Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,729 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) (8754 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / Which Club Will Give Me The Best 1st Time Experience In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Princek12(m): 4:54am On Oct 30, 2009
FL Gators:

Since you can't answer your own question with a solid fact, I'll suggest you shut your trap before questioning my post.

DON'T USE YOUR OPINION TO QUESTION ME IF YOU CANNOT PROVE THAT I AM WRONG. CAPISH?
Answer is an emphatic no. Ekiti is too small and remote and too close to Lagos to generate any compelling interest from Local airlines, much less international airlines; Ibadan, which is substantially larger and more metropolitan than Ekiti, cannot even generate the volume to sustain an airport, so how the hell will Ekiti, as remote as it is, generate the requisite the volume of passengers?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 30, 2009
Princek12:

Answer is an emphatic no. Ekiti is too small and remote and too close to Lagos to generate any compelling interest from Local airlines, much less international airlines; Ibadan, which is substantially larger and more metropolitan than Ekiti, cannot even generate the volume to sustain an airport, so how the hell will Ekiti, as remote as it is, generate the requisite the volume of passengers?
This is not the rubbish I asked for.
Can you give me a statistical prove of Ekiti residents in USA? And fo Ekiti traveling intranational?
Since when does the population of a state accounts for its use of airport?
And what makes you think surrounding states around Ekiti wont use our airport because its closest?

Nigerians and their negativity.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:03am On Oct 30, 2009
abeg make Enugu next.
maybe then i will have a reason to FINALLY go to enugu and see what its like.
then i can head over to Imo state from there.
or re-open Port Harcourt again so i wont have to travel through lagos, abeg.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by chic2pimp(m): 5:05am On Oct 30, 2009
Jaybee2412:

Look how excited they are as if the airport is their lifeline, how foolish. How many of them have been on a plane before or how many are going to be before the end of their miserable life. They should be asking for good roads and rail lines. Planes and airports are for the greedy ruling class and their partners in criime. Get smart!
Abi ooo. Don't mind those silly bunch.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:06am On Oct 30, 2009
Jaybee2412:

Look how excited they are as if the airport is their lifeline, how foolish. How many of them have been on a plane before or how many are going to be before the end of their miserable life. They should be asking for good roads and rail lines. Planes and airports are for the greedy ruling class and their partners in criime. Get smart!
agreed!!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by bawomolo(m): 5:11am On Oct 30, 2009
FL Gators:

My friend, shattap dia.

You think us in the states wnt use it. Why should we have to drive from lagos to go home? angry

Wouldn't that be the point of a regional airport though.

what concern international hub with ekiti?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by chic2pimp(m): 5:12am On Oct 30, 2009
bawomolo:

grin grin grin Leave Ekiti alone oo angry
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 30, 2009
bawomolo:

True. But do you guys actually think it's only going to be Ekiti residents using the airport?

If there was an international airport in Ekiti, I'm positive that it'll be progressive because of the convenience.

@Chic
My dear, will you log off be4 I blow u? angry
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Princek12(m): 5:16am On Oct 30, 2009
FL Gators:

This is not the rubbish I asked for.
Can you give me a statistical prove of Ekiti residents in USA? And fo Ekiti traveling intranational?
Since when does the population of a state accounts for its use of airport?
And what makes you think surrounding states around Ekiti wont use our airport because its closest?

Nigerians and their negativity.
I did not mention anything about the number of Ekiti residents in USA here
I did not say the population of a state accounts for its use of airport
as per the surrounding states, I said Ibadan is more metropolitan than Ekiti and would be the most likely candidate for an airport, but the Ibadan airport failed due to lack of momentum--it was too close to Lagos.

I know it hurts, but an airport in Ekiti, international airport especially, will most likely not work; the odds are severely stacked against it. This is not about negativity but reality.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 5:18am On Oct 30, 2009
Princek12:

I did not mention anything about the number of Ekiti residents in USA here
I did not say the population of a state accounts for its use of airport
as per the surrounding states, I said Ibadan is more metropolitan than Ekiti and would be the most likely candidate for an airport, but the Ibadan airport failed due to lack of momentum--it was too close to Lagos.

I know it hurts, but an airport in Ekiti, international airport especially, will most likely not work; the odds are severely stacked against it. This is not about negativity but reality.
Obvious you did.

Princek12:

You are the one who needs to sharap. Do you think there would be a consistent volume of passengers who will patronize the airport to generate enough revenue that would sustain the operational costs of the airport? Abi how many Ekiti people are in the states? ABeg

Or dont you think before typing?

