Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion (4261 Views)

What Are Your Favourite Anti-religion Songs? / Anti-religion Memes / Atheists Let's Have Fun. Anti-religion Memes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
What the fvck is this? These Yahweh-bred rabbits enjoy projecting their own filth onto others. You fvcking Abrahamic bastards are the worst psychopaths imaginable.

Read my comment which you responded to and see if it does not accurately describe this rant of yours. What a shame.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by jonbellion(m): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2016
This argument makes no sense. Atheists and religous people have helped mankind
Who can forget issac newton- his work on gravity though it was modified it is still correct when the speeds aren't up to the speed of light
Or Stephen hawking- cosmologist
This dude has the 10th highest IQ currently
He's an atheist.... Like his own is bad he's not even agnostic atall. he has ALS and he's still so relevant
Basically both atheists and religious people have helped mankind
The difference right now is that science has started answering the big questions not like 200-500 years ago. There would have been a lot of thiests then
Basically there are very few people why believe in God because it provides the best cosmology. Modern science has undermined religion
Please religious people the earth isn't 6000 years old. And we can see the cosmic microwave background radiation- the leftover thermal heat from the universe's early expansion and red shift of light. Proof of the big bang(it's not an explosion btw) We can see starlight older than 6000 years so we live in an old earth and an even older universe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2016
surprised! and marvel
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Read my comment which you responded to and see if it does not accurately describe this rant of yours. What a shame.
I'm not the lunatic who believes that thrusting a dagger into my kid and making a sacrifice of him to show how faithful I am when God demands such is justified and GOOD. I'm not the animal who believes good deeds are worthless and can't get you to heaven, 'cause you're justified by faith.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
I'm not the lunatic who believes that thrusting a dagger into my kid and making a sacrifice of him to show how faithful I am when God demands such is justified and GOOD. I'm not the animal who believes good deeds are worthless and can't get you to heaven, 'cause you're justified by faith.

The OP isnt talking about God but Atheism. Again the contents of your latest rant adds credence to my description.

If your grouse is the faith part then sorry for you. Faith does not rule out good works it actually helps fine tune the motive behind the good works so stop being confused. God is all about motive and not good works alone.

If you can sit for an exam in order to test or prove your intelligence prior to a promotion then why do you think a simple test that would enable spiritual promotion is not justifiable especially when we look at it based on the same motive I mentioned earlier.

Abraham was asked to sacrifice his only son and he accepted to do it. God stopped him just when he was about doing it because he has proven himself IN HIS HEART so back to motive.

You really need to stop being so bitter. Its bad PR for atheism.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by 4kings: 9:18am On Nov 13, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Some are getting the question wrong, am not talking about atheist BUT RATHER ATHEISM.
An individual is responsible for his actions and what he used his Brain for, my question target atheism system not those who practices it.
what has the atheism system offers; psychologically, financially, health wise etc
This is very sad.
replace your statement with christian and chriatianity as appropriate, to see how nonsensical you sound

#intellectual dishonety at work
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

The OP isnt talking about God but Atheism. Again the contents of your latest rant adds credence to my description.

If your grouse is the faith part then sorry for you. Faith does not rule out good works it actually helps fine tune the motive behind the good works so stop being confused. God is all about motive and not good works alone.

If you can sit for an exam in order to test or prove your intelligence prior to a promotion then why do you think a simple test that would enable spiritual promotion is not justifiable especially when we look at it based on the same motive I mentioned earlier.

Abraham was asked to sacrifice his only son and he accepted to do it. God stopped him just when he was about doing it because he has proven himself IN HIS HEART so back to motive.

You really need to stop being so bitter. Its bad PR for atheism.
What a pathetic moro'n. So, "stating the obvious" makes me come across as "bitter", abi? So, you don't get it? Neither atheism nor religion has done anything possitive for humanity. It's an idioti'c thread to begin with. Both atheists and religious folks alike have contributed to the advancement of the human race. My point, however, is that while atheism does not, religion has NEGATIVE packages for humanity. That's the contention, Mr.

