Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,446 members, 7,958,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) (8963 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Which Club Will Give Me The Best 1st Time Experience In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by toshacer: 7:35am On Oct 30, 2009
whoever is sad needs to go jump into the deepest lagoon- Naija forever.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by marorara: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2009
So whats the celebration?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Jakumo(m): 7:48am On Oct 30, 2009
I could ramble on for hours about the flight sim hobby, The Amaka, but I will restrain myself and just point out that Microsoft Flight Simulator can only be considered a game if the user decides[b] not [/b] to invest in one or more of the ultra-realistic addon aircraft from PMDG or Level D.  Those software packages are in fact used for a considerable amount of the type-rating proficiency training undergone by real airline pilots in at least one Israeli airline that I know of.

If you invest in only ONE aircraft addon for Microsoft Flight 2004, then without doubt, that product MUST be the Level D 767-300ER from Level D, in the link below.   Finally, a computer keyboard simply doesn't cut it as a flight control approximation.  You MUST have a flight yoke and rudder pedals as a bare minimum, and if you can afford it, a throttle quadrant.  With those controls, you will train your reflexes to reach for the same point in space to manipulate the aircraft flight controls, as you would if you were seated in the captain's chairt of a real cockpit.

http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp      The crown jewel of home flight simulation aircraft.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 7:53am On Oct 30, 2009
Jakumo:

I could ramble on for hours about the flight sim hobby, The Amaka, but I will restrain myself and just point out that Microsoft Flight Simulator can only be considered a game if the user decides[b] not [/b] to invest in one or more of the ultra-realistic addon aircraft from PMDG or Level D. Those software packages are in fact used for a considerable amount of the type-rating proficiency training undergone by real airline pilots in at least one Israeli airline that I know of.

If you invest in only ONE aircraft addon for Microsoft Flight 2004, then without doubt, that product MUST be the Level D 767-300ER from Level D, in the link below. Finally, a computer keyboard simply doesn't cut it as a flight control approximation. You MUST have a flight yoke and rudder pedals as a bare minimum, and if you can afford it, a throttle quadrant. With those controls, you will train your reflexes to reach for the same point in space to manipulate the aircraft, as you would if you were seated in a real cockpit.

http://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp The crown jewel of home flight simulation aircraft.
OMG!! really?
i want it now!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry
ive been trying to figure out.
on average, how much does the flight simulator 2004 cost?
or the flight simulator x?

i know that pilots do use this to undergo training. it makes it SOOOO realistic
and the rudder pedals would make it all the more real. cheesy
and the flight yoke as well.

i bet it does feel like a real cockpit.
its probably one of those games that is like your "high" or your drug.
i know if i had it i would be a crack addict!! lol
cause i would need my high everyday.

so how long do flights last.
in the game, for example, if youre taking a flight from hong kong to schiphol flying KLM Asia, would the game last as long as a real flight, or would it be only a take off and landing kind of thing.
i dont understand that part.
so if a flight in real life took 7 hours, in the game would the flight span time be 7 hours or some kind of warped thingy?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 7:55am On Oct 30, 2009
and whats the hype on the 767?
that aircraft is alright for me.
im still a big fan of the 777 and the 747 right behind it.

so what is your take on Airbus? MD? DC?
i say "booooo!" to the rest besides Boeing. lol
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by ayotee2000(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2009
At least, this'll reduce the occurrence of Attah's 15 car convoy terrorizing Calabar metropolis
grin
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Jakumo(m): 8:07am On Oct 30, 2009
Microsoft Flight Simulator is dead cheap at $15.   The Level D 767 costs far more, but is worth every penny at $90 or so.

You can make your flights as short as you want, and I typically choose to fly final approaches and landings, restarting the flight right after each smooth touchdown.  That way I can rack up hundreds of landings in all weather conditions, till the entire process becomes instinctive.  My favourite airport for sheer difficulty of the approach is the (now disused) Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport, whose final approach requires an extremely sharp right turn into finals that took me weeks to master without crashing.

You are right that the hobby is addictive, but this is a learning experience that translates into real life and a possible career is one so chooses.  There are also numerous on-line vendors of airport ground scenery that are breathlessly realistic.  My favourite sceneries are Zurich Flughafen by Flight Simulation Dream Team, London Heathrow by UK 2000, and the amazing Kai Tak Airport and Hong Kong Harbor, sold by Fly Tampa.

