Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,003 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. (49485 Views)

Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Sinister Affections Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
CHAPTER 33

After researching for clues, the digging, the unearthing for more facts that will back Umar’s research, he was tired and needed massaging.

He went out of the hotel, got into his car, and drove out. Ignoring all traffic lights, Umar was in need of more action, more passion.

Umar can’t describe himself as a good father, because whenever he is away from home on work, he takes the liberty of indulging in amoral acts because the urge he cannot control.

Sometimes when there is nobody there to help him out with his urges, he did it himself. Stroking his groin with his hand, erecting watery sperm into his boxer, staining his trouser, he uses his handkerchief to clean off signs of it has it soaked the zip section of his trouser.

Sometimes making it hard for him to walk. He took a sharp turn towards the area where he gets clean whores at an expensive price, but they are damn clean, he always says.

There were ladies by the roadside, some yellow, black, chocolate color in skin tone.

There were four cars there; inside each car were men, young and old, selecting and making their pick.

After deciding on their pick, their choice lady will open the front car door and enter the car, driving them to a hotel of wherever nice they could have sex.

This ladies are different from other street walkers, because they provide sexual favours in massage parlors, expensive hotels and out of their own apartments.

At the end of the spectrum, often, they work for themselves and charge sums of money that can run into thousands of Naira for a night out.

Sometimes their clients are politicians, sports figures, and Nollywood movie stars.

Some of these women have stated that they are attracted by the large sums of money they can earn while they are still young.

Others see it as a way to pay or university education and further advancement.

Most state that they intend to leave the business once they have earned the amount they want or need.

They also see themselves as helping men save their marriages by supplying something they cannot get at home, or helping them chase away loneliness when they are on business trips.

There are women who see prostitution as their way out of poverty. While they may choose to sell themselves, it is economic necessity that drives them.

These are people who are unable to get jobs and are sometimes the only bread winners in the family.

Umar has interviewed some men on the reasons they patronize sex workers; some said, they just wanted sex but without all of emotional attachment that comes with a girlfriend, marriage and family; wanting casual sex with no obligations attached, while some said that they were being convinced that their Instruments is too small and that any average woman would laugh at and reject them.

Finally some said, working long, hard hours away from home, just in the case Umar.

As Umar proceeded with car forward almost eight ladies stepped towards the car, seeking that Umar was driving a Range Rover Sport, which he would pay big.

Umar wine-down his car left door glass and the ladies were marketing themselves to Umar, telling him what they could do for him on the bed, different strokes and styles they could show him.

At the long run, Umar choose a tall yellow light skinned lady that had artificial blue eyes.

Other ladies stepped back as the chosen lady entered the car. She waved to her co-whores and said they will meet in the morning.

The range rover swerved and retraced back to how it had came.

..................................................................................

CHARLES dropped Anthony in front of his house. Anthony looked at his house across the road and said to Charles “We are not making any progress Charles”

Charles didn’t say anything just stared at Anthony as if he was a stature.

“Isn’t there another way round we could nail these people?” Anthony asked.

Charles didn’t reply, he kept staring.

“Answer me Charles, am not talking to myself.” Anthony barked with fire in his eyes.

Charles heaved out a breath, took out a cigarette from his trouser pocket along with a lighter, he removed a stick of cigarette from the pack, placed the cigarette’s butt between his lips and was about to lit it with his lighter, Anthony snapped at him “You know am not comfortable around cigarettes”.

Charles felt the air was knocked out of him “Damn it Anthony, what do you want me to say?” he said further “I didn’t compel this mission on you, it was my mission, you forced yourself in and now you are scared.”

“Am not scared” Anthony snapped again.

“I just want this to be over, I want to go out in the night without looking at my back everyday, I want to go out in the morning without seeing your agents surveying my every movement.

I want to hold Tina hands in mine without being afraid that someone will use her to get to me.

I don’t want to go to my dad as a prodigal son, and tell him how sorry I am for not listening to him because it breaks my ego!” Anthony said further “I am no lab rat Charles. No am not.”

Charles could feel that Anthony was on the brink of shredding tears, so he said.

“I will call my supervisor and tell him to pull you out of this mission.”

Anthony said with anger “You better don’t!”

“Then what the Bleep do you want from me Anthony?” Charles said.

“Just get your stupid agents away from my house.” Anthony replied.

