Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics (10927 Views)

Bode George On Okada Ban: Sanwo-olu Acting Like Someone From Stone Age / PDP To Oshiomhole: Stop Acting Like An Attack Dog / Afam4eva, You Are Wrong. Igbos Do Not Need To Play Nigerian Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 12:18am On May 13, 2017
You know, this is actually one of the worst times to be an Igbo man as far as being part of the Nigerian entity is concerned. We know that since the end of the civil war the hate for the Igbo man has been engraved in the minds of the average Nigerian, from the west to the North and even to the South-south. Though the Igbos did a pretty good job despite the adversities by pulling themselves out of the rubble and from 1999, we started to enjoy some level of prosperity politically, even though i feel it wasn't enough considering the fact that we're part of the tripod upon which this nation was built. Atleast it was a good start.

However, a little more than a decade later, the Igbo nation is looking more like a conquered territory. Some people blame it on wrong political calculations and alliances while others blame it on the hate that the Nigerian state has had against people of Igbo extraction. I would blame it on the unwillingness of Igbos to play politics the Nigerian way.

It has come a time that we need to forego the emotions of the civil war and solidarity with any group and play politics the way the Northerners play or atleast, go the route of the Yorubas. These people have mastered the idiosyncrasies that is Nigeria and have seized the moment to put themselves at a stage that will benefit them. It seems the Igbos are the only majority group that have failed and looking like a minority group by the day. Instead of deceiving ourselves by concocting spiritual alliances with a region known as the south-south or Niger Delta or whatever they want to call themselves these days, our alliances should face westwards and to the north. The people from the south-south are the most ungrateful humans ever to walk this part of the world. How can one explain that a group as big as the Igbo race put all their eggs in one basket for a man known as Goodluck Jonathan who wasn't even an Igbo man and as soon as he lost, his people started throwing abuses at us.

The first mistake you don't make in politics is to bring yourself down to align with minorities except it's for your own interest. It's high time we stopped being emotional and moved with the tide and align with satan if need be because contrary to what a lot of Igbos may think, we're no saints and nobody is looking for a saint in Nigeria. As long as you're crooked but appear friendly, people will respect you.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 12:22am On May 13, 2017
Et tu Afam4eva?

Afam4eva i am disappointed in your write up. You started your write up very well,but ended it wrongly.

Like you said,the problem of the East is the East and they should work on themselves,both on the areas of strategy and making themselves relevant by banding together as one voice.

For you to somehow now start throwing jabs at the South-South,is an approach in the teachings of a defeatist mentality.

Why cant you guys be "A MAN" for once and accept your short comings?if you guys are not blaming the North,you are busy blaming the West,and now you have added a new dimension to it by blaming the minority South-South.

Afam when will you guys blame yourselves for your failures?when will you guys stop blaming others?this is shameful.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 12:29am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Make i read.

Always first to comment..

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 12:30am On May 13, 2017
Afam4va...Its not our fault how enemy's have divided us...Look at it...They took indigenous oil rich igbo communitys like oyigbo and added in other states...They took Igbo towns, lands,communities and lumped them with other ethnic groups to form states/the phantom republic called south south...Now a Igbo person from IMO can't lay claim to the indigenous Igbo communities in the south south,Do it and see people saying land grabbing bla bla bla....Its not our fault that we are not united..The day they add Igbo communities into a single region that's when our unity will come.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 12:32am On May 13, 2017
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by evanscheck(m): 12:42am On May 13, 2017
I don hear ..
Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Afam4eva(m): 12:52am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:
Et tu Afam4eva?

Afam4eva i am disappointed in your write up. You started your write up very well,but ended it wrongly.

Like you said,the problem of the East is the East and they should work on themselves,both on the areas of strategy and making themselves relevant by banding together as one voice.

For you to somehow now start throwing jabs at the South-South,is an approach in the teachings of a defeatist mentality.

Why cant you guys be "A MAN" for once and accept your short comings?if you guys are not blaming the North,you are busy blaming the West,and now you have added a new dimension to it by blaming the minority South-South.

Afam when will you guys blame yourselves for your failures?

