Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,404 members, 7,839,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually (5455 Views)

See A Photo Of N1 Note That Was Used In 1979 When $1 Was Equal To N0.647 / Presidential Election: Gani Adams (opc Leader) Changes Song. It's Shocking! / A Nairalander Prophesied About Synagogue Church Disaster!. It's Shocking!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by texazzpete(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2009
NINETOFIVE:

Is because of azzholes like you that reason from your butthole that discouraged me from posting on Nairaland,.

No, mate. Don't blame me for your daftness.

NINETOFIVE:

you are clearly a dumb waste of space

I'm honored. I thought you only reserved these words for your close family members?

NINETOFIVE:

, go to Israel they recently opened a museum where they displayed all the images of holocaust no matter how graphic they are, the museum is called the holocaust museum. The Russians show German atrocities towards them during the second world war for the whole of month of may every year, atleast if you want to comment on something make sure you 've got a brain.

Yes, there are holocaust memorials in Israel and Russia. And there's nothing wrong in remembering the sins of the past. The Holocaust and the massive civillian death toll in Russia are significant milestones in jewish and russian history. However, much of the hate people like you are channelling here are absent from the present day commemorations of those atrocities. As i said before, Germans are welcome in Israel and Russia today because they've allowed most of the hate to leach out and they have long realised the silliness of holding generations removed from the Nazis responsible for the WW2 atrocities. People have learnt to move on.

Nairaland is not a museum or the preserve of one man or one school of thought. It's a public forum accessible to everyone, both young and old. Putting such gory photos there without a disclaimer is just plain stupid, and i struggle to understand why you cannot comprehend this simple fact. I am forced to blame your undoubtedly provincial mentality for this.

Funny how none of you have seen fit to dispute the original poster's assertion of pre civil war 'holocaust' of Igbos in the West. Neither have any of you reparation-seeking people offered any reparation for the Igbo invasion and occupation of the Midwest in a war so often billed as a purely defensive affair.

Keep wrapping yourself in hate. You'll die faster that way and the world will be rid of a retard sooner rather than later.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Duduknight(m): 9:06am On Oct 31, 2009
texazzpete:

No, mate. Don't blame me for your daftness.

I'm honored. I thought you only reserved these words for your close family members?

Yes, there are holocaust memorials in Israel and Russia. And there's nothing wrong in remembering the sins of the past. The Holocaust and the massive civillian death toll in Russia are significant milestones in jewish and russian history. However, much of the hate people like you are channelling here are absent from the present day commemorations of those atrocities. As i said before, Germans are welcome in Israel and Russia today because they've allowed most of the hate to leach out and they have long realised the silliness of holding generations removed from the Nazis responsible for the WW2 atrocities. People have learnt to move on.

Nairaland is not a museum or the preserve of one man or one school of thought. It's a public forum accessible to everyone, both young and old. Putting such gory photos there without a disclaimer is just plain stupid, and i struggle to understand why you cannot comprehend this simple fact. I am forced to blame your undoubtedly provincial mentality for this.

Funny how none of you have seen fit to dispute the original poster's assertion of pre civil war 'holocaust' of Igbos in the West. Neither have any of you reparation-seeking people offered any reparation for the Igbo invasion and occupation of the Midwest in a war so often billed as a purely defensive affair.

Keep wrapping yourself in hate. You'll die faster that way and the world will be rid of a retard sooner rather than later.

You have put it succintly; now I think it is time to draw your contribution on this subject to a close. Your position is far removed from theirs.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by texazzpete(m): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2009
Duduknight:

You have put it succintly; now I think it is time to draw your contribution on this subject to a close. Your position is far removed from theirs.

I concur. They're set in their ways and i'll only end up being flamed unmercifully.
I'm out.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by WilyWily: 10:33am On Oct 31, 2009
oko1:

if this people were your brother, sister ,mother, farther , uncle or any of your relative the tread would have make sense to you.
The Evils of Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani North will live with them, These apes are Heartless Savages. I still don't comprehend why Yorubas took it upon themselves to kill those infants.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by chosen04(f): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2009
After seeing those pics i think my reason(S) for not believing in nIGERIA is justified. You cant waste a generation of ur fellow country men (if indeed we are from same country) and still want daily prayers and patriotic moves from the people only good to be wasted.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by chosen04(f): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2009
WilyWily:

The Evils of Yoruba/Hausa/Fulani North will live with them, These apes are Heartless Savages. I still don't comprehend why Yorubas took it upon themselves to kill those infants.

