Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,974 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons (4725 Views)

96-yr-old Woman Who Donated N1M To Buhari Receives First Lady Of Kebbi..photo / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Breaking: Many Feared Dead As Inmates Of Kirikiri Prisons Attempt Jail Break (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Pharoh: 7:48am On Nov 01, 2009

Jailed former chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Chief Olabode George, has reportedly ‘rebranded’ his sojourn as a prisoner, having paid a million naira rent at the Kirikiri Maximum Prisons.
Sources in the prisons recalled that a bungalow chalet was given to George Monday night, the very day he was jailed 28 years alongside four others for embezzling NPA contract sums of over N84 billion.
The convicts’ sentences are, however, to run concurrently, indicating that George and his fellow convicts would only spend two years in prison.

It was gathered that upon arriving at the prison Monday, George, who was a national Deputy Chairman of ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was horrified by the state of cells at the Prisons.He reportedly asked for “a clean place”, prompting the warders to reply: ‘Oga, except you pay for a VIP chalet, which is N1 million.’
He promptly paid a million naira, for a VIP chalet in which he would live throughout his stay at Nigeria’s most popular prison yard.

It was, however, learnt that the prison chalet is very close to where Major el-Mustapha resides. El-Mustapha was the Chief Security Officer to the late Head of the military junta, General Sani Abacha, and has been facing murder and attempted murder charges for almost a decade.The duo of el-Mustapha and George reportedly met on Tuesday, hugged and exchanged pleasantries.

Meanwhile, George and his co-convicts have filed notice of appeal against their conviction.They have also initiated moves, through their counsel, to apply for bail.
Others jailed alongside George are Olugbenga Abidoye, Zaina Maideribe, Aminu Tafida and Sule Aliyu.They were found guilty on 47 out of the 68 charges levied against them.
Reports said that the appeal processes were instituted at the High Court registry to challenge their conviction

Source
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by SeanT21(f): 8:02am On Nov 01, 2009
VIP spot in prison?? Spending only 2 years in prison for stealing that much? undecided
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by sjeezy8: 8:09am On Nov 01, 2009
happens in US and england so i guess its no different.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 01, 2009
sjeezy8:

happens in US and england so i guess its no different.

I can only hope that we Nigerians will also learn to compare Nigeria to USA and UK in terms of positive development and not only on the negatives.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by jamace(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2009
I can only hope that we Nigerians will also learn to compare Nigeria to USA and UK in terms of positive development and not only on the negatives.
Thanks my brother.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by bidell1(f): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2009
So?

All these unfonfimed news sef!!! Saharareporters, pointblacknews and 234next categories, hisssssssssssss
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by smooooooth: 11:53am On Nov 02, 2009
and he says he didnt steal the money. at least we not blind, we can see him spending it.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by kpokpobita: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
I sorry .Bet come to think of it why ist that Nigeria leader why in power they don't listen to court order bet after their tenure if EFCC is after them they will run to the same court  is that not madness,example El-rufiel,Nuhu Rebadu Bode George mmanyof them. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by lawrence83: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
I always knew, something like that will happen.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by citizenY(m): 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
source?
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Jeovy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
Not surprise
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
I think looting is the best thing to do.If u steal now u goto jail for 2.5yrs,come out to enjoy ur theft.Imaging stealing N85b,stay in a chalet for 2yrs&come back afterwards to enjoy d loot is crazy
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by subby12(m): 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
toba:

I think looting is the best thing to do.If u steal now u goto jail for 2.5yrs,come out to enjoy your theft.Imaging stealing N85b,stay in a chalet for 2yrs&come back afterwards to enjoy d loot is crazy

