Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode (14637 Views)

Oshodi Transformation Will Depict The New Face Of Lagos - Ambode / New Interchange In Oshodi Lagos– Ambode (Picture) / Nigeria Army Says No Tribal War In Army Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by ARIZONA123(m): 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
chibuzorAbia:

Lagosian from Igboland, sorry for you. Guess what the northerner did when they realised Lagos is resolutely and unequivocally Yoruba land? They quickly moved the capital to Abuja. The Igbos sit there claiming Lagosian.
. Even a kid from Ondo is also claiming Lagosian. Ok. Lagos is for all-Ambode 2016

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by WorldRichest: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
Keneking:
How many Igbo's are in the Lagos State civil service?

Nonsense

Same as the number of Yorubas in Enugu, Imo, Abia, Ebonyi and Anambra civil service. The last time I counted, there were 2 million Yorubas working in Imo, Enugu, Abia, Anambra and Ebonyi civil service. There are also 50 permanent secretaries and 10 commissioners in the South-Eastern civil service.

4 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by ItzChinnex(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
Mr Ambode, we know that already. Lagos is no mans land.
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
ARIZONA123:
. Even a kid from Ondo is also claiming Lagosian. Ok. Lagos is for all-Ambode 2016

Yeah, Ambode was addressing the Igbos, Nwokem.
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by ARIZONA123(m): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
[quote author=chibuzorAbia post=50792124]

Yeah, Ambode was addressing the Igbos, Nwokem.[/quote. Don't quote me again. Go play with ur mate]
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by olaitoro(m): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
ARIZONA123:
. The edd1ot you quoted is an afonja with many numerous igbo sounding monikers. Taking him serious at ur own peril

I know, that guy is a disgrace to yorubas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by olaitoro(m): 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
chibuzorAbia:

Oloshi, I am delta Igbo formerly Bendel Igbo.
keep on denying your yoruba root, well omoales have no root.

you are a disgrace to Awolowo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by OILSOUP: 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2016
LALASTICLALA FP MATERIAL
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by ngmgeek(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
I love Lagos. Period!
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by samsongbemisola(m): 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense
I can bet my 12 Months salary that there are Inbos and non Yoruba indigene in the Lagos State civil service
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Adebowale89(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense

I knew almost 5 Igbo in Lagos state civil service which I believe they are many.

someone like u is d reason why unity is impossible among the southerners. atleast appreciate Lagos for that, no south east states can tolerate another tribe to be employed in any of their civic service talkless of representing a constituency

eyin alaimore won won yii

8 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by IYANGBALI: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
OILSOUP:
LALASTICLALA FP MATERIAL
see as lala dey wait for those him go ban because of dis topic.

Walahi If you ban me I no go comot for here tongue

1 Like

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Allsouls: 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
villareal15:
Yeah Lagos is a liberal state.

Nice one Bode.

Lala, what do you think? wink

Liberal state indeed, when Oba of Lagos threaten Igbo's because of Ambode's election. Tell that to the gods.

1 Like

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by samsongbemisola(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
omoyowa:

Guy,,..you need to wake up..
D very day that afonjas will stand to claim Lagos,,that is d day you will know that Lagos is for all.....
Even if Igbo's forfeit Lagos,,the northerners will never and can never forfeit lagos...
they will rather fight to death than to forfeit Lagos,which may end up becoming another kwara state
Go and study the story of Afonja then you will understand how Kwara state is been owned by Yorubas and Fulani then you will know that Lagos is different
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Ugosample(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2016
obaloppelujo:
Anytime i am bored i log in to nairaland to laugh and see how people can be so funny and creative , i kept laughing at you wonderful people's post , i love every bit of it , sincerely , people are just here to catch fun and shouldnt hate an nairalander for any post or comment , they knew the facual but just wanna get a friend upset.....Lmaoooo , funny wonderful people .
If we cant laugh and forget our sorrowa HBP would have claimed maby lifes , but let me contrubute my quota maybe i could be scorn or scold too .....cant stop laughing.
Every state in nigeria belongs to everybody as long as you are law abiding but dosen't mean the indigene will be stripped of their indigeneship , also anybody can hold any political post in any state in nigeria , its a democratic right , not a privilege nor achievement . The only thing that will make you believe lagos,ogun,oyo and co are no more yoruba land is when buhari became ooni of ife , alaafin oyo , or when chinoso become oba ojora of lagos or oba of lagos .
Pilitical office does not take indigene away from their heritage , marwa have been a military gov in lagos , adekunle has been a militart gov in imo , navy taiwo has been a military gov in bayelsa.
Yoruba's are rare to see in non yoruba land to hold a political post because lagos is the second home for yoruba , so tell me where you want one who have lagos to if bot for something so prerequisite , others are willing to come , so wont it be funny to see a yoruba man leave lagos to survive in another state where more than half of the people are in lagos ?
Just as hausa's have kano , abuja and maybe plateau as their own london , yoruba's have lagos , ogun and maybe oyo . Niger delta has PH and i think Cross river as theirs .
God bless Nigeria ......Itesiwaju Eko.

Nice post...

But you forgot something.....