“You of all people knows that I can’t do that Anthony, it is for your own safety. Protection.” Charles said in a calmer way.

Anthony shaked his head before shifting from his seat towards Charles “Like you protected Chief Fredrick? Neither did you protect Saheed.”

“Is that what this is all about?” Charles asked “Casting guilty?”

Anthony didn't answer, he just stepped out of the car, tilted his head into the car from the open car glass and said “You had all the manpower and cause not to let those people die, but in the long run. You didn’t do anything. You and your agency let those people die so that your agency will not be revealed or for whatever fucking reason it is.”

Charles tried to say “We…”

Anthony had turned away before Charles could complete his statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nice one cool
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nmaglit: 12:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Scorpion and killing na like 5 and 6

jagugu88li:
So we have two left.

I guess the "detectives" will split this one. Each group fishing info from each journalist, simultaneously. Depending on the group that gets the correct journalist.........

Scorpion and killing, ehn!

Thanks bro, inlove with this story

tripletees1 Nmaglit iamloyalty
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 05, 2016
No worry Nmaglit, he'll kill himself one of these days trust me cheesy

Two to go!

Charles and Anthony, just find the correct journalist please.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2016
thanks for the update bro....
bro, my birthday is coming up tomorrow anything for me
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
tripletees1:
thanks for the update bro....
bro, my birthday is coming up tomorrow anything for me
I will send you a birthday card.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
Can u help me wif ur contact?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 9:43pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nmaglit:
Scorpion and killing na like 5 and 6

bro, i sight u ooo
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
I thank God the almighty for making me come this far. His mercy have been infinite in my life. A journey of another 365days..
Baba God all i have to say is THANK YOU LORD..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 4:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
tripletees1:
Can u help me wif ur contact?

Okay. 08189678645.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
Am so sorry for late posting. I was busy. Updates are coming up.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
CHAPTER 34

10:00pm

Scorpion entered the hotel building through the revolving door, and was greeted with a cheerful smile by the door man.

He watched how other people who were lodging into the hotel were helped with their belongings.

The back side of the unique stylish hotel faces a big Lotus field beauty every morning and all day long.

Besides gorgeous surrounding, it has a developed infrastructure which makes it comfortable for all types of guest to stay.

Apart from enjoying graceful nature, you can admire the luxurious accommodation.

Accommodation is really luxurious. There are 80 rooms in the hotel, with the aid of an elevator you would get to your destination or room with the press of a button inside the elevator.

He stepped forward to meet the female front desk receptionist. “Hello” he smiled.

The female receptionist signaled Scorpion to wait with the use of her hand, she had a telephone pressed to ear, as she communicated with the other person on the line.

After a minute, she dropped the telephone on its cradle. “Good Evening sir, how can I be of service?” she smiled back.

“I need the room number of one Danjuma Umar that lodged into your hotel room three days ago.” Scorpion said still with traits of smiles on his face.

“Am sorry sir, we don’t give out lodgers’ room number according to our company’s rules and regulations.” She said further

“But I can notify the person that you want to meet them, and that person will give us the go-ahead to reveal their room number.”

Scorpion looked at her point blank in the face, all smiles gone, what remains is the coldblooded face.

He reached for his right breast pocket and brought out his fake identity card.

“I am Detective Sylvester from Kaduna District Unit. I will have to inform you that we are carrying out a murder investigation currently and it will be in the best side that you cooperate with me. Or else, I can arrest you right now for obstruction of justice, as my men are already stationed outside in the park, already awaiting my orders for them to disrupt your business and tarnish the image of your hotel.”

“Do you want that to happen?” he asked.

The receptionist feeling dense and manipulated by Scorpion’s threat quickly consulted her computer that is below her table.

“It is room 248.” She said turning away from the computer.

Scorpion smiles returned back “You are a very wise lady, am not here to cause trouble, and what bad can the police do?” he said this and turned for the elevator.

..................................................................................

“HOW DO YOU WANT IT?” the LovePeddler asked Umar.

Umar had already zipped down his trouser, sat on the bed, while the LovePeddler reached across and started massaging his genital.

Umar was rock had in a millisecond. A minutes later, with her hands still between his legs.

She whipped out Umar’s genital and then licked her lips slowly, coating them with her saliva.

