Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,291 members, 7,839,437 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! (70271 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / "Witches & Wizards In Nigeria, Leave Me Alone": Lady Living In USA Publicly Begs / Re:Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So - Good Muyis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Dexema(m): 11:52am On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:

The existence of witchcraft won't necessarily prove the existence of God, you know.

How do you know where to meet them? Have you met them there before? Did they demonstrate their supernatural abilities to you during your visit? If so, please tell us the full story!
This just tells you no matter how much you paint a picture of the existence of witchcraft, Seun will only bring his own paint to distort the image, I suggest you carry your research out like a real research not some tales by moonlight meant to drill holes in other people's life experiences.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
When a man cannot explain a Mann event he is ismore inclined to tag it a Manns supernatural. But even the process of child birth and conceiving a child has its own physical process, hence, all things and events can be explained l, we don't have the capability ( just yet)to explain these events does not mean an event is out of this universe.. in the 1st centuries who would have thought man can fly from one continent to another?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by coldFLARES1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 16, 2016
LordGuru1:

Was it in Benin? Where did this happen? I urgently need the video for a project.
Sorry bro, I don't have the video. Wouldn't go near such scenes! As per the location? It's in an urhobo speaking area of Delta State.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dexema:

This just tells you no matter how much you paint a picture of the existence of witchcraft, Seun will only bring his own paint to distort the image, I suggest you carry your research out like a real research not some tales by moonlight meant to drill holes in other people's life experiences.

Do you believe the sun revolves around the earth? If you do, is it not because somebody has taken his lifetime to dedicate himself to the work of proving that the sun actually does exist and events have consistently shown that his theory is true? If you are going to bring an hypothesis to the table, do well and state your facts and allow events over time to show that your hypothesis is correct. That is how to be human and not talking gibberish..
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
coldFLARES1:
Two Sundays back, while on my way to church, I encountered a growing group of people watching and videoing a young lady perched on the roof of a furniture workshop, clad in only wrapper. she ran out of fuel on her return journey from the coven and had to do an emergency landing. Then again was the story of a young man that qualified as a lawyer but was totally messed up with a bewitched habit of drinking ogogoro. Heard the witch tied an imaginary 20 lits keg on his neck which he must consume daily to reach his threshold. That's how he became a drunk, sleeping in gutters after irresponsible drinking till he got delivered. The witch confessed and died and the guy has been reset to normal.

If you are African and is not assured of a fellowship with God, please change that view. Witches exists; they are grossly sadistic and gravely dangerous. They would mess you up for a long time, until help comes, if you wilfully or ignorantly go into battle with them.

Just cane your line bruv. Witchcraft is as real as day and night, in Africa.
Buncum!

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Maxvasia(m): 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
Chai....a lot of clownery here. Meanwhile, the witches and wizards are even here commenting alongside the very ppl saying they dnt exist. They are having a good day laughing hard at u ppl while sipping hot Lipton tea.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:
A witch or wizard is a person who has been granted supernatural powers by 'the devil' and uses them to perpetrate evil against other people.

I don't believe that 'the devil' exists. I don't believe that supernatural powers exist. Consequently, I don't believe witches could possibly exist.

When I read about women and children being beaten and killed for "witchcraft", I feel terrible because I know they're almost certainly innocent.

Do you disagree with me? If so, please share with me the evidence you've come across that has convinced you that witchcraft is real. Thanks.

Mr Seun,Witches and Wizards do exists.?.
If u can ask for Ayegbege's place at sango
Otta,when you get there,tell them you want to speak with baba and you will be amazed..tell them u are from Hunno Akeem.
Some gods do speak to people.. I still spoke to a god called Obaluaye on Sunday..
I would nt call my self a wizard,but i feel d presence of gods.
This is y i started practicising traditional relogion as against d muslim i was taught to be by my family.
All you need to know about spirituality is right there in Ogun state...u just need to open your eyes and see..
#TheOracleHasSpoken
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by TheAlchemist: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2016
Seun:

What's your strong belief in their existence made based on? Could it be based on powerful local movies that you watched as a very young child?

Seun why are you trying to form a Mark Zuckerberg in Africa.. Seun you can eat the hottest pepper soup and live to tell the tale, Mark Zuckerberg dare not, Africa is not America, different spiritual forces operate in different continents!

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
dreezybines:

Be deceiving your self there...

That reminds me of a quote "The Church is like a clinic some are responding to treatment while some aren't"...
That's exactly what's with your case... you aren't responding to treatment at all...

The Church is like a clinic but some are given the wrong treatment while some are given the right treatment..... That's why with my own case, I refuse to take the wrong treatment, I'm definitely not responding to the wrong treatment but the right treatment tongue
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by tingizzy(m): 12:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
A woman with beards is a witch #ourbelieve
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
Lennycool:
The fear of witchcraft is directly linked to the general education of the populous. The more educated the population of an area is the less witches they perceive and vice versa.
Africans think they are the ones that started witch hunting. But the truth is compared to the Europeans we were all learners, yes the white people once believed strongly in witchcraft. The Malleus Maleficarum translated as The hammer of witches is arguably the most damning text in all of literature. Written in 1486 by Catholic Inquisitors, it prescribed how to kill, torture and identify witches. And for almost 200 years it was the best selling book second only to the Bible. The book with sponsorship from the Pope killed tens of thousands of women accused of witchcraft.
But today people in Europe are smarter and no one talks of witches again. Why?
Education my friends is a mind opener.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
adetunjioludami:
pm me bro.. I need to give u something sir.. dope talk really dope... someone understands d spiritual alas.. I pity ignorant folks... generation of people with no understanding of dat d spiritual controls the physical in all things.

