Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,962 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) (9843 Views)

2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Interior Spied With Massive Infotainment Touchscreen / Mercedes C Class W202: The 3 Pointed Star Never Dies / See What This Guy Did To His Toyota Camry Pencil Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
royallord1:

not too long i changed the outer shaft head before dis gave way...
note this did give any sign...although i blamed my mechanic cos he should habe detected .. he claimed it was completly sealed and no way to find out...
i really dont blame him cause the road to my house id terrible... but yet my benz doesnt give me problems at all
when you change at intervals change all. and most importantly don't buy anything tokunbo parts or Chinese new... get the OEM...they last.. the Benz has a more sturdy build but has a lot of problems bedevilling it too

when you encounter a smart key problem with SAM problems or fuel sender issues as well as a plethora of other things like harness wires for the engine... baba Benz Mechanics are not too full of joy
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by abbacar: 11:27pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by abbacar: 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
NgcoboP:

yes he's correct. small entry level sedans....

the Camry is a midlevel executive sedan same as the E klasse Benz ... this has been trashed severally on Nairaland
and if you want a response from me next timeo please address me politely or I'd be happy to ignore you.
i really dont give any thoughts if u responded or not just dont support what is nt correct.
@ BOLDED -royallord didnt argue majorly on d comparison of camry and e class even though the dude used the word response; all he is trying to say is that d dude should not equate c class and corolla as the are not the same -like royal said, it would have been fair comparing it to the avensis not corolla.
kapish!
mind you the c class is no small level entry... if that is wat u implied
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 11, 2016
abbacar:

i really dont give any thoughts if u responded or not just dont support what is nt correct.
@ BOLDED -royallord didnt argue majorly on d comparison of camry and e class even though the dude used the word response; all he is trying to say is that d dude should not equate c class and corolla as the are not the same -like royal said, it would have been fair comparing it to the avensis not corolla.
kapish!
I agree with him based on the given classification
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 11:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
NgcoboP:

when you change at intervals change all. and most importantly don't buy anything tokunbo parts or Chinese new... get the OEM...they last.. the Benz has a more sturdy build but has a lot of problems bedevilling it too

when you encounter a smart key problem with SAM problems or fuel sender issues as well as a plethora of other things like harness wires for the engine... baba Benz Mechanics are not too full of joy
like i said earlier when some one who raised this same issues ..
the cars in comparism has no such problems...
non the less.. even toyota has similiar problem
from various key sensor issues .. to electrical problem
and yes i buy new oem parts..
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 5:29am On Nov 12, 2016
Jazzlite:

a perfect adjective for you if you have been in 5 benz whatsapp forums and still spew rubbish... well thick skull has no cure

You just even exposed your ignorance the more. You're calling kingreign; how many benz WhatsApp group is he in before he comes to defend you that are in 5 benz WhatsApp group grin ?- FYI, I am in one of those your "5 benz whatsapp group". I even happen to be one of the pioneers of that WhatsApp group. Smartchoice is in one but Shoppy, Bigmeat and Engr. Kells are in the other. Or should I call more names for you that you don't even know? wink It's either you don't know how to read or you lack basic understanding of English or you're blind (maybe you have cataract, glaucoma or something) which may have been the cause of you not reading and understanding this thread.
Here are the basis for the comparison (in bold) from the topic:
"[quote author=Philadelphia post=50905285]It's now a cliché to new entrants and old vehicle users that if you want a car that is cheap, easy to maintain and fuel economical that you should go for camry or anything Toyota. Everyday, we hear and see people's Toyota cars (especially camry) stolen. I created this thread to compare these cars in terms or reality and not "dem say" or my mechanic say.
Let's compare these cars in terms of
1.) Price of shock absorbers.
2.) Price of break lads.
3.) Engine and gear prices.
4.) Fuel pumps price
5.) Anything else fuel consumption, how much to get a clean Nigerian used (tokunboh fit high because of exchange rates)
."

If you can't understand this from here, then I have to leave you to wallow and rot further in your dilapidated state of ignorance.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 5:33am On Nov 12, 2016
abbacar:

kapish!

Seconded! All in favour like this grin post and all against share it.
The I's have it; even for senate, na them dey get am wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 5:36am On Nov 12, 2016
NgcoboP:

don't be ignorant. that man is very correct.