Igbos have Enugu, Onitsha, Aba (though the infrastructures there is not very tight)
All regions have thriving cities....
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by shamecurls(m): 8:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense

How many Yoruba's re in Anambra civil service

6 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
oloworulz:
ambode, u are totally wrong there. ****. I know u said that because of their votes, we did it in 2015 without their votes and you will do it without them again in 2019. I represent Lagos, Lagos island. isale eko. full breed .

At ur age u'r still posing in daddy's parlour! undecided
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by caracas: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
RockHard:

Lol. Dude calm the eff down. Come, what is with this igbo mas..sturbation over Lagos matter for goodness sakes?! Why are you taking Panadol for Yorubaland headache? At the rate you all scream about having the biggest deeks on the block, one would've expected you'd face your region and mind your fvcking bizness. But instead na envy, bigotry and rabid jealousy dey ooze from y'all against Lagos. Na wah o. Sofly sofly with the hatred abeg, e fit cause Cancer o.

Newsflash: Lagos has continued to progress and soar under Yoruba political leadership since the FG abandoned it as FCT close to 30-years ago, and it will only continue to do so by the special grace of God. No amount of bad-belle from jealous and envious lowlifes will/can stop this moving train. You lots had better channel your energies toward developing your region like your leaders have been shouting lately, else na suicide fit be the end result of this una hatred and envy. Smh.
Yes u are right to say some igbos are clamouring for igbos to return home n develope their homeland.
Meaning the igbos developed Lagos
For ur info Lagos is still bin developed by the fg or What ,pray tell do they do with the allocations from the fg,If not for development .
I dont know it pains u yorubas So much to hear that igbos developed Lagos,even when ur leaders admit it.
Can any yoruba tell me the area of Lagos that the yorubas developed?cos i can list many areas in Lagos are that was n is still bin developed by the igbos.
Whether u guies like it or not ,the igbos n the fg played the biggest role in the development of our beloved Lagos state

3 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Some people are ranting about the Emir's statement. Well, the difference is that the Hausas know their place in another man's land. Go and watch the documentary 'true history of Nigeria' and see what Ahmadu Bello said concerning the Igbos which is still showing in their behavior today. You don't see Hausas migrating to the West or East and openly challenging the existing cultures and practices of people there, Neither do you see Yorubas doing such. Note that I'm not talking of all Igbos, but the majority who gave them this negative stereotype. As a Lagos Indigene, it irritates me to the core, when I hear people opening their dirty mouths to say that the land of my forefathers which I have been able to identify so far, up to the 11th generation, is 'no man's land'. It is that attitude that makes us cautious of you people.
On a normal day, there's nothing wrong with Ambode's statement, saying there is no religious or tribal discrimination, which should be promoted in a 'modern' society. But when some unscrupulous elements try to rubbish another man's heritage because they feel they have the right to do as they like, we have problems.
Calabar was the capital of the southern protectorate of Nigeria, why don't you see us calling it no man's land? We respect your heritage and we are asking that you do the same. Its as simple as that. You cannot come with an imperialist mindset while settling in another man's land, if you take advantage of our hospitality then you'll meet your waterloo when push comes to shove.

7 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by OkoYibo: 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
Keneking:

Nonsense

Keep jumping from one thread to another, asking foolish questions while your mediocre Governors leave no legacies for forthcoming generations.

2 Likes

Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by mailmitch(m): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
Make I ear say there is no tribalis in Lagos. Tribalism for lag no b joke o. So d governor shuld tell us smethng else abeg
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
MyGeneration:

What is wrong with you people, am igbo but i hv to confess most you guys have this annoying behaviour and bad attitude to things.
You people dont just know how to talk, if there are igbos in Lagos civil service you are giving ambode a big reason to sack them, while if there arent igbos as you say in the civil service you are also giving him more reasons not to employ them.
Ambode and yorubas please its not all igbos that are like this, if other igbo states behave anyhow Imo state people do not.

Nwokem jee nolu ani. Why are you so scared?
If Ambode should sack or stop employing Igbos because of what somebody wrote on Nairaland, then he is not a leader and shouldn't occupy that seat.

I'm certain lots of people both yorubas and Igbos who post provocative comments here do not live in Lagos.

So nobody should criticise his fat cheek lest he disengages Igbos from their civil service jobs? Nonsense.

Ambode, if you are reading this, gbosaa says...'Your fat tummy there'.
Re: No Tribal Or Religious Discrimination In Lagos - Ambode by checkolatunji: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
post=50780966:

grin grin exactly that what they fail to understand, Igbo worry less about Lagos, if not majority of Igbos won't be asking for sepration, they know their real enemies, just that they are scared to confront them, they throw jabs at us because majority us are christains and not radicals, imagine if it was Igbo governor that came to Lagos and free Igbo
Prisoners after killing their people and order Ambode not to relocate mile 12? or Igbo king that make the comment Emir of Kano made concerning how important Lagos is to them? They would've used available media orgnisations and start ranting rubbish which they score %100, that's their strenght, just go through the content of his speech, he was addressing muslim faithfuls probably from north they shift their blame to Igbos as usual, same set of people play tricks, propaganda for Igbos to denounce Biafra and embrace one Nigeria, very confused set of people

Did you really said that?

I bet you don't know anything about Igbos in Gidi. Do your findings and come back to apologise for that comment.

Ngwa go now

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"APC Akida" Group Emerges In Kaduna / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi / Blame PDP, Private Sector For Job Losses Not Buhari — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.