Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

"The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. (48760 Views)

Don't! Look Closer- A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / 'Lost But Satisfied' A Thriller By Akíntayo Akinjide / Sinister Affections Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
tripletees1:
boss....i dey gbadun u.. abeg we need update... uv captured my heart bro..
#adjust his table and chair..
#Sips_holandia_youghurt..
pile no fit reach myside..

Lols. Am blushing. Updates on the way.

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2016
CHAPTER 24

A doctor in a yellow jogging suit ran through the swinging doors at the end of the emergency hallway and said something to the receptionist sitting behind the dirty sliding windows.

She pointed, and he approached some people seeking medical attentions.

Some people hurried away, down the narrow hallway, dodging nurses and orderlies, darting around gurneys and parked beds, and disappeared through the swinging doors.

The Admissions section was crowded with dozens of sick and struggling patients-to-be.

There were no empty chairs. Family members filled out forms. No one was in a hurry.

Marcus in doctor’s robe walked through a busy hallway, down a flight of stairs to the basement where a mass of anxious people roamed the corridor. Another hall led to a large open area.

Like most big-city government’s public hospitals, St. Jude’s had been built over time whenever there were funds could be squeezed from the government, with little thought of architectural symmetry.

It was an expansive and bewildering design of additions and wings, with a maze of hallways and corridors and mezzanine trying desperately to connect everything.

Elevators and escalators had been added whenever they would fit. At some point in history, someone had realized the difficulty of moving from one point to another without getting hopelessly lost, and a dazzling array of colour-coded signs had been implemented for the orderly flow of traffic.

Then more wings were added. The signs became obsolete, but the hospital failed to remove them.

Now they only added to the confusion.
There were many doctors there, Marcus was trying to keep his head low so that no one would recognize that he was not a doctor.

One chubby dark nurse called out to him.

“Doctor, a patient need your attention in Ward B”

Marcus bringing his head down without turning, said “Oh, call another doctor, I have a throbbing stomach” He said this as he pressed his left hand on his stomach.

The nurse was suspecting something odd about him, but she let go of it when another nurse called out to her.

Marcus moving at a faster pace now, he was wearing a eyeglass, like that of doctors and having a note book on his right hand, with a stethoscope hanged around his neck.

He darted through now familiar territory and used the stairs because he knows where he was going.

Susan’s room number is 179. He was heading upstairs, didn’t want to use the lift because people could really recognize that he was fake and also as to avoid security cameras.

Security cameras were not installed in the stairs section.

Marcus mounted the stairs with less energy as he was used to the training of mounting things.

Katrina is outside the hospital building, in a car, she would drive away the minute Marcus step into the car, with the mission accomplished.

Now Marcus is there, in the hallway where Susan is being laid to rest and recover her strength.

More updates loading.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
abeg do quick
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Ultimategeneral: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2016
Keep it up man
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by bossy512(f): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
Thump up for I man, good one
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
CHAPTER 25

Life as a news reporter is exciting. In the old days, reporters were not paid very well but more than made up for it from the excitement of the job itself.

That’s the way it remains today. Charles and Anthony sat in a Peugeot 2001 model car, as they watched correspondent Okotie – Eboh come out of The High Court of Kaduna State.

Okotie was a young ‘beat’ reporter for a local daily newspaper, he had more than his fair share of interesting and exciting assignments.

These included scores of fires, murders, plane crashes, automobile wrecks and accidents as well as politics and sporting events of all kinds.

His current assignment was to interview or gather comments from the ongoing murder trial; Federal Republic of Nigeria (Applicant) versus Alhaji Ganiyu Usman (Defendant).

He also had the opportunity to interview famed defense attorney Moses Igoh during a local murder trial.

His all-time favourite though remains the running commentary of footballs finale in the live television that is being broadcasted all round Kaduna and its environs.

There were many other highlights, but the fact is, reporting is a great job, and remains so, and is a tremendous training ground for any future endeavour.

It’s also a heady job because everyone wants to be close to a news reporter, after all, a reporter has the ability to put someone’s name in print, or promote a favourite cause, and that’s a heady stuff indeed.

