Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,241 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO (2948 Views)

Nigeria Is So Indebted That Lenders Hesitate To Give Us Loans- Senator Ben Bruce / Anambra Least Foreign And Domestic Indebted State. Lagos, Osun, Highest -NBS / Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by nwabobo: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by nwabobo: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
Anambra owes the least. Kudos Obi & Obiano.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by omoyowa: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
Osun state is in trouble...
sorry for d indigenes...
D people will be in their home sleeping and heard that they and d state have been sold to dangote.
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by nwabobo: 9:47pm On Nov 12, 2016
Why are Afonjas avoiding this thread?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by agabusta: 1:06am On Nov 13, 2016
This is misleading. Why putting up only the domestic debt?

The DMO should have put up both the domestic and foreign segment of state debts so that the actual debt position of the states can be known.

Some states may be having high domestic debt and low foreign debt while some others may be having high foreign debt and low domestic debt.

I know Edo state is having high foreign debt. But here, they have a low domestic debt which is kind of misleading.

OP kindly upload the foreign debts.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by agabusta: 1:24am On Nov 13, 2016
I have visited the DMO website to extract the external (foreign) debts of each state.

Here is the reference:

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/debt-profile/sub-nationals-debts/1130-states-and-federal-governments-external-debt-stock-as-at-30th-june-2016

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by agabusta: 1:27am On Nov 13, 2016
It must be pointed out that being indebted is not entirely bad, if the debt was used to make the state more productive and viable. The United states is one of the most indebted countries in the world.

But their financial viability and productivity is 2nd to none.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by ifyan(m): 2:01am On Nov 13, 2016
agabusta:
It must be pointed out that being indebted is not entirely bad, if the debt was used to make the state more productive and viable. The United states is one of the most indebted countries in the world.

But their financial viability and productivity is 2nd to none.

The last reccession the world experienced was because of debt bro.
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by ifyan(m): 2:02am On Nov 13, 2016
nwabobo:
Anambra owes the least. Kudos Obi & Obiano.

Thanks bro . Obi
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by ifyan(m): 2:04am On Nov 13, 2016
Debt is not quiet alright it should be paid early.

Most economist will understand better
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Yyeske(m): 2:11am On Nov 13, 2016
Bad belle people, continue in your hate for Anambra, we no send una again.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Sibrah: 2:47am On Nov 13, 2016
State like Osun used most ( 95% ) of the money to impress for four years. For example, Agabusta should realize that things like Opòn Imó, O-feed and school buildings in Osun state can't yeild any significant return in the next 20 - 30 years. The bitter truth is, most of the loans where squandered. No need defending failures.
I challenge Aregbe to list the state's assets for sale and let's if the price they command comes close to the loans they took.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:29am On Nov 13, 2016
Sibrah:
State like Osun used most ( 95% ) of the money to impress for four years. For example, Agabusta should realize that things like Opòn Imó, O-feed and school buildings in Osun state can't yeild any significant return in the next 20 - 30 years. The bitter truth is, most of the loans where squandered. No need defending failures.
I challenge Aregbe to list the state's assets for sale and let's if the price they command comes close to the loans they took.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by greenermodels: 6:47am On Nov 13, 2016
Sibrah:
do you also notice that apc states seems to be the most heavily indebted? buhari is towing the same line with our national economy.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Sibrah: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2016
greenermodels:
do you also notice that apc states seems to be the most heavily indebted? buhari is towing the same line with our national economy.
I am not bothered whether APC is more indebted than PDP or APGA. They are all guilty to varying extent and I suggest states only borrow against proven IGR capacity and not against fluctuating oil income. Most of the states are pressuring Buhari in to selling National assets today, where are their own assets they built with those competing loan figures?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Nukualofa: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2016
Osun people should be careful because one day Banks might liquidate Osun state and turn the indigenes to slaves by exporting them to anywhere farm work is needed since there is no assets to sell