Then Umar watched, in disbelief, as her perfect ponytailed head bobbed up and down on his lap. The tension was unbelievable.

A volcano of near euphoric erotic energy erupted inside Umar’s body. Every vessel in Umar’s body was on fire with pleasure. Feeling like a champion.

In the nude, Umar was inside her has he thrushed himself into her harder, solid hard just like a rock, he was pushing, up and down.

She moaned and shouted as Umar accelerated his up and down speed, just like a machine.

Umar explored the inside of her without breaking a sweat due to the air condition that was mounted at the far upper side of the room.

“Oh yeah” she shouted “Aaaah!”

“Yeah, baby” Umar said this as he massaged her firm breast.

“Fu*k me right there” she shouted.

All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door, this action decreased the up and down exercise of Umar, making him go slowly and tried to process who is at the door.

He stopped his doings and removed his groin before shouting.

“Who is that?”

“This is the police” Scorpion said.

“The police? What does the police want with you?” the LovePeddler asked as she studied Umar’s face for answers.

Umar feeling like his life was about to end said “Don’t worry baby, wait here and let attend to the police, just give me five minutes”.

Umar stood up from his sexual position on the bed and stepped onto the floor, he quickly picked up his night robe on his table.

The knock came again as Umar fit himself into the robe. Rushing to the door, he opened it a little that it only accommodated his body to go through the opened space.

Scorpion shifted himself back so that Umar can come out of his room, which he did.

Scorpion studied Umar and deduced that he was having sex. Umar looked the hotel hallway left and right, seeing nobody else in the hallway, he said.

“Officer, what is the matter again?” he said further “I told one of your detectives that came to my hotel this morning all that I know. Why are you disturbing my peace? Don’t you know that it is late?” Umar said in an annoyed manner.

Scorpion raised his fake identity card to his Umar’s face, which shows Detective Sylvester of Kaduna District Police Unit, he also sympathize with him “I am so sorry sir. I know it is late. I am traveling to our Headquarter in Lagos to keep them informed about this case.” He tried to say further “I will….”

Umar couldn’t bear any more question he said
“Look, why don’t we do this tomorrow morning?”

“I am heading to our Headquarter tomorrow morning sir, I must be there at eight o clock am.”

He said further “I like to make sure that my subordinate got all the facts that we needed in this case, as the lead supervisor of this case.”

Umar was angry but couldn’t express and play it out, he simply tap his right leg on the floor on a very low beat, which tames temper.

“Let me go straight to the point. Do you know Chief Fredrick?” Scorpion asked

“Yes I do.” He said further “Your co-worker asked of all these questions. Why can’t you ask him?”

Scorpion didn’t answer but moved up his question to the key questions, bringing out a sound recorder from his pocket, a tape was already inside.

Scorpion pressed the play button, he puts the tape towards his own mouth and asked “Mr. Danjuma Umar, did Chief Fredrick of the Southern Political Faction give you anything except from money before he died?” scorpion asked.

He now directed the sound recorder towards Umar's mouth. Umar was baffled and couldn’t understand why Scorpion needed a sound recorder in his questioning.

“I have said it once before and I will say it again and loudly; Chief Fredrick did not give me anything except money for my service rendered to him.”

Clicking the stop button on the sound recorder and smiling a bit, Scorpion said “Thank you sir”

“You are welcome” Umar excited that the interrogation as finished was about to go back to his room, but was cut short by Scorpion's statement.

“Sir, before you go, in the crime scene where Chief Fredrick was murdered, we discovered a white handkerchief”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
.........................Continuation....................................

“Sir, before you go, in the crime scene where Chief Fredrick was murdered, we discovered a white handkerchief”

he brought out the handkerchief from his pocket “it contains a perfume, we wondered if you could smell it, you may be able tell us who you think uses this kind of perfume.”

Umar was grumbling, not willing to smell the handkerchief, but Scorpion persuaded him further “Please sir, after this, am out of here.”

Scorpion handed over the handkerchief to Umar, which he outstretched his hand to collect.

He was about to smell it but he was distracted by the LovePeddler inside his room.

“Baby, what is going on? Be fast.” She said still lying in the nude on the bed.

“I will be there in a jiffy darling.” Umar smiled a bit, as he looked towards the room.

Now he brought the white handkerchief towards his nose and smelled the odourless and colourless death, which is in form of a gas.

