Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You (47815 Views)

Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You / 10 Awsome Uses Of OTG Cables With Pictures - No. 3 & 5 Will Amaze You / Top 10 Facts About Google (no 5 Will Shock You) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Generalyemi(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2016
Op .so those that go to bet shops are street urchins....stupid people always posting trash on net ....I don't fuc*$kin know ,but I know u are stu #$$#
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Padipadi(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
those yeye celebrities & their wannabies won't hear dz
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Stanleywaxy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
Benita27:
Lol.
When they see educating articles on facebook they flee...i understand. grin
cheesy they see those ones as a waste of data.
So many ignorant lads on the social media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
these donts should also be applied to those who gullibly share the history of their ancestors on nairaland diaries. hope u know whatever u mistakenly post and then delete or modify on nairaland cannot be erased from google search. oyo is ur case if what u posted one day comes back to bite u in the a$$.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by safarigirl(f): 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ajusshi:
Not everyone is an Olosho that hides their relationship....
lol...na olosho dey spread relationship pass sef.

Guilty conscience dey worry this one, social media relationship doesn't last. Na small children dey post their mumu love story on net. You must be in your eqrly 20's
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by safarigirl(f): 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Benita27:
I don't need to know them personally to know they're fake...just as watching "keeping up with the Kardashians", i could easily tell they all have an alter ego.

so, how many diaries have you read to come to your conclusion?

If it's not up to ten, your comment is same as saying all black women are prostitutes or all Nigerian women are gold diggers

Making generalizations is bad, that's my point. You could be a victim one day

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by jojothaiv(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
In summary
"Anything personal shouldn't be made public on social media"
Hold on, i'm heading back home..
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by uvalued(m): 8:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Onyejemechimere:
Day by day people put themselves and their family members at Unnecessary risks Just by Carelessly Posting almost 70% of their life privacy , All in the name of showing of , Having Fun , Luxurious Life attitudes..etc

Not Only that its wrong, Some of your status get to fight you later in life, fake accounts are also in abundance, which is why it is vital to keep the information you share to a minimum.

Not here to stop your from your steady and careless posting habits but please refrain from sharing the following

1) HOLIDAY PLANS

A lot of peeps are guilty of this ,some even go to the extent of even telling you who and who in the family are going and who is staying, Informing the public that you are off to Ibadan for new yam festival and would be there for two weeks might also end in dire consequences. as you could be alerting robbers and bad people of the situation at hand. you could post whatever you wanna post on social media especially Facebook, but when it comes to the holiday/vacation/traveling aspect , Just refrain from sharing.

2) WINNING TICKETS

where are my betting and gambling peeps ,Them who cant do without going to Nairabet ,those streets urchins who cant sleep unless their legs greets the floor of the betting houses.. you see guys on Facebook with status like “Guess What i just grabbed 750k from bet9ja, they must surely pay, on my way to the bank with them” ,Well my question to you guys is, “How would you feel after winning your game and then get kidnapped,or on getting home your debtors are already sitting and waiting at home , its not going to end well.
you can as well prevent this by not posting your winning tickets on social media better to keep this to thyself.

3) HOME ADDRESS/CURRENT LOCATION

Most people give out their home address location more than you think , its not as dangerous as posting about your holiday plans but can be used against you. lets say “you get someone angry on Facebook, and maybe forget about it but the person doesn’t , He seeks for retaliation and he seems not to be getting any, and then you post your home address on your status innocently, see you in the hospital if lucky.
current location is as dangerous as getting a matchstick to the petrol station we all know what will happen when its lit , Never disclose where you are at the moment , There are a lot of Risks associated to it which you know and don’t need me to tell you about.

4) BANK DETAILS

Posting details about you Bank account on social networks has no much risks associated to it , But i would advise that you don’t post your bank details publicly on social media. There is no need for it. Anyone who wishes to send money to you should message you privately, Hackers are everywhere and just need a little detail from you and your money is a thing of the past.

5) YOUR RELATIONSHIP / RELATIONSHIP ISSUES

Almost everyone is a student of the above course , Social media has a hand in 48% of ruined relationship . Relationships that have been taking to the social networks don’t last.
Social media is not a place for solving relationship issues Infact it does the opposite, and those who bring their relationship to social networks the networks looking at you like, “Welcome Chioma, so how do you want us to help you ruin your relationship” ??