Some what has happened to the Godly command of love your enemies. Even if nIGERIANS had problems/hatred with the parents of these children why turn same HATRED to these innocent children. I have witnessed wars but i have never seen where children are killed nor denied foods during periods of war.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Onlytruth(m): 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2009
@Duduknight and texazzpete

Have you ever wondered why Germany found it necessary to erect monuments to commemorate the victims of the holocaust? Mind you, they didn't have to do anything! The war happened a loooooooooooooooog time ago, right? Especially in light of the fact that the state of Israel has come to be, and that Jews now have a homeland where they can secure themselves(which is why I am a sworn lifelong defender of Israel!).
Germany might still have some Jewish population, but Germany and Israel is not one country. Yet Germans still pay these moral debts and has assisted in arresting and bringing to justice all known participants in the holocaust. They don't have to do these things, but they do!

In a sadistic twist, Nigerians who perpetrated similar crimes against "fellow Nigerians" cannot bring themselves to the level of acknowledging their evil past and expiating or paying compensation or taking moral responsibility or taking judicial actions to forestall a repeat (like jailing those responsible).
When you look at these things, anyone with any atom of brains would realize the stupidity of the notion of a united Nigeria today.
I have often argued that Nigeria's biggest problem is idiocy.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Ellyptical: 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2009
L+G,
While I always saw texazzpete as a man of fair reasoning, I may be forced to see him in another light by virtue of his disposition on this issue at hand. If I am not mistaking, I heard him say that these killings do no happen again in present day Nigeria. I beg to differ. The northerners still go on a killing rampage on the slightest provocation and the government does absolutely nothing to enforce law until the Igbos decide to regroup and retaliate.
While the germans showed remorse by briging all the perpertrators to justice and paying huge sums to the families of the holocaust victims, the Nigerian government went ahead to issue a directive that left the Igbos with N20 for every bank account an Igbo had after the war, irrespective of what you had in it.
That shows how we love to show our own remorse. In any case, the God of the jews has smiled on us and the UN report on the wealth distribution in Nigeria has reported that the south-east is the richest geo-political zone in Nigeria, irrespective of being left with N20 after the war.

On a slightly different note, I hear people saying that Ojuwku was greedy and power-drunk because he declared biafra.
Can anyone show me a loving father that has seen his children being slaughtered like chickens in other parts of the country that would not take desperate measures to carve out a safe haven that he can defend millitarily to prevent further onslaught?

On a final note, year after year, ethno-religious crises claims the lives of Igbos up north. In effect, our existence as one Nigeria is actually a tool that fosters the loss of lives of some particular tribe in the nation. If Nigeria were to split, there will not be cases of people being transferred to the north, going to the north for NYSC or having to go to the north for some official assignment and meeting their untimely death in the hands of bigots.
Split Nigeria. If for nothing, as a measure to save more lives.
The loss of lives is still happening . . .everyday . .with the last being the cold blooded murder of and NYSC corps member in the North! Without this "one Nigeria", that lady corper would still be alive today because she wouldn't have been mandated to go into the hands of people who want her dead in the name of seving a nation that will later end up killing her.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Onlytruth(m): 11:12pm On Oct 31, 2009
In Nigeria, everything goes under the carpet! How twisted can a people be? These same people would still wonder why Nigerian blood counts for nothing, why people are stealing the nation blind and why everyone tasting the presidential seat wants to die there.
In a nation where everything goes under the carpet, anything (evil) is possible.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2009
a people who leave in denial, saying nigeria have moved past those pics are bufoons, because that same scenario was re enacted in gbaramatu not too long ago, saying that their father is responsible and not them is, equally hilarious, but i i will tell them today, that it will as well happen to them and their people and then they will understand, this life is a circle.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by naijaking1: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2009
df2006:

