Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,058 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office (4435 Views)

Osinbajo Appoints Patience Oniha As DG Of Debt Management Office / Don’t Borrow Above $22 Billion – Debt Management Office Warns Buhari / Locate Your In The 2015 Domestic Debt Chart From The Drop Office! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by bukifemi1: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
At N320B, Delta state has the highest and I wonder if their government

built highways and high speed trains to heaven with that kind of money.

Now you can see why many states can not pay workers salaries. Latest report

show that only Anambra and Lagos states pay salaries as and when due.

2 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by modath(f): 7:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Anambra and Yobe... Nice, lowest debt profile....

Fayose wailing upandan is 52b meanwhile he claimed more than double that figure...

Aregbe representing, 114b!!, Jesu kristi shocked, na to sell citizens kidney sure pass....... Did lots of projects but still, gbese re...

Despite 13% and no visible progress Delta's debt burden is crippling!!, Looks like the administrators of that state do nothing else but steal and settle militants and warlords?

Delta should either be placed on OLX or be acquired by Anambra state stat..... smiley

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Vendoor(f): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2016
Delta shocked
With all the oil money

1 Like

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Yyeske(m): 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
I wonder why virtually all SS states have debts above 100bn naira and are even owning their workers?
Thank God for Anambra my state

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Yyeske(m): 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
modath:

Despite 13% and no visible progress Delta's debt burden is crippling!!, Looks like the administrators of that state do nothing else but steal and settle militants and warlords?

Delta should either be placed on OLX or be acquired by Anambra state stat..... smiley
Delta is really a disappointment, having such debt with nothing to show for it. Tufia!

5 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by sCun: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
modath:

Conveniently ignored your south wàste states. What did Osun state do with all that debt and how long is it going to take them to pay that sort of money?

20 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by EmeeNaka: 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Delta state. Even higher debt than Lagos and nothing to show for it.
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by modath(f): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Yyeske:
Delta is really a disappointment, having such debt with nothing to show for it. Tufia!

Who told you they have nothing to show? You think it is easy to maintain Ibori and Tompolo's legion of jobbers? smiley

sCun

Go back and modify... Whatever you say about my land, Yoruba land is not inhospitable ,3/4 of us aren't running from it.... Yorubaland does not truncate progress, people grow and thrive , hence the Exodus from uguland into SW......

It's highly likely that if 70% of your people stayed in their sahara, aren't running away from your barren land, increasing exponentially the population of SW states , stretching their facilities so thin, the debt profile wouldn't be high.... SW is carrying it's own and your own dead weight as well.... You don't go to hospitals and schools? Don't ply the road? You are less than smart.

No, SW isn't a waste, Waste is where people flee from and we both know which of the two fits..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by RRoyaId: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2016
Following..I will comment later!

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Yyeske(m): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
modath:

Who told you they have nothing to show? You think it is easy to maintain Ibori and Tompolo's legion of jobbers? smiley

sCun

Go back and modify... Whatever you say about my land, it's not an inhospitable ,3/4 of us aren't running from it..
Easy, I guess it's a case of mixed identity on the part of sCun
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Sydney22: 7:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
modath:

Fayose wailing upandan is 52b meanwhile he claimed more than double that figure...

Aregbe representing, 114b!!, Jesu kristi shocked, na to sell citizens kidney sure pass....... Did lots of projects but still, gbese re...

??

10 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by amaechi1: 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2016
Yobe a dry land and Anambra threaten by erosion, still could maintain low debt profile. Restructuring without financial discipline will lead us to nowhere. For delta state, the whole world we now see the noise about avenger and militancy.

Well done Yobe and Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Pavore9: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
The South-south region is carrying the banner!
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by kherington: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2016
God bless Peter obi

12 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2016
South south states keep voting dull people for governors

PDP should be replaced with APGA. It seems they have nothing more to offer

4 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by MXrep: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
Osun is in deep poo, SS owing highest despite oyel money, Anambra the least domestically indebted state, i still respect Peter Obi, he was a good disciple of Okonjo Iweala and her gospel of saving for the rainy days

11 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by EmeeNaka: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
Aa
MXrep:
Osun is in deep poo, SS owing highest despite oyel money, Anambra the least domestically indebted state, i still respect Peter Obi, he was a good disciple of Okonjo Iweala and her gospel of saving for the rainy days
Osun state debt is higher than that of the SE states put together.

7 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by kayfra: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2016
Osun. Dayum!!! cry
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by doublewisdom: 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
shocked shocked Uduaghan almost wrecked the Big Heart! The dolt almost put us on the same level as most SW states that depend on charity to survive.

9 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by freeze001(f): 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
EmeeNaka:
Aa Osun state debt is higher than that of the SE states put together.

Check ur maths...

3 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2016
Imo the highest financial indebted state in Southeast....