6) LUXURIOUS LIVING

People who show off their wads of cash , Gold plated items, Mansions , Cars , Expensive cloths etc. on social media should reduce this character to its minimum or refrain totally from doing such. especially celebrities , we all have heard cases of people being held at gunpoint , robbed at home , etc. doing this does not tell people that you are wealthy its just going to give robbers a reason to…..

7) NUDE/EXPLICIT CONTENTS OF YOU

i don’t think any sane person as of this modern era will go on social media to post Their nudes (Naked pictures) , especially someone who wants to build a personality and be respected later in the future.
Even if you think your privacy is strong remember Facebook could be hacked and all those pictures could be leaked to people you don’t want it to be showed to – Your parents and colleagues as examples. i read a short joke on twitter that said ” All this girls posting there nudes online, i hope you know explaining to your parents that your bride price is no more than a bottle of soft drink wont be hard”

8 ) FAMILY ISSUES

Still using this to elaborate more on family privacy as some of it has been said in No 1 . anything family should stay family and has nothing to do with social media. If Your Family plans to buy the university of Nigeria , Good. when you people do that everybody will then know , but posting it before its being bought has a lot of consequences and security risks. some people put their parents at risk on social media without them knowing , Some even go o the extent of dropping their parents location ,“My mum just left for work” ,This does not make you any better instead makes your mum prone to danger..know this.

9) STATEMENTS THAT WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU LATER

I can recall this guy who wrote something about first bank in his second year at school , when he finally graduated 3 years later , he went for an interview and was disqualified because of it , after it was Dug up later.

Doing the Ebola outbreak , a single status from a lady about using salt to cure the dreading ailment, killed people and left the rest seriously unconscious,she was arrested later, the rest is history. The power of social media.

You should mind what you say on social media, they could fight you later. Always speak with caution, accuse with facts and update your status with correct information.

you don’t allow anything to happen to you before you learn from it.
A word is enough for the wise.
And even the wise don’t need a word.

http://otownloaded.com/9-things-you-should-never-share-on-social-media-no-5-will-shock-you/

thx
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by pansophist(m): 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
This one na common sense na, although I understand say you need tell some people.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
So on point
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
safarigirl:

If it's not up to ten, your comment is same as saying all black women are prostitutes or all Nigerian women are gold diggers

I must be very jobless to go reading up to 10 documented lives on nairaland. grin

I get your point madam and hope you got mine?.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by MrHenshaw: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2016
Onyejemechimere:
Day by day people put themselves and their family members at Unnecessary risks Just by Carelessly Posting almost 70% of their life privacy , All in the name of showing of , Having Fun , Luxurious Life attitudes..etc

Not Only that its wrong, Some of your status get to fight you later in life, fake accounts are also in abundance, which is why it is vital to keep the information you share to a minimum.

Not here to stop your from your steady and careless posting habits but please refrain from sharing the following

1) HOLIDAY PLANS

A lot of peeps are guilty of this ,some even go to the extent of even telling you who and who in the family are going and who is staying, Informing the public that you are off to Ibadan for new yam festival and would be there for two weeks might also end in dire consequences. as you could be alerting robbers and bad people of the situation at hand. you could post whatever you wanna post on social media especially Facebook, but when it comes to the holiday/vacation/traveling aspect , Just refrain from sharing.

2) WINNING TICKETS

where are my betting and gambling peeps ,Them who cant do without going to Nairabet ,those streets urchins who cant sleep unless their legs greets the floor of the betting houses.. you see guys on Facebook with status like “Guess What i just grabbed 750k from bet9ja, they must surely pay, on my way to the bank with them” ,Well my question to you guys is, “How would you feel after winning your game and then get kidnapped,or on getting home your debtors are already sitting and waiting at home , its not going to end well.
you can as well prevent this by not posting your winning tickets on social media better to keep this to thyself.

3) HOME ADDRESS/CURRENT LOCATION

Most people give out their home address location more than you think , its not as dangerous as posting about your holiday plans but can be used against you. lets say “you get someone angry on Facebook, and maybe forget about it but the person doesn’t , He seeks for retaliation and he seems not to be getting any, and then you post your home address on your status innocently, see you in the hospital if lucky.
current location is as dangerous as getting a matchstick to the petrol station we all know what will happen when its lit , Never disclose where you are at the moment , There are a lot of Risks associated to it which you know and don’t need me to tell you about.

4) BANK DETAILS

Posting details about you Bank account on social networks has no much risks associated to it , But i would advise that you don’t post your bank details publicly on social media. There is no need for it. Anyone who wishes to send money to you should message you privately, Hackers are everywhere and just need a little detail from you and your money is a thing of the past.

