Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea (1811 Views)

Inconclusive Polls: How INEC Broke The Jinx In Edo & Ondo / Why PDP Lost Edo, Ondo And May Lose Future Elections - Ali Sheriff Faction / Court To INEC: Recognize Sheriff's Candidates In Edo, Ondo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
In 1977, the Obasanjo administration set up the Justice Mamman Nasir Boundary Commission and, following its report, the boundaries of some states were changed. Part of Western Ijaw went to Rivers State, part of Bendel went to Ondo; part of Rivers went to Cross Rivers and part of Imo went to Rivers.
Because of this, some oil wells changed hands. There was an oil well in Rivers very close to Imo and I was asked to demarcate where the oil well was actually located. After the exercise, it was found that the oil well was in Rivers.
Moreover, because parts of Bendel had gone to Ondo, there were five oil wells very close to the boundary. Initially, the Ondo people wanted the royalty to be shared 50-50 because they were very close to the boundary between both states.
In 1981, a Yoruba man (Adebekun), who was Director of Survey, wrote to the Ministry of Finance on the issue and, after charting, it was found that the oil wells were in Bendel State.
Another Yoruba man wrote to the Ministry of Finance that the Yoruba would not take this. He went to Lagos, met with the Director of Survey and reported that a Benin man was behind the charting. Then my Director said no, he charted it. In 1984, Bamidele Otiko became the military governor of Ondo State and came to Lagos to meet my Director. At the meeting, my Director told Otiko he was responsible for the charting.
When Chief Olu – Falae became the Secretary to the Federal Government, he directed me to write a letter that pending the resolution of the Ondo – Bendel boundary adjustment issue, they should be sharing the royalty 50 – 50. I declined to write the letter.
They then posted one Ondo man to be the permanent secretary. He was reported to have said he was posted there to do their bidding and they would call him an outcast if he did not. After reading the file, he said I should do something, on the issue and I said, ‘No, you are the permanent secretary, draft the letter and sign it.
He refused. The then Minister of Works, Alhaji Abubakar Umar, was a witness to all these. Later some people did a letter purportedly written by me. When Mamman Kantagora became the Works Minister, he told me that the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC) had retired me.
That was in 1988. The following week, the then Ondo governor (Bode George) called a press conference and told the media that I forged the map of Ondo – Bendel States to remove oil wells from Ondo to Bendel. The newspapers that published the story were successfully sued for libel and I made them all write apology letters.
Since I was retired, they have not carried out any survey on the Ondo – Bendel boundary issue.

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/11/omoigui-at-80-i-made-them-pay-for-claiming-i-removed-oil-wells-from-ondo-to-bendel/

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
more

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
please no insults

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Siberia101: 8:37pm On Nov 05, 2016
Just incase Japan and Singapore got no Oil cool

1 Like

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by explorer250(m): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
Siberia101:
Just incase Jap
an and Singapore got no Oil cool

what about the coastline? obasanjo and afonjas are thieves. thesame thing they did to Abia state

5 Likes

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Siberia101:
Just incase Japan and Singapore got no Oil cool

this is not about oil bro its about equity and justice. so because Japan is landlocked Edo state should also be?? and besides if Japan was in the same situation with Edo state right now I don't think they would fold their arms and let what rightfully belongs to them to be taken away like that .

Bros abeg look the map na, and tell me if you are Edo state and ur dads property was to be shared like this, will u accept it?

1 Like

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
Lalastclala Ishilove Ijebabe seun tosyne2much mynd44 McBrooklyn come and see this oh...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
livehd00011
Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
Go to court
Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Omololu007(m): 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
rubbish
Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by EternalTruths: 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
Afonjas and stealing are like.

Someone should add Zuma's pics for me joor grin

2 Likes

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by orimsamsam(m): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
Okay
Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by JingoOAU(m): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
The question I wanna ask is are there any Benin speaking tribe merged with Ondo State??

The said area with oil wells is being inhabited by the Ijaws, itshekiri and the ilajes...which means the land and the oil wells never belong nor fall to any bendel whatever...

3 Likes

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by leofab(f): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
Eye opener
Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by LoveDecay(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
I smell IPOB.....

Nnamdi Kanu 26yrs left

2 Likes

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by SlayerSupreme: 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
Thunder go fire this oil wey no allow people get sense.

2 Likes

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by olaitoro(m): 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
author=LoveDecay post=50799179]I smell IPOB.....
Nnamdi Kanu 26yrs left
you need brain transplant cum update.

is an advice.

1 Like

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by Slikbae: 12:33am On Nov 06, 2016
God bless the ND
Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by oduastates: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2016
Edo state has no access to the sea and has no sea tribe

3 Likes

Re: Edo, Ondo, Delta Boundry Is Wrongly Adjusted To The Sea by AshiwajuFoward: 10:09am On Nov 06, 2016
oduastates:
Edo state has no access to the sea and has no sea tribe

Uppercut Knockout! cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: The Pope Smacks Donald Trump On The Hand During Photo Session / Write A Sad Story In One Sentence / This Man Is The President Of Nigeria 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.