Charles said to Anthony “Why don’t you let me handle this?”

“We are in this together, remember Charles, that your superior gave me the go ahead” Anthony said with clarity.

Charles nodded his end in a surrendering way, as he looked at Okotie heading out of the Court’s gate into the harsh sun.

The reporter used one paper to guide his face from the sun as he walked to his car.

“Now” Charles said this to Anthony. And they both stepped out of the car and started walking towards Okotie.

Charles was wearing a black jean with a light short sleeve top while Anthony was wearing a blue long-sleeve shirt with chinos trouser.

They both looked left and right before they crossed the street to Okotie, who was about to enter into his car.

Okotie opened his car door and was about to enter but was cut short by someone, someone he hasn’t meet before.

The person used his left hand to slam the car door back in. Okotie stared at the person and his accomplice.

“What is the meaning of this?” Okotie asked looking baffled by this action.

“Am so sorry to disturb you sir.” Charles said “I am Detective Jonah from the Kaduna Police District Unit.” He raised his identity card to his face and Okotie studied the card that was shown to him.

“This is my P.A.” Charles said as he threw his head a bit to Anthony on his right hand side.

“All right” Okotie swallowed hard and wondered “What does the police want with me or do they know about the bribe I received from my editor?”

“How can I help you sir?” Okotie asked as he gained his composure.

“Well, I am investigating the murder case of Chief Fredrick. I believe you know him and you also have put him to interview, am I right?” Charles asked Okotie.

The sun was very harsh and unbearable for Okotie as he stood in the burning sun and was sweating profusely, so he decided to spill the bean and get this over with “Yes, I know Chief Fredrick. May his soul rest in perfect peace. He was a good man. And I have interviewed him before in the National Assembly”

Anthony was already feeling fatigued as the sun heated his head, making him thirsty for very cold water.

But Charles seems to be used to the sun’s heat, he said “I see. Did Chief Fredrick gave you any documents or video or anything”

“And I advice you to think very well before you answer the question, because if I find out later that you lied to me, you will be a suspect in the death of Chief Fredrick” Charles added calmly.

This shaken Okotie for a bit and said “I…..I…..I…..didnt collect anything from Chief Fredrick neither …. Neither did he give me any bribe or money. I swear.”

Charles first breathed out carbondioxide before asking “Are you sure Mr. Okotie – Eboh?”

“I……I swear to God. On my oath. Yes, positive” Okotie was now searching Charles’ face for mercy and forgiveness for something he didn’t commit.

“Believe me” Okotie quickly added.

Charles studied his face for any clue, but there was none. “Very well. Thank you for your time Mr. Okotie. It is highly appreciated.”

He moved away from Okotie and Anthony followed suit as they crossed the road and went back to their car.

Okotie quickly entered his car and did a cross sign on himself before driving away.

One down, four to go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
Please the updates should be a little bit longer. Gud job......

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
iamloyalty:
Please the updates should be a little bit longer. Gud job......

Thanks dear. It will.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2016
Nice job
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2016
...............Susan in the hospital....... .......................

There were only fifteen people in the hallway when Marcus did a head-count.

“I can handle them all, if they were all police officers” Marcus said this in his mind.

He stepped, walking, every step echoed through the hallway.

He intentionally did that inorder to get the attention of people, to see their face and know who is a police officer.

People who are sitting on a long bench traced where the echo was coming from to Marcus.

Marcus looked and surveyed their face and saw that they were only civilians.

He stopped in his tracks; Susan’s room was already guarded, guarded by two policemen.

They both stood at full alert, watching people that passed them by. They had a gun in their holster.

“I can take them down” Marcus smiled a bit as he said this.

He turned sharply and entered into a toilet at the far end, far away from Susan’s room.

There were four washing sink and four flush toilet bowl were in a small cubicle that only accommodate two persons maximum.

He entered the four toilets at the end of the toilet room, which was closer to the window where you could see outside.