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2016
omoyowa:
Osun state is in trouble...
sorry for d indigenes...
D people will be in their home sleeping and heard that they and d state have been sold to dangote.
What would you say of Delta?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by greenermodels: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2016
Sibrah:
I am not bothered whether APC is more indebted than PDP or APGA. They are all guilty to varying extent and I suggest states only borrow against proven IGR capacity and not against fluctuating oil income. Most of the states are pressuring Buhari in to selling National assets today, where are their own assets they built with those competing loan figures?
i don't agree with you, they should only borrow for specific projects that have proved means of it paying back the money and interest, thus we should borrow only to build sea ports, farm settlements, fertilizer factories etc
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by waledeji(m): 8:01am On Nov 13, 2016
Check the 2016 version grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by waledeji(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2016
@OP the one you displayed was for 2015 grin grin grin

This is the 2016 version cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2016
waledeji:
Check the 2016 version grin grin grin
Show us 2016 internal debt version
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by SpaceTour: 8:08am On Nov 13, 2016
What you showed is external debt stock for the states but the OP is showing us domestic/internal debts for the states. So focus on the subject of the thread.

waledeji:
@OP the one you displayed was for 2015 This is the 2016 version :
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by realglobe: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2016
This talk about debt is just nonsense.. Lagos is the most indebted state but everyone here would rather stay in Lagos than other states.. Debts are not bad except when it is used for jamboree and consumption like in the cases of Edo and Osun. If a serious governor can take out debts to build infrastructure and create employment, I totally have no problem with that. We should be talking about governors that misappropriated their borrowed funds like edo, imo and osun
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by SpaceTour: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2016
I agree with you. We should be concerned by those states that wasted their loans and pillaged their states with nothing to show but salary arrears and zero infrastructure..

realglobe:
This talk about debt is just nonsense.. Lagos is the most indebted state but everyone here would rather stay in Lagos than other states.. Debts are not bad except when it is used for jamboree and consumption like in the cases of Edo and Osun. If a serious governor can take out debts to build infrastructure and create employment, I totally have no problem with that. We should be talking about governors that misappropriated their borrowed funds like edo, imo and osun

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Sibrah: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2016
greenermodels:
i don't agree with you, they should only borrow for specific projects that have proved means of it paying back the money and interest, thus we should borrow only to build sea ports, farm settlements, fertilizer factories etc
Does free-feeding, schools, Opon Imo, and Mosques fall under the bold?

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Yyeske(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2016
realglobe:
Good point you made but not all 182 million Nigerians would take Lagos as home because most of us detaste the overhyped Lagos
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by omoyowa: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2016
asuustrike2009:
What would you say of Delta?
how can you compare delta with Osun... Do Osun state have oil.. what is d IGR of Osun state.. what is d federal allocation to Osun state... what is d economic viability of Osun state..
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 13, 2016
omoyowa:

how can you compare delta with Osun...
Do Osun state have oil..
what is d IGR of Osun state..
what is d federal allocation to Osun state...
what is d economic viability of Osun state..
Are you aware that delta state is indebted? At least osun state was able to embark on some projects but delta state is the worse I have ever come across in my life

1 Like

Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by progress69: 11:33am On Nov 13, 2016
omoyowa:

how can you compare delta with Osun...
Do Osun state have oil..
what is d IGR of Osun state..
what is d federal allocation to Osun state...
what is d economic viability of Osun state..

You are contradicting your self. You don't even understand ehag u are dabbling into. Who is supposed to owe more?

Some braina are excessively dull
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by omoyowa: 11:46am On Nov 13, 2016
progress69:

You are contradicting your self. You don't even understand ehag u are dabbling into. Who is supposed to owe more?

Some braina are excessively dull

youngman, you are d one contradicting yourself....
d debt profile of a state should match with d average earning of that state...
for example: Mr A earning 1000 can easily pay a debt of #100..WHILE Mr B earning #300 will find it difficult to pay a debt of #50.
Re: Anambra state is the least indebted (domestic debt) state in Nigeria - DMO by omoyowa: 11:53am On Nov 13, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Are you aware that delta state is indebted? At least osun state was able to embark on some projects but delta state is the worse I have ever come across in my life

still yet,Delta state is still more economically viable than Osun state....
Delta state can pay that debt in a twinkle of an eye....
while Osun state will find it difficult to pay that debt...
Can't you see that that of Lagos,that is because Lagos state average annual earning can cover up d debt...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Death Rumour: Governor Publicly Declares Support For Osinbajo / Biafra: IPoB Carrying Out Massive Evangelism and Recruitment in UNN / IPOB Warns Ohanaeze Against Summit, Threatens To Kill Nwodo, Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.