After smelling it, he knew he didn’t smell any scent of perfume from the handkerchief, but he said “Am sorry I haven’t smell this kind of perfume before.”

And he handed the handkerchief back to Scorpion. He collected the handkerchief from Umar and immediately pocketed the handkerchief because of its effects in the body. Scorpion satisfied that Umar will meet his creator soon said

“Very well sir, thank you for giving me your time and attention. Good Night.”

Umar didn’t say anything, he just entered his room back, closed his door and put a lock to it.
“Come here baby” the LovePeddler said to Umar.

Umar was rushing as he removed the robe from his body; he quickly pounced on the bed, inserted himself into the LovePeddler and started stroking. Up and down.

Twenty minutes later, an ambulance rushed into the hotel parking space, pushing out the body of Danjuma Umar on a wheel chair, from his hotel room quickly into the ambulance.

But as they were about to move out the ambulance, Umar have already given up the ghost.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by adetomdx(m): 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
this scorpion sef Umar is too naive
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2016
Make una nor smell anybody handkerchief o.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Tuhndhay(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
iamloyalty:
Make una nor smell anybody handkerchief o.
Noted
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
CHAPTER 35

9:00am

Today the sky is nothing at all. It’s like a child began to draw on it with a pencil and then erased it in a way that smudged and spread the grey.

It is an endless canvas that colors are tossed upon. Some days it is a pure, interrupted blue that stretches seamlessly across my field of vision.

When the sun rises, it is a child’s painting, bright pinks and oranges piled on top of each other, reflecting off low hanging clouds and filling the world with a haze of wonder.

When it storms, the harsh glow of lighting illuminates the gathering piles of dull grey clouds that are angrily pushing against each other.

At night, the moon glows, giving the speckle of stars a guide light. The sky is alive, growing at each passing moment, a constant changing canvas for the world to see.

As brilliantly blue as any other summer day, was impervious to the carnage below.

It was a cruelty, an evocation of summers past when we were whole and young, not decimated by this senseless conflict, not burying a loved one every other day of the week.

It was a reminder too of our mortality and that our great troubles are insignificant to the world.

This azure wash above will be here next year and every season to follow where we were here to witness it or not.

Anthony watched from the car, the frenetic city hubbub, the honking taxis and swarms of pedestrians marking on their own personal missions the sky was comparatively in slow motion.

The movement of the clouds was barely perceptible and even the birds wheeled in slow lazy arcs.

But this juxtaposition was lost on the citizens. No one even looked up. And so the sky above, as pretty as any million-dollar painting slowly darkened to midnight blue, never quite black due to light pollution from below.

There was traffic; Charles was driving the car, finding a way to opt out of the traffic.

There is always traffic in the morning, as people find their way to their various place of work or other destinations.

Anthony and Charles sat side by side in the front seat of the car, ignoring each other as the car moved at a slow pace every five minutes or so.

Charles kept to himself the answers Anthony was not looking for; he knew that Anthony would not consider it a good reason for the agency to abandon a man, not an ordinary man but a secret agent of theirs.

Anthony would never understand that in their line of work, they must conceal some secrets for the better good.

After this mission he concluded, he will know everything, how the spy agencies system works.
At the Kaduna Police Unit.

“WHERE ARE YOU CURRENTLY?” The System Analyst asked the man on the phone.

“Send me the money first before I reveal the address” the other man on the phone said.

“Haven’t you gotten where the call is originated from?” The DPO asked as he stood behind the System Analyst as he looked intently at the computer monitor.

Detective Abu and Shola stood at the right hand side of the DPO while Detective Niyi stood at the left hand side of the DPO, they too were looking and studying the computer monitor intently.

“Yes, I got it” the System Analyst said “The caller is from Ebemenugbe at the riverside, in Kaduna here.”

“Good” the DPO said further with worried look “Are you sure that this is the good intel?”

“According to the statement of this person, the assassin is residing in a two storey building.
He said he is a tricycle driver, he drives a tricycle with his fellow tricycle drivers like him, and they are stationed in front of that house. That is how he knows.” The System Analyst replied.

Detective Shola said with boldness “This might be the assassin’s hideout, I have a gut feeling it is.” Looking from Abu to Niyi and then to the DPO.

