Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60168 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by tonysmart: 5:10am On Dec 23, 2009
Please how do i install IE 5-7.? I can not down load any anti virus from the internet. I tried to install avast and it gave me the following message. Please can anyone help me interpret it? Thanks

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 3:32pm On Dec 23, 2009
tonysmart:

Please how do i install IE 5-7.? I can not down load any anti virus from the internet. I tried to install avast and it gave me the following message. Please can anyone help me interpret it? Thanks
first you want to get firefox so that you have some type of browser. then go to control panel add/remove and uninstall your internet explorer. Then go online and do a google search for internet explorer 5, 6 or 7. you will find a site that will let you get it. download it, install it and you are finished.

As far as the error document, i will not download an attachment from anyone. you could have simply copied and pasted it so we can read it not make it something to down load seems too suspicious
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by lynxnoon(m): 6:34pm On Dec 23, 2009
guys pls how do i resolve dis. . . .cos i knw last resort may mean formatting d pc wich am dnt want to rite now
it started after i removed d norton dat came wit d pc n d stuff refused to fully uninstall. . . . ofcorse hv tried using norton tool remover but no show
any oda suggestions?
tnx for ur responses

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by nsikis: 6:45pm On Dec 23, 2009
for USB problems there are many causes of it. But in the case of a USB Flash drive, guy i think it is because the flash drive contains a virus which causes the it not to respond with the computer. Anyway you can try it with any other computer to see if the same problem occurs, But i suggest it is a viral atttack. And maybe the flash is now bad.
www.mylaptopsolutions..com
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by nsikis: 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2009
for USB problems there are many causes of it. But in the case of a USB Flash drive, guy i think it is because the flash drive contains a virus which causes the it not to respond with the computer. Anyway you can try it with any other computer to see if the same problem occurs, But i suggest it is a viral atttack. And maybe the flash is now bad.
www.mylaptopsolutions..com
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bhsultan: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hello,

I have a problem with my HP 6730s. It was working fine, and then just shut down. When I try to turn it back up, it does nothing. Power led blinks for 28 times. It is 2008 model. Please help.

Thnx
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
lynxnoon:

guys pls how do i resolve dis. . . .cos i knw last resort may mean formatting d pc wich am dnt want to rite now
it started after i removed d norton dat came wit d pc n d stuff refused to fully uninstall. . . . ofcorse hv tried using norton tool remover but no show
any oda suggestions?
tnx for your responses

I understood you have used norton removal tool still no joy.

I suggest you do it again http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

and follow on screen instructions then try removing. having two or more security software installed

can cause system instability and hence less performance. click start > Run >type in services click continue

if prompted and look for[b] security centre, windows defender, windows defender[/b] right click

and make is set to s[b]tart up type automatic and service status started make sure is not stopped[/b]

if stopped just start it close the box and restarted the system for changes to take effect then test

should be fine . Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2009
bhsultan:

Hello,

I have a problem with my HP 6730s. It was working fine, and then just shut down. When I try to turn it back up, it does nothing. Power led blinks for 28 times. It is 2008 model. Please help.

Thnx

Here's your diagnostics

Disconnect battery and charger from laptop and any
other hardware attached such as kb +mouse etc.

don't be alarm hold down the on and off switch which is

the power button for 30 seconds and plugged in just the charfger

into the mains and try turning on no battery remember. after turning on

keep pressing f10 to see if can get into Bios, this looks like a blue screen

if you are there press f10 and let laptop boot into windows after that shutdown
as normal and pop battery in then restart. should be fine

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by mreds: 8:06am On Dec 30, 2009
Hello guys, welldone! My Hp laptop jst stopped booting properly, when it starts now,it doesn't get 2 d windows user page,what can i do? Tnx!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bhsultan: 8:44am On Dec 30, 2009
deji2009:

Here's your diagnostics

Disconnect battery and charger from laptop and any
other hardware attached such as kb +mouse etc.

don't be alarm hold down the on and off switch which is

the power button for 30 seconds and plugged in just the charfger

into the mains and try turning on no battery remember. after turning on

keep pressing f10 to see if can get into Bios, this looks like a blue screen

if you are there press f10 and let laptop boot into windows after that shutdown
as normal and pop battery in then restart. should be fine

It works now. Thanks a lot, very grateful cheesy
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by femi9naija(m): 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2010
Pls someone help me on how to install PES2009 that has crack folder.d autorun has INSTALL,DIRECT X,CRACK.i first installed it,it says "dxd, dll" not found.pls help me
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bijelee(m): 9:59pm On Jan 01, 2010
am having a prob with a compaq nx6325 laptop running windows xp, when i power it, it boots up to the logon page, immediately after entering the password, it logs off and then returns to the logon page again, its been kind of a cycle, i need help with this. thank you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2010
femi9naija:

Pls someone help me on how to install PES2009 that has crack folder.d autorun has INSTALL,DIRECT X,CRACK.i first installed it,it says "dxd, dll" not found.pls help me

I"ll advice you visit http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=149
for answers on frequently ask questions. if no joy then make sure this game is
compatible with your operating system e.g. graphics and sound card.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2010
bijelee:

am having a prob with a compaq nx6325 laptop running windows xp, when i power it, it boots up to the logon page, immediately after entering the password, it logs off and then returns to the logon page again, its been kind of a cycle, i need help with this. thank you.