Regarding the 777, there is currently NO highly detailed and realistic 777 addon for home flight simulators currently available. The 777's on sale are not accurate renditions of real life by any stretch of the imagination.

Get started and  take to the virtual skies.   You'll be glad you did.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 8:20am On Oct 30, 2009
Jakumo:

Microsoft Flight Simulator is dead cheap at $15. The Level D 767 costs far more, but is worth every penny at $90 or so.

You can make your flights as short as you want, and I typically choose to fly final approaches and landings, restarting the flight right after each smooth touchdown. That way I can rack up hundreds of landings in all weather conditions, till the entire process becomes instinctive. My favourite airport for sheer difficulty of the approach is the (now disused) Hong Kong Kai Tak Airport, whose final approach requires an extremely sharp right turn into finals that took me weeks to master without crashing.

You are right that the hobby is addictive, but this is a learning experience that translates into real life and a possible career is one so chooses. There are also numerous on-line vendors of airport ground scenery that are breathlessly realistic. My favourite sceneries are Zurich Flughafen by Flight Simulation Dream Team, London Heathrow by UK 2000, and the amazing Kai Tak Airport and Hong Kong Harbor, sold by Fly Tampa.

Regarding the 777, there is currently NO highly detailed and realistic 777 addon for home flight simulators currently available. The 777's on sale are not accurate renditions of real life by any stretch of the imagination.

Get started and take to the virtual skies. You'll be glad you did.
thanks you so much!!! kiss kiss kiss
yeah hong kong airport is one of the best.
so what airlines do you usually choose to fly?
Heathrow seems cool too.
thanks, i just might get the game sometime soon. smiley
wait its not a game its, idk what to call it. lol
i love how some people post their flights on youtube, its awesome!!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by FlamingGun: 8:29am On Oct 30, 2009
Many who have made negative comments about the airport miss the point. About 80% of Calabar airport patronage is from Akwa Ibom State. The Uyo airport will give them a fair alternative to going to Calabar on a terrible federal road (yes, federal. It is Abuja's responsibility to fix that road - and it takes three to four hours to travel the 80 odd kilometers to get to Calabar, depending on weather conditions, not counting the threat of armed robbery). I am writing from experience. Building the airport is one of the more forward-thinking things that the past and current administration in the state have done. Moreover, as someone rightly pointed out, it hosts an MRO facility which, hopefully, will help Nigeria(ns) save some money and acquire technical skills.

Are the people right to be happy? Who is to judge? If happiness is seeing an aircraft land and takeoff for the first time and being able to tell the story to one's folk, why not? Perhaps most of those present may never fly, but that does not prevent them from sharing the moment. You need not walk on the moon to be happy it shines!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:52am On Oct 30, 2009
Blackmann you are a fool, ur comment shows that u are living in an unconnected slum for UK. depsite the fact that u live in Uk, u still can`t get a little information right.

U gave u laptop self.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by MrCrackles(m): 8:54am On Oct 30, 2009
Topic
Praise the Lord! shocked grin
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by ezeagu(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2009
Oboma1:

No one should compare London airport to even Lagos airport, talkless of that in Akwa Ibom. An airport that might not even see the light of day. The project is wrongly timed, and obviouly it is political. GOD will save these two states from rivalry.

No one is comparing Akwa Ibom with London, it London with the WHOLE of Eastern Nigeria.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by SmashingM(f): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2009
You guys are fighting over yourself for nothing. It's true it's a little bit late for Akwa Ibom to boast of an airport. The truth is majority of the Akwaibomites are happy over this even though our exethieves have used the project to stuff their pockets with the State's money. Without arik airlines it wouldn't have been a reality because the airport is less than finished. Lets hope it would not be abandoned because of "tied now resources" for second term.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nezan(m): 10:05am On Oct 30, 2009
Kudos to the Akwa Ibom state government.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by bonnez(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2009
Seun now that these people are insulting my state and Governor you've not reacted. when i post my reply also you will ban me abi??
ok
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by bonnez(m): 10:15am On Oct 30, 2009
FlamingGun:

Many who have made negative comments about the airport miss the point. About 80% of Calabar airport patronage is from Akwa Ibom State. The Uyo airport will give them a fair alternative to going to Calabar on a terrible federal road (yes, federal. It is Abuja's responsibility to fix that road - and it takes three to four hours to travel the 80 odd kilometers to get to Calabar, depending on weather conditions, not counting the threat of armed robbery). I am writing from experience. Building the airport is one of the more forward-thinking things that the past and current administration in the state have done. Moreover, as someone rightly pointed out, it hosts an MRO facility which, hopefully, will help Nigeria(ns) save some money and acquire technical skills.

