Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight (72255 Views)

Some Diets Pregnant Women Should Avoid / Top 10 Foods You Should Avoid During Weight Loss / Foods That You Must Avoid If You Have High Blood Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by dayotheone(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2016
but i don't think.. slim people are concern about this issue?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Opistorincos(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2016
grin
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by demolinka(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2016
@Op, FG don declare Nationwide fast? I no just understand this list

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by deebsman1(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2016
Educative. OP i will even like you to do a more detailed "Nigerianized" write-up on this topic. Thx

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Emmenyk(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2016
sadKuku kill me nau

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Senorprinz(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2016
so some people still get weight to lose for this recession.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Donlamzy(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2016
U beta kukuma tell us not to eat again, for this period make I avoid Garri/EBA?? #Ifayear...
SKIBO wait, are you kidding me??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 07, 2016
cheesy
emerged01:
Kuku tell the person make e no chop
cheesy
emerged01:
Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 07, 2016
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by nalizzzy: 11:14am On Nov 07, 2016
jollof rice is my best

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Vince77(m): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
U be betapikin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Innocentchris: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
Kuku tell me make i no eat b dat na.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
seriously So noodles contains that much calories and ive been dullin?. Me wey dey try add weight before, na to dey chop indomie everyday remain now ooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by abimbawealth(f): 11:15am On Nov 07, 2016
You for kukuma say make we no dey chop again na...abi werin remain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Vince77(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2016
deebsman1:

Chisom460:

Booking space on second page?

I fear NLders

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by amnesty7: 11:17am On Nov 07, 2016
emerged01:
Exactly! Oyinbo by force !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by zubycharles(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2016
and I should avoid all dz sweet bcoz of 1 rubbish calories.... me dat don't even have big body. ..calories ko.....
.canivores. nii

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by emerged01(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin
Nigerians cha grin grin grin
Bad mouth grin

grin no mind the guy. After getting something to eat for this recession, him con say make I work the food out of Belle again to loose weight when me dey pray make the food no dey quick digest to cut costs on foodstuff in this recession.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by OlaSpeaker(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2016
Crazy world if i forfeit all this palatable foods what will i eat even Rice!! haba!!! yes they may contain calories but they keep us alive so thanks Op we ain't gonna stay away

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by SuPeRq(f): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2016
I hear you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by seunny4lif(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2016
Lagos traffic na real Fitness grin grin gringrin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
emerged01:

grin no mind guy. After getting something to eat for this recession, him con say make I work the food out of Belle again to loose weight when me dey pray make the food no dey quick digest to cut costs on foodstuff in this recession.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by NevetsIbot(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2016
jidxin:
mtchewwe lubbish..... nd im not fat....I eat excess of all dz ...mountain of eba pounded yam wheat ..plantain nd what ve u.... nd yet still not fat .im just 75kg ...so wat re we saying
let op just say we shouldnt eat anymore. I can ditch the rest but pounded yam nd ugwu/egusi soup.. I no fit leave them at all... Na die if i do

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Ogbona: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2016
Kai... see food

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by bluejean(f): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2016
emerged01:

U speak d mind of many. Evrythn listed z practically wat an average Nigerian eats
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by doubleportion: 11:25am On Nov 07, 2016
Thank God! Amala was not included, it could be use as a subtitle.
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by loosecanon50(m): 11:26am On Nov 07, 2016
see this guy....you for kuku just say make we dey drink only water

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by ShaqFu: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2016
Story story. All the best meal are what one shouldn't eat just because one wants to loose weight. Wow!.
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Sanchase: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2016
Doctors recommend 2500 calories per day for men.

The ideal recommendation is eat right, lots of vegetables and lots of water.

A friend of mine consume 7000 calories a day yet he maintains an average weight of 88Kg every month and very healthy. You could wonder how this is possible, well he eat according to the job demand. He is a professional Athlete who spends 4 hours a day in the swimming pool.

So its best to eat according to work demand, always balance input = output.

