Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,423 members, 7,826,652 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People (907 Views)

Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded / Mali Welcomes Mamoudou Gassama As A Hero (Photos) / Wounded Cameroonian Soldiers Being Treated After Gun Battle With Boko Haram.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by hotbullion: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ako Aburrahman, also known as Ako Duzi, is a Kurdish Peshmerga fighter in Iraq who is a real life hero.

ISIS forces attacked the province of Kirkuk in Iraq and several people were injured. Ako Duzi was not in the area at the time of the attack but immediately a friend called and informed him, he swung into action.

Fortunately, he had just recently acquired a bullet-proof BMW 7 Series (90s model) for his personal use (for $9,000), and he decided to get right into the battle field and rescue the wounded from the area as no one else could dare venture into the area with bullets whizzing all over.

His BMW, already with a camo design on the hood, became his Armoured Personnel Carrier and with it, he successfully rescued 70 wounded people including Kurds, Arabs and Turkmen from the battlefield to hospitals.

In his words: “after we arrived at the scene, we saw many wounded individuals among the security forces and civilians and no one was able to approach them due to the IS snipers. Therefore we decided to help those wounded people since bullets could not penetrate my car.”

Yes, the bullets didn't penetrate his car but the car took direct hits of between 50 and 60 bullets and eventually broke down due to the battering during his movement.

According to a statement by Abu to PJMedia : “the ISIS bullets were coming in my direction. I saw death with my own eyes. Yet, I did not stop what I was doing. I could not leave the wounded in limbo. The only thing I cared about was getting the wounded into my car and driving them to the hospital.”

The man is sooooooo (emphasis, mine) patriotic that BMW offered to trade Ako his bullet-riddled E32 for a brand-new BMW so that they can display his heroic car in their museum, but he turned them down, instead prefers to donate the car to a local museum.

God bless you bro.

Culled from www.naijacarlovers.com

Pic 1 is the Governor of Kirkuk thanking him.
Other pics are of the hero BMW.

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by ajigiteri(m): 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
Why did he turn them down. I am sure this can not happen in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by decatalyst(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
He practically risked his life to save lives.

How many Nigerian politician will do this even after we queue in sun and rain to voted for them and they sifon our national money?

It's time to have a serious thinking before making another costly decision come next election.

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by olatade(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
Arabian James Bond (007) cool

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by capatainrambo: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
wow that's some hero

he has a good heart see Stella oduah won't even try this fucikin thief

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by PeridotBelle(f): 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2016
What a courageous man

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by Justiyke4u: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
very rare

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by lastbaff(m): 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2016
Correct guy. Him really try oo

Do you like my signature?

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
My Friend Ako Duzi you are a great Man. For you to risk your Life and that car is just Amazing.

1 Like

Re: See Hero Who Used His Personal Bulletproof BMW To Carry 70 Wounded People by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
Nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Millions Sign Petition Urging Electoral College To Elect Hillary Clinton / 10 Artist Performing On Trump's Inauguration / Finally, Gambian Dictator Yayha Jammeh Leaves Banjul Today Into Exile - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.