I understand that you're from the south south but what has to be said has tonne said. These people have added nothing to us despite making them our Kimber one allies . All we get is people accusing us of langrabbing and everything under the sun. What I spoke is the gospel truth even though it does n out sit well with you. It's high time we started realigning ourselves with blocks that really matter.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 1:04am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

I understand that you're from the south south but what has to be said has tonne said. These people have added nothing to us despite making them our Kimber one allies . All we get is people accusing us of langrabbing and everything under the sun. What I spoke is the gospel truth even though it does n out sit well with you. It's high time we started realigning ourselves with blocks that really matter.

What blocks Afam?you guys have burnt so much bridges that nobody wants to even touch you guys with a 10ft pole.

And dont forget that the election of Buhari without the support of the East and the South, has shown that the North and West can actually win elections without the help of the East.

So let us go back to this block thing you said. I have said it before,and will say it again, and that is, Rochas Okorocha is the most sensible Easterner.

Rochas saw this,and years ago wanted to build bridges with the North and West. But what did the Easterners call him?Okorohausa,the bastard son of an Hausa trader and other unsavoury names.

Once the Igbo's take themselves serious,we the people that wants the progress of Nigeria will take them serious.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Ikechu0b: 1:19am On May 13, 2017
Which Nigerian politics?

The politics of licking the anus of Northerners just to have a a small percentage of government the north leads

The politics of slaughtering your own and playing a kidnap of girls in order to make government "difficult" because the president is not Northerners

The politics of violence and death in other to win elections

The politics of hatred and down right tribalism in other to seek favor in your election.

The policies of not understanding democracy.

The politics of using children, infants and even animals to rig election.

The politics of death on every corner
The politics that does nothing to improve your countrue butb only your pocket.

I actually expected a lot from you afam4eva but I can see being in this forum so long, your mind has become skewed.

If what is display in Nigeria government us something you wish igbo to play then I pray to God you NEVER reach the level of igbo leadership. Only lords knows the pact of evil you drag us towards.

Lastly, HungerBAD is from South West. I know you've joined Agbagworo is constantly condemning SS despite the fact there are those of us from SS that are the same group as you but at least try and reduce your new found love of trying to imitate those waste okay.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by BabaRamota1980: 1:32am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

What blocks Afam?you guys have burnt so much bridges that nobody wants to even touch you guys with a 10ft pole.

And dont forget that the election of Buhari without the support of the East,and the South has shown that the North and West can actually win elections without the help of the East.

So let us go back to this block thing you said. I have said it before,and will say it again, and that is, Rochas Okorocha is the most sensible Easterner.

Rochas saw this,and years ago wanted to build bridges with the North and West. But what did the Easterners call him?Okorohausa,the bastard son of an Hausa trader and other unsavoury names.

Once the Igbo's take themselves serious,we the people that wants the progress of Nigeria will take them serious.

Within 24hrs you will be labelled afonja. Wait and see... grin

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 1:39am On May 13, 2017
BabaRamota1980:

Anybody that does not agree with them is Yoruba,and that is just sad.

Childish name calling here does not bother me anyway.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by lenghtinny(m): 1:44am On May 13, 2017
When it comes to politics, the average Nigerian (including those in the South South) relates with them with some sort of distrust....
This has kinda handicapped the igbos when it comes to national politics

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 1:47am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

And dont forget that the election of Buhari without the support of the East,and the South has shown that the North and West can actually win elections without the help of the East.

Where are you when an Igbo man chibuike ameachi was sponsoring buhari??Where are you when rochas was using money to sponsor buhari?The truth is we Igbo's have been wronged...Imagine I am from etche(igbo) LGA in rivers and my clan has been split into two because a mad man in the military government wanted to divide us..now we have etche in rivers and IMO...This went on to the extent that asaba an Igbo town was taken from us and added in another state infact this people wanted to divide us to the extent of lumping Igbo community's with other tribe to form states and even putting indeginous Igbo community in south south so we can never be united...Is it our fault!!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Dedetwo(m): 1:52am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
You know, this is actually one of the worst times to be an Igbo man as far as being part of the Nigerian entity is concerned. We know that since the end of the civil war the hate for the Igbo man has been engraved in the minds of the average Nigerian, from the west to the North and even to the South-south. Though the Igbos did a pretty good job despite the adversities by pulling themselves out of the rubble and from 1999, we started to enjoy some level of prosperity politically, even though i feel it wasn't enough considering the fact that we're part of the tripod upon which this nation was built. Atleast it was a good start.