Here's your diagnostics

make sure is plug in

back on again keep

pressing f10 0r F1

should see Bios

leave it there for

10 minutes or so

if laptop turn off

on that screen

then is a hardware

problem if doesn't

then is a software

problem, whichever

the case let us know

so we can keep on

how you are progressing.

check to make sure no

damages to the usb ports

Good luck and Happy new yr
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Comrade2009: 7:07am On Jan 02, 2010
Pls, my laptop is booting very well but the problem is that avast anti virus on it is affecting the OS. I tried to uninstall it but if it started to uninstall the power will just tip off. I used the original software to uninstall but still the samething. I do not want to format because of the system driver. Advice me on what to do.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by newdawn09(m): 7:18am On Jan 02, 2010
{1}I have Vista Ultimate on my Laptop but its slow, if i install Windows 7,won't i lose my stored files? Will they still be intact? {2} when i'm typing the mouse pointer jumps somewhere else,what's the solution to this? {3} My PC Hangs, help. {4} I have a VCD from a seminar i attended but it's not showing the video, only the audio but it is playing well whenever i insert other VCD. Help me. Tanx
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bijelee(m): 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2010
deji2009:

I"ll advice you visit http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=149
for answers on frequently ask questions. if no joy then make sure this game is
compatible with your operating system e.g. graphics and sound card.

Thanks for your prompt response, i carried out what you said, the laptop didn't go off for 15 minutes it was on BIOS, so i should be rest assured its not a hardware problem.

I will be expecting your reply on what to do next.

Thanks and Happy New year!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by bijelee(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2010
@ Deji, i used the wrong quote above below is the right one. thanks
deji2009:

Here's your diagnostics

make sure is plug in

back on again keep

pressing f10 0r F1

should see Bios

leave it there for

10 minutes or so

if laptop turn off

on that screen

then is a hardware

problem if doesn't

then is a software

problem, whichever

the case let us know

so we can keep on

how you are progressing.

check to make sure no

damages to the usb ports

Good luck and Happy new yr
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by lynxnoon(m): 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2010
@deji
pls any response to my post?
Thanks
lynxnoon:

any oda suggestions?
tnx for your responses
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by OlabodeAjala(m): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2010
Ple help me,am usin hp pv9000 laptop.Just a recent,when i put on my system is only d power light dat always on without dispalyin nothing on d screen.Wht amazed me most is dat d power light wil just be onin and off continuously.Or do u no the hp head office in lagos,if u do kindly send me d address.My system is just six month old help me.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2010
remove all the periperals eg battery, cd drive, charger etc. press the power button down and hold it for like30 secs to a minute.

then plug in only the charger and try to switch it on. lets see what happens.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by geogentle: 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2010
I submitted a post before I saw this and decided to repeat it here.

Please how do I resolve this problem. The attached message keeps popping up each time I boot my laptop. It's an XPS M1530 running on Vista OS.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 11:54pm On Jan 03, 2010
geogentle:

I submitted a post before I saw this and decided to repeat it here.

Please how do I resolve this problem. The attached message keeps popping up each time I boot my laptop. It's an XPS M1530 running on Vista OS.

Thanks for your anticipated assistance.

Thats a spyware. Download this http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/ Choose the full system scan, afterwards, the software will ask if you want to remove the nasties.Click remove and it will reboot then your sysrem is clean.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Marhoski(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2010
please my laptop just became so slow that it can take 3minutes to open a page. Any help?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Marhoski(m): 2:13pm On Jan 04, 2010
please my laptop just became so slow that it can take 3minutes to open a page. Any help?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
Marhoski:

Hello Sir/Madam,

What make is your laptop ?

e.g. HP 530. XP, Vista or Windows 7

Which site is it happening to ? When does it start ?

Are you using Internet explorer or Firefox.

Is it slow to boot into windows or slow generally ?

With this I and my colleagues will be able to

proffer some diagnostics in resolving thisĀ  issue.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Marhoski(m): 6:33am On Jan 05, 2010
thanks bt i dont really know, on top they wrote hp and when u open it, @ the bottom right there is a sticker which shows designed for windows xp,windows vista capable.
And yes i use firefox too bt am not talking about browsing, am talking about the general use such as the start button, opening documents, cannot right clicl a file on the desktop and every other thing takes along time to open even the start button. Am suspecting its a virus.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Marhoski(m): 6:35am On Jan 05, 2010
seems its the performance am talking about.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by lynxnoon(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2010
deji2009:

I understood you have used norton removal tool still no joy.

I suggest you do it again http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

and follow on screen instructions then try removing. having two or more security software installed

can cause system instability and hence less performance. click start > Run >type in services click continue

if prompted and look for[b] security centre, windows defender, windows defender[/b] right click

and make is set to s[b]tart up type automatic and service status started make sure is not stopped[/b]

if stopped just start it close the box and restarted the system for changes to take effect then test

should be fine . Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Tnx alot for your reply. . . didnt see it b4 my last post here
wil try it out and gie a feedback
Tnx 1ce again
Regards
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by TYPOP(m): 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2010
I tried to search if this has been discussed but I am not seeing anything to this regard.

I use a Dell Vostro 1500. The system was in standby last week Thursday and I did not know. I thought it was off but the next time I looked at the system, the battery was flat. No power at all was in the battery. When I charged it, It would only get to 53% in two hours. Since then, my battery will only charge up till 46% even if I charge it for 5 hours.

Please what can I do? I need help urgently.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by lynxnoon(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
@deji2009
tnx for your suggestion
I followed the link you gave me and was able to run it successfully but the error message still comes up for the security center but i was able to enable the windows firewall and defender
Also i typed in "services" in RUN but nothing came up
Below are some screenshots
Tnx for yur reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.