Detective Abu and Niyi nodding their heads in union as they saw meaning to the statement of Detective Shola.

After Detective posted the sketch of the assassin on the police website, social media and on billboards, including going to the television media houses to broadcast the sketch to the public, there were many calls and they were hoax.

Since there was a big reward tag attached to the sketch, many people were making claims that they have seen the face on the sketch before, somewhere, but all of them were demanding money first before they could receive the location of the assassin.

While some other calls yield nothing as the caller didn’t talk whenever the System Analyst or Detectives pick the call.

After three days of call pranks and fraudsters trying to siphon money from the police, there is a new lead, a lead that would change things around, nail the killer.

Get promoted, the Commissioner of Police said to the DPO when the DPO attend an official summon from the Commissioner of Police.

“Okay” the DPO said further “Ladies, get ready, only four of us.” He said to the Detectives.

The System Analyst exited the room for the DPO and Detectives to make their strategy on how to capture the assassin without putting any civilian at risk.

“Detective Shola, get the RRS team ready” the DPO said.

“But you said we shouldn’t involve any other person in this case, Sir.” Detective Shola said.

“We don’t know how many assassin we are going to encounter when we get there, it may get bloody, the four of us cannot handle all the exits, we need the RRS team, just that we won’t tell them our location.” the DPO said further “Niyi, you are driving the RRS vehicle.”

He said further as he exited the room “Boys, let’s move out”

Detective Shola brought out his phone from his trouser pocket before saying “I have to use the gents.” And he went out of the room and Detective Abu and Niyi followed suit.

...........................To be continued............................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
Detective Shola
Oga whizzdom keep 'em coming grin
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 5:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
.......................... Continuation..................................

The RRS Team quickly went to the Weapons room to get their weapons at the go.

Size and composition of the RRS Team varies. Many RRS teams deploy two distinct elements on an operation – entry team tasked with entering and clearing an objective and a sniper/observer team that provides overwatch.

RRS team units are analogous in role and tactics to military police tactical teams such as GRMV Special Reaction Team and Air Force Emergency Services Team.

RRS officers undergo a number of training course which may include close quarters combat, explosive entry, sniping, dog handling, negotiation techniques and repelling/fast roping.

The Kaduna District Unit RRS team quickly geared up with tactical weapons like flashbang stun grenades, battering rams, haligan tools, ballistic shields, tactical radios and flexicuffs.

Clothing includes body armour, protective helments and eye wear, assault webbing for holding magazines, knee pads, gloves and reppeling harness.

While assault rifle carbines AR-15 variants like the M4a1, CQBR, Colt Commando with 9mm HK MP5 were used by the three RRS men, two others went for .40/.45 HK UMP automatics.

The entire team rushed to their BearCat series vehicle which is their RRS Vehicle, which is customizable with a variety of non-standard features depending on the customers’ requirements.

Bearcats are wheeled armored personnel carrier designed for the RRS and law enforcement use. It has .5 inch thick mil spec steel armoured bodywork is completed with .50 caliber rated ballistic glass capable of multi-hits, blast resistant floors, gunports, roof hatches/turret and agency specific equipment and/or modifications such as lights, sirens, battering rams, winches, thermal cameras and spot lights.

It is used to transport tactical RRS teams to and from hostile situations and to assist with the recovery and protection of civilians in harm’s way during terrorist threats, hostage incidents, or encounters with large gatherings of aggressors.

Detective Niyi was driving the RRS vehicle while at the back, the five RRS team with the three detectives and DPO, making nine individuals were in the vehicle as the vehicle roared to life and away it went to find the assassin, their suspect, Marcus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Smooth278(m): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
The mole in the police rank is gonna cost em.... I'm guessing the DPO will find out soon
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
CHAPTER 36

Jude Peters, a well-respected and trusted figure in Nigeria, broadcast journalism, is best known as the managing editor and sole anchor of BMT News.

In this role, he produced and reported documentaries and extended expertise in breaking news events and election coverage.

Peters’ distinctive style and charm made him a well-recognized star of television news through the 1980s and 1990s.

During this time, he was credited from his work in various film appearances, television appearances, radio appearances, and several bestselling books.

Peters also won every major award given in broadcast journalism, including a SecretEve Award, two duPonts, and several Tmmys and is also known for his charity work.