a people who leave in denial, saying nigeria have moved past those pics are bufoons, because that same scenario was re enacted in gbaramatu not too long ago, saying that their father is responsible and not them is, equally hilarious, but i i will tell them today, that it will as well happen to them and their people and then they will understand, this life is a circle.
The real essence of this discusion is to try to break an obvious and most most likely circle of inter-tribal massacre, today and tomorrow.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by WilyWily: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2009
Even The massacred that took place in Odi and Gbaramatu, was a planed by Northerners and Yorubas through their Soldiers to reduce the population of Ijaw people, the way kids were targeted by these Savages will tell you what their aims were.
Check also how Igbo kids were Massacred, Those Western and Northern Savages claimed that they are fighting to unite Nigeria as one, but the real truth is that the deliberate targeted killings and poisoning of innocent Igbo kids and pregnant women was a well planed mission by Yorubas/Hausa/Fulani to reduce the population of Igbos.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 01, 2009
@naijaking i  truly feel you, and agree totally, but with the mindsets of people you find here in this forum, goes to show how most of them think in this country called nigeria, imagine someone saying those pics assail his sensibilities, for christ sake that is the picture of somebody,s father, mother, sister, uncle, still alive in nigeria today, and to say we have move past that, to become traders, bankers,thieves, so there fore move on, oh! pls, tell dat to the dogs, so naijaking, with such mindsets it will repeat itself and happen to them as well.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by Dede1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2009
I am struggling to restrain myself from believing that all these altercations were against the act of remembrance of peoples’ past experience. If all these postulations were stacked against the sincere sense of remembrance on the part of Biafrans who have audacious pedigree to revisit history, then the conjecturers are filled with mind of iniquity and must be watched closely because evidences suggested that they are piqued that some Biafrans are still walking the earth.

I could not fathom the impetus that warranted one of the haters of Biafrans in general and Ndigbo in particular to insinuate that Midwestern region was neutral entity during Nigeria/Biafra civil war. I thought stupidity has limits but I was obviously wrong. The last time I checked though, Midwestern region of Nigeria was not a sovereign state and this idea of being neutral is at best idiocy.

During the peace conference in Aburi, Ghana, the military governor of Midwestern region sat on the conference table as a representative of Nigeria. About the beginning of July 1, 1967, Gowon sat in Lagos and issued orders to 1st Area Command to launch attack on Biafra and 2nd Areas Command to move Lagos Garrison Organization under Major Adekunle to Escravos, Midwestern region as the launching pad for amphibious attacks on Onitsha and Port Harcourt. At the time, Gowon issued order to 2nd Area Command to move 8th battalion under Major Ochefu to Warri as a support unit because the battalion is made of soldiers who have experienced battle field jitters in Congo.

I can not believe the reason behind the shameless fanning the factor of neutrality on the part of Midwestern region when it was obvious that the region remained part of Nigeria and every part of the country was a legitimate open season. I honestly believed that most of these induced senses of falsehood perpetrated against Biafrans were born out of inherent hatred against Ndigbo in particular and Biafra in general.

There are many Ndigbo who still think of Nigeria as in the mold of Azikwe and would behave like Maj. Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi. If you are one of such Igbo persons, I do not wish you a day of progress.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by udezue(m): 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2009
Texaspette
Who told you can dicate where pics of Biafra war can be shown? Your arguments holds no weight. Midwest was part of Nigeria so was open for any invasion to defeat Nigerian troops in Lagos. Quit acting like you have no common sense just coz you want to paint Biafrans as the aggressors. Besides Igbos were also natives of Midwest so did you think Igbos of Biafra will seceed without their kith and kin in other parts of Nigeria? Ijo ppl were there too and if Biafra was to be actualized the Midwest would still lose its Ijo territory to Biafra where Ijo people were also native.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by emyah(m): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2009
chosen04:

Some what has happened to the Godly command of love your enemies. Even if nIGERIANS had problems/hatred with the parents of these children why turn same HATRED to these innocent children. I have witnessed wars but i have never seen where children are killed nor denied foods during periods of war.

