Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. (17319 Views)

FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by okwyee(m): 6:41am On Nov 11, 2016
Yoruba's, especially Ekiti are the worst with this attitude, every small thing its oloriburuku omo ale..
i live in ilorin now, they dont always curse, they'll just shout at you and tell you to mind the road and drive well (but in a harsh way sha) but its better than hearing oloriburuku especially from those okada people, i almost hit one one day like this na, only God saved him... mtchew

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by johnstar(m): 6:42am On Nov 11, 2016
K
Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by odeebee: 6:42am On Nov 11, 2016
Lol..come to PH and drive for 3 months. if taxi man no scratch you den u never start.

6 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by wildchild1: 6:44am On Nov 11, 2016
Lagos is worse, Abuja is coming up, everyone forming cool grin

Check my signature

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by sczeska: 6:45am On Nov 11, 2016
Most drivers in PHC skipped driving school classes, they don't trafficate, taxis stop indiscriminately to pick passengers.....they yell at you and abuse you if you horn at them to clear and pick passengers.
They park cars comfortably at the entrance of a U-turn. If you don't have a siren nobody respects you on the road

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by eezeribe(m): 6:46am On Nov 11, 2016
kabanayol9:
No matter how gentle you are, how religious, how much patient you can exercise, whenever you are driving on the road of Nigeria, you tend to abuse, caution other than road user, I am talking from experience coz I do drive too, people crossing the road anyhow, Okada riders doing wan wan wa, public transport drivers chooking nose of their vehicles anyhow, just to mention a few, you be like guy open ur eyes o, no go jam me, no look for trouble dis morning, if it didn't go well with the other person, the person be like were(mad person), carry ur wahala go, o ti ka iwe ju (Over read person), from there the gbege starts.

OP,just speak for yourself. Not everyone abuses like you. It shows how uncivilized you are. Even the Title of your post should be Abusive words, Not Abuses words. It's people like you that caused whites to coin the phrase.. "Black monkey".
Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by stzy(m): 6:50am On Nov 11, 2016
I think that its kind of a norm now to abuse drivers... Sometimes its d only relieve moment people get in a day... Sometimes u see people at fault haul curses at u 1st... The only reason they do that is coz its fun ..... When I was about 8yrs old, I remember one day I was walking on d road and dis bike almost hit me js immediately as I gave him waka n shouted "thunder fire u", it felt good buh then the man stopped...(That moment in nigerian movie. Wen they change beat to beat)lolzzzzz

9 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Niyinficient(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

OP,just speak for yourself. Not everyone abuses like you. It shows how uncivilized you are. Even the Title of your post should be Abusive words, Not Abuses words. It's people like you that caused whites to coin the phrase.. "Black monkey".

Jesus! untop wetin na bros shocked calm down. You jst indirectly abused the OP.

4 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by stambouli: 6:52am On Nov 11, 2016
Its hard not to curse or abuse in Lagos .from keke marwa to okada to pedestrian and the Almighty danfo public buses. No matter how skilled and patient u are at driving ,they will surely frustrate you

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by dingbang(m): 6:53am On Nov 11, 2016
grin

All these happen because we are not civilized. Traffic management staff are out to collect money and not perform their responsibilities. Its just saddening.

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by olu98: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

I'm too grown and rich for that

Why would i wanna curse someone out ?? Only kids with no life does that

y Would u curse, u don't even av a wheelbarrow.smh. U must b an ipod.

10 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by agbangam: 6:55am On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

Mr civilized dem invite u come d thread.... Oloriburuku som bori...

21 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Gentlebabs(m): 6:58am On Nov 11, 2016
This thread made me laugh.

Me I don abuse small oh:

"Abi dem dey fry Cat for your head?"

"You wan go jail abi?"

Or I will put my right thumb ad index finger together to make sign like someone smoking weed and make the sign to connote "You dey high on weed or chep drugs abi?"

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 11, 2016
Turks:
Lol...Hurling insults still dey okay...

Have you ever been spat on?
Have you ever had objects thrown at you by the driver?