Explain how he is correct so we don't classify you with him. We may end up comparing you both or should I say you are a response to him? grin

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 5:38am On Nov 12, 2016
NgcoboP:

who tells you that Benz is cheaper to maintain? you must be dreaming

Prove it to us that it is not cheaper to maintain. That's why I have created this thread.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 12, 2016
Philadelphia:

Explain how he is correct so we don't classify you with him. We may end up comparing you both or should I say you are a response to him? grin
hnnnn
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 12, 2016
Philadelphia:

Prove it to us that it is not cheaper to maintain. That's why I have created this thread.
Hi Phil long time.... Of course where the Toyota will forgive you Benz won't. Moreover it is better to do a comparison of the new condition of the two brands...

If you are looking at reliability of the two using brand new cars as example... The Toyota has the tendency to be more reliable going by online surveys..of users.. the reason might be due to the simplicity of the Toyota brand in comparison with the Mercedes Benz... But nothing compares to the feel of the Mercedes Benz on the road... I think that man is just equating or rather comparing based on the vehicle sizes

On cost of maintenance using OEM non aftermarket parts both are costs almost same if not exactly same... Toyota parts don't come cheap.... Just like Benz... and unfortunately the Toyota has a higher demand compared to Benz hence higher prices..... But comparing the c klasse W202 aftermarket parts with corolla or Camry of same year in Nigeria.... The Benz costs about three times less to maintain than the Toyota.... And Benz parts last three times more

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Jazzlite: 10:46am On Nov 12, 2016
c klasse is an entry level executive sedan at least until 1997. Don't argue.

abbacar:

kapish!

https://www.nairaland.com/1895540/paying-car-kindly-advice
http://carsort.com/compare/Mercedes-Benz-C-Class-vs-Toyota-Corolla

https://www.nairaland.com/1814489/benz-c180-vs-toyota-camry

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by fabienjoe: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2016
NgcoboP:

yes he's correct. small entry level sedans....

the Camry is a midlevel executive sedan same as the E klasse Benz... this has been trashed severally on Nairaland
and if you want a response from me next timeo please address me politely or I'd be happy to ignore you.

Not correct. Camry is not a mid-level executive sedan. It is entry level. Just like C-class and BMW 3 series. Mid-level executive sedans are E-class, Honda Legend, BMW 5 series, Jaguar XF, Nissan Maxima etc. Higher up you get the full luxury sedans which include Benz S-class, BMW 7 series, Jaguar XJ, Lexus LS 460 etc. Honda and Toyota do not have offerings in this sector, unless you call Lexus a Toyota. Of course there are pretences from the Koreans in the shape of Hyundai Genesis and Kia K9 but they can only realistically compete with the 5 series and E-class.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
fabienjoe:

Not correct. Camry is not a mid-level executive sedan. It is entry level. Just like C-class and BMW 3 series. Mid-level executive sedans are E-class, Honda Legend, BMW 5 series, Jaguar XF, Nissan Maxima etc. Higher up you get the full luxury sedans which include Benz S-class, BMW 7 series, Jaguar XJ, Lexus LS 460 etc. Honda and Toyota do not have offerings in this sector, unless you call Lexus a Toyota. Of course there are pretences from the Koreans in the shape of Hyundai Genesis and Kia K9 but they can only realistically compete with the 5 series and E-class.
you are very wrong sir.... a corolla is an entry level executive sedan...
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by fabienjoe: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2016
NgcoboP:

Corolla is never an executive sedan

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
fabienjoe:

Corolla is never an executive sedan
educate me please
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Readonee35L(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
fabienjoe:

Don't every compare A quoris (k9) to a E-class or 5series . angry

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 2:58am On Nov 13, 2016
Corolla is never an executive sedan!!! Period.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by idrezee(m): 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
A friend wants to buy a model 2000 c230 and it's 700k. its his first car so should he buy or not Please advice on fuel economy, etc.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Philadelphia: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
idrezee:
A friend wants to buy a model 2000 c230 and it's 700k. its his first car so should he buy or not Please advice on fuel economy, etc.

That must be Nigeria used. How neat is the ride? A picture of it would help us advice you better
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by kingreign(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2016
royallord1:
BENZ IS CHEAPER TO MAINTAIN
BRAKE PADS ARE ALMOST THE SAME PRICE..
But the benz hub and brake disc is more cheaper
the engine of the camry now is about 120k here without the gearbox while the benz engine and auto gearbox is not more than 110k...with manual gear box its abt 65k...
benz shock absorber is cheaper and tends to last longer than brandnew camry shock...
fuel consumption the difference is not noticeable....
a/c i would give the camry... (but u meet top shape benz ac even for hot sun the glass go gather water)
durability benz wins it.. less mechanic visit on a benz
body parts are generally cheaper.... benz complete door goes for about 13k while the camry door excluding engine lifter is about 15k...infact the door handles alone cost abt 6k.
benz body is more tougher than the camry..
you just feel that complete german technology uniqueness and difference in a benz compared to the weak bodied and japan cost cutting built camry...
my humble opinion
and yes the 1999 c class benz cost about the same as the camry... or about a 100k cheaper

You be spare parts dealer?