Are the people right to be happy? Who is to judge? If happiness is seeing an aircraft land and takeoff for the first time and being able to tell the story to one's folk, why not? Perhaps most of those present may never fly, but that does not prevent them from sharing the moment. You need not walk on the moon to be happy it shines!
God Bless you. i don't know why people cannot just read a post and move on if they have nothing reasonable to say. must we always express negativity? most peolpe who have commented on this post are doing so out of sheer ignorance. I hail and reside in Akwa Ibom so i know what i'm saying.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 30, 2009
i don't see why all you guys are condemning them for having an airport. have you ever seen an airport located on a tree. well these guys just got the chance to come down from the trees and see something new. so pls be happy for them. you should be happy they didn't run for their lives when they saw the plane.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Builder: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2009
i hear say say Akwa ibom boyz don loot the plane engine and the seat. katakata don burst
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Eziachi: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2009
Folks, please Have Nigerians ever heard the word LANDSCAPING? The whole environment looks very silly with over grown weeds all over the place. And still have scaffolding materials all over the place.
And typical Nigeria, every single thing had to be a fanfare or a jamboree with traditional dances and uniform match passing. The money spent for the fanfare opening of the airport is likely going to be bigger than the actual project cost.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Abagworo(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2009
al-qaeda:

i don't see why all you guys are condemning them for having an airport. have you ever seen an airport located on a tree. well these guys just got the chance to come down from the trees and see something new. so pls be happy for them. you should be happy they didn't run for their lives when they saw the plane.

this desert fundamentalist should f**** outta here.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by paddyboi: 11:09am On Oct 30, 2009
No one should compare London airport to even Lagos airport

why not, i have been to london and what we call it is advanced lagos, nothing special, a lot of enemies of progress here, if the akwa ibom people want to build airport, let them, who are u to judge,
also i hope u guys know that Nigeria is larger than U.K, France, Germany, and all western european countries, some of them like belgium and swiss and denmark, Nigeria can swallow them like 4 or 5 times, i am talking of geographic space here, so more airports, not less is good for naija,
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by sandee575(f): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2009
@ Jakumo

reading through your posts alongside with TheAmaka, i cant help but ask if
you have ever flown a real aircraft. You sound as knowledgeable as a pilot.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by chelseabmw(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2009
good news
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by sandee575(f): 11:47am On Oct 30, 2009
Akwa Ibom airport is a welcome development bearing in mind that the Calabar airport
can only accomodate Class C aircraft, such that the likes of wide bodies cannot land there
due short runway length. It is also planned to serve as an aircraft maintenance base with huge hangars
and handle cargo aircrat. Lofty ideas. But the fear is, just like virtually everything Nigerian, once the fanfare is over
and all the contract kickbacks have been obtained, its byebye to the whole concept of the airport. Maintenance of infrastructure
goes haywire, equipment suffer deterioration, the grass overgrows, water ceases to flow , ,  ,  ,
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Oct 30, 2009
This will surely make it easy for people coming to calabar for the international festival that comes up every December in Nigeria. kudos to Nigeria, we will get there.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by r231(m): 1:38pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nice. Ekiti state is next

true
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
Akwa Ibom people can be local sometimes!
Is that an airstrip or an airport? D man reporting even claimed the runway is the second(did i hear him say largest or was he supposed to say longest?)largest in africa! Politicians!
God help us
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by blacksta(m): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2009
OYINBOGOJU:

Blackmann you are a fool, your comment shows that u are living in an unconnected slum for UK. depsite the fact that u live in Uk, u still can`t get a little information right.

U gave u laptop self.

i hope u werent referring to me - or i give third degree - olosi
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 30, 2009
Long live Cross River State  cheesy wink
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by toosoon(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2009
Thank God for Akwa Ibom by this time last year na witch dey touch down
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2009
is anyone else in here an aviation freak like myself?
undecided
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by cvibe: 2:44pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cheapest Masters School And Course In Canada? / Air Peace Begins Flight Operations To London March 30 / Nigerians In Astana, Kazakhstan(help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.