Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? (1857 Views)

Nostradamus Predictions For World War in 2020 . / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It / Is The Rise Of Atheism In Nigeria A Direct Reaction To Flaws Of Pentecostalism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 11:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
DID NOSTRADAMUS PREDICT THE RISE OF TRUMP?

Nostradamus (16th century French Philosopher)

http://perezhilton.com/2016-07-18-donald-trump-antichrist-nostradamus-presidential-election-eerie-evidence-predicted-future#.WCOciOGLRGw

While many were surprised by Trump's victory in the 2016 US election, followers of Nostradamus would not have been, claiming the prophesier predicted this in the 16th century.

In Century III, Quatrain 81, Nostradamus wrote:

“The great shameless, audacious bawler. He will be elected governor of the army: The boldness of his contention.

“The bridge broken, the city faint from fear.”

Many believe that the “shameless, audacious bawler” part refers to Mr Trump’s loud communication, while “governor of the army” refers to being in charge of the world’s leading military force.

According to Christian tradition, the Antichrist will come to the Earth first hailed as a new messiah, until suffering rains down upon the people by the unsuspecting super villain — and some are saying that is an uncanny description of Donald Trump!

Saying a Presidential pick you don't like is the Antichrist isn't exactly new — Republican weirdos have been saying it about Barack Obama for years — but with The Donald, well, there are a few pieces of compelling evidence that might make you think that this time, it's different!

There was Trump's massive fight with Pope Francis, for one. After all, who gets into a public bout with His Holiness but… the Antichrist?!
That's not what really has people talking, though — this is more along the lines of a prediction made by 16th century philosopher Nostradamus that is proving to be oddly accurate in our current political times.

At one point in his writings, Nostradamus includes a bunch of references to a "trumpet" that theorists have seized on to be a particularly, well, Trumpian reference:

"The false trumpet concealing madness
will cause Byzantium to change its laws.
From Egypt there will go forth a man who wants
the edict withdrawn, changing money and standards.
The trumpet shakes with great discord.
An agreement broken: lifting the face to heaven:
the bloody mouth will swim with blood;
the face anointed with milk and honey lies on the ground.
The great Senate will ordain the triumph
For one who afterwards will be vanquished, driven out:
At the sound of the trumpet of his adherents there will be
Put up for sale their possessions, enemies expelled.
The republic of the great city
Will not want to consent to the great severity:
King summoned by trumpet to go out,
The ladder at the wall, the city will repent."

There's a lot to uncover in there, not the least of which surrounds the word "trumpet." Considering an old English word for trumpet was actually "trump," it's been easy for people to replace one with the other there, and draw parallels to 'The Donald'.

Byzantium was a Greek settlement that later became Constantinople, then Istanbul — and Turkey was just briefly under martial law during an attempted military coup…

From there, obviously "the ladder at the wall" reference and the final stanza is thought by many to be a direct reference to Mexico, and Trump's plan to build a wall on America's southern border.

In other paragraphs there are other interesting tidbits, too; like in the first, which seems to grasp Trump's anger and unique personality in addition to his desire to change America's laws and work outside the constitution.

The second paragraph, too — "an agreement broken" — is thought by many to be a reference to how badly Trump wants to get out of NATO, NAFTA, and other agreements which he thinks are bad deals for the American people.

[''the false trumpet concealing madness''... via his use of a teleprompter in order to 'sound presidential'?]

['From Egypt there will go forth a man...'... ''Egypt'' is a way the US was described by ancient seers, who saw the future nation as a version of the great Egyptian empire of antiquity.]

There are plenty of other Nostradamus passages that are broad enough to be linked to Trump — that's kind of the point of Nostradamus, after all, as he's generally pretty broad and generalized — but another passage caught our attention when digging into this conspiracy theory.
It's this:

"The blood of innocents, widow and virgin,
so many evils committed by means of the Great Red One,
holy images placed over burning candles,
terrified by fear, none will be seen to move."

Whoa!! Is "the Great Red One" a reference to Trump's incredibly tanned face?! His wild red hat?? The Red of the Republican Party??

Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Ehiscotch(m): 12:07am On Nov 10, 2016
This actually got me scared until . . . . . . . . . . I realised that this isn't the first time I have seen such theories - seen many about Barrack being the Antichrist. I guess I don't know why the Antichrist would be against abortion. Sha! Make I just take life as I see am.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
Just because you have seen previous claims doesn't mean anything. The Trump character is very unique, unless you haven't been following events.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2016
Wow......Silence......Una dey fear?

Idiots supporting something they don't know about.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2016
Rossikk:
Wow......Silence......Una dey fear?

Idiots supporting something they don't know about.

