Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath (29095 Views)

HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! / 10 Helpful Ways To Stop Bad Breath / Helpful Remedies For Fixing Bad Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by winetapper: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2016
Some people has this bad breath, that before they think of what to tell you, you have already start perceiving the odor angry

Let me start with the causes then the cure.
The origins of bad breath are not mysterious: dental cavities, gum disease, poor oral hygiene, coated tongue (a white or yellow coating on the tongue, usually due to inflammation) are among the most common. 

Hundreds of bacteria live in our mouths and some of them—on the tongue or below the gumline or in pockets created by gum disease between gums and teeth, for example—create sulfurous smells.  

Other causes may include malnutrition (fat breakdown gives your breath a fruity odor), uncontrolled diabetes, and dry mouth (saliva has an antimicrobial effect). Infections such as sore throat or sinusitis, or intestinal disorders, such as heartburn, ulcers, and lactose intolerance, also result in bad breath.

Bad breath can be intermittent as well. Food and drink, such as garlic, onions, coffee, and alcohol, can temporarily cause bad breath. Smokers also suffer from it. Whatever the cause, treatment involves correcting the underlying disorder—and/or perhaps trying a few easy solutions

Here are 10 ways to fight bad breath: smiley

1 .  Drink plenty of water and swish cool water around in your mouth. This is especially helpful to freshen “morning breath.”

2. Brush after every meal and floss, preferably twice a day.

3 . Replace your toothbrush every two to three months.

4. Arrange regular dental checkups and cleanings.

5.Scrape your tongue each morning with a tongue scraper or spoon to decrease the bacteria, fungi, and dead cells that can cause odor. Hold the tip of the tongue with gauze to pull it forward in order to clean the back of the tongue.

6. Chew a handful of cloves, fennel seeds, or aniseeds. Their antiseptic qualities help fight halitosis-causing bacteria.

7. Chew a piece of lemon or orange rind for a mouth- freshening burst of flavor. (Wash the rind thoroughly first.) The citric acid will stimulate the salivary glands—and fight bad breath.

8. Chew a fresh sprig of parsley, basil, mint, or cilantro. The chlorophyll in these green plants neutralizes odors.

9. Try a 30-second mouthwash rinse that is alcohol-free (unike many off-the-shelf products). Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of baking soda (which changes the pH level and fights odor in the mouth) and a few drops of antimicrobial peppermint essential oil. Don’t swallow it! (Yields several rinses.)

10. One cannot know everything, please add yours in case you have any. 

Cc Dominique

24 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by winetapper: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2016
Source : http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/white-seeber-grogan-the-remedy-chicks/ways-fight-bad-breath-naturally/

Please note : This Article is solely written to #HelpSaveBabyTobi
#GiveTobiAHeart

Your 500naira will make a difference smiley
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Funjosh(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
You will not understand this until you had an encounter with someone having chronic Bad breath lipsrsealed

Please save a life Nothing is too small. Check my signature

13 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by MizTyna(f): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
Lol! Nice one winetapper

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Aminat508(f): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2016
HELP SAVE BABY TOBI

please click here

https://www.nairaland.com/3441086/please-save-baby-tobi to save a life
cry cry

2 Shares

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by herzern1(m): 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2016

How I wish Kafayat will read this.....

She was talkinq 20 miles away from me yesterday....and the odour is still spillinq out..... undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Glaxxs: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
Washh thrice every day and night.
Always lick TOM TOM.
And lastly just shut d fvck up even when you wish to say something undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Deepfreezer(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
BACK!!! Thank God i was able to get some rest while the ban lasted.

For those of us that enjoy kissing. Bad breath is a turn off.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by dingbang(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2016
Oya everybody should smell their breadth fast!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by oluFELAxy(m): 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
Helpful

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Mopolchi: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
okay you lick menthol or Tom Tom sweet often

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by slimthugchime(m): 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2016
useless gabbage over over again undecided your brush would have saved you from.all this crap but you decided to let os rust undecided

bullcrap undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Rilwayne001: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
Monseur Smellymouth comes to mind grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by blackarcher: 3:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
very informative.

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by DICKtator: 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2016
Use iron sponge on your tongue

Or chew garlic

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by YINKS89(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
u don talk am....

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Peterpanny: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
Bad odour as in smellymouth

6 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by kingcomet(m): 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
hehe. leave am like dat @op. Nneka's bad breath dey kill mosquitoes for my compound.

1 Like

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Smellymouth: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Monseur Smellym.outh comes to mind grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy

Ahn- Ahn.. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Smellymouth: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Peterpanny:
Bad odour as in smellym.outh

16 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by bishopcarter: 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
smack down bro cheesy cheesy cheesy
herzern1:

How I wish Kafayat will read this.....

She was talkinq 20 miles away from me yesterday....and the odour is still spillinq out..... undecided undecided

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by jeeqaa7(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
Use awusa perfume aka turari

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by donblade85555(m): 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
toju I hope u reading this
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by chicoMX(m): 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
Op, please I want my tongue to be as red as girl's own.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by maishai: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2016
Stop eating meat and processed foods in packaging and your mouth odor or body odor will disappear miraculously.... No need to see docs for prescription

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by donblade85555(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
slimthugchime:
useless gabbage over over again undecided your brush would have saved you from.all this crap but you decided to let os rust undecided

bullcrap undecided
dats what you guys think......They brush even more than you but their mouth still smells.........That is just how thier system is, is not thier fault.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by AdaIhiala(f): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2016
Bad breath can be very discomforting I must say for the perceiver. The worst is when the person with bad breath talks directly into your face and trust me 'they' are talkatives!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by mistermoi(m): 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 12, 2016
Cc: Smellymouth sad
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Alajiki(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
Educative! Well done.
Re: 10 Helpful Ways To Fight Bad Breath by Jaynom(m): 4:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
GINGER has long been used as a natural remedy for upset stomachs; in the same vein, it is often used for knocking out halitosis. To make a homemade ginger rinse, dice fresh ginger and mix with lemon and hot water.
also try BITTER KOLA that shi will kill d bacteria in your mouth

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Narrates How Birth Control Nearly Killed Her (photo) / Ambulance On An Emergency Runs Out Of Fuel (see Photo) / Obituary Of Ndukwu Chizorom Cecilia, Doctor Who Died Of Laser Fever In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.