Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge (10919 Views)

Justice, Sylvester Ngwuta Arraigned For False Asset Declaration / More Trouble For Justice Sylvester Ngwuta / Return Justice Sylvester Ngwuta "Loot" Back To Kogi Gov. Group Begs DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by onomeasike: 12:58am On Nov 09, 2016
The federal government on Tuesday brought a 9-count charge of money laundering and corruption against Sylvester Ngwuta, a supreme court judge.

Ngwuta and six other justices were suspended over allegations of fraud.

The Department of State Services (DSS) raided the homes of the judges between October 7 and October 8.

The charge filed in federal high court, Abuja, alleged that Ngwuta illegally retained in his possession N35,358, 000.00 contrary to the money laundering (prohibition) Act 2011.

It was also alleged that the defendant retained in his possession $319,596.00 and 25, 915. pounds.

According to the charge, the prosecution alleged that the monies formed part of the proceeds of unlawful act contrary to the money laundering Act.

The charged alleged that several sums of cash were recovered from the defendant’s home, including N35.3 million, $319,596.00(USD) 25,915 pounds sterling and 280.00 r. 44.

It further alleged that four diplomatic passports, one official and two standard Nigerian passports all in the name of the defendant were found during DSS search.

The charge said the defendant allegedly obtained multiple passports contrary to section 10 of the Immigration Act, 2015 and punishable under the same section.

According to the charge the embattled judge allegedly made false statement to the Passport Office concerning his date of birth for the purpose of procuring an additional diplomatic passport for himself.

He was also alleged to have in his possession two valid diplomatic passports and thereby committed an offence under section 10 of the Immigration Act.

The case file has not to be assigned for trial.

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-files-9-count-charge-ngwuta-supreme-court-judge

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by ogaslife: 1:48am On Nov 09, 2016
Good for him, let him face his music

12 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Justiyke4u: 1:58am On Nov 09, 2016
number of counts does not matter but conviction even on one count alone

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by opethom(m): 2:08am On Nov 09, 2016
pls tell Buhari to do something about economy

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Caseless: 3:31am On Nov 09, 2016
'Immediately' NJC agrees to suspend these 'wiggy' or 'wigged' thieves when confronted with evidence, I knew it's over for them.
Sai baba!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by kcnwaigbo: 3:51am On Nov 09, 2016
Caseless:
'Immediately' NJC agrees to suspend these 'wiggy' or 'wigged' thieves when confronted with evidence, I knew it's over for them.
Sai baba!
Confronted with which evidence? The CJN never made any of such statement. They should bring on the trial already. Enough of the media trial. BTW I thought these Judges were under investigation for bribery, I didn't see anything like that on the charge sheet

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by chriskosherbal(m): 4:29am On Nov 09, 2016
I see
Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Sibrah: 4:31am On Nov 09, 2016
Witch-hunt

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by mercichoco(f): 4:32am On Nov 09, 2016
Justiyke4u:
number of counts does not matter but conviction even on one count alone
Exactly! He'l still go free, not guilty as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by mercichoco(f): 4:35am On Nov 09, 2016
Good thing to charge him to court, but i trust the FG to come with no evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Caseless: 6:25am On Nov 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Confronted with which evidence? The CJN never made any of such statement. They should bring on the trial already. Enough of the media trial. BTW I thought these Judges were under investigation for bribery, I didn't see anything like that on the charge sheet
just chill.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by kcnwaigbo: 6:33am On Nov 09, 2016
Caseless:
just chill.
They should take them to court already, all these stories from the media are becoming boring

7 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by saintmark88(m): 6:42am On Nov 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

They should take them to court already, all these stories from the media are becoming boring

Oga can't u read, the judge has been charged to court, the prosecution has file the charges against him.... Or can't u read

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by saintmark88(m): 6:47am On Nov 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Be saying media trial there... We r watching, he has been charged to a competent court of law, so I dnt understand how tht amounts to media trial..... Plus it will be diff to prove bribery n court, so it's easier to just charge him with what you can easily nail him with, coupled with the evidences they have

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by richidinho(m): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2016
mercichoco:
Good thing to charge him to court, but i trust the FG to come with no evidence.

Babe we gat to talk, forget Buhari
Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by veekid(m): 10:30am On Nov 09, 2016

has he been found TB Joshua

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by TINALETC3(f): 10:31am On Nov 09, 2016
tongue
Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by TINALETC3(f): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2016
Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:32am On Nov 09, 2016
This is serious.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Chiedu4Trump: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2016
Buhari simply whats to eliminate the south.

He did that with the army, retiring all who were christian or from the south.

Filled all posts with Northerners.

When will the silly south understand that Buhari is planning to conquer the whole Nigeria.