Peters’ father worked as a construction foreman at the Black Hills Ordnance Deport, or BHOD.

These types of work cause the Peters family to frequently move during Jude’s young childhood.

The family lived in a small residual community in Tagwaye, Kaduna. Jude Peters was admitted to the University of Kaduna after finishing high school.

Peters soon dropped out after he majored in what he called “beer and coeds”. This advice came from his guidance counselor who insisted he take a break.

However, he went on to attend the University of Lagos in Lagos State. Although he struggled with his studies, Peters went on to earn a Bs.c degree in Political Science in 1964.

While attending the university, he married former Miss. Nigeria and author, Rebecca George. Together, the couple had three children.

Jude had an early obsession with reporting and politics, even staying awake until one A.M. as a young child to see the results of election nights on the television.

Jude’s love for politics also came into play as more opportunities opened up for the young reporter at the age of twenty-three.

“Honey, your tea will get cold” Rebecca George said to Jude.

Jude sat at the dining table in his mansion, reading what the newspaper was saying about the motion the house of assembly passed into the law.

At the age of seventy-six years, Jude was still in the media houses, still anchoring news, still mingling and gaining more political influence.

He rose up his tea that was in a mug placed on a small plate and was balanced on the dining table, to the arm reach of Jude.

Jude carried his tea and sipped it, it lacks sugar, but there were still traits of sweetness in it.

“Darling, I am going to the breakfast meeting of the Governor’s wife” Rebecca said.

Jude dropped the newspaper on the dining table in a frustrated way, and shook his head, looking towards the direction of his wife Rebecca.

“I told you not to meet that lady” he said further with hoarse voice “But you wouldn’t listen.”

“It is just a breakfast meeting, that’s all.” Rebecca said this.

“Don’t you know the implication of this to my political ambition, my reputation.” He said as he coughed frantically.

Rebecca quickly ran to him and patted him at the back.

“Sorry dear, don’t talk too much, you know the doctor said it is not good for your health.” Rebecca said further

“Use the doctor’s prescribed drugs before you leave the house.”

She kissed him on his forehead before carrying her handbag “I won’t stay long.”

Heading towards the door, she opened it and entered into the morning light and she was gone, out the door.

All this while, Jude’s cough had stopped, he stood up and went for a door at the right hand side direction, abandoning his tea and newspaper on the dining table, he opened it and entered, it lead him to another world, a world full of books.

There were books on the gigantic shelves, books were arranged into it volume by volume, neatly arranged and stacked up.

Still wearing his nightwear, he sat on a wooden and polished brown chair that was at the middle of the room, a table was in front of the chair, while some books are on the table.

The shelves was in a curvy way that it almost dominated the whole room.

This is a “corner of peace” as he called it; and this is a purpose of relaxation.

A durable rug was already on the floor, books for leisure reading and a portable radio that has a twelve band digital receiver, from thirteen meter band up to seventy-five meter band.

He brought out a book from the books that were already on the table, and dust off the invisible dirt away from the book, the book is more of a memo, where he jotted out his inspiration.

As he is currently writing a new book titled “Separate and Unequal” from the manuscripts he has with him, he has already done some documentaries thoroughly exploring the economic realities, political controversies and social consequences of dividing the country.

The book also entails the issues of poverty and race. It gave an honest look at the progress made forty years after the civil rights movement and what issues still persist today, issues of illegal immigration in the documentaries, in the Shadow of the American Dream.

Jude was scribing something down on the diary as he picked his thoughts, trying to compare the different laws of poverty.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, Jude looked up and a silhouette figure came into the room, more of a library.

He was a skinny man with bright eyes, his skin features were dry, light in complexion and he had a black spot at the front molar of his teeth, rashes of pimples decorated his face, making him look homely.

He wore an eye glass, more of a reading glass, covered with a long sleeve designers shirt with an armless jacket.

He looked twenty-five from the way he walked featly towards his master, Mr. Jude Peters.

The butler’s name is Timileyin Osewa, he has being the butler of the mansion of Jude Peters for ten years now, he is in-charge of the dining room, wine cellar, and pantry.

He is being paid handsomely and sometimes he is also used as a chauffeur.

Timileyin is a soft person, honest and talented as he could do acrobatic stunts, work-alcoholic.

He likes to balance his profession with his family life. Professional life gives him exposure, confidence and sense of achievement.

