Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Lamentations Of Nkerefi People Of Nkanu East Lga Of Enugu State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamentations Of Nkerefi People Of Nkanu East Lga Of Enugu State (1290 Views)

Profile Of Justice W.S. Nkanu Onnoghen: Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Ondo Election: Women Groups Protest In Ondo East LGA (photos) / Priests, Sisters Protest Killing Of Enugu People By Fulanis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lamentations Of Nkerefi People Of Nkanu East Lga Of Enugu State by agwu123(m): 9:11am On Nov 11, 2016
‘NKEREFI’ – AN ENCLAVE OF THE VULNERABLE

Agriculture hub cum food basket of Enugu State, a clan with deep rooted rich Africa culture and customs. A generous, courageous and loyal people. The aforementioned attributes is evident in her consistence alignment with the popular political order of Enugu State.

Regrettably, Nkerefi has been gravely buffeted with lack of visible social amenities and absence of government presence over the years. A town abandoned by her brothers due to her physical appearance - a circumstance which become of her not by any fault of her but an aftermath of her efforts to better the lots of her brothers. This is a replica of the events described in the Songs of Solomon 1:6 which reads thus …“Don’t stare at me because I’m dark; the sun has tanned me. My mother’s sons were angry with me. They made me the caretaker of the vineyards, but I didn’t take care of my own vineyard”. Nkerefi has been used and jettisoned by her brothers and left to rot in a deplorable state.

A town remembered by politicians only during elections and when she contributes the needed votes to install them in power at the government house in Enugu, she is yet again abandoned and forgotten that she exists in the map of Enugu State.

Worrisome is the mass exodus of the youths from the town making her an ‘enclave of the elderly and vulnerable’. Do you blame the youths? No of course! Alas! The town has been severed from her neighbors due to inaccessible roads and broken bridges.

Who will restore the pride and glory of our Nkerefi? Who will defend her against external aggressors and the evaders - since the town has been left desolate and abandoned to be indwelled by only the elderly, feeble and vulnerable?

We therefore appeal to the Governor of Enugu state to come to our rescue and salvage Nkerefi by giving us the people of Nkerefi community the dividends of democracy as we cannot continue to be relegated to the background.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of Nkerefi People Of Nkanu East Lga Of Enugu State by tonaydo(m): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Lamentations Of Nkerefi People Of Nkanu East Lga Of Enugu State by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2016
Take your story to Enugu state House of Assembly, who is the Honourable representing your district in the state Assembly?
He should discuss your plight there and win amenities to your village, that's the path you should have taken, gather Elders, Chiefs in your community to meet HOA Member repping your district.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of Nkerefi People Of Nkanu East Lga Of Enugu State by agwu123(m): 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Thank you but some of the agents of government are also here who can pass the message across to them. That is the advantage of the social media.
Funnicator:
Take your story to Enugu state House of Assembly, who is the Honourable representing your district in the state Assembly?
He should discuss your plight there and win amenities to your village, that's the path you should have taken, gather Elders, Chiefs in your community to meet HOA Member repping your district.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Obiano Leading VP Prof Osibanjo On A Tour Of Anambra's Industrial Sites / Ururuka Road Aba Undergoing Reconstruction (photos) / Hot Police Officer, Dolapo Badmus Promoted To Zonal PPRO Incharge Of Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.