After all they just passed a 2nd reading making Sharia law

Nigeria: Bill Seeking To Make Sharia A Federal Law Quietly Passes 2nd Reading

I was shocked to watch the live proceedings of the House of Representatives as covered by NTA2 and saw that the bill calling for the criminal aspects of Islamic Sharia law to be implemented in our legal system in Nigeria at the Federal and states passed the second reading on Thursday, October 28, 2016.

I was even more shocked because even though there were many Christians in the House no one raised an objection!

The Speaker of the House, Hon Yakubu Dogara, who presided over the proceedings said that what this meant was that it would now move to committee level where it will be discussed fully before the House would decide on it finally, but it is curious that not even one voice of dissent was aired against it!

I waited till 9pm to hear what NTA Network news would report about it, but there was a blackout of reportage about it!

Of course, other issues discussed and decided in the House on same day were reported but not this one! The bill to amend the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to make provision for the full implementation of Sharia Criminal law at the federal and states legal system has passed the second reading in the House of Representatives and no one is telling Nigerians what is happening!

For all we know, when a bill passes the second reading unchallenged in parliament it is almost as good as passed.

Long before the 2nd Republic, Muslim leaders in Nigeria have always agitated for the full implementation of Sharia in Nigeria. Nobody has forgotten the hot debates that took place in the Constituent Assembly of 1978 about the place of Sharia in the 1979 Constitution.

Christian members kicked against the full implementation of full Sharia because non-Muslims would fall victim of this law. In the end, a compromise was reached that the Sharia Personal Law be allowed, not the criminal aspects.

The same thing that happened in 1988 Constituent Assembly that produced the 1989 Constitution, which never took off. In fact, in the 1988 Constituent Assembly, General Ibrahim Babangida, then Nigeria’s self-styled military president, had to stop all debates relating to Sharia and other sensitive issues when he saw how inflammable the debates were becoming, and retained the status quo.

The 1999 Constitution drew much from both the 1979 and 1989 Constitutions and retained Sharia Personal law.

Now, Muslims, under President Muhammadu Buhari have surreptitiously attempted to amend the Constitution to insert the full implementation of Sharia without carrying Nigerians along!

Muslim leaders have always argued that Sharia law is meant for Muslims only. But Christians have always refused to buy the argument because in practice, non-Muslims have often been dragged before Sharia courts and have been adjudicated by a legal system repugnant to their faith. Several documented cases abound to prove this.

Besides, Christians have always argued why the government that is supposed to be neutral to all religions should uphold the religious laws of one religion with public funds to the harm of the adherents of other faiths.

These are some of the issues that make some of us to take with a pinch of salt the claims that President Buhari means well for this country. Our job is to bring these issues to the fore to create awareness of what is happening. Whatever happens afterwards is beyond our power. It’s up to you all.

Broadcast this information and please take all steps available to you to let this be known in higher hierarchy of the church, the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN.

We must not be docile!

http://www.thebiafraherald.co/2016/11/nigeria-bill-seeking-to-make-sharia.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by damton(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2016
Good riddance to bad rubbish

This will serve as a deterrent to others who might want to take advantage of their exalted positions for personal aggrandizement.

Surely, Nigeria shall be cleansed of this vermin.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2016
When the judge appears in the dock

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by engrjacuzzi: 10:34am On Nov 09, 2016
Nigeria needs serious sanitization and I hate hearing news about probes without penalties melted on the offenders.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:35am On Nov 09, 2016
...Nd he still wants to loan $29.4b.......

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Young03(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2016
ngwuta na only u waka come

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Oblang(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2016
Chiedu4Trump:
Buhari simply whats to eliminate the south.

U can play ethnic card like u want to, this one has bin charged already

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Mentcee(m): 10:37am On Nov 09, 2016
Buhari's govt will fall soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by muyibaba222(m): 10:38am On Nov 09, 2016
let the trial start and stop all this brohaha.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by Katyusha(m): 10:44am On Nov 09, 2016
opethom:
pls tell Buhari to do something about economy
Pls sharap... What has the economy got to do with those thieves? GEJ lost the election yet you wailers have not recovered.

2 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by JuanDeDios: 10:45am On Nov 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You bring charges only for those things you can prove in court. The important thing is taking a crook off the streets. Remember Al Capone? After all his killings, he was jailed for tax evasion.

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester Ngwuta: FG Files 9 Count Charges Against Judge by DirtyGold: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2016
I have lost faith in the judiciary already.

In other pertinent news, on behalf of Bill Gates, Carlos Slim, Mark Zuckerberg, Amancio Ortega, Jeff Bezos, Roman Abrahomvich, MY HUMBLE SELF and other future billionaires around the world, we wish to felicitate with our billionaires club colleague, Donald Trump on his remarkable feat at the US presidential polls. Let's fly higher together..... cool

What's tha business?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sir Emeka Okwuosa Foundation Medical Fair 2021 Flagged Off In Grand Style (pics) / 2023: The Mistakes Of Those Before Us Can Never Befall Us – Nwodo / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.