Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

What Is Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Hell? (751 Views)

Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Mere Noise From Hell, It's Just Like Fever / Did You Know That The Esoteric Etymology Of The Name Nigeria Is HELL / Is Hell Fire Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Hell? by uncletbuddy(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
I was given an assignment to write on Sheol, Hades, Hell and Lake of fire, as well as to find out who punishes sinners in hell. I thought it was a piece of cake which I could write on easily with enough scripture to back my stand until I started. It was obvious that aside my view and definition of hell as a place of torment where those who fail to walk in light would find themselves, I have no clear picture if its actually a fire or nothing really happens to those who die in sin, they just remain in the grave until the white throne judgement as described in Revelation 20:4-5. shocked(that means after the 1000 mellinium reign of Christ) if that is the case the word hell simply means grave and the only punishment is when the grave and death would be thrown into the lake of fire as written in Rev. 20:14. That means both the righteous and unrighteous are in the grave waiting for the appointed time of their fate... I'm confuse! Hell as emphasized is just an illusion?

The number of years in the faith truly does not determine your knowledge of it.
Pls help me explain this concept if you can.
Thanks.
Re: What Is Hell? by Deicide: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
Hell (Sheol) [Jewish Mythology] = The place of the Dead Both Sinners And Non Sinners Go there

Hell(Hades) [Greek Mythology]= A place Where Evil people And are Being Tortured and Tormented

Hell(Hell Fire)[Christian Mythology]= A place Filled With Ever lasting fire Where Sinners Go to And Are Being Tortured and Tormented

In Christian Mythology It's Gods Angel That Torment People In Hell Fire...

1 Like

Re: What Is Hell? by twosquare(m): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
uncletbuddy:
I was given an assignment to write on Sheol, Hades, Hell and Lake of fire, as well as to find out who punishes sinners in hell. I thought it was a piece of cake which I could write on easily with enough scripture to back my stand until I started. It was obvious that aside my view and definition of hell as a place of torment where those who fail to walk in light would find themselves, I have no clear picture if its actually a fire or nothing really happens to those who die in sin, they just remain in the grave until the white throne judgement as described in Revelation 20:4-5. shocked(that means after the 1000 mellinium reign of Christ) if that is the case the word hell simply means grave and the only punishment is when the grave and death would be thrown into the lake of fire as written in Rev. 20:14. That means both the righteous and unrighteous are in the grave waiting for the appointed time of their fate... I'm confuse! Hell as emphasized is just an illusion?

The number of years in the faith truly does not determine your knowledge of it.
Pls help me explain this concept if you can.
Thanks.
Hell is a place of torment like you said—think of it as a prison yard like kirikiri but he who punishes there are demons and their chiefs. They are the ones in charge of that place as given to them by Satan. Those who disobey God goes there. The scripture says whoever continues to sin is of the devil (paraphrase), so these devils just take the souls that belong to them because they have same thing in common. God doesn't put people in hell. But He will put people in lake of fire. Lake of fire is superior to hell as evident in Revelations where it was said that hell, hades were cast into the Lake. Lake is God's own torment prepared for devil and his angels...men were not meant to be a partaker of such but when you have the mark of the beast (by becoming one with satan), such a person don become a lake material be that. So, those fake prophets were first thrown into it (these are men) before satan and his angels/demons. Lake of Fire is God's 'official technology' of destroying these wicked spirits...he gave that judgment a long time ago and waited till Revelations to prove that His judgement on these wicked spirits were right. Hell is not an illusion, it is a fiery world like earth where evil spirits were cast to before they seized the governance of the earth from Adam. So, what were these spirits doing down there? They created prisons for men, all kinds of torture you cannot imagine and disobedients souls were kept there, except from Abraham's bosom. So, when they took over, one thing they did is to make hell adaptable to earth by introducing hellish culture (things) in camouflage. The grave (Sheol, Hades) are all for dead people. But something changed when the last Adam went there and resurrected; every activities in Sheol/Hades and Hell stopped because Jesus took over that territory for that 3 days- O'death where is thy sting, O' grave where is thy victory? (Rev 1:18—he has the keys of Death and Hades). He was preaching to them for 3 days—even to the disobedient souls in the days of Noah, and many of the saints in Abraham's bosom visited the holy city of Jerusalem and appeared unto many, and people in Hades/Hell were let loose for believing in Him. Great things happened that day-for the scripture says graves were opened.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Hell? by uncletbuddy(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Pls I need bible passage to explain vividly how hell is a place of torment, of course our mortal body don't go there...
Thanks in advance
Re: What Is Hell? by otemanuduno: 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
uncletbuddy:
Pls I need bible passage to explain vividly how hell is a place of torment, of course our mortal body don't go there...
Thanks in advance
Hell fire is a place created by a god called El(Elohim) initially, but when Nymphidis(Yahweh/Satan) became great, he took over Hell from El and adopted it for his worshippers who didn't meet up to his own standard:
Read the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH FOR THE ORIGIN OF HELL BEGINNING IN THE PERIODS OF THE HOMINIDS AND NEANDERTHALS. Just click on the link in my signature.
Re: What Is Hell? by DoctorAlien(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
Uncletbuddy,

