid part of it, it was short 10mil, which he promised to pay a month later. 2 months passed and lawyer didn't come thru with said payment. Someone else came and negotiated to buy the land, Pastor West sold it, went to the lawyer with the deposit he made, Lawyer refused to take it, said it should have yielded interest if he had done business with it. So he should add the interest or give him the land.
How is this fraud on the pastor's part? How?

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Ademat7(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
odiboo:
I happen to live on the street (Abuja lane,Dline PH) where this occurred. First of the subject is totally wrong, I opened the thread and can't put in words the shock I experienced when I saw it was Pastor West.
He sold his land to a certain Lawyer for an agreed sum of money. Lawyer paid part of it, it was short 10mil, which he promised to pay a month later. 2 months passed and lawyer didn't come thru with said payment. Someone else came and negotiated to buy the land, Pastor West sold it, went to the lawyer with the deposit he made, Lawyer refused to take it, said it should have yielded interest if he had done business with it. So he should add the interest or give him the land.
How is this fraud on the pastor's part? How?
Part2
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Kobicove(m): 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2016
Na wah O
Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by Aremu01(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
Speak evil of no man

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arraigns Pastor For N22.4M Fraud. by haryomikun(m): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2016
nghubs1:
The Economic and financial Crimes commission have arraigned a port Harcourt based pastor for N22million fraud.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, arraigned Pastor Nimi West and his company, Nimak & Company Nigeria Limited before Justice U.N. Agumoh of the Federal High Court Port Harcourt, Rivers State on a four- count charge of obtaining money under false pretence to the tune of Twenty-Two Million, Four Hundred Thousand Naira (N22,400,000.00).

West is alleged to have received the said amount from one Emmanuel Dike at different times in 2013 for http://www.themchub.com/fundamental-human-rights-according-nigerian-constitution/ payment of a bungalow at D/Line, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

However, the complainant later discovered that the property had been sold to another person while his efforts to recover his money did not succeed.

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge when read to him.

In view of his plea, the prosecution counsel, C.A.Okoli applied for a date for the commencement of trial while the defence counsel C.B.Osita made an oral application for bail of the accused to enable him attend to his health.

Justice Agumoh granted the accused bail in the sum of One Million Naira and two sureties in like sum. One of the sureties must be a relation to the accused and must deposit the sum of Two Hundred Thousand Naira (N200, 000.00) at the court registry while the second surety must be a civil servant on grade level 10 and above.

The sureties who must reside within the jurisdiction of the court will be verified by the bailiff and the prosecution.

The case was adjourned to 17th and 18th of January, 2017 for trial while the accused person is to be remanded in prison custody until he perfects his bail conditions.

http://nghubs.com/efcc-arraigns-pastor-for-n22-4m-fraud/

This seems fishy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Officers Return Lost Wallet Back To Owner (Photos) / Thieves Who Stole Church Amplifier Caught In Delta,Beaten & Stripped Unclad(pics / NDLEA intercepts Abuja-bound Loads Of Nitrous Oxide ‘laughing Gas’ Consignments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.