However, a little more than a decade later, the Igbo nation is looking more like a conquered territory. Some people blame it on wrong political calculations and alliances while others blame it on the hate that the Nigerian state has had against people of Igbo extraction. I would blame it on the unwillingness of Igbos to play politics the Nigerian way.

It has come a time that we need to forego the emotions of the civil war and solidarity with any group and play politics the way the Northerners play or atleast, go the route of the Yorubas. These people have mastered the idiosyncrasies that is Nigeria and have seized the moment to put themselves at a stage that will benefit them. It seems the Igbos are the only majority group that have failed and looking like a minority group by the day. Instead of deceiving ourselves by concocting spiritual alliances with a region known as the south-south or Niger Delta or whatever they want to call themselves these days, our alliances should face westwards and to the north. The people from the south-south are the most ungrateful humans ever to walk this part of the world. How can one explain that a group as big as the Igbo race put all their eggs in one basket for a man known as Goodluck Jonathan who wasn't even an Igbo man and as soon as he lost, his people started throwing abuses at us.

The first mistake you don't make in politics is to bring yourself down to align with minorities except it's for your own interest. It's high time we stopped being emotional and moved with the tide and align with satan if need be because contrary to what a lot of Igbos may think, we're no saints and nobody is looking for a saint in Nigeria. As long as you're crooked but appear friendly, people will respect you.

It appears some crappy imaginations tend to run certain folks out of social decorum. Ndigbo are not minority and never acted as one in Nigerian polity. Ndigbo have collectively chosen a political party regardless who latter becomes the presidential candidate of the party. When a Yoruba man became the presidential candidate of PDP, Ndigbo voted for the political party not necessarily for a Yoruba man. The same happened when a seemingly Ijo dude became the presidential candidate of PDP, again Ndigbo voted for the party not the man. Why are these silly comments of Igbo behaving like a minority did not surface when they overwhelmingly voted for PDP when a Yoruba dude was the flag bearer of the party? It must be recall that Yoruba did not even vote the Yoruba dude who was the flag bearer of the PDP. It appears that certain Igbo dudes hunger for the goofy president of the cesspit called Nigeria.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 1:53am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

Please don't forgot your tribesmen in the south south...We the etches,aniomas,ikas,ndokis,asa e.t.c

Do not forgot you have brothers in the phantom south south that will stand up to protect the interest of the Igbo nation...We are with you.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by deomelo: 2:00am On May 13, 2017
Afam4eva:

You don discourage me even before finishing reading and enjoying your write-up.

The highlight says you are part of the problem since you are part of the victim and blame other people mentality.

I know for a fact that Nigerians don't hate you and it's the other way around.

Ibo people are all over Yorubaland living in peace, doing business and making money, raising families and so on.

Other Nigerians especially Yoruba people hating you is a reflection of your own hate, your state of mind and communal paranoia.

On the other hand, the only hate I see is Ibo people hating not only the rest of Nigeria but also their own Ibo people.

We see and read here every day how Anambra people abuse and treat Imo people like trash and so on.

Handle the hate within your own Ibo community first before facing other people with all that.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 2:12am On May 13, 2017
deomelo:

The highlight says you are part of the problem since you are part of the victim and blame other people mentality.

Ibo people are all over Yorubaland living in peace, doing business and making money, raising families and so on.

Other Nigerians especially Yoruba people hating you is a reflection of your own hate, your state of mind and communal paranoia.

On the other hand, the only hate I see is Ibo people hating not only the rest of Nigeria but also their own Ibo people.

We see and read here every day how Anambra people abuse and treat Imo people like trash and so on.

Handle the hate within your own Ibo community first before facing other people with all that.