Good evening. Please follow this link to find 100% biblical expositions on the issue of hell-fire.

Thank you.
Re: What Is Hell? by Wilgrea7(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2016
OP. your questions are well answered... please do well to visit the links below
http://www.hellhadesafterlife.com/hell http://www.hellhadesafterlife.com/tag/sheol http://www.hellhadesafterlife.com/tag/gehenna
God bless
Re: What Is Hell? by wendixx(f): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2016
twosquare:
Hell is a place of torment like you said—think of it as a prison yard like kirikiri but he who punishes there are demons and their chiefs. They are the ones in charge of that place as given to them by Satan. Those who disobey God goes there. The scripture says whoever continues to sin is of the devil (paraphrase), so these devils just take the souls that belong to them because they have same thing in common. God doesn't put people in hell. But He will put people in lake of fire. Lake of fire is superior to hell as evident in Revelations where it was said that hell, hades were cast into the Lake. Lake is God's own torment prepared for devil and his angels...men were not meant to be a partaker of such but when you have the mark of the beast (by becoming one with satan), such a person don become a lake material be that. So, those fake prophets were first thrown into it (these are men) before satan and his angels/demons. Lake of Fire is God's 'official technology' of destroying these wicked spirits...he gave that judgment a long time ago and waited till Revelations to prove that His judgement on these wicked spirits were right. Hell is not an illusion, it is a fiery world like earth where evil spirits were cast to before they seized the governance of the earth from Adam. So, what were these spirits doing down there? They created prisons for men, all kinds of torture you cannot imagine and disobedients souls were kept there, except from Abraham's bosom. So, when they took over, one thing they did is to make hell adaptable to earth by introducing hellish culture (things) in camouflage. The grave (Sheol, Hades) are all for dead people. But something changed when the last Adam went there and resurrected; every activities in Sheol/Hades and Hell stopped because Jesus took over that territory for that 3 days- O'death where is thy sting, O' grave where is thy victory? (Rev 1:18—he has the keys of Death and Hades). He was preaching to them for 3 days—even to the disobedient souls in the days of Noah, and many of the saints in Abraham's bosom visited the holy city of Jerusalem and appeared unto many, and people in Hades/Hell were let loose for believing in Him. Great things happened that day-for the scripture says graves were opened.

WOW!! Go on, I'm enjoying this. Please continue smiley
twosquare:

WOW!! Go on, I'm enjoying this. Please continue

1 Like

Re: What Is Hell? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
The underworld. It is ruled by Hades, brother to Poseidon and Zeus.

It was rebranded and called Pluto by the Romans. .

No matter;
Hell is...........here, in a Nigerian Jail cell undecided
Re: What Is Hell? by ScienceWatch: 4:07am On Jan 14, 2017
This is the only way I can describe hell in a practical way. Language just cant do it.

Atheism is a mental disorder or illness :

By now we all realize the terrible inner suffering of the atheist. God will not be mocked !

The results of this study have unnerved even the most stoic scientists, physicians and researchers.

New information from a 22-year old study at a German University has many psychiatrists and psychologists throughout the world wondering if atheism is a sign or warning of a more serious mental illness already present or in the process of developing.

Doctors are searching for a gene [/b]that might cause a correlation between serious mental illness and what they are calling “overt atheism.”

[b]Emmanuel TV is a golden opportunity for atheists world wide
to study freely in private and examine the evidence. They will make progress if they put aside their racism. God is revealing Himself mightily through a black man. Examine the evidence not the man's color !

Richard Dawkins : going insane. He encouraged his deluded followers to look in a mirror and repeat to themselves that they and their great, great, great grand mothers and fathers were fish.

Atheist Josef Stalin : for thirty years, until his death in 1953, Josef Stalin was the mass-murdering atheist dictator of Soviet Russia.