Complete engine in that Camry is 60k in Abuja, transmission is 50k. The body parts of that Camry us cheaper to buy and is very durable. Its only weakness are its bland nature and very soft tuned suspensions.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by kingreign(m): 8:51am On Nov 14, 2016
NgcoboP:

Its never marketed as an entry level executive sedan. Its a compact car (hatchback, sedan, wagon) by EPA classifications, its also an economy car and a family car by intended design aim.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 14, 2016
kingreign:

Its never marketed as an entry level executive sedan. Its a compact car (hatchback, sedan, wagon) by EPA classifications, its also an economy car and a family car by intended design aim.
remove the executive... I still feel it can be compared fairly to the C class
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by kingreign(m): 9:11am On Nov 14, 2016
NgcoboP:

remove the executive... I still feel it can be compared fairly to the C class
Dimension, yes. But reality of build and purpose NO. Rather, an IS Lexus does that job better and is closely matched.

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2016
kingreign:

You be spare parts dealer?

Complete engine in that Camry is 60k in Abuja, transmission is 50k. The body parts of that Camry us cheaper to buy and is very durable. Its only weakness are its bland nature and very soft tuned suspensions.
wrooong... sir
its either u where told price for half and top in abj or something else...
here in benin... ordinary 3sfe engine goes for 90k... i want to buy one for my carina e... i inquired about the camry engine 5sfe to humour myself it goes for btw 110k to 125k depending on if ac compressor and others are attached to it.... gearbox not included.... my carina manual gearbox goes for abt 25k while manual c class goes for abt 7k...
like i said ... we have both cars and am making comparism based on experience...
body parts of camry 2.2 is quite expensive compared to the benz c class... but when it comes to ac chilling ability the camry wins it
my humble submisssion...

1 Like

Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by kingreign(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2016
royallord1:

wrooong... sir
its either u where told price for half and top in abj or something else...
here in benin... ordinary 3sfe engine goes for 90k... i want to buy one for my carina e... i inquired about the camry engine 5sfe to humour myself it goes for btw 110k to 125k depending on if ac compressor and others are attached to it.... gearbox not included.... my carina manual gearbox goes for abt 25k while manual c class goes for abt 7k...
like i said ... we have both cars and am making comparism based on experience...
body parts of camry 2.2 is quite expensive compared to the benz c class... but when it comes to ac chilling ability the camry wins it
my humble submisssion...

In Abuja I tell you, you'd buy 5S-FE with complete assessories (excluding AC compressor) for 60k. Direct Belgium. I know what I am talking about. If na Benin you dey and dem dey wound you like that, na una sabi.
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 9:52am On Nov 14, 2016
kingreign:

In Abuja I tell you, you'd buy 5S-FE with complete assessories (excluding AC compressor) for 60k. Direct Belgium. I know what I am talking about. If na Benin you dey and dem dey wound you like that, na una sabi.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
hmmmmmm....
the margin is too much to be believed... infact a friend purchased this same camry engine 3years back for 80k infact the reciept is with me will upload when i get home today... the sudden jump to 110k was attributed to the buhari factor.... meanwhile how much is bag of rice in abj cause its abt 18k here... make i knw if relocation would me needed
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by kingreign(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2016
royallord1:
hmmmmmm....
the margin is too much to be believed... infact a friend purchased this same camry engine 3years back for 80k infact the reciept is with me will upload when i get home today... the sudden jump to 110k was attributed to the buhari factor.... meanwhile how much is bag of rice in abj cause its abt 18k here... make i knw if relocation would me needed
Then, if its too much, don't believe it.
Cheers!
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2016
kingreign:
Then, if its too much, don't believe it. Cheers!
please how much is Camry v6 orobo engine..
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by hotice01: 1:14am On Nov 15, 2016
royallord1:
hmmmmmm....
Just Passing........grin
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by royallord1(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2016
hotice01:

Just Passing........grin
passing to where?
any way shall..... safe journey..
help me price bag of rice when u get there... grin smiley wink wink
Re: 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class) by hotice01: 8:15am On Nov 15, 2016
royallord1:
passing to where? any way shall..... safe journey.. help me price bag of rice when u get there... grin smiley wink wink
For u,it's just 40k only....... accept cash only.grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Reasons Why Your Car Smells / 10 Essential Safety Tips For When Driving In The Rain / 2001-2004 Toyota Highlander And The 2005-2007 Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.