Marcus brought out his gun from the back of his trouser and affixed the silencer at the beak of the gun.

He puts the gun back to his former position, and came out of the toilet, out of the toilet room.

He started again, this time his footsteps are like that of a cat walking soundlessly inorder to catch a mouse by surprise.

When he was about to near where Susan’s room, he brought out his gun in a fast and swift way.

And aimed and shot at the heart of the two policemen stationed in front of Susan’s room before they could twitch.

The two policemen dropped on the floor like a sack of tomatoes.

The people sitting on the long bench runned for their life. Some shouted “Jesus” “Oh my God” as they ran towards the stairs without looking back.

Marcus stepped into the room, but Susan was not on the bed.

To be continued.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2016
I'm sweating here. Save Susan abeg.

Father father oo, this reporter is even talking about having not accepted bribes, guilt has taken a toll. Four to go.....

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 12:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
thanks for the update boss... TEAM AFM...
bartender wey u
Youghurt don almost finish na..
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
jagugu88li:
You welcome to join us bro cool
I'm in love with the story!
No space for me na!
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2016
yorhmienerd:
No space for me na!
Why you no give me food when I went to your house, invited by you embarassed?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by adetomdx(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2016
He mustn't find Susan o BTW this update is short na
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by oluangelkay(f): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm So where is Susan??
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by bossy512(f): 9:40pm On Nov 26, 2016
Thank God, pls keep Susan safe for us,
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
...................................Continuation..........................

He turned to search around. Susan appeared from nowhere and stabbed him with a scissor on his abdomen.

Blood was erupting out of Marcus, but he was already trained how to handle pain and blood.

Susan tried to push the scissor into him further, which made Marcus stagger towards the hospital bed, this made his gun fell out of his hand.

But he regained with strength as he headbutted Susan on nose, making Susan release the force she was using on the scissor.

Susan shifted back a little as blood released out of her nose, breaking her nose structure.

Marcus lunged after her neck and slammed her head on the wall, and he used his ring finger to press the chest wound on Susan.

Susan not well enough, fell down on the floor, in pain and agony. All her strength was gone, as the chest wound that was formerly recovering now spring forth blood.

Marcus removed the scissor from his stomach slowly and dropped it on the floor.

She nearer shred tears of blood. Marcus picked up his gun and leveled it at Susan.

Susan was exhausted “Marcus, don’t, please don’t kill me. I … have a son. My baby boy” Susan said this as tears flowed down from her eyes.

“Am sorry.” Marcus said with fiendful look on his face.

And he fired two succession shots in an execution way into the forehead of Susan.

Susan gave up the ghost immediately as her last tears descended from her eyes.

Marcus was losing a lot of blood. His blood was already on the floor. As he was about to turn, there came a voice.

“Stop there, let me see your hands up” the voice said.

To be continued.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by bossy512(f): 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
R.I.P Susan, I pray they get down Marcus bosa. thanks for the update, more wisdom in the Mighty Name of Jesus
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Creeza(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
You finally kill susan. Why?
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by adetomdx(m): 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
why Susan go die na *sobs*
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
You will just make me regret refreshing this page, just like that? Yerè!

I see you are know if favour of Gen. Audu. Me, Anthony and Charles will concur.

Four to go......we are coming!

Creeza:
Why are you accusing Whizzd0m ? Susan was killed by Marcus tongue
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by yorhmienerd(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
jagugu88li:
You will just make me regret refreshing this page, just like that? Yerè!

But he his thier god na, he could've saved her.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Creeza(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
jagugu88li:

just like you almost accused me of Gabriel's mishaps. You euen wantd ''the maggot'' dead grin

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
.............. ..................Continuation............. ............

“Drop the gun slowly and turn around, slowly” the voice said again.

Marcus dropped the gun on the floor and turned slowly as he was being told. When he was face-to-face with the person using the voice. It was Detective Shola.

Marcus dropped his hands immediately and said “Did Gen. Audu send you?”

“Yes, he did, to clean up your mess” Detective Shola said this as he lowered the gun.