Can you imagine someone who has contempt for reason and has declared his absolute faith in a satanic deity? What kind of lunatic believes it's GOOD to obey God no matter how horrible his commandments but EVIL/SINFUL to disobey those same commands? What business do such denizens of madhouses have pontificating to others about morality? You revere Abraham and celebrate Joshua, but in your chronic hypocricy, condemn Jihadists who're equally carrying out their God's orders like Abraham and Joshua? The fact that you're an Abrahamist makes you only one commandment away from blowing up a market place. Once God gives the order, you carry it out without question. You're just as mindless and insane as the Jihadist who believes in slavish obedience to his torture God.

1 Like

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
What a pathetic moro'n. So, "stating the obvious" makes me come across as "bitter", abi? So, you don't get it? Neither atheism nor religion has done anything possitive for humanity. It's an idioti'c thread to begin with. Both atheists and religious folks alike have contributed to the advancement of the human race. My point, however, is that while atheism does not, religion has NEGATIVE packages for humanity. That's the contention, Mr.

Can you imagine someone who has contempt for reason and has declared his absolute faith in a satanic deity? What kind of lunatic believes it's GOOD to obey God no matter how horrible his commandments but EVIL/SINFUL to disobey those same commands? What business do such denizens of madhouses have pontificating to others about morality? You revere Abraham and celebrate Joshua, but in your chronic hypocricy, condemn Jihadists who're equally carrying out their God's orders like Abraham and Joshua? The fact that you're an Abrahamist makes you only one commandment away from blowing up a market place. Once God gives the order, you carry it out without question. You're just as mindless and insane as the Jihadist who believes in slavish obedience to his torture God.

I think you need to take a few steps back and read your post....if you need a good example of bitterness you have got it there.

Pls till you learn to control your rants and choose your words then kindly do not mentions me. Some of us still have some honour left.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I think you need to take a few steps back and read your post....if you need a good example of bitterness you have got it there.

Pls till you learn to control your rants and choose your words then kindly do not mentions me. Some of us still have some honour left.
Of course, you have no answer to that. The best you can do is obsess over my tone. You want a polite message, right? Well, to hell with political correctness. Address the substantive point, will ya? Are you a lunatic for following Yahweh, or not? That's the point, not tagging me "bitter" like your life depends on it. Would you have done the same thing Abraham did? Will you be WILLING to slaughter your child if a voice in your head calling itself God commands it? If yes then you're a dangerous lunatic, pure and simple.

1 Like

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by felixomor: 9:45am On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

Hey boy, I think you need to first ask felixomor and naijadeyhia, how i treated their lack of decorum.

How does this asinine response of yours, portrays you as a specie that belongs to the class of grown ups now?

Stop deluding yourself in grandeur!

There are better ways to deal with the typical atheist loneliness that is evident in u at the moment.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by rudepen(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

May be you should start by telling us, how religious beliefs has helped humanity. Then we take it from there.

Hope you will not run this time.
it has helped to curb the natural sinful life of man
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 10:12am On Nov 13, 2016
jonbellion:
ooh really?
You're on the internet created by Tim Berners lee- an atheist
And you're on a public forum created by seun osewa- an atheist
I just named two things you use regularly
So your comment is ignorant
Atheists and religious people have both helped mankind
Just to add Alan Turing the father of computer science helped win world war 2 by cracking the enigma code. I'm sure you have a smartphone and I'm sure you know who Mark zuckerberg is
And Thomas Alva Edison invented the motion picture camera and the lightbilb
I think you are confused undecided
atheists virtually ''own'' the internet world and its relations.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by DeSepiero(m): 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
rudepen:
True!
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 2:18pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

This is very sad....replace your statement with christian and chriatianity as appropriate, to see how nonsensical you sound...#intellectual dishonety at work
joyContraMundum:
Dumb fvck! So, the argument has shifted from intellectual credibility to benefits, abi? By the way, WHAT has religion done for humanity? Yess......??
akintom:
May be you should start by telling us, how religious beliefs has helped humanity. Then we take it from there.Hope you will not run this time.