Chai Senator Samuel Anyanwu (Sam Daddy) well 2019 is close cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by obailala(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
Delta state seems to be cursed with bad leaders.... Such an amount being owed and we cant point out a single major project to show for it besides asaba airport. So much for 13% derivation; useless leaders pocket the money and leave the communities in perpetual poverty. Meanwhile gullible youths continue to swallow the dubious diversion from rogue leaders that 'other tribes and regions' are responsible for the poverty in the creeks.
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Joe4lv(m): 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Let me analyse Anambra state debt for you to show you that in essence, Anambra isn't in debt.

the FG owes Anambra a backlog of 26b as monies used for federal road construction/repairs in the state and if you substract 3bn from 26bn you will find out that Anambra state is the only state floating above the debt ridden stance of Nigerian states.

I took my time to study the reasons why federal roads in most states are best to be addressed as 'death traps' and I realised the cause is more of federal govt than states. most of the state governors are willing to repair federal bad roads in their states and later FG reimburse then, even if it means borrowing to do so but let's do the maths and see why they don't.

you borrow 5bn to do road from a bank at an interest rate of let's say 23% per annum. called minister of works to value your proposal and approve you do it so later they pay you. you take the loan and after doing the road while the interest runs,FG didn't pay back in 5 years and guess what,you have succeeded in indebting your state even when you leave office.

this hinders development and I suggest all allocation to states be increased and all federal roads within a state be managed by state govt.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by kherington: 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Joe4lv:
Let me analyse Anambra state debt for you to show you that in essence, Anambra isn't in debt.

the FG owes Anambra a backlog of 26b as monies used for federal road construction/repairs in the state and if you substract 3bn from 26bn you will find out that Anambra state is the only state floating above the debt ridden stance of Nigerian states.

I took my time to study the reasons why federal roads in most states are best to be addressed as 'death traps' and I realised the cause is more of federal govt than states. most of the state governors are willing to repair federal bad roads in their states and later FG reimburse then, even if it means borrowing to do so but let's do the maths and see why they don't.

you borrow 5bn to do road from a bank at an interest rate of let's say 23% per annum. called minister of works to value your proposal and approve you do it so later they pay you. you take the loan and after doing the road while the interest runs,FG didn't pay back in 5 years and guess what,you have succeeded in indebting your state even when you leave office.

this hinders development and I suggest all allocation to states be increased and all federal roads within a state be managed by state govt.
i never knew about this thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by gr8ofnnetwork(m): 11:26pm On Aug 02, 2016
Delta State with all the allocations accruing to it still take the Lead in DEBT profile of Nigeria. Indirectly, the future generations have been mortgaged with this debt due to bad governance and financial misappropriation. The schools are still in their sorry state, hospitals going down the drain per day, the roads( over 60%) are show of shame, infrastructural developments has eluded us with few exceptionality, the staff strength is daily depleting without notable replacement and hosts of other ignominy has bedevilled the state. Still our Debt Profile is A1! How I wish someone from the present administration( a product of Ibori/Uduaghan dynasty) can give us the historical background of these debts? Father do not leave that state alone.
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by EazyMoh(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
If not for that useless Lamido airport my state would have been debt free. The airport alone costs N17bn out of 22.
God Punish Yuguda! That man has destroyed the future of Bauchi.
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by malton: 12:04am On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Flyingngel(m): 12:19am On Aug 03, 2016
My state- Akwa Ibom and other oil producing states including Lagos have nothing to do any where near debt, but u see all wharf they care abt is their family and generations yet unborn. Then we here will b busy fighting for APC or PDP with empty stomach. Who ever does that shld continue.
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by aresa: 12:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Delta debt pass Lagos.....odikwa very very risky o...

And what's on the ground to show? Nothing..

Smh..
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by jpphilips(m): 12:34am On Aug 03, 2016
Vendoor:
Delta shocked
With all the oil money
And bombing
Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by Osmondinho(m): 3:19am On Aug 03, 2016
Proudly Anambrian

Its not a surprise that Anambra debt is so low.... That's the symptoms of successive good governance and accountability.

Nigeria can get there when successive government take over!!!

9 Likes

Re: Check Your State Domestic Debt Chart- Debt Management Office by aresa: 5:02am On Aug 03, 2016
Joe4lv:

What's road got t o do with debt? You people just spin rubbish to absurdities...

For 16 long years, you can not list at least 5 major projects or even any visionary project in the whole of Anambra so of what relevance is you having debt or not when in fact you've wasted 16 years and achieved nothing...?

It's called penny wise pounds foolish..

Great Nations and societies grow and progress with debt so saying you are debt free while having nothing to show on the ground is incompetence and not a bade of honor..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kalu's Title:*DAN BAIWAN HAUSA Means "Son Of Hausa Slave Girl" / Why Do Hausa And Fulani People Always Carry Dagger With Them(pix) / The Genius Ambode Sacked Now The UN Sec Gen Special Rep And CEO Seforall. PICS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.