Why should I?
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
The Church is like a clinic but some are given the wrong treatment while some are given the right treatment..... That's why with my own case, I refuse to take the wrong treatment, I'm definitely not responding to the wrong treatment but the right treatment tongue

You have a lotta issues o.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
Everybody has issues grin
plavic:

You have a lotta issues o.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by sukkottt: 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
Olaone1:
Hahaha. How is south London treating ya? Don't forget rice and peas. Enjoy. smiley smiley wink
lolzzzz my brother Ola , all is well we thank YAH. trust all is going well with you wink grin wink

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by TheAlchemist: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
sukkottt:
of course witches and wizards exist. there are powers in the cosmos for anyone who has the incantations to access and invoke such powers. its like how there is solar energy in the atmosphere from the sun but you need solar panels to access and invoke it b4 it lights ya house up

brilliantly explained. I think Seun is just trolling!
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by sbenjy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2016
Maybe op is not a Nigerian. Try to go out at midnight by 1:00am and call out all the witches in your area that all of them are stupid and are idiots.
Dont forget to come back and tell us the result

2 Likes

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Everybody has issues grin
LOL. True but some have more issues than others. troublesome lady.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Dexema(m): 1:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
evsonlive:

Do you believe the sun revolves around the earth? If you do, is it not because somebody has taken his lifetime to dedicate himself to the work of proving that the sun actually does exist and events have consistently shown that his theory is true? If you are going to bring an hypothesis to the table, do well and state your facts and allow events over time to show that your hypothesis is correct. That is how to be human and not talking gibberish..
And is this how to go about a research? Attempting to Disprove peoples experiences without due investigation? I suggest you stick to your lane and learn to address people rather than open your mouth and spill whatever comes out of it.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by urheme: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
[quote author=Seun post=50815070]A witch or wizard is a person who has been granted supernatural powers by 'the devil' and uses them to perpetrate evil against other people.

I don't believe that 'the devil' exists. I don't believe that supernatural powers exist. Consequently, I don't believe witches could possibly exist.

When I read about women and children being beaten and killed for "witchcraft", I feel terrible because I know they're almost certainly innocent.

Do you disagree with me? If so, please share with me the evidence you've come across that has convinced you that witchcraft is real. Thanks.[/quote

Daniel
2 vs 2 and 27
5 vs 11-12
Daniel was made chief and supervisor of principalities of his time
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by deriod(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2016
puresaint12:
Which evidence? He has given you a precise location,You claim you are learned and open-minded,Why not go check it out yourself? At least that's what intelligent,Inquisitive people do!! Or are you a coward?
He is coward ,its easier for me to believe in spirituality than trying hard to proof rubbish,
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2016
cheesy True smiley

Why are most people saying I'm troublesome or stubborn

Bet I'm not stubborn sad cry
plavic:

LOL. True but some have more issues than others. troublesome lady.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dexema:

And is this how to go about a research? Attempting to Disprove peoples experiences without due investigation? I suggest you stick to your lane and learn to address people rather than open your mouth and spill whatever comes out of it.
Whatever rocks your boat dude!
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by MWorkers(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
"No Witches, No Angels" is one of the last two books written by Dr. Tai Solarin in 1994. Its ebook version is available on TaiSolarin.Org and TaiSolarinBlog.com.
I once did an existential research on the 4M's of Magic, Miracles, Mystery & Mysticism.
It's a cross between spirituality and spiritism with reference to Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and superstitious beliefs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by habsydiamond(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
nkpommpko:
I don't understand this kind of thought process, how can you go around slapping old persons in your village without any provocation just to prove wizards exist? You don't even reason like a 10year old. Their grand children will arrest you and jail you and you will blame the devil. Kai! The level of intelligence on this thread is alarming, I blame it on the poor educational system in this country, and come to think of it, some are even graduates looking for jobs.
. U must be a prophet ooo.

1 Like

Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Gift101(m): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
gaburiel:
As far as I am concerned, witches and wizard is the adult ojuju version. Imagine say all the witches and wizards dey always be poor men and women for village when they can just fly enter Central Bank or Zenith Bank and park enough money. Just as ojuju is used to scare children, witches and wizards are used to scare adults. Simple and Short.

Witches and wizards deals with the spiritual level. They can take money from the bank spiritually, then it'll manifest physically when the bankers will find out that their money is no longer in the safe or some notorious robbers will come and rob the bank.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by JoeBlocks(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raine80:
We fear what we do not understand , and others manipulate what we fear to cause us to have even more fear. We can argue from a Christian perspective but that is only a mere point of view, There are many societies and cultures that are none Christian , do not believe in witches or wizards and they survive and thrive how is that possible?
Just because you don't believe something doesn't exist doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by uniqueogo(f): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
superjaks:
I will start to believe in witchcraftery the day i see will see one myself. ....but i do believe in magics

u might not live to tell the story after seeing with your eyes....
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
cheesy True smiley
Why are most people saying I'm troublesome or stubborn
Bet I'm not stubborn sad cry
LOL. That's because we've encountered you several times here.
So lady, go and be stubborn no more.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thank you my Lord! cheesy grin
plavic:

LOL. That's because we've encountered you several times here.

So lady, go and be stubborn no more.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
JoeBlocks:
Just because you don't believe something doesn't exist doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Just because you believe something exists it does not mean it does exists.
Re: Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So! by Nemesis99(m): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I don't believe in witches and wizards either undecided
They only exist in Harry potter grin

I personally don't believe the devil exist
I don't believe heaven and hell exist either
The only place heaven and hell exist is here on earth tongue

yes witches and wizards only exists in Harry Potter but here in naija there are WINCHES (those ones wey dey share meet for meeting)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Temiloluwa Adeboye Celebrates Her Birthday (Photo) / Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘ / SCOAN: Evelyn Joshua Emerges As Successor Of TB Joshua - African News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.