Don't start with this anambara/IMO thing...Competition breeds success facts but you can't see them attacking or killing each other if it's like what you said then the Yoruba's arent united because if its not ife vs modakeke it will be eguns vs Yoruba's in Lagos...So please that is not an excuse.. The nigerian government created states/regions while the states and regions they created for Igbo's was to divide us...imagine a stupid military general adding oil rich Igbo communities to form states with other ethnic groups so that there kinsmen will be divided... Imagine the same heartless man taking Igbo towns and communities to form state/regions with other ethnic group so that the Igbo people will be divided... You see it online an Igbo person from IMO can't say asaba is an Igbo town or one oil rich Igbo community in the phantom south south is Igbo land without a madman shouting land grabbing up and down the thread...That's a fact and it was the Nigerian government fault the Igbo nation is not united..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 2:20am On May 13, 2017
deomelo:

Yoruba's don't hate us lol..if they dont hate us why cant they accept that there are indigenous Igbo communities in the south south..I forgot it was even a yoruba man called obasanjo that divided our communities and took away our lands to give other ethnic groups to form states lol...I for one can not hate Yoruba's thus!!! I repeat thus!! Because of wole Soyinka and victor banjo plus all Yoruba soldiers who fought for Biafra.. Thank you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by seunlly(m): 2:22am On May 13, 2017
what are they before?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by deomelo: 2:50am On May 13, 2017
etchenwafor:

Don't start with this anambara/IMO thing
...Competition breeds success facts but you can't see them attacking or killing each other if it's like what you said then the Yoruba's arent united because if its not ife vs modakeke it will be eguns vs Yoruba's in Lagos...So please that is not an excuse.. The nigerian government created states/regions while the states and regions they created for Igbo's was to divide us...imagine a stupid military general adding oil rich Igbo communities to form states with other ethnic groups so that there kinsmen will be divided... Imagine the same heartless man taking Igbo towns and communities to form state/regions with other ethnic group so that the Igbo people will be divided... You see it online an Igbo person from IMO can't say asaba is an Igbo town or one oil rich Igbo community in the phantom south south is Igbo land without a madman shouting land grabbing up and down the thread...That's a fact and it was the Nigerian government fault the Igbo nation is not united..

1. Raining abuse on each other and calling each other derogatory name is hate, not competition.

2. Ibo people not united has nothing to do with the FG and I don't even know why you blame everything on the FG as if you have no leaders, traditional leaders and elders in the SE. Whatever shortcomings you have, you blame the FG and other people.

No entity can disunite a united and stable community.

3. If other people don't like you, maybe you should look at yourself and wonder why people don't like you. Maybe it's how you interact with other people and how annoying you are sometimes.

You want biafra, but you still abuse and claim other people's land as yours, you say you own other people's land and their land is no man's land, you want to claim and join the SS with your biafra pipe dream and they keep telling you that they don't want to be part of your biafra.

At what point do you start questioning your own soul per how you treat other people.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by koropotopoto: 3:35am On May 13, 2017
Ikechu0b:
Which Nigerian politics?

The politics of licking the anus of Northerners just to have a a small percentage of government the north leads

The politics of slaughtering your own and playing a kidnap of girls in order to make government "difficult" because the president is not Northerners

The politics of violence and death in other to win elections

The politics of hatred and down right tribalism in other to seek favor in your election.

The policies of not understanding democracy.

The politics of using children, infants and even animals to rig election.

The politics of death on every corner
The politics that does nothing to improve your countrue butb only your pocket.

I actually expected a lot from you afam4eva but I can see being in this forum so long, your mind has become skewed.

If what is display in Nigeria government us something you wish igbo to play then I pray to God you NEVER reach the level of igbo leadership. Only lords knows the pact of evil you drag us towards.

Lastly, HungerBAD is from South West. I know you've joined Agbagworo is constantly condemning SS despite the fact there are those of us from SS that are the same group as you but at least try and reduce your new found love of trying to imitate those waste okay.
afam igbos are not slaves

we have that noble blood in us that made us unique than afonja.

we don't need Nigerian politics to survive
our fathers survived £20 why not us?

Stop all these wolf cry because igbos are not complaining
we are not cowards we know exactly what we want and we won't give up no matter how long it takes.

you mean the politics of licking one illiterate mallam asss and end up having few political appointees that doesn't add value to an average igbo man
hahahahahahaha politics of a professor of law licking the assss of illiterate mallam who does such in a saner clime?
Igbos are made men
we don't do tugs for one asiwaju
we don't do omonile
we don't do agbero
am sorry we're not intrested in Nigeria politics

kiss the truth

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by koropotopoto: 3:37am On May 13, 2017
[s]
HungerBAD:

Anybody that does not agree with them is Yoruba,and that is just sad.