5) YOUR RELATIONSHIP / RELATIONSHIP ISSUES

Almost everyone is a student of the above course , Social media has a hand in 48% of ruined relationship . Relationships that have been taking to the social networks don’t last.
Social media is not a place for solving relationship issues Infact it does the opposite, and those who bring their relationship to social networks the networks looking at you like, “Welcome Chioma, so how do you want us to help you ruin your relationship” ??

6) LUXURIOUS LIVING

People who show off their wads of cash , Gold plated items, Mansions , Cars , Expensive cloths etc. on social media should reduce this character to its minimum or refrain totally from doing such. especially celebrities , we all have heard cases of people being held at gunpoint , robbed at home , etc. doing this does not tell people that you are wealthy its just going to give robbers a reason to…..

7) NUDE/EXPLICIT CONTENTS OF YOU

i don’t think any sane person as of this modern era will go on social media to post Their nudes (Naked pictures) , especially someone who wants to build a personality and be respected later in the future.
Even if you think your privacy is strong remember Facebook could be hacked and all those pictures could be leaked to people you don’t want it to be showed to – Your parents and colleagues as examples. i read a short joke on twitter that said ” All this girls posting there nudes online, i hope you know explaining to your parents that your bride price is no more than a bottle of soft drink wont be hard”

8 ) FAMILY ISSUES

Still using this to elaborate more on family privacy as some of it has been said in No 1 . anything family should stay family and has nothing to do with social media. If Your Family plans to buy the university of Nigeria , Good. when you people do that everybody will then know , but posting it before its being bought has a lot of consequences and security risks. some people put their parents at risk on social media without them knowing , Some even go o the extent of dropping their parents location ,“My mum just left for work” ,This does not make you any better instead makes your mum prone to danger..know this.

9) STATEMENTS THAT WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU LATER

I can recall this guy who wrote something about first bank in his second year at school , when he finally graduated 3 years later , he went for an interview and was disqualified because of it , after it was Dug up later.

Doing the Ebola outbreak , a single status from a lady about using salt to cure the dreading ailment, killed people and left the rest seriously unconscious,she was arrested later, the rest is history. The power of social media.

You should mind what you say on social media, they could fight you later. Always speak with caution, accuse with facts and update your status with correct information.

you don’t allow anything to happen to you before you learn from it.
A word is enough for the wise.
And even the wise don’t need a word.

http://otownloaded.com/9-things-you-should-never-share-on-social-media-no-5-will-shock-you/

No need to say 9things because you've mentioned everything.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by murphyibiam15(m): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
Benita27:
I must be very jobless to go reading up to 10 documented lives on nairaland. grin

I get your point madam and hope you got mine?.
You are very mature....upon that safarigirl provocation yet u didn't insult her....Honestly I like your type....u are Bae
If I had your number i would have just recharged for u even if u are a billoniare

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
murphyibiam15:

You are very mature....upon that safarigirl provocation yet u didn't insult her....Honestly I like your type....u are Bae
If I had your number i would have just recharged for u even if u are a billionaire
Thanks for the compliment. cheesy
But, i'm not a billionaire o!, still a thousandnaire...check that word up @ your peril.
Lol. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
Jh0wsef:
your racist behavior / attitudes angry

Guy U are the funniest
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by chronique(m): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
We learn everyday. Each and everyone of us must have made the social media error,at some point in time. I hardly post on facebook or twitter but used to be very active on both platforms,when I was still very much into showbiz and entertainment as a biz. Always wanted to share what was going on in the studio,and stuffs like that. The fact that most of my facebook friends were showbiz personalities and media people,didn't help matters cos almost everyone was doing. The same thing. Sometimes,you get used to the hype and all that,and wouldn't know when you start posting private issues. For some people,posting on social media certain issues,helps them get shitty things off their minds. Some people like to put their thoughts in writing and share with people... At the end of the day,whatever it is thatmakes us post on social media our private lives,should be really looked into and personal details should be totally screened. Post only what is necessary. I'm seeing things on this thread that I never thought about before,and learning from them and would definitely make some corrections.

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ajusshi: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2016
safarigirl:
lol...na olosho dey spread relationship pass sef.

