Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) (35965 Views)

Boko Haram May Have Used Chibok Girls As Shields During Attack – Army / Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources / Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by ssammy: 9:40am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
I have no qualms with d fg paying for the release of the girls.. ..imagining having ur daughter kidnapped, won't u try all possible means to effect her release. ....Life is more important than money
Ur view is shortsighted, so u pay cash ransom to release ur daughter and put more lives in danger by the renewed insurgency, when they are strengthened they can even abduct more girls. Another option should have been taken rather than this type of negotiations.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by obailala(m): 9:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Firefire:
Summary:

The military sources said Boko Haram did not release the girls without getting anything in return and that the Federal Government (Under Buhary) indeed paid a ransom and released some of the group’s strategists that were detained (by Jonathan).

One of the sources said it was sad that the same government that was initially seen as tough enough to end insurgency in the country failed to negotiate with Boko Haram from a position of strength.

“It is unfortunate that in government’s desperation to secure the release of the Chibok girls, it has put our (soldiers’) lives in danger by yielding to the demands of the group to collect a ransom and secure the release of its commanders.

“It is now obvious that the group has reinforced and bought more weapons to fight us.”

According to another source, left to the military, the ransom and the exchange of Boko Haram members for Chibok girls would not have taken place" - Punch

Paperwhite:
"Even if he presents NEPA certificate self we'll vote for him." Meanwhile this is what Lai-Lying-Liar Muhammed denied taking all Nigerians for some moronic cows.GEJ God kept on vindicating you. Buhari was super-clueless even as a dubious retired "Maj-Gen".El-Rufai even confirmed it.A military maxim is "never negotiate with terrorists".In order to score needless political scores, this government is now costing us the lost of invaluable lives.Nigeria enjoy your change. cry cry .Where are the nairaland change chanters when you need them
SamuelAnyawu:
Confused President lipsrsealed Buhari

GEJ refused this useless Deal

Baba GEJ We Miss you

Really?... Did these dudes just put the blame on Buhari whilst exonerating GEJ? shocked

Whose cluelessness and ineptitude led to the kidnap of the little girls over 2 years ago?

Whose cluelessness, ineptitude and corruption permitted a small rag-tag group of miscreants in the suburbs of Maiduguri grow into a regional terror force?

Whose stinking mess has Buhari been trying to clean since he came in power?

Some humans are utterly and riduculously shameless.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by Styx01: 9:45am On Nov 12, 2016
ivandragon:

http://punchng.com/bharam-used-chibok-ransom-buy-powerful-weapons-military-sources/
A govt sponsoring war against herself...what a tragedy!!! How can a sane president empower a group that is an opposite of every good thing? Nigeria is doomed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by ivandragon: 9:46am On Nov 12, 2016
the story is slightly distorted...

what happened is this...

the BH faction sympathetic to this regime, the ones that nominated PMB as their negotiator & who carried out the initial abduction were the ones that released the girls in its possession. hence they being in 'pristine' condition.

the FG knew all along where they were kept & was waiting for the right time to bring them out.

the money paid was for a job well done.

now, the other faction, want their own share of the booty & are driving a hard bargain.

but the girls in their possession are less 'pristine'. so that faction is hitting hard to put the FG under intense pressure.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by kenex4ever(m): 9:47am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
I have no qualms with d fg paying for the release of the girls.. ..imagining having ur daughter kidnapped, won't u try all possible means to effect her release. ....Life is more important than money
21girls also more important than close to 100 soldiers.
Only an airhead thinks about action without condidering d reaction

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by obailala(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2016
Adagba01:
Ezekwesili, Aisha Yesuf and BBOG should should burry their heads in shame for these killings that turn many women to widows, many children to orphans, happy parents to mourners. The deaths of young men and women with bright future cut short for the sake of Chibok girls, doesn't achievements anything other than more sorrows and tears.
By demanding that something should be done for kidnapped girls to be released, you now think these women deserve blame for killing of soldiers?...