He believes that the fulfillment one gets from one’s work is very important for one's well-being.

“Excuse me sir, two gentlemen are waiting for your downstairs in the seating room” The butler said as his hands were behind his back.

“Who are they and what do they want?” Jude asked.

“They claim to be policemen, sir” The butler replied.

“Police? Police?” Jude made a chuckle. “Tell them I will be with them in five minutes time.” he said further “And serve them tea.”

“Yes sir” The butler rotated backwards and left the library.

..............................To be continued.........................

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by saxwizard(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
Weldone bro
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 11:27am On Dec 10, 2016
........................Continuation.....................................

IN THE SITTING ROOM, Charles and Anthony had offered themselves seat even when the butler didn’t offer them one.

Anthony said towards the right hand side, the upholstery leather that covers the couch looks bright and exorbitant.

Charles sat cross legging, he surveyed the house, and a flat screen television that was attached to the wall was showing football match competition.

He and Anthony said without saying a word to each other, but Charles brought up a discussion.
“Anthony, about yesterday……” Charles tried to say.

“I don’t want to hear it at all. it is bye-gone Charles. Drop the matter.” Anthony cut him short.

Charles was silent.

Butler Timileyin came into the sitting room where Anthony and were sitting down.

“Gentlemen, Mr. Jude will be with you shortly.” He said further “Do you care for tea?”

Charles glancing at Anthony, as Anthony glanced at him said “We would love tea.”

But Anthony didn’t say anything. He just did as if he didn’t exist in the room, letting Charles do all the talking.

The day was refreshing by the breeze coming from the trees nearby the house, and there was a lake not far from the mansion.

The living room, kitchen, dining room is located on the first floor. The walls has favourite theme that will look cool on your eyes.

Also, there is a hallway, there are paintings, family paintings, awards and achievements.

One can sit back and heave a big sigh of relief.

The finished décor of this mansion is worth every cent of the owner’s hard earned money and every unit of his energy.

Within the mansion, a similar condition prevails.

The perpetual open windows allow for healthy ventilation and full view of the serene and beautiful garden when you use the upstairs.

The living room boasts of a dark mahogany sofa set which is complemented by parquet flooring.

Lights decked out of a open door, Mr. Jude emerge from into the seating room, this time he was wearing a weak short sleeve shirt unbuttoned, he wore a white singlet underneath his shirt making his hairy chest visible like that of Esau in the holy bible.

A short nicker he wore on his waist, while a brown cowboy’s cap covered some portion of his head.

Charles and Anthony stood up in unison as he rotated towards the seating room.

“How can I help you boys?” Mr. Jude Peters asked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
thanks bro.. following u bumper to bumper.
#sips_holandia_youghurt
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
Looks like some people are not following me bumper to bumper.
Or should I stop the story ni?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 2:07pm On Dec 12, 2016
Whizzdom:

No ooo, pls kwantinue
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Smooth278(m): 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
Whizzdom:

We r following but increase the pace at which you update...
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
CHAPTER 37

There were peeling paint, shutters, shingles missing or askew, windows broken, weeds growing around it, maybe the foundation has gone making the house lean a bit to one side.

The house sat at the end of a weed infested gravel driveway. The trellised roses which had once given it an air of coziness had gone wild, the vines digging into the broken clapboards as though they wanted to drag the house into the earth.

A few patches of paint remained in the places sheltered from the weather, the cheery yellow now more of a sickly white.

By observing the exterior, one will get the impression of a cottage in the country-side.

The stark white color of the house is toned down by the rows of palm trees and shrubs in the front lawn.

The multicolored flowers greet the RRS team as they brushed pass it, keenly they took every step with caution, soundless footings that a cat will never hear.

Before that, tricycle drivers that were lined up in front of the house were sent away by the RRS team as they stormed the area.

They used a bolt cutter to cut off the chain that has a padlock, which is used to seal off the gate.

Opening the gate, the RRS team went forward while the Detectives followed, next was the DPO.

They took each step deliberately, not trying to alert the assassin or assassins what is going to befall them.

There were onlookers, more of spectators, they stood at the other side of the road, watching and murmuring something to each other, contemplating the fate of the suspect.

Something not audible to the DPO or the RRS team. The onlookers started making their verdicts, some said they were thieves, other said they were murderers, some fraudsters.

