Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira (41066 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / Border Closure: Ofada Rice Farmers Make Profit Amid Challenges / Direct Cocoa Farmers Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Flexherbal(m): 5:59am On Nov 08, 2016
We need genuine cocoa buyers in my village, i can connect you to the farmers and traders.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Funjosh(m): 6:05am On Nov 08, 2016
Cocoa Money is a very good money.

4 Likes

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Muideen6013(m): 6:20am On Nov 08, 2016
Ibanujee enikan idunnu ni felominn
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by LUV1: 6:36am On Nov 08, 2016
AM.FROM THE LORDS CHOOSEN CHRISTIAN CHARISMATIC RENEWAL MOVEMENT
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by saintmark88(m): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2016
DICKtator:
This is what the West should be investing in and exporting while the North build their legendary groundnut pyramids and the East produce more palm kernel and export it!!

Regionalism should set the way to liberalism

grin grin grin grin

When I hear this regionalism, it gets me annoyed, so it's wen we restructure and go back to d old region system thts wen ur leaders will now do what is right, if the leaders u have now, can't do what is right in a smaller unit called a state, how will dey cope with a larger unit called a region.

We have been thru the regional system of govt, it was d problems of the regional sys that lead us to forming dz unitary sys Tht we have now.....

The US runs a unitary sys and it works well, let's get it right, even if u restructure Nigeria, how does that solve the problem, it is not d country Tht needs restructuring, it is her people hu elect corrupt leaders and her leaders who tink of only demselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Zdoh(m): 6:55am On Nov 08, 2016
My dad was a very big cocoa farmer and buit so many houses during their time sent us to school but civilization turn our eyes and now regretting why i did not follow my dad farms up. The farm has now been turned to a new site. I have already made up my this is the time for me and my brother to go back and start from where my dad stop and by God grace cocoa exportation will commence next year. I have already got what it takes.

3 Likes

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by codemaniacs: 6:56am On Nov 08, 2016
buchai:

where did you place Palm oil after crude oil. i know there is money in cocoa but not to compare it with Palm oil, Palm oil was the highest country earnings before the crude oil exploration in Nigeria.The facts are there for all to see or you ask questions.

From Nigeria's GDP statements.

1. Mineral fuels including oil: US$50.8
billion (94.5% of total exports)
2. Cocoa: $539.5 million (1%)
3. Wood: $400.3 million (0.74%)
4. Oil seeds: $356.1 million (0.66%)

Note: its probably 5 times the above billions or more.

4 Likes

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by codemaniacs: 7:01am On Nov 08, 2016
saintmark88:

When I hear this regionalism, it gets me annoyed, so it's wen we restructure and go back to d old region system thts wen ur leaders will now do what is right, if the leaders u have now, can't do what is right in a smaller unit called a state, how will dey cope with a larger unit called a region.

We have been thru the regional system of govt, it was d problems of the regional sys that lead us to forming dz unitary sys Tht we have now.....

The US runs a unitary sys and it works well, let's get it right, even if u restructure Nigeria, how does that solve the problem, it is not d country Tht needs restructuring, it is her people hu elect corrupt leaders and her leaders who tink of only demselves

You're from the north that's why u get annoyed when u hear regionalism.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by freeze001(f): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2016
saintmark88:

The US does not run a unitary system of government, please get that information correct! If they had a unitary system Washington would have been in charge of collection and distribution of resources as we have here.

The regional system was truncated and this contraption set up to deliberately stifle the potentials of supposed enemies, there was no problem with what we had before until Gowon started d godforsaken state creation without requisite independence and which is now exploited by lazy, wicked leaders protected by the almighty centre.

Actually, regional restructuring brings creates more concentrated regional development with attention properly directed away from the centre thereby killing the Abuja must pay monthly mentality. In other words, it creates smaller units at regional level than a large unwieldy federation whose component units are stuck to the centre for social and economic benefits.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by omonnakoda: 8:56am On Nov 08, 2016
They are not making more money,they are making more naira which is not quite the same thing

1 Like

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Geeweeny(m): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2016
please can cocoa grow well in south south....akwa ibom state to be precise and also will need an expert to discuss wth
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by henkel: 3:58pm On Nov 08, 2016
Me and my team has being in this business for the past 23years as a quality and quntity analyst.

Even at this recession,Cocoa,ginger,Cashew has proven to make lot and lots of profit for buyers and sellers of this agricutural products.

Contact us if you are intrested in this business 08023969867 or email me henkelwest@yahoo.com [quote author=Geeweeny post=50860521]please can cocoa grow well in south south....akwa ibom state to be precise and also will need an expert to discuss wth[/quote
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by skilldammy2: 8:04am On Nov 09, 2016
For your Business plan, Seedlings and Plantation establishment on Oil palm, Cocoa, Citrus and Cashew. Kindly contact SKILL CONSULT on 08123916545. Thanks

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Naijabash(m): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2016
DISCOVER How To Start Cocoa Export Business In Nigeria and Make Profit IN DOLLARS, EUROS & POUND STARLING<< CLICK HERE>> http://naijabizcom.com/2016/02/08/how-to-start-cocoa-export-business-in-nigeria-and-make-profit/

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by kings09(m): 12:17am On Nov 12, 2016
The north especially Jigawa r only interested in building mosques as per e be like say dem de pursue guinness book of records
DICKtator:
This is what the West should be investing in and exporting while the North build their legendary groundnut pyramids and the East produce more palm kernel and export it!!