Childish name calling here does not bother me anyway.
[/s]
shatap

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by koropotopoto: 3:42am On May 13, 2017
[s]
HungerBAD:

[/s]
of course we are of royal blood
we don't lick asss like yerobas cheesy
if that is what you called not being serious
go to hell
Igbos are lovers of freedom and industrious.

those that keep playing that politics since Adam are they better than us in any aspect?
the north that is in power since God knows when are they better than us?
Southwest that are slave to the north despite everything are they doing better than igbos today

that proves that we don't need politics to survive?

declare a regional government today and see those who will be crying of starvation in Just one year grin
i hope that you know that osun has pensioners idp camp cheesy

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by koropotopoto: 3:43am On May 13, 2017
[s]
BabaRamota1980:

[/s]
baba ramotu what are you saying?
always talking trash

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by etchenwafor: 4:01am On May 13, 2017
deomelo:

1. Raining abuse on each other and calling each other derogatory name is hate, not competition.

2. Ibo people not united has nothing to do with the FG and I don't even know why you blame everything on the FG as if you have no leaders, traditional leaders and elders in the SE. Whatever shortcomings you have, you blame the FG and other people.

No entity can disunite a united and stable community.

3. If other people don't like you, maybe you should look at yourself and wonder why people don't like you. Maybe it's how you interact with other people and how annoying you are sometimes.

You want biafra, but you still abuse and claim other people's land as yours, you say you own other people's land and their land is no man's land, you want to claim and join the SS with your biafra pipe dream and they keep telling you that they don't want to be part of your biafra.

At what point do you start questioning your own soul per how you treat other people.

Cc:Ikechuj,ikechuOb
look at what iam saying Yoruba's trying to divide us from our south eastern kins...This same people that said ezeogwu Kaduna who is from asaba is Igbo are now saying asaba is south south and not Igbo...This same people that called the aniomas Igbo's because they did a coup are now saying anioma land is south south and not igbo..There hypocrisy is legendary... this is the main reason they took Igbo communities and lands to add in the south south to make it impossible for Igbo's to unite but there plans will never work..

Now back to you..

Iam etche from etche LGA in rivers and i am Igbo....is asaba a Yoruba town!!! Are aniomas Yoruba, Are ndokis Yoruba's,Are etche Yoruba's,Are ASA people Yoruba's...South south is a political region and its a pity someone of your age can't tell the difference between south south/ethnic group..The igbos In the phantom south south have said they want to join Biafra so what are you talking about...

So you trying to limit Igbo land to south east only forgetting there are Igbo's in the south south...no southeast state have insulted themselves and have never fought themselves compare it to the Yoruba's who always rain curses on ekiti state.. Compare it to modakekes and ife people who almost fought eachother to extinction..Compare it to the way Yoruba's and eguns do fight in Lagos state..last time didn't Yoruba's burn the houses of some eguns in the badagry area of Lagos in which some people even died... You Yoruba's are always ready to find faults in others but forgetting your own faults are there and even growing..

Again we Igbo's in the south south will!!i repeat it!!! Will support out south eastern kins no matter what...Don't try to divide us because it won't work.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by nonsobaba: 5:11am On May 13, 2017
HungerBAD:

If all this gibberish is to make igbos accept APC, you just wasted space here. Okoroawusa is the most hated politician in igboland today, not only because of his association with a fulani supremacist organisation like the APC, but also because of his all-round failure in governance as he sees Imo state as another avenue to continue his 419 business he began in Jos.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Mynd44: 5:29am On May 13, 2017
This is not the worst time for Igbos, it is actually the best time for Igbo piliticians but it takes some dynamic thinking to realize this. Say what you want about Tinubu but he understood this early and he played the game well, "you cannot go and play in the big leagues if you do not have big players who turn up and show up".

What does that mean? Look at the present crop of Political leaders in the SW and immediate environs (from the 6 states to Kogi and Edo) and you can actually pick enough people called "Tinubu boys" who have political clout and weight. These are peoole who have been tested and have the strenght and dynamism. Even those who are deemed estranged like Fayemi and Fasola. And guess what, they also show up meaning they hold down their own house and can turn up political numbers anyday. Do a number of Tinubu Boys in Lagos alone and be shocked, from Hamzat to Leke Pitan. Not trying to praise Tinubu but this type of alliance is needed. I have not seen one single politician in the SE that commands such respect accross the board in the SE. How can you position yourself for National politics if you have not conqured regional politics?