Guilty conscience dey worry this one, social media relationship doesn't last. Na small children dey post their mumu love story on net. You must be in your eqrly 20's
I may be young, but i know how it feels to in love and to be loved. Obviously, you have never had that experience else you would have known that their is no fear or shame in perfect love. So Oldie, if you are afraid of telling your love story or fearful of having it called a mumu love, then you have never loved... Since you lacked the capacity to love, it's impossible for you to find love cause it's beyond the reach of your petty little soul. Quite a sad life to live. I pray you find your deliverance soon. Can i hear you say amen?
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by markbenny(m): 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
A good reason why I cannot ever in my life join LinkedIn. You Ave to tell the story off ur life to the world
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by sirfee(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
Many people are guilty of this.It's very bad
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by markbenny(m): 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
Forgive my intrusion

I beg to dispute, no love is perfect, in fact, no man or woman is worth the troubles, till the wedding date has been fixed

Ajusshi:
I may be young, but i know how it feels to in love and to be loved. Obviously, you have never had that experience else you would have known that their is no fear or shame in perfect love. So Oldie, if you are afraid of telling your love story or fearful of having it called a mumu love, then you have never loved... Since you lacked the capacity to love, it's impossible for you to find love cause it's beyond the reach of your petty little soul. Quite a sad life to live. I pray you find your deliverance soon. Can i hear you say amen?

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by buffalowings: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
It can be distressing scrolling my facebook page sometimes

Yet I couldn't bring myself to deactivate it

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ajusshi: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
safarigirl:

Making generalisation is bad yet you quoted me and said social media relationship don't last.. Hehehe! You see your life na?.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by ColourMeAmazing: 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Are you serious?

Certainly grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by buffalowings: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
I think I'll need to dedicate one day to delete all the trash I've posted on fb
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ajusshi: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
markbenny:
Forgive my intrusion

I beg to dispute, no love is perfect, in fact, no man or woman is worth the troubles, till the wedding date has been fixed

You are welcome bro. I would like to ask..... What happens after the wedding? They would suddenly be worth the trouble?.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by buffalowings: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Op you didn't mention guys that open account here with their real names

Been able to see some on fb grin angry

Chai I need to Change my nl mail to disposable one
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by markbenny(m): 10:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
They always come n go, especially wen wat they came for is no longer available.

After the wedding, you know it is for beta for worse

That is why I will advise you marry your friend and not your lover, what happens when the love fades!? You can always find fun with a friend, but neva with someone whho was only an emotional attachment and now d emotions are void.

Ajusshi:
You are welcome bro. I would like to ask..... What happens after the wedding? They would suddenly be worth the trouble?.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by basadenet: 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
But some do share nearly all of those things mentioned here daily and taught it was part of life.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Saint52(m): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
The only place i socialized with people on the internet is Nairaland,,,,,,, i see no reason for any social media, if you want to save your pics go and buy FLASH DRIVE.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Ajusshi: 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
markbenny:
They always come n go, especially wen wat they came for is no longer available.

After the wedding, you know it is for beta for worse

That is why I will advise you marry your friend and not your lover, what happens when the love fades!? You can always find fun with a friend, but neva with someone whho was only an emotional attachment and now d emotions are void.

You right to some extent. I'm wary of people who say they are searching for love or a lover. My believe is that love grows with time. And a true lover will be a true friend. As for marrying a friend, i agree with that but knowing that even a friend can betray you, i will add that the friend must be someone who is a true Xtian and has the fear of God so if love and friendship fails, the fear of God will be an additional security layer. Lastly, since nothing is permanent, hope for the best and prepar for the worst. So i love with all my being while it lasts, if it's gone 2mro, i move on with all my being. Fortunately, lasting for ever. Lolz!
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Brightgem(f): 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
markbenny:
A good reason why I cannot ever in my life join LinkedIn. You Ave to tell the story off ur life to the world
Linked in ke. That's jst a profession related site na. Well ur choice.
Re: 9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You by Brightgem(f): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
Ajusshi:
You right to some extent. I'm wary of people who say they are searching for love or a lover. My believe is that love grows with time. And a true lover will be a true friend. As for marrying a friend, i agree with that but knowing that even a friend can betray you, i will add that the friend must be someone who is a true Xtian and has the fear of God so if love and friendship fails, the fear of God will be an additional security layer. Lastly, since nothing is permanent, hope for the best and prepar for the worst. So i love with all my being while it lasts, if it's gone 2mro, i move on with all my being. Fortunately, lasting for ever. Lolz!
Though I no be Christian, but all u said hit the bull's eye. A person whose heart is attached to God is conscientious, anyone can betray another true, sad part is when u happen to have loved with all your being and you get handed ur heart back it breaks u even if jst in some subtle ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Data Plans For Different Network Providers / Instagram, Facebook, Whatsapp Down. Stay At Home Tonight For Security Reasons. / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.