“Get out of here now. And use the stairs, when you get to the second floor. I have opened the back-door for you. Use it. Now go” Detective Shola said further.

Marcus ran out of the room and went straight for the stairs.

Detective Shola entered the room and surveyed everything. He looked at Susan on the floor and tried to imagine how a beautiful lady like this died to waste. Fate is a bitch.

He brought out a glove from his pocket and picked up the scissor that was lodged in Marcus’ stomach.

Picking it up, he used it to cut himself at the cheek, and deposit the scissors in his trouser pocket. Pain surged into him as he did so.

His cheek was remitting blood, he used his hand to cover it.

There was sounds of boots marching the floor, as other policemen came into the room including Detective Niyi and Abu.

They looked at Detective Shola and could see the pain in his eyes and asked “Are you alright? What happened? And where did the assailant go to?”

Detective Shola pointed at Susan on the floor.

“Damn, she is dead? The DPO would be very mad at us.” said Niyi.

Shola shouted at the other policemen and said “He ran downstairs, quick, get him”

More updates coming.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Creeza:

Bros. No be me oo ... Susan is a slut assuming she had taken her money and head to the airport, it would have been a different story.

And sometimes there must be a tragedy in a thriller story.

I know you love her. God loves her more.

lols. Take heart

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Whizzdom:

“Get out of here now. And use the stairs, when you get to the second floor. I have opened the back-door for you. Use it. Now go” Detective Shola said further.
Of course, they are the private employees of the villian Gen. Audu

Me and my team.... Four to go...

Hell will break loose! Lovely update bro, as always
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by saxwizard(m): 8:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
Oya continue
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by tripletees1(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2016
urghrrrrrrrrr Brother why?? u actually killed Susan and u made Marcus escape!!!! This is inhumane.. #sobs... I will get Marcus and Gen. Audu myself and put them to justice.

bro should i drink my hollandia Youghurt or make i mourn small
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
tripletees1:
urghrrrrrrrrr Brother why?? u actually killed Susan and u made Marcus escape!!!! This is inhumane.. #sobs... I will get Marcus and Gen. Audu myself and put them to justice.

bro should i drink my hollandia Youghurt or make i mourn small
Drink your yoghurt before it become coldless.
Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
CHAPTER 26

At 9:50pm.

Gen. Audu was alone in the small chapel, sitting in a pew three rows back from the altar, he wore a black beret that is now tucked inside his jacket pocket, his head bowed, seemingly in prayer.

He’d been there fifteen minutes when the door opened and a man in a short-sleeved shirt and what looked like a short nicker came in and sat down nearby.

Gen. Audu glanced at his watch and then back toward the door. A certain man was to have met him there twenty minutes ago.

It was only when he decided he would give the man another five minutes and then leave that he looked again at the man who had come in and realized in amazement that it was the certain man he wanted to meet.

For a long while the man remained still. Head bowed, silent. Finally he looked up, made eye contact, and nodded toward a door to the left.

Then he stood, crossed himself before the altar, and pushed through the door.

At the same moment, a young couple entered, knelt before the altar and crossed themselves, taking seats together in the front row.

Gen. Audu counted slowly to twenty, then got up, made the sign of the cross and went out through the same door the man had taken.

On the far side was a narrow hallway, and the man stood alone in it.

“Come with me” the man said.

Their footsteps echoing on the worn black-and-white tile floor, the man led Gen. Audu down the empty corridor and into an older part of the building.

Turning down another hallway, the man opened a door, and they entered a small private room which was another sanctuary for prayer.

Dimly lit, more intimate than the first, it had a stone floor and several polished wooden benches facing a simple bronze cross on the wall opposite.

Above, on the left and right, high windows, now dark against the night sky, touched the ceiling.

“You wanted to see me. Here I am.” The man closed the door and turned in such a way that the lights of the room cut him at an angle that left his eyes and the top of his head in shadow.

Purposeful or not, it underscored his authority, reminding Gen. Audu that whatever else he was, or might be, the man was still a major figure within the hierarchy of the country. Hugely forceful, and larger than life.