If your job required being static on a chair then maintain 2500 calories a day.
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by garlicrey(m): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2016
You for just say make we no chop again sad sad
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2016
jideniceguy:
seriously So noodles contains that much calories and ive been dullin?. Me wey dey try add weight before, na to dey chop indomie everyday remain now ooo.
lool inasmuch as noodles are very high in calories, op lied by saying it contains about 600claories per pack, that's a lie, its about 300kcal. if you get a noodles pack look at the back you will see it there.
however, don't eat indomiea in quantities because you want to get fat, why you may ask? noodles are very high in sodium and run risk of kidney failure.
if you ever looked at the content of a noodles pack, you will find out that 1 pack of noodles will meet about 60% of your daily requirrment of sodium consumption.
it's not just about beating food high in calories, but eating food that have good calories like banana. eating a bunch of banana is very very high in calories
Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by 9jaBloke: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2016
Coldfeet:
cry op you wicked o! Wetin make person chop nah? Grass and water? Abeg allow me chop my swallow in peace...
Just negodu all the sumptuous meals this op want person to avoid just because of figure? angry

Moderation should be the watch word not outright cutting off.

Babe wetin na. Dem send u? You just made me lose interest in my brunch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Foods You Should Avoid If You Are Planning To Lose Weight by Haboseyday(f): 11:29am On Nov 07, 2016
betapikin:
CALORIES
Today our topic will be based on calories people tends to believe that eating fatty foods is what actually make them fat but in essence it was intake of too much calories.

What is calorie
A calories is a particular unit of energy that we use to measure energy content in our food and beverage.
People that want to lose weight are advise to eat less calories that their body will burn each day. If a food was giving to you and the person said it contain 150 calories what the person is telling you is that your body could get energy that is up to 150 from taking that food. calories is good for our body because our body needs energy to keep us going.
However eating too much calories without any active body exercise will leads to excess fat in the body.

HOW MANY CALORIES SHOULD I EAT DAILY TO KEEP FIT
Here is a brief explanation on numbers of calories you should eat per day in other to keep fit. It has been discovered in a recent research that a woman will need to eat approximately 2000 calories per day and to burn one pound a week she will need 1500 calories daily. same also applicable to man he will need 2500 calories to keep going and to burn a pound in a week 2000 calories a will be okay.
We have take our time to list out some Nigerian foods that has high calories in them but a lot of people were not aware of it.
Lose your weight by eating this foods-no need for exercise

SEMOVITA
Semovita is among the numerous swallows we have in Nigeria in fact most people preferred it among the rest due to its closeness to pounded yam. but what people did not understand is that especially for those who are planning to loose weight it contain high calories for instance, A cup of semovita is said to contain almost 600 calories alongside vegetable soup of your choice which will comes with its own calories due to our excess use of palmoil.
I will advise you to write off semovita from your meals if you are planning to shed some pounds in a couples of weeks.

WHEAT FLOUR
A cup of wheat flour contain approximately 400 calories

EBA/GARRI
Garri that will be make into eba or drink by a grow up man is said to contain almost 360 calories

POUNDED YAM
It contain higest calories ever a cup of milk tin is around 400 calories now assuming you take like 2 tin milk that will be around 800 calories and i know a lot of people do take more that just 2 cups.

INDOMIE NOODLE
It contain a lot of calories super pack is said to be around 600 calories not to talk of hungry man size and a lot of people do usually take more that one pack.

FRIED PLANTAIN
A slice of plantain contain 68 calories multiply it by number of sliced you put on your meal.

TUWO (WHITE CORN MEAL)
A cup of tuwo contain almost whooping 450 calories

RICE
Don't be surprise is roughly around 690 calories

OKRA
Okra soup with some additional ingredient like fish and palmoil will be around 105 calories

EGUSI SOUP
Egusi soup if well prepared with some assorted meat and stock fish is said to be around 700 calories per plate. Assuming you take egusi with 3 wraps of pounded yam which is around 600 calories per cup for your breakfast without any tangible exercising of the body you should know the result by now.

JOLOF RICE
Jolof rice a lot of people will castigate me food adding jolof rice because we all love our party jolof rice.
After adding all the ingredient a jolof rice calories is estimated to be around 800.
Learn 5 natural ways to get flat stomach in a week

A lot of people did not know that having excess calories in our body will not only add to our weight but also pose as source of other health problem.
However we are not saying we stop eating all this foods list above we are suggesting to you that you should know how to mixed them together to reduce the calorie.

HERE IS A FEW LIST SOME FOODS THAT HAS LOW CALORIES

Beans
Ewedu
Vegetables
Fruits
Drink a lot of water

credit-http://www.balotion.com/2016/11/nigerian-food-you-should-avoid-if-you.html

What should we be eating then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: US Records 1,169 Deaths In 24 Hours — Highest Single-Day Toll Globally / Coronavirus: Father Cries Out Over Non-Treatment Of Daughter At Isolation Center / 19-yr-old Dies Of Drug Overdose During Intercourse With A Lady In Delta (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.