Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,630 members, 7,955,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted (984 Views)

How To Recover Your Data/files If Your Computer Stop Booting / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How To Connect Blackberry To The Internet(on A Computer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by gbolex(m): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2007
I have 20 computers on the network, they are all on win XP and are configured to use Dynamic IP not static. All the computers are all on the internet and they share resouces. There is this particular system that keeps stopping from accesing the internet until it is rebooted (the interval from break in accessing internet varies so i don't think its a virus problem).
But the period that it stops accessing the internet its will be able to access the shared resoures. Its not that there is a complete break in the network on the system its just that its internet access will not work until it is restarted again. Could the problem be the NIC or what becuase its using an onboard NIC.Please i need help badly
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by Seun(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2007
Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the LAN cable when that happens?

What error do you get when that happens?
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by gbolex(m): 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2007
Thanx Seun,
I have not tried disconecting the lan cable any time it does that, but there is no error msg. I only get to know its no loger accessing the internet if the web page is displaying THIS PAGE CAN NOT BE FOUND. Are u trying to say the network cable might be the problem?
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by Seun(m): 9:51pm On Jan 03, 2007
I'm not sure, but if you want to know what the problem is you'll need to test every possibility.
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by goodguy(m): 7:00pm On Jan 04, 2007
Do you see anything like "network cable has been unplugged"? If you do, just check the LAN cable if it's properly connected. Also, the NIC may be the problem. You can try replacing it with another one.

Also, do you use a router? If you do, try disconnecting the router for a few seconds, then reconnect. If any of these does not work, format the PC.
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by Alexos(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2007
for you to be extra sure or where your problem lies,

Take another system and out in the same position with the one given you problem(switch position). Try to diagnose what happens to know where the problem comes from. It it repeats itself on the same system, then u know your NIC in ur systen is faulty, but if it repeats itself on the former position, there must be something wrong with your network cable.
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by gbolex(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2007
Thanx guys,

I will change the location of the system to see if its the network cable or the NIC is bad, but i don't think the cable is unplug because it can still access the network resources. The only problem is dat it stops accessing the internet until it is rebooted without touching the network cable.I will check its port on the router as well.
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by alexis(m): 9:39pm On Jan 05, 2007
check the logs of the system that can't access the internet and sees what it says, the logs always give you valuable info. Secondly, ping other computers on the network from the affected system, if it can't ping them, try pinging the local gateway. If it can't then you know you have a NIC issue.
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by gbolex(m): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2007
i have discovered that it is only yahoo page the can't open when it stops accessing the internet. i just discovered that lately. all other sites open. but u can chat on the yahoo msg. plz can you tell mii how to solve this problem becuase i don't want to format the system
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by gbolex(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2007
i have discovered that it is only yahoo page the can't open when it stops accessing the internet. i just discovered that lately. all other sites open. but u can chat on the yahoo msg. plz can you tell mii how to solve this problem becuase i don't want to format the system
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by Cactus(m): 9:43pm On Feb 11, 2007
First question that should have being asked

what web browser do u use?

sometimes when i use firefox it times out until i clear my cache and all that goodies and it works well. maybe the process of u restarting cleans your cache or something. check your browser settings carefully.

Check for any other firewall and make sure they are not blocking www.yahoo.com or yahoo.com or any variants of yahoo.com
Re: My Computer Stop Accessing The Internet Until It Is Rebooted by gbolex(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2007
I use internet explorer 6.0. i don't think yahoo is been blocked cos yahoo page keeps opening until suddenly it stops, until it is rebooted. It might be the cache as uve said.

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know The Initializing Codes To Starcomms Internet Connection / Usb Cable Problem / My Hp Nx5000 Is Currently Suffering From All Form Virus,worms And Even Raila Odinga. I Tried Uninsta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.