Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (20885 Views)

Lazy Mobile Brands Inducing People To Demarket Competitior Brands / Things To Consider When Buying Smartphones. / 6 Ways To Prevent Your Smartphones From Overheating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by ItzHoludex(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2016
ahn lyk 1 rubbish phone I used called OBI,
it has all d problems listed here
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Youngpo413:
Example, Gfive, wiko, thl, Asus, gowin and sharp.
i bet u know nothing about asus. their popular products are the zenphone and zenbook laptop amongst others. zenbook is known for its thinness, top notch specs and aggressive performance.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Whizpeter(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2016
AGUBANZE:
Na so i buy one of those phones only to look for the battery through out the whole of my state,see am for where?. Na boys latter construct battery for me

How did they do that
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by ogundeleai(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2016
henryobinna:
nice points you have there OP,

but worst is when you don't check out The Most Comprehensive Guide To Buy Your Next Smartphone http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html
You nailed it perfectly. Average Nigerians don't ask themselves what actually they want before putting money down not only on phones but accross board especially electronic gadgets..
It's better imagine when someone put down over 30k for a phone with 1GB RAM
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 10, 2016
Although Gionee is now a popular brand in Nigeria They released Gionee M3 Mini only in nigeria and my phone power switch flex got cut no spare parts available while their Service centre is nothing but Gibberish
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by DCMIX(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2016
Youngpo413:
Example, Gfive, wiko, thl, Asus, gowin and sharp.
where are u from? asus and wiko are known companies even sharp don dey exist b4 dem born u
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by martineverest(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2016
ollah1:

Taiwan!
tho,u are more correct...taiwan is 'china'.......republic of china,chinese taipei,chinese island etc are all names used to refer taiwan
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2016
martineverest:
tho,u are more correct...taiwan is 'china'.......republic of china,chinese taipei,chinese island etc are all names used to refer taiwan

Yes but to make thing simple and straigh. Asus is a Taiwanese company.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by bobo65(m): 11:41am On Nov 10, 2016
ItzHoludex:
ahn lyk 1 rubbish phone I used called OBI,

it has all d problems listed here

Lolzzzzz
Obi Na my guy for alaba o grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by eleojo23: 11:44am On Nov 10, 2016
CuteTj:

You seem to have forgotten that you can no longer pay for anything denominated in foreign currency with your naira mastercard. And you know those online stores list their products only in foreign currency.

Although you can use your dollar debit card, how many Nigerians have domiciliary accounts?

It's been a while I made an online purchase.
But wait o.
Are you saying that we cant use naira MasterCard to make payments to online shops like amazon, etc?
So Paypal isn't working with our MasterCard currently?
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by martineverest(m): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2016
ollah1:

Yes but to make thing simple and straigh. Asus is a Taiwanese company.
ok
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Horlufemi(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2016
I bought my Nexus 5X from us.

No screen protector here

No Case for protection

The white back got some stains and I used water to clean the back then the fingerprint scanner got spoilt.

Went to Ikeja to find the fingerprint scanner I didn't even see one.

I have ordered it now they are telling me to wait latest December 28.

I taya sad
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by henryobinna(m): 11:50am On Nov 10, 2016
ogundeleai:

You nailed it perfectly. Average Nigerians don't ask themselves what actually they want before putting money down not only on phones but accross board especially electronic gadgets..
It's better imagine when someone put down over 30k for a phone with 1GB RAM

the bold is really annoying

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by kmaxx(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2016
danjumakolo:
Hmm.. It all depend on your knowledge sha.

Ram,camera,battery are awesome even more than flagships.

I buy the parts from the company site.In fact I just ordered the USB/charging port at $5 with free shipping.
Update is no issue for me...as they have gvn the device, kernel and vendor blobs for development. I intend to compile aosp 7.1 nougat this weekend.
So generally I am influence by flagships...My phone is now 3 years old and still fresh...The good thing is anytime I bring the phn out,I must get a compliment from smn

Sorry, what make of phone are you referring to?
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by kmaxx(m): 12:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
CuteTj:

You seem to have forgotten that you can no longer pay for anything denominated in foreign currency with your naira mastercard. And you know those online stores list their products only in foreign currency.

Although you can use your dollar debit card, how many Nigerians have domiciliary accounts?

You can still pay through an agent.
Even here on NL, you would find trust worthy dudes who can make payment on your behalf and ship your parcel down for a token (commission).

Enjoy!
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Sharon6(f): 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
bonetalk:

how much did u get it and from where did u get it?

It's $170 and you'll have to multiply that with the current exchange rate.
I bought it 65k few months ago on Jumia. Sadly it's no longer on Jumia.
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Obagoblog(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
Berbierklaus:

I fell victim of this exact Alcatel popstar,I regret buying that phone.

The screen had problems I sent the phone even to Lagos,yet no spare part for it.
imagine

And I came up with this post because of my last used Alcatel onetouch fierce...
No spare part for mouthpiece
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Berbierklaus(f): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
Obagoblog:

And I came up with this post because of my last used Alcatel onetouch fierce... No spare part for mouthpiece
Let me have the screen of your phone to repair mine then grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by ItzHoludex(m): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
bobo65:

Lolzzzzz
Obi Na my guy for alaba o grin
lolz asiin d phone worst die
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by MilesLamar(m): 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2016
heba
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2016
kmaxx:

Sorry, what make of phone are you referring to?

