Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel (1569 Views)

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 4:16am On May 07, 2018
I'm really worried. My car matrix 05 is consuming too much fuel.

35litres of fuel (N5000), Trip of about 152km. Osogbo to Lagos. I'd to refuel when I got to Lagos.

What could be the issue. Pls I need your suggestions, thank you.

GAZZUZZ, nurey, honman, and other gurus.
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by ipobarecriminals: 5:15am On May 07, 2018
sad take it to renowned baba Ibadan mechanic
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by salvo583: 6:06am On May 07, 2018
The distance from Osogbo to Lagos is close to 250km sir.

1 Like

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by crafteck(m): 6:07am On May 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by crafteck(m): 6:08am On May 07, 2018
Then you need a bicycle, if you find solution come forum and you are told 5 possible causes, wont you still go to mechanic, will u diy

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 6:54am On May 07, 2018
ipobarecriminals:

Why baba ibadan bro?
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 6:57am On May 07, 2018
crafteck:
Then you need a bicycle, if you find solution come forum and you are told 5 possible causes, wont you still go to mechanic, will u diy

This punch too much for me this early morning egbon. I know I'll still take it to mechanic at least make i know where don go touch for the car.
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 6:59am On May 07, 2018
salvo583:
The distance from Osogbo to Lagos is close to 250km sir.

When i set my odometer to zero, na 153km I get o.
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06am On May 07, 2018
taiiremide:

miles sir

2 Likes

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 7:22am On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

miles sir

Boss. You mean the odometer is reading in miles and not km? I don't understand sir.
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2018
taiiremide:

Boss. You mean the odometer is reading in miles and not km? I don't understand sir .

Pls take a pic of your dashboard
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by aieromon(m): 9:07am On May 07, 2018
taiiremide:

Boss. You mean the odometer is reading in miles and not km? I don't understand sir.

Know everything about your car before you build house in the village for Kazeem.

Your odometer is calibrated in miles. 35 Litres is approximately 9.2 US gallons. Your Matrix covered 153 miles with 9.2 gallons of fuel.

Fuel economy is 16.6MPG.

2 Likes

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by salvo583: 11:06am On May 07, 2018
taiiremide:

Oga mi! Ur odometer is in miles. Converting the 153kms to Miles is about 244kms which is close to the less than 250km I quoted. I don't think anything is wrong with your car bro. Check your Tyre pressure to the permissible psi, be light on the trottle, use the recommended 5w30 oil and watch your MPG gbera. Finally you can use more than 20litres on a bad day from Lotto to Ikotun, there might be traffic from Gbagi to Iwo road and some section of Iwo road to Tollgate. I think you should put engine idling into consideration too.

1 Like

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 11:13am On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Pls take a pic of your dashboard
Here is it sir

Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:22am On May 07, 2018
taiiremide:

Here is it sir

its in miles my good man. Multiply by 1.67 to convert to KM
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 12:25pm On May 07, 2018
aieromon:

Know everything about your car before you build house in the village for Kazeem.

Your odometer is calibrated in miles. 35 Litres is approximately 9.2 US gallons. Your Matrix covered 153 miles with 9.2 gallons of fuel.

Fuel economy is 16.6MPG.

Thank you sir. I really appreciate. So in summary, the fuel economy is good?
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 12:27pm On May 07, 2018
salvo583:

Oga mi! Ur odometer is in miles. Converting the 153kms to Miles is about 244kms which is close to the less than 250km I quoted. I don't think anything is wrong with your car bro. Check your Tyre pressure to the permissible psi, be light on the trottle, use the recommended 5w30 oil and watch your MPG gbera. Finally you can use more than 20litres on a bad day from Lotto to Ikotun, there might be traffic from Gbagi to Iwo road and some section of Iwo road to Tollgate. I think you should put engine idling into consideration too.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate.
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by taiiremide: 12:28pm On May 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

its in miles my good man. Multiply by 1.67 to convert to KM

Thank you sir, in summary, you're saying the fuel economy is not bad?
Re: Help. My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On May 07, 2018
taiiremide:

Thank you sir, in summary, you're saying the fuel economy is not bad?

To sip more miles from your cherished PMS, don't turn on your AC, check tyre pressure is within required ranges, don't exceed 50 MPH and ensure you also drive reasonably......

6 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tales On the Grind fixing cars / What's The Best Price I Can Sell My 2008 Model Honda V6 / How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.