During the course of different opinions flowing from the mouth of the onlookers. Some set of the children came out from nowhere, beating their empty tin container, singing childishly.

One of the children had mucus trapped in his nose, which was visible enough for one of the onlookers to see and he angrily sent the children away, the children dissipated to their various houses, making fun of the onlooker as they went.

The RRS team went forward leading the mission, the DPO wondered what the assassin are during in an almost runned down house.

The painting of the house is yellow, while the gate was painted in black. This is the perfect cover, the DPO thought as his 9mm beratta was already outstretched.

RRS team divided into two, three persons will take the sharp right hand corner leading to the back, while another three persons will take the left hand corner leading to the back also and the three detectives will block the gate incase the assailants got away from the two teams.

This done, the two teams started, moving fast now, but you could hardly hear their footings even if you are attentive.

The team on the left hand had to shift away from a dirty show glass that blocked their path.

As they continued their journey, the first man that was leading the other two men stepped on a broken glass that was covered with sand, but his hard black boot didn’t give way for the sharp edge of the glass to pierce his foot.

This action made an echo, almost loud to the surrounding. This happening, the RRS men quickened their pace and rushed, saw a door by the right hand side before they got to the dead-end wall facing them.

Using their boot to knock the open, the door gave way, opening, but the RRS men didn’t rush in, instead one of them picked up a stone that almost occupied his hand, and he threw it into the opened spacious vacuum.

The stone landed in, making a thud sound, but nothing else followed suit.

As the RRS team were about to enter into the house, a figure pounced on the man leading the team in, knocking the man down.

The gun in his hand went off, firing series of bullets into the air as he went down; almost hitting the men he was leading.

The other men at his back positioned their guns to the figure, trying to get a clear shot at it, but it was a cat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by saxwizard(m): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
ride on and that was a good job
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
Didn't proofread it. Was busy. Enjoy.

..........................Continuation...................................

The cat mewed away, it ran towards the gate at a blazing speed, like that of a cheetah.

The RRS men cursed under their breath, the man leading them gathered himself from the ground and they rushed into the open door.

HEARING THE sound of gunshots, the three detectives were at the ready, surveying both the right and left corner side for any being coming.

Their guns outstretched with intent to kill the enemy or enemies if they fail to comply to arrest.

The detectives were not failing even with the bulletproof vest that is currently shielding any bullet that tried to hit their chest to their waist.

A figure emerge, moving at a fast pace, towards them. Detective Shola nearly pulled the trigger, as a shock wave flowed into him, almost turning him into a zombie, but it was the fear, the fear of being killed like a his late friend.

One minute you are here and the next you are not. He can’t lose his life now, he has many things to do, one of them is to find his way out of Gen. Audu’s shackles of control, wrapped around, pinning him down, and dragging him around like a dog. A puppet.

He tried to call Marcus, to tell him that they are coming to their hideout. But he couldn’t establish a connection, the line was not going through.

Later, the System Analyst told him that he has cut off all connection from the house, shutting down all cell towers in the radius of the house.

He asked how he could be able to do that, he said he hacked his way in, blocking all data logged in and rerouted all incoming data to another cell tower, which will make all call conversation not audible enough and some not going through.

The telecommunication agencies mustn’t know about it, because if they did, they will sue them for tampering and causing malwares to penetrate their firewalls, making them lose data and money.

Detective Shola didn’t know what to say when he heard this, he was speechless, he looked dense.

The cat ran passed them and escaped out the gate with the helping hand of a hole that was not big enough, but the cat squeeze itself through.

The onlookers at the other side of the house nearly head-butted each other when the gunshots went off, they ran with urgency.

Some who had children playing in front of their house quickly and roughly grabbed their children with an energy they never knew where it came from, into their house and locked the door behind them.

They shouted each other’s name as they went in, telling each other to get in and close the door in their different languages.

The street was silent like a cemetery that has no visitor for the past ten years. Oncoming cars had to quickly sped pass as they saw that the street was dormant, only a mass of houseflies that were flying and rejoicing over a spilled palm-wine that was on the ground, which was visible enough for the attentive eyes to see.

To be continued.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
saxwizard:
ride on and that was a good job

Thanks, man.

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 7:08am On Dec 13, 2016
Cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Set Apart / Elechi Amadi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.