He was also a fool.
Muggeridge had collaborated with Svetlana Stalin, Josef Stalin’s daughter, on a BBC documentary about her God-hating father. She recounted his last act of defiant rebellion against the Creator: “As Stalin lay dying, going insane, plagued with terrifying hallucinations, he suddenly sat halfway up in bed, clenched his fist toward the heavens once more, fell back upon his pillow, and was dead.”

“His one last gesture,” observed Zacharias, “was a clenched fist toward God, his heart as cold and hard as steel.”
In my experience it is something common among atheists: an inexplicable, incongruent and visceral hatred for the very God they imagine does not exist.

Mel Gibson an atheist, is another famous person whose name was dragged through the mud because of mental illness – the celebrated actor and director struggles with bipolar I disorder, previously known as manic-depressive disorder. The condition is characterized by episodes of extreme mania and even more extreme depression. In addition to the disorder, Gibson also had severe problems with alcohol and was arrested on DIU charges in 2006 (he also attacked the sheriff and made scandalous anti-Semitic comments).

Catherine Zeta Jones An atheist, Though she kept her mental illness as a secret for many years, Catherine Zeta-Jones opened up about mental illness a few years back and revealed that she suffered from bipolar II disorder, an illness which had taken control of her entire life and affected her career.

Drew Carey, a quite atheist, has never been ashamed to admit that he suffered from mental problems, depression and even tried to take his own life on more than one occasion.

Britney Spears atheism almost ended badly , Pop princess Britney Spears was America’s sweetheart until her life and career started falling apart a few years back after mental illness: she shaved her beautiful golden hair, became violent, and struggled with several addictions. On top of it all, the teen idol suffered a public mental breakdown and eventually lost custody over her two kids.

Brooke Shields atheism affected her life, Instead of enjoying motherhood, model, and actress Brooke Shields an active atheist, suffered from a severe case of postpartum depression and mental illness. She came clean about her condition in an effort to help other moms to deal with the horrors of postnatal depression.

Emma Thompson a proud atheist, One of the greatest actresses of our time, Emma Thompson also dealt with mental deseases, extreme depression and was unable to get out of bed at times. Talking about her illness, Thompson revealed that she had done everything possible to ignore the voices in her head, a task that proved to be too overwhelming for the actress.

Carrie Fisher is an agnostic/atheist celebrity who has mental problems, bipolar I disorder. Unaware of her illness, After experiencing a psychotic breakdown, 15 years after her first diagnosis was made, Fisher finally realized things had gone too far.

Elton John, an atheist said he would ban religion. Everyone knows that Sir Elton John had mental problems, battled drug abuse, bulimia.
another eating disorder of chewing and spitting. but not many people are aware that the legendary musician also suffered from bulimia.

Margot Kidder an atheist, Some of you may remember Margot Kidder’s public breakdown when she disappeared for a few days and actually became a street person. She was found in a horrible state and placed into psychiatric care. Speaking of one of her many episodes, she said: I was like one of those ladies you see talking to the space aliens on the street corner in New York.

Kurt Cobain a Satanist an atheist, was an amazingly talented, mentally disturbed singer who put an end to his own life at the young age of 27. However, his world was definitely a dark one, and Cobain was simply unable to cope with mental illness, drug addiction, and fame. The grunge legend was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder, bipolar disorder, and major depression – conditions that all led to his untimely death

Jean Claude Van Damme an atheist, Belgian-born actor and martial artist Jean-Claude Van Damme suffers from bipolar disorder, a mental illness that is characterized by a much faster transition from highs to lows. When he was a teenager, Van Damme struggled with depression

Actress Drew Barrymore use to wear the Hitler swastika, also was mentally disturbed bipolar disorder and suffers from panic attacks. On top of it all, she was also addicted to alcohol and drugs.Drew has self-proclaimed herself as ‘crazy’ and doesn’t care what other people think. As a matter of fact, it seems that she is proud of being ‘crazy’ and often describes her entire family with the same way.

Demi Lovato also an atheist, suffering mental problems, When you’re dealing with bulimia, bipolar disorder, and addiction at the same time, life must seem hopeless. And this is exactly how Demi Lovato felt in 2010, the year when her problems became too serious and she had to check into a rehabilitation center for assistance.

Jim Carrey an atheist, It’s not the first time that we hear about comedic actors who are, in fact, the saddest actors with mental disorders. Ace Ventura, Mask, and Dumb And Dumber

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka’s Comment On Religion Unfair, Unkind, Say CAN, JNI / Virgin Mary Statue Appearing To “cry Blood” Shocks Worshipers In Argentina. / I Need Answers To These Questions Pls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.