Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:39 AM

Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here - Art, Graphics & Video (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here (70443 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
A question for the house pls: What is the difference between DOF(depth of field) and BOKEH?

BOKEH is the part of the pic that is outside the depth of field area. The blurry part.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
harmbhrosz: nice work bruv! They will look really nice for a 'review'
Thanks a lot Harmbhrosz. I appreciate that.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by kmoney382(m): 2:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
Whats your view?

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by kmoney382(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nice Sky shot I ever had...

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by kmoney382(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
Luxurious Dog....TRUE or FALSE?

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Vividprint: 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
We just recently purchased some wide format photography printers
and we are sampling opinions of photographers by requesting a sample
of their high definition vivid images ,then we do a free wide format print
and deliver to you to sample opinion on quality.
We will appreciate if you give us the opportunity of your opinion of our print quality.
first 25 prints!!

Yetunde Igbene
vividprint01@gmail.com
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
This shot was taken @ eko bridge

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by mgolo(m): 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
harmbhrosz: A question for the house pls: What is the difference between DOF(depth of field) and BOKEH?

DOF is the range of relative sharpness between the front of your subject, element or object and it rear. Invariably it is a technique to ensure you place emphasis on what is actually of interest to you in the midst of much information, the latter could be distractive to the message you want to pass on.

BOKEH is the that look of out of deliberate blurredness using techniques of lens selection, your relative distance from the subject you want to take and the selection of the aperture of your lens...aperture is the size of the passage through the barrel of your lens.

Get more here...
http://photoclubafrica..com/

1 Like

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh @ nrd geek... I dropped my 50 f1.8 and it died... the nifty-fifty served me well for 3yrs wink

Oh no ... did you? It's a shame such a pretty lens is not as strong as the f1.4. Scared to drop mine now cry
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
sixbon2000:

Ur right. I use a nikon d5100

Thought as much, felt I could detect the Nikon colour signature. cool
sixbon2000: This shot was taken @ eko bridge

Nice!
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by nrdgeek: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
harmbhrosz: Thanks boss! been to pixel-peeper several times *GREAT place for sample images* while most of their images are cats #lol.

Thanks for the little light you threw on the 50mm f/1.4, i'm always inlove with the wonders of prime lenses, can't wait to have mine.

Pleasure's all mine
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 2:51am On Nov 07, 2013
nrd_geek:

Oh no ... did you? It's a shame such a pretty lens is not as strong as the f1.4. Scared to drop mine now cry
Yes I did sad My bad... it served me for 4 yrs not 3.

You had better grab a 1.4 now as they may stop making it & the 'nifty-fifty' as well. I'm glad I picked a fairly new one up on eBay recently - http://petapixel.com/2013/10/09/rumor-canon-may-replace-50mm-f1-4-high-end-50mm-f1-8/

Personally I doubt they will stop the 1.4 because it will be stupid to have just a 1.8 and the mega expensive 1.2
Hopefully the site 'Canonrumours' are right - http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/new-canon-50mm-coming-cr1/
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Thanks so much sir!
mgolo:

DOF is the range of relative sharpness between the front of your subject, element or object and it rear. Invariably it is a technique to ensure you place emphasis on what is actually of interest to you in the midst of much information, the latter could be distractive to the message you want to pass on.

BOKEH is the that look of out of deliberate blurredness using techniques of lens selection, your relative distance from the subject you want to take and the selection of the aperture of your lens...aperture is the size of the passage through the barrel of your lens.

Get more here...
http://photoclubafrica..com/
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by TochiPhotos(m): 8:05am On Nov 12, 2013
Man, can't believe I've been sleeping on such a great thread. Following.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by TochiPhotos(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2013
NPL. 1st pic - Kwara Utd stadium, Ilorin, Kwara state. 2nd pic - action from a league game. #NPL

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by TochiPhotos(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2013
2face and Waje

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by sixbon2000(m): 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
You guys should visit Nikon Africa facebook page and take part in their photography contest.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by tshakes(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2013

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by chiemelaPeter(m): 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2013
"behind the falling waters, i captured my vision"..www.petervisuals..com

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 4:21am On Nov 26, 2013
An Origami set.

Kinda weird... someone made a bunch of Origami Birds and put them on top of a bus stop shelter!

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 2:29pm On Dec 01, 2013
Finally!!!....just got my 50mm f/1.4

Am so so happy

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
harmbhrosz: Finally!!!....just got my 50mm f/1.4
Am so so happy
Nice!!! wink
It feels so good in the hands doesn't it?
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
VillageBoi:
Nice!!! wink
It feels so good in the hands doesn't it?
yeah! Very very handy

Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by harmbhrosz(m): 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
TochiPhotos: Man, can't believe I've been sleeping on such a great thread. Following.
hmmmm....here comes another guru! I wanna learn o
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
harmbhrosz: yeah! Very very handy
Your first shots with it? Nice.
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2013
^ ^ ^
SpeedyBoi my broda... welcome... which one is DOT? wink
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
VillageBoi: ^ ^ ^
SpeedyBoi my broda... welcome... which one is DOT? wink

lol...Just to indicate my presence cheesy cheesy cheesy. I've been following this thread for a long time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by simiolu1(m): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
1. A newly married couple about to kiss

2. Make-over of a bride

3. A guy singing with so much passion
Re: Photography - Show Off your Sturvz Over Here by VillageBoi(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
speedyboi:
lol...Just to indicate my presence cheesy cheesy cheesy. I've been following this thread for a long time grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ooh, nice!

Speedy, I'm posting a pic elsewhere... I'm sure you'll find it wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) / Alex Peter, Nigerian Artist Who Draws With Razor Blade On Wood. Photos / Female Artists Staring At A Nude Man Standing In Front Of Them (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.