The kind of warped reasoning one sees in Nigeria is wonderful.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2016
... The only weapon to fight insurgency is TRUTH AND HONESTY.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by portside(m): 9:49am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
you talk without reasoning, the question is that the money you pay is now being used to end that life you once paid who is at lost?remember no life is superior to the other be the military or the chibok girls
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by ibitox(m): 9:50am On Nov 12, 2016
And who the hell sold the weapons to the terrorists? Are they trying to tell us dat bokoharam has now become a nation on its own. Are they trying to tell us dat boko haram can go ahead and acquire these weapons freely without being apprehended by the authorities?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by onimcee1(m): 9:51am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
21 lives are not more important than 100 lives.
21 girls were released and more than a 100 people have been killed because of the proceeds from the release of the 21 girls.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
so d soldiers paying with their lives are not people's families too?? d fact is they cld av let those soldiers continue d battle since they were winning. They cant kill the girls cos they need them. What fg just did is (strengthening their ememies). Who gave d advice nd how did baba succumb to that?? This ppl were already surrendering

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2016
obailala:
By demanding that something should be done for kidnapped girls to be released, you now think these women deserve blame for killing of soldiers?...

The kind of warped reasoning one sees in Nigeria is wonderful.
It's a pity that you have refused to read the writing on the wall.
Let me help you...
Go back to the very beginning of the chibok kidnap saga and all the prior events relating to this boko Haram insurrection. Do a critical analysis of all the events, but first get rid of political, ethnic, religious or any other sentiments. You'll see there's more than meets the eye.
Never believe everything u hear in the media. Do your own research
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by chyket(m): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2016
Makes sense and very logical!!!
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by mormoney85(m): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
u released twenty girls now more than hundred people might die both husband n children at d end they will kidnapp more than twenty agian who is wise in this deal i think boko is
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2016
ibitox:
And who the hell sold the weapons to the terrorists? Are they trying to tell us dat bokoharam has now become a nation on its own. Are they trying to tell us dat boko haram can go ahead and acquire these weapons freely without being apprehended by the authorities?
Your comment is funny. Of course anyone can purchase weapons if you know where to look.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by DonaTee(f): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2016
Y are they rehabilitating n detaining the terrorists? Are dey going to try dem or what?
These r pple who did not seek amnesty n would av killed d soldiers if dey had an upper hand.

what important strategic information has d govt gotten from these terrorists dat has aided d squashing of this group?

At this point should be shoot at sight. Not detaining dem n wasting resources of d prison.

Now im beginning to believe d boko took d girls as planned by deir sponsor politicians but took laws into deir hands n no longer keeping to d conspiracy.

im still wondering y d govt paid ransom to bh. Is d ransom as settlement to stop d bombings? Or to enrich d bh?

Even a blind man can now see dat d govt paid d money to encourage more bombings.

God will punish bh n all deir sponsors.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by mej67: 10:12am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:

You should have qualms, why not.

The analogy is rubbish.

One, you are not govt, you don't have the army and a all the security apparatus available to govt.

What this clearly mean is that Buhari administration is admitting not being able to secure Nigerians within the nations internal boarders.
Instead of paying ransome, they should have worked to smash them and rescue the girls or fail but scatter the apprehended.

Where are these Boho Horam bandits? Not somewhere in Libya or Morocco but somewhere within our boarders, within known local governments. Even Sambisa is a known location.

What kind of nation is Nigeria sef? Assuming we are at war with another country. So their combatants can hide somewhere and we will not be able to find them.

It's a big shame and dull national disgrace that the location of abducted first cannot be found up rill now.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by jamesjude: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:

I don't agree with you bro. what about the lives of the soldiers that are being killed and wasted on a daily bases due to the re enforcement of boko haram? are they not peoples fathers, husbands, brothers and peoples sons? If it was your brother or husband or son or father in the Amy that was killed due to the now re enforced boko haram, will you be able to say what you just said above? To me, noting much has been achieved here, it is a case of robing peter to satisfy Paul.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:16am On Nov 12, 2016
obailala:

Really?... Did these dudes just put the blame on Buhari whilst exonerating GEJ? shocked

Whose cluelessness and ineptitude led to the kidnap of the little girls over 2 years ago?

Whose cluelessness, ineptitude and corruption permitted a small rag-tag group of miscreants in the suburbs of Maiduguri grow into a regional terror force?

Whose stinking mess has Buhari been trying to clean since he came in power?

Some humans are utterly and riduculously shameless.
Let's keep blaming the previous administration.
One day you'll wake up to find that your house has been blown up.
The current government was elected because they promised us CHANGE but all we've been getting are lies, propaganda, excuses, blames, trial nd error.