Still, Gen. Audu could not let himself be intimidated. “I wanted to see you because of the plan we had on ground.” He said further “When are we to execute it?”

The man was silent.

“Days had gone-by. Even years. Still nothing is being done to this evil and mischievous people.”

Gen. Audu knew the man was watching him, the eyes he couldn’t see searching his own.

“Do you meditate like a monk?”

Gen. Audu dumbstruck by his question. But he answered “Once in a while”

“Okay. Do-you-love-your-country-Nigeria?” the man asked. This time more deliberate, demanding, unforgiving.

“I love my country Nigeria” Gen. Audu replied as he cleared his throat.

“The time has come for us to remove these, erm, pieces from the chessboard” the man said.
“Before they retaliate and counter-attack” the man said further as he folded his arms to his body.

For a long moment the man said nothing, then he stepped forward out of the shadow, the light touching his face, illuminating his eyes for the first time.

What was there was no longer an influential brute but a lone man who was twisted and torn and filled with fear.

More than Gen. Audu thought anyone capable of. And it caught him wholly by surprise.

“Everything is already in place. You just give us the order.” Gen. Audu’s eyes were riveted on the man’s.

“I have already gained their trust. They trust me completely, like a mother who trusts her son.”

Gen. Audu said further with a monstrous’ grin.
“Alright. Make it happen Audu and no mistakes, because the minute you do. You already know the endgame.”

“I understand.” Gen. Audu felt the chill, the immensity of it, even as he said it.

The man stared for the briefest moment, then abruptly turned, pulled open the door, and disappeared into the hallways, his footsteps fading to silence.

1 Like

Re: "The Sinister Defence" A Thriller Story. by Whizzdom(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
CHAPTER 27

“Damn it” The Divisional Police Officer of Kaduna District Unit said as he scattered his table wildly.

“How did assailant know the hospital and the ward the young lady was admitted into?” he asked as he looked at the detectives’ faces for answers.

He looked up at his ceiling and couldn’t believe it, what is going on. Then he realized.

“There is a leak. There is a traitor amongst us” the DPO said looking intently at the three detectives in front of him.

The three detectives didn’t say anything, neither did they looked up, they were facing down.

He said with conclusiveness “I trust you three, to be the most trusted detectives I have ever worked with. So from this point onward, the four of us are going to investigate matters relating to his case on our own. No other police officers must know about this case, irrespective of their ranks.”

Detectives Niyi, Shola and Abu was still looking down silently. They could see and feel that the DPO is disappointed by their incompetence, failure and ineffectiveness.

But what could they do, nothing. The deed has happened, they have to move on and deal with the aftermath. Which is the DPO abusing their stupidity.

“Understood?” the DPO asked.

“Yes sir” the three detectives said in unison as they clip their hands to their side in attention.

“Dismiss, and keep me apprise about any latest developments on the case.”

“Yes sir” the three detectives said in unison again but this time it was with vivacity.

The three detectives matched out of the DPO’s office to their cubicle. Detective Shola has a plaster attached to this cheek, making the movement of his cheek more stressful, but he managed to move it.

Detective Shola sat down on his swivel chair in his own cubicle, almost in pain.

But not for the pain that was coming from the wound on his check, but the pain of selling his soul to Gen. Audu.

It started five years ago, when he was an Inspector in State Police Command, Lagos Branch.

They were investigating a drug lord that smuggles drugs overseas.

The drug lord also cooks meth and some other hazardous drugs that are harmful to the environment, even to humans.

Whenever the drug lord was dragged to court with evidence to send him to prison for his crimes.

Suddenly, evidence magically disappears from the Evidences Room and Lab.

This acts infuriated Shola, as a young Inspector, his Divisional Police Officer and other people that their rank is higher than him, told him to drop the investigation since the evidences are nowhere to be found.

And the drug lord was a murderer, a rapist and havoc doer. The murder of two young girls of seventeen years of age, firstly raped and murdered by the drug lord, was the deed that enraged Detective Shola into a point of no return.