Its called OPPO n1
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
Ebuka2016:

which phone is dat?

Its OPPO n1...
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Obagoblog(m): 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
Berbierklaus:

Let me have the screen of your phone to repair mine then grin
Madam berbie, if u want the screen, oya come and collect it..

I should av given it to u if not that I don't give girls things, they do...
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by srrrr(m): 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
Obagoblog:
I will be sharing some of the problems of these phones from my little experience.

Disadvantages of Smartphones from unpopular or new Brands

1. Testing Mode
All these newly launched mobile phone companies are too early to give you a standard device like the ones that existing before then. Rome was not built in a day
and a journey of 5000 miles always start with a step. So, these companies will definitely start from somewhere just like their predecessors by producing a low-quality phone with some enticing specs to attract people. That's why their smartphone devices are always cheap and affordable.

2. Scarcity or unavailability of phone parts
Another shortcoming of using these type of phones is the frustration and depression you will get when you discover that you can get a part replacement for your
faulty phone. Am saying this from what I experienced some weeks ago when my Alcatel one touch develop a mouth-piece problem and the only solution is to get
another mouth-pieces because the one inside the phone has been damaged by a careless repairer. But to my greatest surprise, we are unable to get another mouth-pieces
that will work for my phone. No Alcatel office in my area. The only option left for me then was to pick calls with ear pieces.

3. Poor Battery Capacity
Don't be deceive by what you see (battery capacity), many of them don't last long and their rate of charging is always slow. But we do have some of them that
come with good lasting battery especially the ones whose battery are non-removable.

4. Annoying in-built Applications
The most annoying part is when you want to delete them and you find out you can't or if you delete them, there is a probability that your smartphone will start
malfunctioning. If you see apps with languages you don't understand, then you should the phone is designed for countries speaking that particular language only.

5. Softwares are not available online
If you are a tech enthusiasts who love to do wonders with any smartphone you lay your hands on like modifying, customizing, upgrading the ROM, etc, I will advise
you not to try it with these types of smartphone because you might regret it. Even their custom ROM is not available online.

6. Poor Camera
Talking about their rear cameras, they are fair and okay. Why won't they be okay when this is one of the physical features that will entice people to buy their
device. But, believe you me, their front camera will discourage you. A phone with a good rear camera but a poor frontal camera is a no go for me.

7. Poor Multi-tasking
Another con is poor multi-tasking. Even with a good processor type and size and RAM above 1GB, try opening just few Application and your phone will start
lagging because the RAM space left to run the apps with very low as the unnecessary inbuilt apps have taken all the space.

8. No Nearby Office
Do you know the kind of rest of mind you will get and how relaxed you will be when your faulty smartphone is being repaired by repairers working for the mobile
company whose product you are using, Customer care will be there to attend to you and changing of battery, charger and other things will be easier for you.

You can add yours

Source: http://www.obagoblog.com/2016/11/disadvantages-buying-unpopular-smartphones.html
what of Xiaomi
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Berbierklaus(f): 5:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
Obagoblog:

Madam berbie, if u want the screen, oya come and collect it..

I should av given it to u if not that I don't give girls things, they do...
Are you implying I give you the mouthpiece of mine? shocked
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by kmaxx(m): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
danjumakolo:

Its called OPPO n1
Never heard of this one before ooh. Is it sold in Nigeria?
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by tegak10: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
Sharon6:
The only point I agree with is Point no 2 but then you can always buy any replacement parts online.
I use a cubot device, cubot h2 to be precise and believe me sincerely this is the best android phone I've used so far. I've used HTC and Samsung but this phone beats them hands down. Battery superb, front camera o, back camera o, 3gb ram, 16gb rom, superb gaming experience etc etc. Although this device is unpopular, I don't have any regret whatsoever.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

when the screen breaks and you can't find replacement in this planet ull know cubot ko
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
kmaxx:

Never heard of this one before ooh. Is it sold in Nigeria?

Got it from their site.

They are currently no1 in China

Google it ....bought mi e $458 when $/#160
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Revolva(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
i use a Motorola android fone
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by 1Kaycee1(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
Ddavid64:
this OP wan make me change my mind now
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Sowl(m): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2016
danjumakolo:
Hmm.. It all depend on your knowledge sha.

Ram,camera,battery are awesome even more than flagships.

I buy the parts from the company site.In fact I just ordered the USB/charging port at $5 with free shipping.
Update is no issue for me...as they have gvn the device, kernel and vendor blobs for development. I intend to compile aosp 7.1 nougat this weekend.
So generally I am influence by flagships...My phone is now 3 years old and still fresh...The good thing is anytime I bring the phn out,I must get a compliment from smn

Please can you help me with how to go about updating my oukitel k6000-pro to the latest Android OS.... Have tried it but not getting it
Re: Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
you are right the original infinix zero had a good camera but its flash was basically rendered useless by some weird hardware defect and it had overheating issues especially if I was gaming and charging

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best / The 4 Best Smartphones To Buy Right Now / Glo Blackberry Subscription(daily)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.