Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,968 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 - Foreign Affairs (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 (102196 Views)

Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Trump Vs. Iran: It's Not Over (Analysis) / Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by BlackBaron: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2016
Donald Trump's piqued the interest of older millennial and working class communities by saying what they wanted ; issues such as immigration and 'world policing' at their own costs.

Hilary was beginning to look like another line of Family dynasties like the Bush which seems to be against the anti establishment feeling beginning to gain traction in western countries. It's the reason Bernie Sanders had popular support but was unfortunately not preferred by the Democrats hierarchy.

The only thing is just to see how much depth he has to himself, advisers and his cabinet.
I got no bone in this fight.
The world is watching.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lol, as for Brexit - perhaps it's cos I'm too London. You know the London culture is different from the rest of the UK and I was betting on London's population, ditto other major cities, and Scotland/Wales/NI to offset whatever the white nutjobs would do. Ditto the fact that most white folks love travelling around Europe and a lot of them have families that have moved to other countries in Europe, especially Spain and Portugal. But I was shocked that a lot of blacks and Asians also voted for Brexit. Folks are just tired of Eastern Europeans taking their jobs and driving down wages. grin

But with this one, in as much as I was skeptical and never expected white women to support Trump the way they did and the fear of rigging - I knew he'll most likely win cos America is a deeply segregated and racist country. And Trump had middle America and white men on lock. Trump was saying everything the average white American says behind closed doors. You don't even need to live there to know that - just follow their sports and read their online comments to know how they feel. And a lot of black folks voted for Trump.

Before the they finished voting: as soon as I started info that Trump was leading in Ohio and it was very close in Wisconsin, and Michigan - and a lot of Cubans are voting for Trump in Florida - I had to drop that gem there lol. I had to hit the sheets cos I knew white people would push him through. However, something was telling me that they might rig Florida (they probably did but the rigging couldn't offset the massive votes Trump got). Cray! grin

Ohio, PA, and Wisconsin are a tad shocking though. Darn! He whooped her arse handily in Ohio. Now, that's an arse-whooping.
It was'nt even a close call.. Its really a whooping.. I think Hilary is finished politically, at least she and her husband has amassed enough wealth through 'Clinton Foundation'.. They should enjoy their loot. People of Haiti sends their greetings....

Moving forward, I don't give a F about how US does domestically, I am more concerned about the foreign policy under Trump. You know how this peeps pop their noses in every gaddem issue from Africa to Asia.. How ll Trump relation be with Iran? (Remember he critisize the recent deal), How ll he treat North Korea? The crisis in the Middle east?
I also read sometimes back that Trump kids married Jews, so we can expect a stronger bond with Isreal.. The suffering of the Palestine people may have just began undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by SirShymexx: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ogbeche77:
It was'nt even a close call.. Its really a whooping.. I think Hilary is finished politically, at least she and her husband has amassed enough wealth through 'Clinton Foundation'.. They should enjoy their loot. People of Haiti sends their greetings....

Moving forward, I don't give a F about how US does domestically, I am more concerned about the foreign policy under Trump. You know how this peeps pop their noses in every gaddem issue from Africa to Asia.. How ll Trump relation be with Iran? (Remember he critisize the recent deal), How ll he treat North Korea? The crisis in the Middle east?
I also read sometimes back that Trump kids married Jews, so we can expect a stronger bond with Isreal.. The suffering of the Palestine people may have just began undecided undecided

Lol, this is the end of the Clinton empire. She'd be lucky to escape jail. Can you believe that she barely reached 60% in Detroit? Muthaphucking Detroit of all places. Don't let the total collation fool you - in the rust belt and most of the swing states, Trump won at least 30% of black votes in these areas, bar Philly, where Clinton won 80% of the votes. White women also showed the world that they might have started feminism but white men are gawds and no other interest is greater than white supremacy built by the white man's patriarchy. Ditto white LGBT community And white men showed out and told the world who the real majority is and when they speak, all the other nonsense that America is turning brown belongs to the toilet.

Honestly, I don't think he'll be bad domestically. African Americans just need to handle their business in their local elections and us their fears right now to start pushing agenda by going back to the consciousness of the 60s and demanding shyte. Although, their might be an increase in hate crimes - this is a blessing in disguise for them, hence a lot of AA academics have been expressing their preference for Trump, for months now cos Obama made them docile and complacent. The Repubs will most likely end up with a slam dunk cos they own the POTUS, congress, and senate now. And they should take the supreme court as well. So, they need to force Trump's hands into giving them something big that will benefit them (I believe they will get it).

I think Trump will act more like Ronald Reagan. Don't forget Reagan had decent relations with the Ayatollahs in Iran and sold arms to them. And Reagan and Gorbachev were cool (Reagan was at the red square in Moscow with Gorbachev). The Clinton government started the NATO expansion further east towards Russia. So, I expect Putin and Trump to become the Reagan and Gorbachev of this era, with a lot concessions on both sides, for world peace. Africa and Asia won't have that much problems, albeit US interests would be protected in both places - without the usual neo-liberal sabre-rattling and war mongering tendencies. Both sides would just have to define their territories.

Trump doesn't really have any problem with Israel and the fate of the Palestinians rest with the gulf states. Let's see how Trump will treat the Saudis, and other countries. That would be interesting to watch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by KnightSucre(f): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
swagdopey:

Hair like that of a woman, that's d next excuse he will come up with...
lol I can't wait for his next sermon and prophecy cheesy
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by slimmsyyetty: 12:25am On Nov 10, 2016
To all my friends and families in America, who forgot me b4 now................. I will be d 1st to wait for u @ Muritala Mohammed Airport grin grin
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by OlaSpeaker(m): 4:45am On Nov 10, 2016
QuietHammer:

Hillary never used Trump's derogatory speeches against him? Bro, did you watch any of the debates?
Yes i did but i don't remember seeing a smear campaign on Trump, get my point well even Hillary was not concern about messenger but the message
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by OlaSpeaker(m): 4:49am On Nov 10, 2016
peter1994:

Mr Man go n seat down, or is it by force to comment?

Well is unfortunate that my comment is not made for your kind
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by elijahkayode(m): 10:17am On Nov 11, 2016
Iluminati Connection: The Simpson and Trump Similarities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzd5UbZ8x18
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by Temple1288(m): 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2019
Thankful1970:
I just wish Hilary wins!

She didn't!
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by Temple1288(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2019
alexiej:
Trump doesn't look like an option for president. I wonder why he even has any supporter at all. He would talk and you'll think, "even an aggrieved labour union leader wouldn't say that on air".

On the other hand, Hillary isn't a good option either. She has her woes, being the "politician" that plays the games, lies, and all.

US is faced with two impossibles... Just like Nigeria in 2015. I guess they just have to settle for the better devil.

But if Trump wins, it's the beginning of the end for US, baby!

Guess they're not ending anytime soon
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 by alexiej(m): 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2019
Temple1288:

Guess they're not ending anytime soon

Well, you think so

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

2 Huge Male Snakes Fighting Over Female Snake Crash Into Australian Man's House / 14-Year-Old Missing Malaysian Boy Found In Crocrodile's Stomach (Graphic Pics) / Meet Jakov Kitarović, Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.