His heart was turned into bitterness, bitterness for the drug lord. So he did it.

On one sunny Monday, the police found new evidence on the drug lord and went to one of his hideout to fish him out.

Detective Shola was the lead officer of the case. As the drug lord tried to flee the hideout through a back door, Detective Shola was already at his back.

“Stop there, if you move, I will blow your brains out” Detective Shola said this with hatred.

“Easy tiger” The drug lord said as he turned to face Detective Shola.

“Let me see those hands up” Detective Shola said.

The drug lord neglecting the order to Shola, moved in a slow pace as he said. “Don’t trouble yourself kid, like they always do. They will release me.”

“Just as they always do. Trust me Shola. Your boss will release me. That is how the world works. Money will always buy you freedom” the drug lord said further, smiling.

“Shut up! Shut the Bleep up!” Detective Shola said further “Those girls, those girls you killed. You animal”

“Oh, those sweet honey girls. Detective Shola you are a missing, those girls’ sweet holes, you shou…….”

Before he could complete his statement, Detective Shola angrily shot him in the forehead, point blank.

The drug lord knelt down on the floor before his face graced it. Detective Shola couldn’t believe his very eyes.

He quickly ran to him, knelt down beside him, touching and calling out his name, but there was no response.

Then he saw a shadow dominate his body, he turned. There he was. Gen. Audu as he looked straight into Detective Shola’s eyes.

“You killed him” Gen. Audu said with no expression on his face.

“No….No…… It was a mistake” Detective Shola trembled as he said this.

“Who will believe it was a mistake? The Judge, the juries, your fellow police workers? Comon, Detective Shola, admit you killed him to me now and all this will be resolved.”

“Everybody knows how much you hated the man, so common sense will be used to solve the case ‘Detective Shola killed the drug lord in cold-blood’ would be the headline on every newspaper.” Gen. Audu said this with an evil grin on his face.

“I…..I didn’t kill him, it was accidental” Detective Shola said further “By the way, who are you?” he aimed his gun to Gen. Audu. “Who are you? Are you among the drug workers?”

Gen. Audu was wearing jeans with an overall coat on top. Gen. Audu was now the one pacing.

He moved with dominance on his prey. From where they are, they could hear sounds of bullets exchange happening in their surroundings.

“I am Gen. Audu of Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna. I am here to help you. The drug lord you killed is my client.

I was at that other room when you two created a beautiful scene. And I must say that, I am very impressed.

Very impressed that you took the weight off you and delivered what others couldn’t do. You did what is right” he slammed his left hand in a punch on his right palm.

Detective Shola still leveling the gun in Gen. Audu’s face said. “I could kill you too here”

Gen. Audu laughed hard “That’s where you are wrong boy, I didn’t come alone.”

After Gen. Audu said this, other men, armed men emerge from the other room and stood at the back of Gen. Audu.

Detective Shola now trembling, as his gun fell out of his hand, unto the floor. He quickly picked it up and leveled it back at Gen. Audu “You don’t have evidence”

“I do, I have a recorded footage of how you killed the drug lord. And it beautifully shows in bright colour, how you mercilessly killed an innocent man in coldblood” Gen. Audu trying to get in his head.

“He wasn’t innocent; he killed two seventeen year old girls. Two.” Detective Shola could feel the pain in his lungs as he said so.

Bringing out a phone from his pocket, Gen. Audu said “Your crime is here, right here in this phone.” He waved it at him.

“I will work your transfer to Kaduna State, as a Detective there” Gen. Audu said further “For me not to reveal your crime, you have to sell your soul, do my bidding”

That was the thing Detective Shola had been doing ever since he was transferred to Kaduna State, doing Gen. Audu’s bidding.

Detective Shola wiped off the tears on his face; he looked around his cubicle, stared at the ceiling and muttered something to it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Free Download Of Over 90 Simpsons (bart Simpson) Comics / All The Women I Ever Dated - NYSC Chronicles / I Need A Piece Of Drama Or A Playlet That I Can Teach Pry 6 Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.