How can you hold your own when you can't show up to a party meeting with atleast 15 boys who are willing to work for you from all the states? Almost every SE politician is just popular in each of his/her state. This is the problem governors who perform like Obaino and talkers (even though he does too much) like Peter Obi has. They need people to fight for them and hold down other states for them.

You call it godfatherism, I say it is alliances. Imagine if Okorocha can boast of having a huge support base from not just Imo but also Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers and Enugu. That is 5 states. He is already in a good position for any political negotiation and he is more likely to get what he asks for if he wants to form an alliance with anyone.

Saraki did not become this influential by locking himself in Kwara did he? No, he played his politics in his region. Same as El Rufai. You guys have no idea the politics that happened on the morning of the primaries between Fashola, El Rufai and Tinubu. That could have cost President Buhari the ticket if not for alliances.

This is also the problem Akpabio has, his support basically stops in Akwa Ibom (which the governor is doing his best to uproot) outside the state, none. Atleast Amaechi even though he is as dramatic as a woman(no disrespect to women) but he is bringing his boys out and giving them posts who will in turn spread his own political clout. This is not national politics, this is regional oooo.

People wonder why the Tinubu group can be so confident about Lagos? Cos they have done the work of 100 years. They have almost every traditional leader, every market leader, every motor park, and almost every structure on the informal side and the formal side, they allow the social media boys do the dirt fight. If you dont know, you cant beat the Tinubu boys on twitter and Facebook. They are too crazy to fight.

This is time for SE politicians to forge intra-regional alliances. Have one or two politicians in the SE and parts of the SS who can boast of atleast 30% of voters in each state in terms of senators, HoRs, state assemblies etc and then launch for the National scale.

Oh, this victim thingy and expecting things to fall into your arms has to stop. Pick yourself up and stop claiming marginalization; everybody in Nigeria has been marginalized but not everyone choose to wear it on their sleeves. Stop attacking other tribes because you feel they have it better or they made better calculations, if you lose, take that L with your chest, go home and work on it, come back to another fight smoking and looking new (political fights are not every 4 years, they are every re-run election, every party ward primary, every local government poll) put your players in position that will help spread your influence so when they call your name in one place, the response is heard from 7 places. That is political influence.

And politicians have to stop looking like tribal bigots (even if you are, you are a politician, polish yourself). See how commissioners in Lagos, went to be senators, ministers and governors. Dont restrict your planning to one tribe. Ambode did a lot of the financing of Edo politics on Tinubu's behalf now, they have a governor they can plan with. Governors in the SE have to capture grounds outside their state, make none indigenes commissioners and advisers and send them to be senators and what have you in their states.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by HungerBAD: 5:44am On May 13, 2017
Mynd44:
This is not the worst time for Igbos, it is actually the best time for Igbo piliticians but it takes some dynamic thinking to realize this. Say what you want about Tinubu but he understood this early and he played the game well, "you cannot go and play in the big leagues if you do not have big player who turn up and show up".

What does that mean? Look at the present crop of Political leaders in the SW and immediate environs (from the 6 states to Kogi and Edo) and you can actually pick enough people called "Tinubu boys" who have political clout and weight. These are peoole who have been tested and have the strenght and dynamism. Even those who are deemed estranged like Fayemi and Fasola. And guess what, they also show up meaning they hold down their own house and can turn up political numbers anyday. Do a number of Tinubu Boys in Lagos alone and be shocked, from Hamzat to Leke Pitan. Not trying to praise Tinubu but this type of alliance is needed. I have not seen one single politician in the SE that commands such respect accross the board in the SE. How can you position yourself for National politics if you have not conqured regional politics?

How can you hold your own when you can't show up to a party meeting with atleast 15 boys who are willing to work for you from all the states? Almost every SE politician is just popular in each of his/her state. This is the problem governors who perform like Obaino and talkers (even though he does too much) like Peter Obi has. They need people to fight for them and hold down other states for them.

