Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:50 AM

What Is Halloween? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Halloween? (3902 Views)

Happy Halloween! Are You Going To Do Anything Today? / Re; Halloween And Christians For Frosbel And Omo Alata / Is Celebrating Halloween Harmless? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Halloween? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
[size=13pt]OK I'm a Monster and beast and ain't scared of nothing. . . freedom from fearful living is my right and if I'm a serial killer it isn't a new thing to the world- i guess you know everybody knows me? grin grin wink[/size]
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]OK I'm a Monster and beast and ain't scared of nothing. . . freedom from fearful living is my right and if I'm a serial killer it isn't a new thing to the world- i guess you know everybody knows me? grin grin wink[/size]

If you are not scared of anything or anyone then why can't you tell us whether you feasted on humans or animals and if so, how many victims did you manage to get?
Re: What Is Halloween? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 02, 2010
I'm sure in real life this Ogaga will faint if he sees real blood. Its people like him that will put plaster on top of mosquito bite so that he won't see the blood
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Nov 02, 2010
Inner light.

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2010
Who is the one tricked here?

Re: What Is Halloween? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:09pm On Nov 09, 2010
[size=13pt]Me cheesy cheesy cheesy

well , what a funny comment- I laugh after reading it . grin grin grin wink
[/size]

bermuda1:

I'm sure in real life this Ogaga will faint if he sees real blood. Its people like him that will put plaster on top of mosquito bite so that he won't see the blood

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:19am On Oct 28, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:57am On Oct 29, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45am On Oct 31, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:48am On Oct 31, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:52am On Oct 31, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57am On Oct 31, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21am On Oct 31, 2011

Re: What Is Halloween? by plappville(f): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2011
U re so right, Halloween is the devils night.
The West just use pretends to name it as Saints day.
This event takes teens along.

Last week in France a 10yrs old boy hanged himself and was found dead.
Yestaday night in an other village/city, an 11 yrs old boy hanged himself and died in his bed room.
This Western people are been ignorant about the satanic practice of this Halloween, a public holiday is decleared for this nonsense devilish event. Teens Disguised in devilish outfits, drink strong alcoholic and dont sleep home that day.

Evil is much during this period in the West, i went to shop in a small town called Pearl in Germany and found the how the center town was decorated with Satan Statut, it was horrible. And yet they claim its a celebration for tge dead saint. Too bad for ignorant fools.
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The Devil And Halloween

"Neither give place to the devil" (Ephesians 4:27)

Halloween has long been claimed as the high, holy day of Satan worship.  This is the day when witches and warlocks gather to praise their leader and extend his work on Earth.  Festivities are marked by unprecedented evil and blasphemy, with blood sacrifices and hedonistic practices playing prominent parts.

To far too great an extent, Christian families participate in the same, with children (and parents, too) dressing up as demons, ghosts, skeletons, wizards, etc.  We can only surmise how much pleasure Satan derives from this deception.

Satan, we must remember, is the "adversary . . . (who), as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:8 ), and many times he disguises himself as "an angel of light" (2 Corinthians 11:14).  We are to "resist (him) steadfast in the faith" (1 Peter 5:9), for, "resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).

Although Satan is acknowledged to be "the prince of this world" (John 14:30), his doom is sure.  "The God of peace shall bruise [literally crush] Satan under your feet shortly" (Romans 16:20).  He will be "cast into the lake of fire and brimstone . . . and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever" (Revelation 20:10).

Until the realization of that ultimate victory is gained, our mission on Earth is to "turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God" (Acts 26:18 ).

Accordingly, let us strive to see that his harmful influence is thwarted on this, his special day.  The children of each community need protection from the evil influences boldly swarming this night.  May we, ourselves, not fall prey to his dark deceptions, and especially in the lives of our children, may we focus their attention on the Light, instead. JDM

For more . . . .
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Stinky

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/preview.swf[/flash]
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

"Give satan an inch and he'll be a ruler."
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2014
Halloween...
October 31, 2014

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils" (1 Timothy 4:1)

Halloween was a corruption of “Hallowed E’en,” the evening before “All Saints Day” in which civil disobedience and sinful license were tolerated prior to the forgiveness and penance sought the next day.

Although the level of debauchery and wickedness has waxed and waned over the centuries, nothing “hallowed” has ever been associated with the practice—until more recent times among evangelical churches. Now we promote a “Harvest Festival” or a “Bible Character Dress-up Night”—much of which encourages the practice of costuming and treats as a harmless alternative.

The difficulty is not with the church activities but with the timing and the association with that which is evil. That obvious connection with a pagan holiday will undermine resolve to “come out from among them, and be ye separate” (2 Corinthians 6:17).

Yes, no doubt that passage warns against an “unequal yoke” in marriage—but its primary focus is on church and individual purity! “What fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?” (2 Corinthians 6:14-15).

As a parent, I know the pain of restricting my children from participating in the “fun” of Halloween. And as a former pastor, I know the pressure to accommodate the majority of church members who see no “harm” in such things. However, our allegiance and our responsibility are to the Lord, not men (Colossians 3:23). HMM III

For more . . . .
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2014
Halloween is a great time to share the gospel with hundreds of children and their families.

Learn more by listening to today’s episode of “Answers with Ken Ham”

below and at this topic page:

https://answersingenesis.org/holidays/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBsTXiOyOB0
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
Words of Comfort: Turn the tables this Halloween

When our family came to the United States back in 1989, Halloween was a big part of the American culture shock. It horrified us to go to supermarkets and see such a personification of evil. We would turn the lights off on the night of Halloween, and go to bed early. If the doorbell rang, we would ignore it, and pray that the kids dressed as demons would go away.

However, one year we decided that we would let our light shine in the darkness. We purchased some candy and placed them and some tracts in plastic bags. That night, over one hundred people came to our door and took Gospel tracts—over one hundred people! The experience was so much easier than going door to door. There was no feeling awkward as I stood in someone else’s property. Neither was there the fear of having a door slammed in my face—because the world came to my door, and I closed it when I wanted to.

Turn the tables on the enemy this Halloween. Make the most evil night of the year into the most evangelistic. Think about it. Isn't the hardest thing about giving people tracts having to approach them? On October 31st, the world will come onto your property, to your door, and they will gladly take tracts from your hands. So put a welcome sign on your lawn. Put the porch light on, and make sure you take advantage of this God-given opportunity to reach the lost.

http://www.onthebox.us/2014/10/words-of-comfort-turn-tables-this.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qpBtb04NIA
Re: What Is Halloween? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
The devil's night.

Why Every Christian Must Wage Spiritual Warfare This Halloween

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/78592-why-every-christian-must-wage-spiritual-warfare-this-halloween

(1) (2) (Reply)

End-time Bible Teaching: Why We Must Watch / The 140000 Are The only Ones To Go To Heaven? / Happy Birthday To Mummy Peace Ibiyeomie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.