I voted neither jonathan nor buhari because I knew they both were not good enough for this country

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by LordAdam: 10:16am On Nov 12, 2016
@PunterTim, your attention is needed here.

-Lord
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by ubahtraco: 10:23am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
. u self what of the thousands of soldiers they killed because of them are they more important than the soldiers life.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by prof12(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2016
ALL THE CERTIFIED FOOLS AND HYPOCRITES WHO CAME ONLINE TO CONDEMN THE GOVERNMENT FOR PAYING RANSOM TO THE BOKO HARAM SECT WERE ALSO THE ONES THAT WERE CRITICIZING THE GOVERNMENT FOR NOT DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE INCLUDING NEGOTIATING WITH THE BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS IN THE PAST TO SECURE THE RELEASE OF THE CHIBOK GIRLS, AS IF THEY ARE THE ONLY GIRLS IN BOKO HARAM CAPTIVITY.
HERE THEY ARE NOW SAYING ALL KINDS OF TRASH AND NONSENSE.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by brain247(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2016
$25m for the release of 21 girls,i said it that these president brain is fried.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 12, 2016
what is this one saying

ayodotcom:
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by XaintJoel20: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2016
Flexherbal:
Mr VP said no ransom was paid, as if BOKO boys are Father Christmas.
Imagine that lied emanated from a so called man of God.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by UchaNwababa: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2016
No Coment's Until Power Return to East.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by Aywire(m): 10:44am On Nov 12, 2016
Simple as putting sleeping pills in the food of the captured nd planting tracking chip devices under their skin to know the hot spots for arial bombardment, oh, i guess we know we this skinnies are already, we dnt just hv the fire ower to go in thr. Smh
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by coolplanet: 10:48am On Nov 12, 2016
spinna:
i talk am

Na so.some useless guys will come here to support this useless and liar called APC.i thought the presidency denies ever paying ransom.this is another corruption worst than the embezzlement of PDP. Watch out for more to come. I know fully well that God is at work and they will never see peace.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by coolplanet: 10:51am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:

See talk.so do u support lies from the presidency that no ransom was paid.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by Raskasal(m): 10:58am On Nov 12, 2016
Paperwhite:
"Even if he presents NEPA certificate self we'll vote for him." Meanwhile this is what Lai-Lying-Liar Muhammed denied taking all Nigerians for some moronic cows.GEJ God kept on vindicating you. Buhari was super-clueless even as a dubious retired "Maj-Gen".El-Rufai even confirmed it.A military maxim is "never negotiate with terrorists".In order to score needless political scores, this government is now costing us the lost of invaluable lives.Nigeria enjoy your change. cry cry .Where are the nairaland change chanters when you need them

Look at you. U're ranting here, what would you have say if those girls were not released? Infact Nigerians were the ones who forced the FG into negotiating with BH, I could remember Buhari saying then that he won't negotiate, but people staged protests asking him to negotiate, now the result is here, u are here ranting rubbish. It's so clear Nigerians can't be satisfied.. ..
Meanwhile you can write a journal on how to successfully combat Boko Haram, even Niger Delta sef, u say make govt negotiate, tomorrow now, u'll come to Nairaland and rant over its effect just to show ur hate for Buhari. but you know what, the more you hate, the more he prosper.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by lekonso: 11:06am On Nov 12, 2016
ayodotcom:
But they did not return the girls the same way they were captured. One came with boko haram baby and many others must have been slept with. The Govt returned thier commanders intact the way they were arrested. So who has lost out now? boko haram or the Govt. Many soldiers have been lost far more than 21 girls released. Pls use your common sense to think.
Re: Boko Haram Used Chibok Ransom To Buy Powerful Weapons – Military Sources (Punch) by PunterTim(m): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2016
LordAdam:
@PunterTim, your attention is needed here.

-Lord
Hola

How much is the ransom and how much "powerful" weapons can it buy?

This is a rhetorical question ofcourse!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Donald Trump Yet To Meet At UN After ‘Lifeless Comment’. Photos / Yakubu Gowon: Why I Detained Soyinka During The Civil War / Checkout This Atiku's Daughter, Rukaiya's Tweet (Snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.