You have your opinion and I have mines. Is it too much to ask for you to respect that without any animosity?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by chic2pimp(m): 5:19am On Oct 30, 2009
FL Gators:

@Chic
My dear, will you log off be4 I blow u? angry
In Your Dreams wink cool
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:23am On Oct 30, 2009
chic2pimp:

In Your Dreams wink cool
hahaha @ blow
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by chic2pimp(m): 5:26am On Oct 30, 2009
^^^^ Don't mind Gatorsko jare.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:30am On Oct 30, 2009
okay so this is an international airport right?
please!
or am i wrong?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by toshacer: 5:33am On Oct 30, 2009
Stupid lost people abroad - if you think it is not worth celebrating, why not just shut up for God's sake? Must you open your mouths wide to criticise everything done in Nigeria? If this were in other countries, everyone is happy for the country, but the egg head educated non entities in Nigeria will continue to write every developmental effort off as if it wasnt necessary. Abeg, go jump inside the lagoon if you think the people shouldnt be happy. Some idiot is even comparing things with heathrow. I bet people did more than that when the first plane landed down there at heathrow. Most of these goons will not even be able to afford the flight, hence reason for condeming it.

If Lagos wants to build light rail, they shout, its a waste, if a road is to be built, they shout, its a waste, they stay and enjoy the so called luxury where they are, slaving for the white man, and write all negative things about the country Nigeria, idiots.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:36am On Oct 30, 2009
okay i dont wanna ask a dumb question, but doesnt calabar have an international airport?
i could have sworn calabar had an international airport. or is it just local?
cause if thats the case, akwa ibom would have no reason to have an international airport if neighboring calabar has one already.
can someone answer my question. im not too familiar on naija and its airports.
maybe i should look into that later since im a huge aviation freak anyway. lol
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by toshacer: 5:49am On Oct 30, 2009
the point is, all those noises from abroad should just shut down since you all know nothing about what is going on in Nigeria - not everyone is a skeptic about Nigeria, the people are wise and you cant stop them celebrating or jubilating anything they think is worth their time.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by dreeldee: 5:53am On Oct 30, 2009
Headline makes it sound like we're some South African bushmen who are yet to see the white man's bird land  cheesy grin What's so special about landing a plane for the first time in Akwa Ibom when there other crucial issues angry
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:57am On Oct 30, 2009
tosh_acer:

the point is, all those noises from abroad should just shut down since you all know nothing about what is going on in Nigeria - not everyone is a skeptic about Nigeria, the people are wise and you cant stop them celebrating or jubilating anything they think is worth their time.
what the mess is your problem?
answer a simple question, if not, then SHUT UP!
honestly after watching the video i dont see why these people are getting all hyped over this airport.
the majority of them living in poverty know they will not see the daylight of that airport.
like someone else said, its only for the wealthy.
instead of the government in akwa ibom to do better things they are yarning about making history with an airport? lol
its almost laughable.
how about something REAL something to help the common citizens living there. not an airport.
i mean its a good thing, but doesnt calabar have one right over the way?

and what about the lucrative acts of child "witch" killings that is so prevalent in that state? what is their government doing about that?
na wa ooooo

i may not know so much about nigeria but if i cared enough i can easily look up things online and feed my brain.
but thats not the point here. the point is that just because someone is living abroad doesnt mean that they dont know what is going on in naija.

oh im about to write an essay.   tongue

for example:
all that boko haram junk that was going on in the north.
the common nigerian doesnt have a tv and probably not even a radio.
but yet we people abroad will be one of the first to hear the news since we have access to tv, radio, internet, ect ect. . .

also all these kidnappings that go on, most people abroad can find out these things that are just a click away.
most nigerians dont have access to the resources that we have access to, to KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NAIJA!!

also when all that crazy boko haram stuff was going on, most of my family in imo state (living in the village) didnt know squat about any boko haram anything.
they have a tv (with cable), radio ect ect but NEPA isnt always on (another naija problem as well)
but most people out of naija were very much aware of what was happening.

so you cant just say just because someone is abroad that they dont know about what is going on in naija.
thats just dumb!! biko just hush.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:57am On Oct 30, 2009
*dusts off hands after tackling a demon*

now can anyone answer my question.
doesnt Calabar already have an international airport? or not?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:00am On Oct 30, 2009
tosh_acer:

If Lagos wants to build light rail, they shout, its a waste, if a road is to be built, they shout, its a waste, they stay and enjoy the so called luxury where they are, slaving for the white man, and write all negative things about the country Nigeria, idiots.
better roads (where thousands and thousands of people die on things that can be avoidable) is better than some airport that they know most of their citizens wont even be able to use.
this is just another airport for the rich to come flying in and out of.
but anywho. . .
youre last statement holds no water.