You call it godfatherism, I say it is alliances. Imagine if Okorocha can boast of having a huge support base from not just Imo but also Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers and Enugu. That is 5 states. He is already in a good position for any political negotiation and he is more likely to get what he asks for if he wants to form an alliance with anyone.

Saraki did not become this influential by locking himself in Kwara did he? No, he played his politics in his region. Same as El Rufai. You guys have no idea the politics that happened on the morning of the primaries between Fashola, El Rufai and Tinubu. That could have cost President Buhari the ticket if not for alliances.

This is also the problem Akpabio has, his support basically stops in Akwa Ibom (which the governor is doing his best to uproot) outside the state, none. Atleast Amaechi even though he is as dramatic as a woman(no disrespect to women) but he is bringing his boys out and giving them posts who will in turn spread his own political clout. This is not national politics, this is regional oooo.

People wonder why the Tinubu group can be so confident about Lagos? Cos they have done the work of 100 years. They have almost every traditional leader, every market leader, every motor park, and almost every structure on the informal side and the formal side, they allow the social media boys do the dirt fight. If you dont know, you cant beat the Tinubu boys on twitter and Facebook. They are too crazy to fight.

This is time for SE politicians to forge intra-regional alliances. Have one or two politicians in the SE and parts of the SS who can boast of atleast 30% of voters in each state in terms of senators, HoRs, state assemblies etc and then launch for the National scale.

Oh, this victim thingy and expecting things to fall into your arms has to stop. Pick yourself up and stop claiming marginalization; everybody in Nigeria has been marginalized but not everyone choose to wear it on their sleeves. Stop attacking other tribes because you feel they have it better or they made better calculations, if you lose, take that L with your chest, go home and work on it, come back to another fight smoking and looking new (political fights are not every 4 years, they are every re-run election, every party ward primary, every local government poll) put your players in position that will help spread your influence so when they call your name in one place, the response is heard from 7 places. That is political influence.

And politicians have to stop looking like tribal bigots (even if you are, you are a politician, polish yourself). See how commissioners in Lagos, went to be senators, ministers and governors. Dont restrict your planning to one tribe. Ambode did a lot of the financing of Edo politics on Tinubu's behalf now, they have a governor they can plan with. Governors in the SE have to capture grounds outside their state, make none indigenes commissioners and advisers and send them to be senators and what have you in their states.

I have been on Nairaland for 2 years now and this is the first time i am seeing your write up.

I am HungerBAD and i approve your message.

A very intelligent write up. Afam4eva,take a look at this analysis. Other Easterners should read this analysis to Learn one or two things on how politics is done.

This self pity/we are victims cry of the East has stopped meaning anything to some of us a long time ago.

Instead of you guys to rally around Obaino or Okorocha,or even Ngige to forge a strong alliance.

You guys are busy rallying around someone that is destined for the prison one way or the other,like Nnamdi Kanu.

Rallying around some one without any political base like Kanu, is tantamount to a farmer planting yams in the dry season.

And so far,the Easterners have been planting political seriousness in the dry season and when it is harvest time,they harvest nothing.

For once the Eastern Politicians should be politically wise,and you will see how you will become the Virgin Bride everybody wants to marry and will be coming to meet.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 5:47am On May 13, 2017
koropotopoto:

afam igbos are not slaves

we have that noble blood in us that made us unique than afonja.

we don't need Nigerian politics to survive
our fathers survived £20 why not us?

Stop all these wolf cry because igbos are not complaining
we are not cowards we know exactly what we want and we won't give up no matter how long it takes.

you mean the politics of licking one illiterate mallam asss and end up having few political appointees that doesn't add value to an average igbo man
hahahahahahaha politics of a professor of law licking the assss of illiterate mallam who does such in a saner clime?
Igbos are made men
we don't do tugs for one asiwaju
we don't do omonile
we don't do agbero
am sorry we're not intrested in Nigeria politics

kiss the truth
Do you need the £20 i have to spare? grin

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Stop Acting Like Minorities And Play Nigerian Politics by madridguy(m): 5:54am On May 13, 2017
Observing.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers Gov’t To Prosecute Owner Of Collapsed 7-storey Building, Others / Pressure On Goje To Accept Lawan For Senate President / Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.