I've had pure water hurled the me by a driver once... cry

I see....weldone o

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by bareal(m): 7:00am On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

Shuu! for this early morning? ur blood too dey hot oh! Haaa! Buhari must hear this oh

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by hefelove(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2016
Person wey dey drive Toyota 1982 model go dey tell person wey set drive Range Rover 2016 oga carry ur pangolo comot for road! Na mad people full Lagos

If dem don hit thierself finish kan dey shout next thing u'll hear is Do You Know Who I Am? cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by luciouscookie: 7:03am On Nov 11, 2016
I used to be angry with people that do that until I started driving. You can never drive around ikorodu garage without cursing someone, in fact I set even curse police and Lasma officers join sef. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2016
I don't drive but I think z worse curses I've heard z when someone says "Oloriburuku somebody".... Especially my Owanbe ladies on a Saturday morning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Ecosystem4u: 7:06am On Nov 11, 2016
OP ur caption is wrong correct it first b4 I comment.
Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by RobinHez(m): 7:07am On Nov 11, 2016
colossus2:

You need to drive in Benin grin
Benin ko? Na for benin I see say driver dey stop and WAIT for you to seat comfortably before they move..

Lagos is where the real driving experience is. You'd always have a reason to be furious...

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by bremmery: 7:09am On Nov 11, 2016
kabanayol9:
No matter how gentle you are, how religious, how much patient you can exercise, whenever you are driving on the road of Nigeria, you tend to abuse, caution other than road user, I am talking from experience coz I do drive too, people crossing the road anyhow, Okada riders doing wan wan wa, public transport drivers chooking nose of their vehicles anyhow, just to mention a few, you be like guy open ur eyes o, no go jam me, no look for trouble dis morning, if it didn't go well with the other person, the person be like were(mad person), carry ur wahala go, o ti ka iwe ju (Over read person), from there the gbege starts.
You better go and get driver. Is it a must you drive yourself? Baba olowo commot for road.

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Teeminjin(f): 7:10am On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:
who asked you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by bugidon(m): 7:12am On Nov 11, 2016
I av been to most part of nigeria but the only place that I drived peacefully without being cursed or harrassed is in minna niger state, the worst place to drive is in onitsha anambra state

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by RobinHez(m): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2016
eezeribe:

So what have u just done? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by AdisaOwala: 7:17am On Nov 11, 2016
Teeminjin:

who asked you?

She's a raving lunatic - pay her no mind!

3 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by obataokenwa(m): 7:17am On Nov 11, 2016
portharcourt drivers don't wait for anybody to reverse. the cab drivers in PH hate flashy cars cos they can increase speed so they can hit you if maybe you want to reverse or enter main road. PH everybody na Oga for his or her own steering.

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2016
Lol I know someone that carries pure water in her car anytime she's going out, specially for all these reckless bus drivers and Okada men. When they display their madness, she jejely brings it out and pours the water on them grin

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by EbiJUNIRO(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2016
never had a car so ain't experienced

1 Like

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by musa7m(m): 7:21am On Nov 11, 2016
sczeska:
Most drivers in PHC skipped driving school classes, they don't trafficate, taxis stop indiscriminately to pick passengers.....they yell at you and abuse you if you horn at them to clear and pick passengers.
They park cars comfortably at the entrance of a U-turn. If you don't have a siren nobody respects you on the road
AfonjaStinks:

if you are Driving a big car as in expensive one....no body will like to jam you...or curse you
hefelove:
Person wey dey drive Toyota 1982 model go dey tell person wey set drive Range Rover 2016 oga carry ur pangolo comot for road! Na mad people full Lagos
If dem don hit thierself finish kan dey shout next thing u'll hear is Do You Know Who I Am? cheesy
okwyee:
Yoruba's, especially Ekiti are the worst with this attitude, every small thing its oloriburuku omo ale..
i live in ilorin now, they dont always curse, they'll just shout at you and tell you to mind the road and drive well (but in a harsh way sha) but its better than hearing oloriburuku especially from those okada people, i almost hit one one day like this na, only God saved him... mtchew
what's the meaning of oloriburuku
Smellymouth:

Lagos sha.. Many are mad, few are roaming..

2 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by bamirotola: 7:22am On Nov 11, 2016
Bikonu come to ibadan.... dTz when u'l hear revelational curses, dt will require u to go home nd think abt bfor u can decipher! Ibadan driver I hail

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2016
Your username contradicts what you just said.
AfonjaStinks pospost940635:

5 Likes

Re: Throwing Abuses Words While Driving To Other Road Users, Share Your Experience. by Emassive(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2016
Rightly said
Kjnwancaro:
I think Ibadan is the worse place to drive in Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) / 5 Car Parts Potholes Can Damage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.