And you think you have said something up there?

I think sometimes, silence is really golden, because you just ended up exposing how grossly ignorant you are about the subject of the Antichrist and it's emergence.

Please, go and read more and do more research, before coming here to call people idiots, when you sound more like a super-one.

People forming theorist everywhere....smh.

1 Like

Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 12:25am On Nov 11, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

And you think you have said something up there?

I think sometimes, silence is really golden, because you just ended up exposing how grossly ignorant you are about the subject of the Antichrist and it's emergence.

Please, go and read more and do more research, before coming here to call people idiots, when you sound more like a super-one.

People forming theorist everywhere....smh.

Wow..an 'expert' on the 'Antichrist'. .....Well...It's not enough to claim/pretend you're an expert, drop an insult, and then run away. Say what you know or admit you know ZILCH......you insolent twit.

By the way, Nostradamus is about a billion times more recognised and studied than you, so present your 'expert' analysis attacking his works, let us hear.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 5:02am On Nov 11, 2016
You don run? Expert.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:32am On Nov 11, 2016
Rossikk:

Wow..an 'expert' on the 'Antichrist'. .....Well...It's not enough to claim/pretend you're an expert, drop an insult, and then run away. Say what you know or admit you know ZILCH......you insolent twit.

By the way, Nostradamus is about a billion times more recognised and studied than you, so present your 'expert' analysis attacking his works, let us hear.

I only talked to you be because you had the effrontery to call people idiots, because of one rubbish you posted and now you're saying I insulted you?

Your case is that of having an exaggerated opinion of your ignorant self. That's why Africans hardly achieve anything, because of pride!

If you could call people idiots because of what Nostradamus predicted, then I wonder what you would have called people if you could predict anything silly.

I won't engage you, I don't have anything to prove to proud schizophrenic patients like you. I'm not like you who think coming on nairaland to post one incomprehensible nonsense, makes you feel like an epitome of knowledge. I don't care whether I post anything on nairaland or not, but what I know remains what I know, it's a fact that no one can take away.

Nostradamus I know and his predictions, but you, oh ye proud man, I know not, and I know not on what authority you think you decipher his predictions and be so confident to call people idiots....

1 Like

Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:36am On Nov 11, 2016
Rossikk:
You don run? Expert.

I can see you are desperate for comments on your thread...

Ehya.....Pele... I won't make that dream of yours come true. I have already said my mind and whatever you say next.....OYO... I hate pride with a passion, so I definitely can't stand engaging you!

So, please cherish the replies you've got....you won't get anything more!

1 Like

Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

I can see you are desperate for comments on your thread...

Ehya.....Pele... I won't make that dream of yours come true. I have already said my mind and whatever you say next.....OYO... I hate pride with a passion, so I definitely can't stand engaging you!

So, please cherish the replies you've got....you won't get anything more!
I ain't the cause of your unemployment, you bitter sounding, nasty twerp.. Why don't you go insult your fellow scum who infest every thread on NL with their tribalist bile, since you've made yourself the forum policeman and moral arbiter? It is a Nostradamus thread you decided to invade with your nasty, unemployed self abi? Blasted animal. Mr Antichrist expert with empty head.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 8:56am On Nov 11, 2016
[[s]quote author=Rossikk post=50944082]
I ain't the cause if your unemployment, you bitter sounding, nasty twerp.. Why don't you go insult your fellow scum who infest every thread on NL with their tribalist bile, since you've made yourself the forum policeman and moral arbiter? It is a Nostradamus thread you decided to invade with your nasty, unemployed self. Blasted animal.[/quote
][/s]
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 9:03am On Nov 11, 2016
Empty headed Antichrist expert!
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by kevoh(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2016
I'm not too versed when it comes to the topic of Nostradamus and his quatrains a.k.a prophecy but from the little I have read about him, the quatrains are vague enough that just any coincidental event/person can be fixed to suit each quatrain.It is quite expected of followers of Nostradamus (like any object/person with cult following)to push out such prophecies whenever a major event takes place and assume that's what Nostradamus meant thanks to the previously mentioned vagueness, meanwhile not much is attention is given to the many failed prophecies of Nostradamus.

As a side note, why is it difficult to get mature conversations on Religion section these days? Personal attacks and insults which are very rampart are not substitutes for conversations or arguments. They only serve in derailing the the topic/thread. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2016
kevoh:
I'm not too versed when it comes to the topic of Nostradamus and his quatrains a.k.a prophecy but from the little I have read about him, the quatrains are vague enough that just any coincidental event/person can be fixed to suit each quatrain.It is quite expected of followers of Nostradamus (like any object/person with cult following)to push out such prophecies whenever a major event takes place and assume that's what Nostradamus meant thanks to the previously mentioned vagueness, meanwhile not much is attention is given to the many failed prophecies of Nostradamus.