Regionalism should set the way to liberalism

grin grin grin grin
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Shemkaz09: 12:18am On Nov 12, 2016
If Agriculture is stagnant,industries won't grow

#ProudlyAgriculturist
#CertifiedFarmer
#Àgbé L'oba
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by kings09(m): 12:20am On Nov 12, 2016
Buhari's daullardness is affecting evry govt agency
obailala:
I really don't understand what's wrong with the CBN and this meaningless price regulation... you do not force down the exchange rate by forcing people to sell their forex at a very low price (even when they can clearly see the amount they lose). Stupid policies like this will only discourage people from engaging in exports to boost forex supply. This useless policy is the very reason Nigeria isn't reaping the potential benefits of the last devaluation (in terms of increased exports and increased income for exporters).

Similarly, the CBN forces diasporans sending money home to exchange their forex at the low official rate, but when family in Nigeria wants to send money abroad (e.g. to children schooling abroad), they are forced to buy forex at the true rate (blackmarket rate). I still wonder who advises the CBN board that this policy can encourage people to send more forex home.

1 Like

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by desire21a: 12:46am On Nov 12, 2016
[size=28pt]The chief Justice is replace because the military and court most bear allegiance first to the King of Nigeria adesegun adekoluejo aderibigbe adeuga ademusiwa before the republic. The military and court is a royal institution higher than the civilian.

You go listen to military passout oath. military is a royal institution.

The King of Nigeria adesegun adekoluejo aderibigbe adeuga ademusiwa can remove Ade yeye yeye enitan ogunnosi as ooni of ile ife or any traditional ruler or oba.

[/size]

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:58am On Nov 12, 2016
Good news Nigeria, I'm very delighted to hear about this, I will be investing in cocoa very soon.
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by desire21a: 1:01am On Nov 12, 2016
[size=28pt]Adesegun Adekoiluejo aderibigbe adeuga ademusiwa the emperor grenadier army guards who die while trying to retake borno state from Boko haram.

do they look military to you. So be careful who you talk to online.

[/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-TWFhqguI8Ag/VPdDAkhUvhI/AAAAAAABQw8/7cO9wqqcFMs/s1600/1.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-P8gHDnJ4v_8/VJgTeO6IttI/AAAAAAAEJ70/noZoJ25w_Xs/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by davidif: 1:04am On Nov 12, 2016
obailala:
I really don't understand what's wrong with the CBN and this meaningless price regulation... you do not force down the exchange rate by forcing people to sell their forex at a very low price (even when they can clearly see the amount they lose). Stupid policies like this will only discourage people from engaging in exports to boost forex supply. This useless policy is the very reason Nigeria isn't reaping the potential benefits of the last devaluation (in terms of increased exports and increased income for exporters).

Similarly, the CBN forces diasporans sending money home to exchange their forex at the low official rate, but when family in Nigeria wants to send money abroad (e.g. to children schooling abroad), they are forced to buy forex at the true rate (blackmarket rate). I still wonder who advises the CBN board that this policy can encourage people to send more forex home.

Maybe Buhari is not listening to his advisers and his actually overriding there recommendations because he doesn't trust there solutions.

Either way, I blame it on the Nigerian school system that values cramming and memorization over actual learning. It seems as if Nigerians mistake cramming ability with actual intelligence.

The CBN needs to be overhauled completely like they normally do with companies that are woefully underforming. Then they should go out and bring outsiders with new ideas and a fresh way of thinking after all you can't solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that caused it in the first place.
I would suggest he hires bright and brilliant people who got Ph.D in economics from the best schools in the West like MIT, Oxford, Cambridge , Stanford whether they are Nigerians or foreigners and not people like Adeosun who only has a master's from a school that my friend who lived in the UK called a third rate school. You can't solve a problem with the same thinking that caused it in the first place.

Having said all of that, none of this would make much of a different if Buhari does not know how to delegate or do with his advisers tell him to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by desire21a: 1:26am On Nov 12, 2016
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by slurryeye: 1:34am On Nov 12, 2016
Not only does Southwest has Cocoa as cash crop, we also have Oil palm, Kolanut, Rubber etc. It is high time we channelled our energy into cash crops that we used to develop our region before 1966
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by AreaFada2: 1:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Slikbae:
And my dad has over 40 plots of land wasting away. I have told him to start cocoa farming but he won't listen.

Cocoa is hard work sha.

It takes many years to start getting a decent harvest. With proper maintenance and the right soil (slight acidic, well-drained) that still preserves some water to help in dry season, by year 10 after planting, harvest should be good.

It is a delicate plant: not too much rain, not too much heat, some shade but not too much, not too windy area & better if a bit on a slope leading to a river (underground moisture likely).

Then prepare for phythopthora spp (black pod) infection affecting young pods especially in the later part (September/October) of cool raining season. The ancestors made cool money from cocoa. Cocoa was treated almost like a pet dog or a horse. But we lack the patience & tenacity of those days.
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by baski92(m): 3:48am On Nov 12, 2016
The land is green, our farmers are getting there
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by bidexmedia(m): 3:55am On Nov 12, 2016
For scholarship opportunities and visitations, please click here:- www.ofatconcept.com.ng
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by chibyz(m): 4:42am On Nov 12, 2016
Please vote for my story ‘’Oil Man’’ to win the etisalat prize for flash fiction by clicking the link below and press the thumbs up button to vote. Thank you https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1296
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by Cleversheva9(m): 5:21am On Nov 12, 2016
I reserve my comment
Re: Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira by greggng: 5:45am On Nov 12, 2016
Nigerians re now into mmm instead of the natural resources God gave us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria / Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan / A Disabled Man Working On His Rice Farm In Zamfara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.