may you be bless
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by jona2: 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
sad
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by ketsho: 5:30pm On Nov 16, 2009
men, women, and children, from all parts of Eastern Region will never forget Ur evils
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by jona2: 12:44am On Nov 17, 2009
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
the only one you / we will ever have.
Returning to Biafra means supporting Biafra actualization in any and all ways, because only an
Independent Sovereign Biafra can provide diplomatic protection based on International Law for
all Biafrans and their properties wherever they may reside outside of Biafra,
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2009
Once again, we use this medium to speak to Biafrans who, for any number of reasons, continue
to actively cling to Nigeria / one-Nigeria. If anyone in that group still seriously thinks that Biafra
belongs in Nigeria, all we can say to that, is, “what an incurable disease!” And, what a pity!
Because, every day, Nigeria demonstrates in policy and deeds that it is no place for Biafrans; that
it does not want Biafrans, except only as slaves, or food for a ravaging and determined predator
and parasite. To the rest, we say, Believe: believe in Biafra! Return to Biafra! Pay mind to
Biafra.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
Ojo Maduekwe: even after the
Rotimi’s of Nigeria eventually remind him in calculated derogatory terms that he is still a
“bloody Biafran who was defeated years ago by Nigeria in war,” Maduekwe will be the first to
publicly denounce Biafra and claim one-Nigerian today. Why do these Biafrans want to belong
to something which does not want them, and which constantly insults them and puts them in
their place—outside? Do we forget that at a certain point, Insult not only sticks to the insulted,
but, actually becomes that insulted person who has deliberately clung to the insulting medium?
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by ketsho: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
For this reason, we speak to the Spirit in all Biafrans: it is time to return to Biafra. “Returning to
Biafra” does not mean physical translocation. But, it means physically developing Biafra /
Biafraland. Returning to Biafra does not mean giving up the perquisites of one’s status
elsewhere, but it means, giving something tangible back to, for the sake of, and in the name of,
Biafra in return—
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by ketsho: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
What have we gained by developing Nigeria and ignoring Biafraland? Are you happy and
content with yourself when you proudly report to your friends or family, or your children, that
you are developing Nigeria and maliciously neglecting Biafraland—that you cannot get to or
locate your own overgrown compound in Biafraland? Are you alright within yourself and with
your conscience when you understand that, not only have you joined Nigeria in developing one-
Nigeria at the expressed expense of Biafraland, but you have also joined Nigeria in its policy of
starving Biafraland of any development? Please, tell us where you can go today and be proud to
tell people that your own home in Biafraland has been completely neglected because you prefer
to develop other peoples’ lands, to develop one-Nigeria. Tell us whose mother or father taught
him or her growing up that it is preferable to abandon one’s own homeland and its development,
in favor of developing another’s, especially when one is an unwelcome alien in the land that one
has blindly vowed to develop at the very expense of one’s own land.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2009
Trashing of the Biafran currency by the Central Bank, confiscation of landed properties, which Ndiigbo abandoned in the heat of war and imposition of autocratic rule by perceived traitors to the Biafran cause, were indicative of the life that confronted those who were lucky to have survived the mayhem till the end. The Civil War helped to launch Nigeria’s political destiny on a path that will ever make it impossible to fully return the country to the halcyon days of the First Republic.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
40 years from the end of hostilities, Biafra and the politics that surrounded it continue to haunt many citizens, particularly those who bore the brunt of the Civil War and those who still have to bear the scars of that futile struggle for the rest of their lives. There is unanimity that the Civil War era was the most traumatic epoch of Nigerian history. An estimated more than 2 million lives of Biafrans were prematurely terminated by starvation, disease and direct casualties from a murderous hausa/Yoruba that featured untold brutality from hausa/Yoruba
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
The official Federal Government stance till date has been to ignore the facts of the Civil War with the expectation that passage of time will dilute its import or completely expunge its relevance within the polity as the Civil War generation dies out.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by emyah(m): 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
What i have to say is that Nigeria is a failed state to the detriment of the black world. No body should blame the easterners especially Igbo’s for this failure because they have sacrificed a lot to ensure the continued existence of Nigeria.

They chose to go their own way when they found out that their efforts are being thwarted by those with whom they think they could make a better Nigeria and give the black skin a positive meaning. The Hausas and Yoruba’s are always trying to portray the easterners as bad eggs who are bent on breaking up Nigeria. But the truth is that they (the Hausas & Yoruba’s) are the true enemies of Nigeria.

The Igbo’s believe so much in dialogue. Therefore a forced union is not acceptable to them hence the popular saying among them- Akpaa akpa, a rahu n'ute(it takes agreement for two to shear a mat.) All these are too obvious for anyone to doubt. As for Biafra, it has been ordained in Heaven and no earthly power can stop it.

I hereby call on all those who wish to see Africa move forward as well as those who are on the side of Justice, Equity & amp; Fairness to support Biafra without reservation. BIAFRA GA A DIRIRI!!!
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by citizenY(m): 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2009
Oya, Emyah, HANDS TO THE PLOUGH lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by ketsho: 11:09am On Nov 24, 2009
This is still our story! Time has failed to heal
wounds inflicted by pictures of spattered flesh
that grinned at us from bloodied mantelpieces.
We have yet to learn to sleep, daily reliving
mighty explosions and their afterglow
frozen in malignant memories.
Re: Isn’t It Shocking To Note That Some People From Eastern Region Biafra Actually by oko1: 2:19pm On Nov 25, 2009
you must dissolve One Nigeria and allow the different Nations to assume their sovereignty once again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The North, South-west, And The Stealing Of Nigeria’s Common Patrimony / Anti-amaechi Lawmakers Shun Commission Of Inquiry / Presidency Gives Reason As Pigeons Refuse Flying At Armed Force Remembrance Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.