As a side note, why is it difficult to get mature conversations on Religion section these days? Personal attacks and insults which are very rampart are not substitutes for conversations or arguments. They only serve in derailing the the topic/thread. undecided
What are the odds that a guy living in 16th century France would predict accurately that someone born to poor parents in Germany named "Hister" would cause global war and catastrophe?
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by kevoh(m): 11:29am On Nov 11, 2016
Rossikk:
What are the odds that a guy living in 16th century France would predict accurately that someone born to poor parents in Germany named "Hister" would cause global war and catastrophe?
Hister refers to a place according to wikipedia. It is a geographical region called Lower Danube not a human. M

Like I said before, the quatrains are very vague and can be twisted to mean anything, add that to Nostradamus' follower bias you will get the above conclusion. Below is the original quatrain in bold (hope you have a good grasp of french) and its translation by two people, Erika Cheetam (A nostradamus follower) and James Randi (A non follower)

French Version:
Bêtes farouches de faim fleuves tranner;
Plus part du champ encore Hister sera,
En caige de fer le grand sera treisner,
Quand rien enfant de Germain observa.
(II.24)

Cheetham's version:

Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battle will be against Hitler.
He will cause great men to be dragged in a cage of iron,
When the son of Germany obeys no law.

Randi's version:

Beasts mad with hunger will swim across rivers,
Most of the army will be against the Lower Danube .
The great one shall be dragged in an iron cage
When the child brother will observe nothing.

None of the translations make any real sense but just like a muslim will claim to see the inscription of allah on meat undecided and christians claim that a cumulus cloud formed an angel cry , so will followers like Eric Cheetham claim Hister meant Hitler.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 5:11am On Nov 12, 2016
kevoh:

Hister refers to a place according to wikipedia. It is a geographical region called Lower Danube not a human. M

Like I said before, the quatrains are very vague and can be twisted to mean anything, add that to Nostradamus' follower bias you will get the above conclusion. Below is the original quatrain in bold (hope you have a good grasp of french) and its translation by two people, Erika Cheetam (A nostradamus follower) and James Randi (A non follower)

French Version:
Bêtes farouches de faim fleuves tranner;
Plus part du champ encore Hister sera,
En caige de fer le grand sera treisner,
Quand rien enfant de Germain observa.
(II.24)

Cheetham's version:

Beasts wild with hunger will cross the rivers,
The greater part of the battle will be against Hitler.
He will cause great men to be dragged in a cage of iron,
When the son of Germany obeys no law.

Randi's version:

Beasts mad with hunger will swim across rivers,
Most of the army will be against the Lower Danube .
The great one shall be dragged in an iron cage
When the child brother will observe nothing.

None of the translations make any real sense but just like a muslim will claim to see the inscription of allah on meat undecided and christians claim that a cumulus cloud formed an angel cry , so will followers like Eric Cheetham claim Hister meant Hitler.

Your example makes no sense. Randi, the ''non follower'' is clearly inputing his own words and removing Nostradamus' words, perhaps to create 'ambiguity'.. Eg Nostradamus directly says 'Hister' and 'Germain' in the original quatrain, but Randi distorts it by replacing those words with 'Lower Danube' and 'Child brother'. Cheetham's version is more true to the original texts.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by kevoh(m): 5:18am On Nov 12, 2016
Rossikk:

Your example makes no sense. Randi, the ''non folower'' is clearly impiting his own words and removing Nostradamus words. Eg Nostradamus directly says 'Hister' and 'Germain' in the original quatrain, but Randi distorts it by replacing tgose words with 'Lower Danube' and 'Child brother'.

Randi did not distort any words!. You and cheetham are actually the twisters. Go and do a proper research for the meaning of the word Hister. Type ''Hister'' in google and come back here with what you got. I am not ready to go round in circles with you, Sir.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Elthugnificent(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2016
I am sure if Hillary won, you would have dug up many theory in cognizance with her winning the presidential race.
Re: Did Nostradamus Predict The Rise Of Trump? by Rossikk(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
kevoh:

Randi did not distort any words!. You and cheetham are actually the twisters. Go and do a proper research for the meaning of the word Hister. Type ''Hister'' in google and come back here with what you got. I am not ready to go round in circles with you, Sir.
It is not about the 'meaning' of Hister. It is about its linguistic similarity to Hitler.

(1) (Reply)

Was The 4th Commandment Abolished After Christ's Death?(a secret about sabbath). / Why I Think God Does Not Exist-from A Christian / Does Tramadol Invalidate Fast During Ramadan ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.