Nigeria is doing more slaving for the white man than anyone abroad.
so please, dont vomit that rubbish here!
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Jakumo(m): 6:05am On Oct 30, 2009
Bravo to the Cross River government for building this new airport.   There can NEVER be too many airports in any country, PARTICULARLY in the third world where safety standards for aircraft are not followed to the letter.  

At the very least, an airport is a place to make a safe landing for ANY aircraft that experiences mechanical problems while airborne, and at the best, this new airport could open up tremendous trade and commercial opportunities for the entire surrounding area.

That Boeing 737-800 New Generation aircraft with the all-glass cockpit displays, and those distinctive vertical winglets at the wingtips is a joy to watch anytime, and especially during a silky smooth final approach and landing like the one in the video.     My only gripe about the video is that I would have much rather listened to the pilot describe the accuracy of the airport's ILS system, and the professionalism of tower controllers, than listen to a drunk governor repeating himself in garbled tones.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:07am On Oct 30, 2009
Jakumo:

Bravo to the Cross River government for building this new airport.   There can NEVER be too many airports in any country, PARTICULARLY in the third world where safety standards for aircraft are not followed to the letter.   

At the very least, an airport is a place to make a safe landing for ANY aircraft that experiences mechanical problems while airborne, and at the best, this new airport could open up tremendous trade and commercial opportunities for the entire surrounding area.

That Boeing 737-800 New Generation aircraft with the all-glass cockpit displays, and those distinctive vertical winglets at the wingtips is a joy to watch anytime, and especially during a silky smooth final approach and landing like the one in the video.     My only gripe about the video is that I would have much rather listened to the pilot describe the accuracy of the airport's ILS system, and the professionalism of tower controllers, than listen to a drunk governor repeating himself in garbled tones.

OMG!! youre into aviation too?
im an aviation freak!!
im not a big fan of the 737 series though.
i would have rather listen to the pilot talk about the flight and the plane as well. lol
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Jakumo(m): 6:24am On Oct 30, 2009
THE AMAKA:

OMG!! youre into aviation too?
im an aviation freak!!
im not a big fan of the 737 series though.
i would have rather listen to the pilot talk about the flight and the plane as well. lol

My obsession with flying can only be described as all-consuming, The Amaka.  I have a flight simulator setup based on Microsoft 2004 flight sim platform, and have logged more hours than I care to admit mastering the systems and procedures of the 737 fleet produced by PMDG, and my all time favourite, the 767-300ER from Level D, which handles like a finely tuned Ferrari, in comparison to just about all other commercial jetliners in service today.

Rather than a computer keyboard, my simulator is equipped with a flight yoke, rudder pedals and a throttle quadrant, for added realism.  For me, there are few more intense pleasures than dis-engaging the auto-pilot to hand-fly a big bird though a ferocious storm on final approach to land in a sideways crab while battling monster crosswinds, and I have logged more hours doing that than I have in just about any other recreational activity I know of, including sex.

The right seat in my simulator room is set up with helicopter controls - the collective, cyclic and anti-torque pedals, and with all the hours I have logged there, I could fly and hover a Robinson R22  helicopter blindfolded.  So yeah, I love the birds, be they big or small.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2009
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY A NIGERIAN WITH A PASSION LIKE MINE.
I THINK I LOVE YOU!!   kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

do you think you wanna become a pilot?

ive been really wanting the game Flight Simulator X but im really scared of becoming addicted.
but its SOOOOOO COOL!!
i thought i was the only one with an aviation obsession. lolol
my favorite plane the 777 series. i just love it.

Flight Simulator seems sooooooo cool but im scared of becoming addicted. undecided
you know how some people get addicted to computer games? that sort of thing.

does the flight simulator 2004 version include most regional airports including top airliners.
i believe even Virgin Nigeria (now Eagle Airlines) is in that game also, right?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 30, 2009
Nice development.In us all d 52 states have atleast 1 Airport each.So nigeria must get there.My fear is air tarriff is very high,this can make people fly less
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2009
toba:

Nice development.In us all d 52 states have atleast 1 Airport each.So nigeria must get there.My fear is air tarriff is very high,this can make people fly less
did you just say the US has 52 states?
well anyway its not your country so it doesnt matter to you.

that is true about the air traffic.
before you know it there will be more plane crashes in naija due to air traffic which can lead to this and that ect ect
ive watched enough "Air Crash Investigation" "Mayday, Mayday" to know the kinds of effects this can have.

