Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell (1236 Views)

BISHOP OYEDEPO: Is CAMA Policy Antichurch? / Joys Oyedepo Celebrates Her Birthday (Bishop David Oyedepo's Last Born) / Bishop David Oyedepo Is Not Greedy - He Helped My Family Twice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by Rayloverscrib: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2016
A man named Deji has been outspoken about the way Churches exploit their members. From offering, to building schools and how those schools cannot be attended by the children of the poor members who contributed in or the other to the establishment of those schools.

He recently published a long article on his Facebook and wishes that the article gets to the table of the Bishop.

There is a lot he talked about in the article. Read what he said below. It's complete lift from his Facebook wall.

David Oyedepo and God's Wrath

The recent utterances of the Bishop of the Living Faith Churches, David Oyedepo, where he invoked God's wrath on those who critique the high cost of education in faith based educational institutions, is yet another proof of the falsehood of the sort of churches the likes of Oyedepo lead and the need for those associated with them to change fellowship.

When I became a Christian in 1998, one thing I could never wrap my head around was the penchant for Pentecostal preachers to curse people. It was a tradition brought to our shores by the late Benson Idahosa and it has thrived since then. I think the practice is clearly unchristian whether one were to weigh it by the light of natural reason or New Testament biblical injunctions.

The practice of "cursing your enemies" by these preachers is taken from the Old Testament. Elijah called down fire on some soldiers and Elisha cursed some youths mocking him, that led to their being mulled by a bear. Simple biblical hermeneutics demand that these passages of the Old Testament be compared with the New, and Bible readers will find Christ dissociating himself from his disciples who sort to call down fire on a city. Or, the numerous New Testament injunctions to bless and never to curse. The tendency to curse people is both a betrayal of a true biblical knowledge by these men and a heart devoid of Christian charity.

Pentecostalism and the faith theology that Oyedepo teaches thrives on fear. The sort of fear that is preached is not necessarily a reverential fear of God but the fear of men - particularly the ministers. I sat before one of them recently and he told me of how God could kill me because of my unrelenting criticism of their religion. Fortunately I have long died to such baseless and empty threats.

So, David Oyedepo is hearing his critics; I hope my own views here will reach his table. Bishop, sir, the person who has God's wrath hanging on his head is not those who criticize you out of love but YOU. God is not pleased with a man who sells faith to people in exchange for money, thereby making you the richest pastor on earth today. God is not pleased with a man leading a "Christian" educational facility that is about the most expensive in the country, when only less than 50 years ago in this country religious institutions, built by orthodox denominations, where the source of qualitative education for Nigerians at little or no price. And God is not pleased with a man whose mouth is filled with curses. Scriptures says if a man shall see good days ahead he should desist from cursing.

And for all of you following David Oyedepo and his merchandizing sort of Christianity, repent! Our Lord is coming and his wrath will not only be known by the Balaams of our day but also by their devotees. The times are hard and Christians are not exempt from the difficult season. The only persons that have some immunity are the likes of Oyedepo and they have it because you folks continue to buy their lies. Work is what brings prosperity, not superstitious beliefs like positive confession and tithing.

Enough said for now.

PS.

The often repeated mantra by these churches that charge high fees for education is this "education is not cheap".

Less than two weeks ago, I began a Masters in Pastoral and Theological Studies with the Institute of Pastoral and Theological Training, Egbe, Kogi State. Fifteen of us were admitted into this institution and it is to run for three years - mostly via online correspondence. It will be costing thousands of US dollars for each of us to be trained.

The good news is that this training is costing us nothing financially because folks in small churches in the United States have paid for our education. All we are required to do is to face our studies, graduate and utilize the tools we have received from that training in our ministries. So though education is indeed expensive, people can pay for others to have quality education. And this is not just the business of government alone. This is what true faith based organization should be doing. This what the Catholics and Anglicans did in the years gone by.

Source: http://www.loverscrib.com/2016/11/leave-bishop-david-oyedepo-if-you-want.html?m=1

Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by stonemasonn: 10:58am On Nov 06, 2016
Abeg make una free this man Joor, if you don't like him stop yourself and your family from attending his church shikena.
Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by Rayloverscrib: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2016
stonemasonn:
Abeg make una free this man Joor, if you don't like him stop yourself and your family from attending his church shikena.

I taya ooo the man dey worry abeg.
Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by Heavance(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2016
This country is betraying Christianity....
Covenant University is not the highest in tuition, not as high as ABUad, AUN, NTNU etc, but I still support the issue of Church owned universities to seriously bring down their tuition.....
The way the western world practice it with their universities (even the Muslims) , will even make you love to be a christian/muslim..... that was the foundation they brought here, but somehow the Nigerian blood will change it

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by Rayloverscrib: 11:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Heavance:
This country is betraying Christianity....
Covenant University is not the highest in tuition, not as high as ABUad, AUN, NTNU etc, but I still support the issue of Church owned universities to seriously bring down their tuition.....
The way the western world practice it with their universities (even the Muslims) , will even make you love to be a christian/muslim..... that was the foundation they brought here, but somehow the Nigerian blood will change it

I can really relate with this opinion. Nigerian factor, Nigerian blood.
Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by ever811(m): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2016
I completely agree with this man especially the line that remind oyedepo about the early missionary schools and hospitals that where little or at no cost at all. this pastors has put me in difficult situation of my life...I used to love the church but now I hate church because of the attitude of this pastors. if you read the scriptures with the aim of spiritual growth and not materialisms you will hate the contemporary preachers to a fault.they preach and act directly opposite of the true gospel of Christ.. I hate there follower's more than them self's.they way they pottery this good for nothing pastors as gods..the creatures are today worship rather than the creator.. even with such truth this man has pointed out, watch his follower's find a way to defend oyedepo..but it will be more accommodating if oyedepo should come up with a defense against the cost of the early missionary schools to his greed inspired high cost of a school he built with the sweat of his poor members who's children can't come anywhere near the school gate.
Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by Rayloverscrib: 11:22am On Nov 06, 2016
ever811:
I completely agree with this man especially the line that remind oyedepo about the early missionary schools and hospitals that where little or at no cost at all. this pastors has put me in difficult situation of my life...I used to love the church but now I hate church because of the attitude of this pastors. if you read the scriptures with the aim of spiritual growth and not materialisms you will hate the contemporary preachers to a fault.they preach and act directly opposite of the true gospel of Christ.. I hate there follower's more than them self's.they way they pottery this good for nothing pastors as gods..the creatures are today worship rather than the creator.. even with such truth this man has pointed out, watch his follower's find a way to defend oyedepo..but it will be more accommodating if oyedepo should come up with a defense against the cost of the early missionary schools to his greed inspired high cost of a school he built with the sweat of his poor members who's children can't come anywhere near the school gate.

I feel your pain man. May God epp us.
Re: Shocking Revelation: Bishop David Oyedepo Is Taking People To Hell by orunto27: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2016
God authorizes and approves all Covenants and Agreements we all make every time. Even verbal and all Countenance Condescension, God is aware. And He judges humans on all these. Oyedepo is very much aware of these too.

(1) (Reply)

Queen Esther Finally Confess On Apostle Suleman Sex Scandal / “after Praying For Me, The Pastor Had Gay Sex With Me”|watch Nigerian LGBT Docum / Why Is So Much Honour Giving To Mary By Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.