Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted (1577 Views)

My Ford Focus 2004 Is Emitting White Smoke / Clean Ford Focus 2012 Model For Sale / Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by Geezle(m): 6:51am On Nov 10, 2016
Hello, i am looking for a speedclock for a 2005 Ford Focus- European model. Car is currently in Lagos. I believe the speedclock goes with the key.

If anyonre has information, kindly contact me on 08098000206.
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by mayor2013: 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
Geezle:
Hello, i am looking for a speedclock for a 2005 Ford Focus- European model. Car is currently in Lagos. I believe the speedclock goes with the key.

If anyonre has information, kindly contact me on 08098000206.

Post your VIN here
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by Geezle(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2016
mayor2013:

Post your VIN here

WF04XXWPD47D63420
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by mayor2013: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
Geezle:

WF04XXWPD47D63420

Snap your old speed clock
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by sultaan(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2016
There is a speedometer, clock and a clock spring
Not sure what you are looking for there is a part number on that part check for it on Amazon.
If you have a pic post it
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by mayor2013: 9:58pm On Nov 15, 2016
sultaan:
There is a speedometer, clock and a clock spring
Not sure what you are looking for there is a part number on that part check for it on Amazon.
If you have a pic post it

He needs the instrument cluster which needs to be programmed to the car
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by sultaan(m): 2:33am On Nov 16, 2016
mayor2013:

He needs the instrument cluster which needs to be programmed to the car

Why would he need a cluster be programmed in a 2005 focus it is a cheap car and cluster should be plug and play.

Our mechanics have a way of destroying things and it usually start by changing parts they don't understand

1 Like

Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by mayor2013: 6:28am On Nov 16, 2016
sultaan:

Why would he need a cluster be programmed in a 2005 focus it is a cheap car and cluster should be plug and play.

Our mechanics have a way of destroying things and it usually start by changing parts they don't understand

Most fords have their security system mounted into their instrument panel and when replaced needs to be programmed otherwise car would not start. I do not have an idea of why he wants to change it. Perhaps the older was has been brutalized by kazeem. @ op why do you want to change yours?
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by Geezle(m): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
mayor2013:

Snap your old speed clock

sent to your whatsapp number...pls confirm
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by Geezle(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
mayor2013:

Most fords have their security system mounted into their instrument panel and when replaced needs to be programmed otherwise car would not start. I do not have an idea of why he wants to change it. Perhaps the older was has been brutalized by kazeem. @ op why do you want to change yours?

the immobilizer is in that panel. Now...the panel was giving wrong readings - fuel guage and lights coming on. Once they attempted to remove it...it stopped starting the car. Kazeem advises to replace it ...together with the key
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by sultaan(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2016
Geezle:

the immobilizer is in that panel. Now...the panel was giving wrong readings - fuel guage and lights coming on. Once they attempted to remove it...it stopped starting the car. Kazeem advises to replace it ...together with the key

If you get a cluster from a car of same year with same engine it should be plug and play but your mileage will be different.

Why not explain what happened before things started going wrong, it could be a mechanic worked on the car first then gauges went crazy.

Reason to know what was done is to be able to narrow down where you might possibly have a ground fault which gauges don't work right and if and share a ground wire linked to the cluster from ecu
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by mayor2013: 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
sultaan:

If you get a cluster from a car of same year with same engine it should be plug and play but your mileage will be different.

Why not explain what happened before things started going wrong, it could be a mechanic worked on the car first then gauges went crazy.

Reason to know what was done is to be able to narrow down where you might possibly have a ground fault which gauges don't work right and if and share a ground wire linked to the cluster from ecu

Not a plug and play sir. Immobiliser has been installed inside the cluster
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by sultaan(m): 2:14am On Nov 17, 2016
From a us version I saw online that only applies to 2006+ model years, I'm trying not to let his mechanic reengineer the car using trial and error
Re: Ford Focus Speed Clock Wanted by alexoluwatoyin: 8:39am On Dec 05, 2019
Any update on the request above, want to know so that I can make a decision on my cluster instrument .

(1) (Reply)

Please Is This Toyota Highlander 2017 Model Available In Nigeria And The Cost ? / Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel / Comprehensive Car Insurance From First Bank Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.