ALSOOOOO nigerian airports arent as modern and up to date as a lot of western and asian airports.

Hong Kong international airport is the best in the world!!!! no doubt about it.
its beautiful and equipped with the latest stuff.
not so much with naija airports. so each state having an airport is out of the question and unnecessary as most nigerians cant afford to fly anyway.

food for thought.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by mahal(m): 6:41am On Oct 30, 2009
THE AMAKA:

ive been really wanting the game Flight Simulator X but im really scared of becoming addicted.
but its SOOOOOO COOL!!
i thought i was the only one with an aviation obsession. lolol
my favorite plane the 777 series. i just love it.

Flight Simulator seems sooooooo cool but im scared of becoming addicted.   undecided
you know how some people get addicted to computer games? that sort of thing.

does the flight simulator 2004 version include most regional airports including top airliners.
i believe even Virgin Nigeria (now Eagle Airlines) is in that game also, right?

I wouldn't classify FSX or FS 2004 as a mere computer game,
Nice to see nairalanders that love flight Simulator like me.

2004 had a lot of Nigerian Airports and Airstrips, though just the plan of the runways and taxiways  alone not the scenery
or the Architecture of the terminals or buildings, i was disappointed especially with MMA scenes.

Wouldnt know of Eagle Airlines or Virgin maybe its out now,
but i do have a model of Arik Air's CRJ 900, soo nice smiley
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by toshacer: 6:42am On Oct 30, 2009
they told you they are hungry and dieing of hunger? Some people have been gone away too long, so much more that they make no sence in the way the think about Nigeria. Nigerian airports are not modern? Where have you been?
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by Onlytruth(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2009
Jakumo:

Bravo to the Cross River government for building this new airport.   There can NEVER be too many airports in any country, PARTICULARLY in the third world where safety standards for aircraft are not followed to the letter.  

Correction -Akwa Ibom state government (not Cross river). Bro Jakumo [/b]take note! grin

Back to the topic, I had a sweet sensation in my belly (sweet belle) after watching this video! There is something original and good about this airport!
Gov, Akpabio should consult with the best managers to design a sustainability plan to make this airport viable. With little clever strategies, we can have a REAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT in the East. I don't know what killed Calabar. Port Harcourt is not living up to expectation. We need someone to step up in the East to create a real international airport. I'll love to touch down at the new [b]Ibom International airport
(love the sound of that!) soon. Kudos to Gov Akpabio and Akwa Ibom.
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:46am On Oct 30, 2009
tosh_acer:

they told you they are hungry and dieing of hunger?
they dont have to say it, we know its there!
sheesh, get a grip.
you got told, now go and siddon somewhere.

mahal:

I wouldn't classify FSX or FS 2004 as a mere computer game,
Nice to see nairalanders that love flight Simulator like me.

2004 had a lot of Nigerian Airports and Airstrips, though just the plan of the runways and taxiways  alone not the scenery
or the Architecture of the terminals or buildings, i was disappointed especially with MMA scenes.

Wouldnt know of Eagle Airlines or Virgin maybe its out now,
but i do have a model of Arik Air's CRJ 900, soo nice smiley

YES YES YES!!! YOU TOOO??  kiss
well it is A LOT MORE than just a mere computer game, youre right.
but im scared of becoming addicted.
i believe they have Heathrow, Schiphol, Hong Kong, and Narita airport with more than just airstrips and airports.
did they actually have the terminals as well as some of the buildings with detail?

i gotta get my hands on this game.
this is going on my wish list. lol
Re: Plane Touches Down At Akwa Ibom For 1st Time! (video) by THEAMAKA(f): 6:47am On Oct 30, 2009
Onlytruth:

Correction -Akwa Ibom state government (not Cross river). Bro Jakumo [/b]take note! grin

Back to the topic, I had a sweet sensation in my belly (sweet belle) after watching this video! There is something original and good about this airport!
Gov, Akpabio should consult with the best managers to design a sustainability plan to make this airport viable. With little clever strategies, we can have a REAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT in the East. I don't know what killed Calabar. Port Harcourt is not living up to expectation. We need someone to step up in the East to create a real international airport. I'll love to touch down at the new [b]Ibom International airport
(love the sound of that!) soon. Kudos to Gov Akpabio and Akwa Ibom.

ahn ahn
now Enugu is what we need to be discussing. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Poverty_in Britain! Nigerian_single_mother_of_4 / Picture of Broad Street - Lagos (1951) / Share Your Experience: The Longest Journey You've Ever Made.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.