I love this country!!! but come to think of it, ", the oppressors will never let go of the oppressed, but untill the oppressed snatches his/herself from the oppressor.
The best might have to be for us the citizens that they steal our money stop appreciating them, and probably stone them on the streets, maybe these acts from the citizens whose lives are daily stolen away will make them desist from these acts.
WHY AMASS WEALTH WHEN NOBODY WILL APPRECIATE IT, BUT STONE YOU AND YOUR WARDS ON THE STREETS.
Let us think well.
They are not ready to assist. Nobody will assist us but us.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Blazing99: 2:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
I understand why he had to make the choice, however I pity those who were not given that liberty. Prisons in Nigeria are one of the most deplorable places to be in the country. Human beings live in the most inhuman conditions and I wish not to expantiate further. I pray the government tries its best to improve living conditions in the prisons. We have to realise that despite the fact that many prisoners are criminals, they still deserve to be treated like humans - not rats like it is in prisons.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by furacao(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
So he is using the money he stole to make his life easy in prison? What'sd the point? Whatever happened to hard labour? l mean, 84 billion??!?!?!?! The penalty should be stiffer. He should not even have been offered VIP treatment, he doesn't deserve it. It just shows that these people have no remorse,
Shame.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by nich(m): 2:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
crap! angry undecided

God sabi everybody address!
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by collinx(m): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
If this true,then the aphorism that all heads are equal is balderdash! Ths man should be chained to floor and made to refund, to the last dime ,plus all the interests, roi etc from the loot. What manner of country is this bikonu??
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by 3kay945(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
even as the animals in the zoo ve categories, so as the inmate, imagine dis

Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Adegokenath(m): 3:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
the best thing is for us to pray that bode should die before comming out of prison to serve as lesson for looters.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Nezan(m): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
omo . . see me see something. N1mil VIP chalet for prison?
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by subby12(m): 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
That tells you that, they, (the people in power) are never ready to go all the way with these rogues.
As they all will still be friends when he comes out of his resting abode, (chalet)
More reason why we are supposed to take care of ourselves.
It will not be the best he dies, i will want the money vanish while he is alive, so as to really suffer for the stolen wealth, as well as all the other embezzlers.
I hope the wealth finds a way to get back to the masses.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by agboifo(f): 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
Adegokenath:

the best thing is for us to pray that bode should die before comming out of prison to serve as lesson for looters.

That's not fair.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by bawomolo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
nuzo:

yup
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by subby12(m): 3:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
Unfair too it is to embezzle #84Billion, , can you imagine what that money can do for a sector of the economy? How many refineries we can get going with TAM(Turn Around Maintanance)?
It is not fair for him to die? if only you know how many poeple are dead due to the fact that [b]HE [/b]and his cohorts stole such an amount.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by mekuslogan: 3:57pm On Nov 02, 2009
I have already predicted that he will die in prison, failing which, he will leave there with a terminal illness and die soon after.He really deserved to be hanged. Chief of thieves
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by MrCrackles(m): 4:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
Well i guess it is not a bad idea renting out a chalet to Bode THIEF George, however i feel he should have been made to cough a lot more. . .
He surely has majority of the money he stole floating about. . . .
He should be stripped completely and made to cut grass in prison, force-fed watery beans and his butthole rammed in the prison bathroom by thugs
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by otukpo(f): 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
HE NEVER SEE ANYTHING. iF HE LIKE, LET HIM STAY IN A DUPLEX INSIDE THE PRISON, HE IS STILL IN PRISON.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Ibime(m): 4:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
This nuccas living large. . . . me sef, I no go mind go that kind prison.
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by AT1: 4:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
Absolute madness
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by zoogy2007: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
A slap on the wrist, thats what they always get for stealing billions. When will we be serious as a nation? China hangs currupt leaders while we put them in prisons and still feed them with our taxes and possibly pay for the DSTV that they have in their "rooms".
I weep for Nigeria cry
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by harpo(m): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
Why are u all pointing at the wrong place, please blame the prisons that have special places like that that could be rented and paid for by crooks like Bode George,

Assumin they leave him to stay amongst hardened criminal with poor stayin conditions by the time his health diminished fast, when he comes out he will spread the the news of how bad that place is and probably try to do something bout the place,
Re: Bode George Rents N1m Chalet At Kirikiri Prisons by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
Using some of our money he stole to buy prestige in our prison, after Nigeria found him guilty, so now tell me, who is the winner, the dude, or Nigeria?

(1) (2) (Reply)

D.Mark Seeks Declaration Of State Of Emergency In Flooded Areas In Lagos / Enugu Defies Ban, Joins Protest Against Subsidy Removal! / Lagos Government Defends Makoko Demolition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.