Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) (431 Views)

Efforts To Introduce The Informal Sector To The Contributory Pension Scheme / Youths In Anambra Kill Cow And Enjoyed Nsala Day After Boycotting Election / Onyeme Urges Informal Sector To Pay Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) by AnambraDota: 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
I have been to more than 13 states in Nigeria (not on transit) mostly Southern States. As a traveler, an anthropologist, a socio-political commentator and I love Geography, Sports and History.

There is one thing that bug me.

In state your residing in, in the neighbourhood you live in what economic value do youths from other parts of Nigeria add to it.

Northern Youths.
We all know we buy most of our foodstuffs from the guy we call aaboki on the streets, they sell it on the wheelbarrows, hawk it on trays and bags.
These aabokis mend our shoes, they sell the livestocks, the dig the wells, fetch the water, cut the woods.
They aswell dominate the jewelry businness, dominate the bureau de change, dominate Okada riding.
I think their contribution to the informal sector of the economy should be rated 30% considering other areas they venture I won't be able to list here.
Verdict - Northern Youths dominate food and agro-allied businesses as well as manual laborers.

Eastern Youths.
Check the shop down the street and tell me who own them, check the biggest markets in Nigeria and tell me who dominate them.
If Igbo Youths that are into buying and selling and other form of businesses should be listed here, let's do the maths.
Check who made your phones, electronics, and electrical products possible.
Think of those guys that sell the building materials, dominate the transport sector, dominate the footwears, dominate jeans and other apparels.
Those that dominate the pharmaceutical business, those that dominate aluminum business, fairly used cloths, those that dominate household products and industrial fittings in Nigeria.
Having traveled wide I see how Igbo youths dominate retail business in Nigeria, I will say their contribution to the Nigeria economy (informal sector) should be 67%

Verdict - Igbo Youths dominate importation, retail, households items, building materials, transportation and others.

Now the one million dollar question begging for an answer is "where do we see our Yoruba Youths?"

How many Yoruba businesses do you have in your neighbourhood ?

How many Yoruba labourer have you hired in your life?

NB: No Tribalism
Re: Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) by Respect55(m): 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
U r on point op. I wonder wat dey do outside yahoo yahoo, ritualism and robbery.
Re: Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) by AnambraDota: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
Respect55:
U r on point op. I wonder wat dey do outside yahoo yahoo, ritualism and robbery.

I used to think it wasn't laziness but conservative.

They really have big problem.
Re: Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) by Eastactivist: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
in this case we have parasitism.

Isn't it titillating that in world ecology there are always parasites. Animals that live off each other

So is normal. BC truly I don't know what Yoruba business is or what they are known for in terms of oru aka.

This is truly a million dollar question that demands an answer or are they just major ethnicity living as parasites destroying our economy?

Re: Salient Question ( Regional Youths In The Informal Sector) by Respect55(m): 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
AnambraDota:

I used to think it wasn't laziness but conservative.

They really have big problem.
very big problem. An average youth in the south patronesses babalawo

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Dasuki Was A Voice For Peace – Buhari / Corp member Gets Automatic Employment For Riding Bicycle From Oyo To Makurdi / Dr Kalu Idika Kalu Endorses Orji Uzo Kalu Joining Of APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.