Everyday is for Other Discussion (not argument), BUT Nabalia (Today) we need to reveal to nairalander What Has Atheism (Not Atheist) Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion[/b]
Am not saying what he is going to offer, but what it HAS and Continue offer

I tried to HELP the folks with inability to comprehend me question, hence giving clue with modification.

DeSepiero:
Atheists achieve deeper levels of critical thinking and free thought. cool
^^ Good! Now I know What Atheists had achieved they are human being afterall.
^^ Now tell me what I dont Know - Tell me What Has [b]Atheism (Not Atheist) Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion[/b]

1 Like

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
rudepen:
You have to DEFINE sin before this sentence can make any sense.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Everyday is for Other Discussion (not argument), BUT Nabalia (Today) we need to reveal to nairalander What Has Atheism (Not Atheist) Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion[/b]

I tried to HELP the folks with inability to comprehend me question, hence giving clue with modification.

^^ Now tell me what I dont Know - Tell me What Has [b]Atheism (Not Atheist) Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion[/b]

Pathetic, man. No one ever said atheism has done anything for humanity. I said in an earlier post that neither atheism nor religion has done anything (positive) for the human race, religion, however has a lot of negative packages for humanity, whereas, atheism does not. Therein lies the contention, ogbeni.

That having been said, what does the usefulness or not of an ideology has to do with its credibility? What's the point exactly? Because atheism has done nothing for humanity, then it's false, even though religion also has done literally nothing (positive) for the human race?

I don't quite understand what you're yapping about.

And, of course, I'm anti-religion (anti-Abrahamism)...... So? undecided
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by flamingREED(m): 3:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
jonbellion:
Who can forget issac newton- his work on gravity though it was modified it is still correct when the speeds aren't up to the speed of light
He's an atheist.... Like his own is bad he's not even agnostic atall. he has ALS and he's still so relevant
The difference right now is that science has started answering the big questions not like 200-500 years ago. There would have been a lot of thiests then
Basically there are very few people why believe in God because it provides the best cosmology. Modern science has undermined religion
Please religious people the earth isn't 6000 years old. And we can see the cosmic microwave background radiation- the leftover thermal heat from the universe's early expansion and red shift of light. Proof of the big bang(it's not an explosion btw) We can see starlight older than 6000 years so we live in an old earth and an even older universe

Rubbish.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by flamingREED(m): 3:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
jonbellion:

Rubbish.

You're addicted to worthless speculations on NOVA and those by Brian Greene..
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by jonbellion(m): 3:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
flamingREED:

Rubbish.

You're addicted to worthless speculations on NOVA and those by Brian Greene..
okay
From your comment I don't even think you know the speed of light is finite
I don't have time to argue
So okay whatever you say
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
rudepen:

What is "natural sinful life of man"?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
jonbellion:
ooh really?
Just to add Alan Turing the father of computer science helped win world war 2 by cracking the enigma code. I'm sure you have a smartphone and I'm sure you know who Mark zuckerberg is

Sir Tim Berners Lee was never an atheist , he only rejected religion in his youth . Rejecting religion =! atheism . Like I earlier said , deists , pantheists , panentheists , pandeists , religious skeptics , agnostics all reject religion .

He is now a member of the UU - a theologically diverse religion comprising of all kinds of people with or without religious background helping people seek spiritual growth . The UU stands for Unitarian Universalism .

We still have religious people who rule the internet - CEOs of Google , Twitter , Apple , eBay , Reddit , Snapchat , Yahoo mail etc . Plus Mark and Alan were formerly religious people

And a quick reminder , atheists have done so little to the world when compared to what religious people have done .
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by 4kings: 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2016
GoodMuyis:

An ideology does not affect mankind but men and physical entities do
undecided
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
Offerings of atheism

When clients who are either Christians, Muslims, herbalist, witch doctors and theists generally, sit across my table, and i begin to expose to them, how their foolishness and self inflicted delusion, that originate from their religious beliefs, has messed up their health, they can't but admit their utter stupidity.

Religious beliefs delude folks to believe that stroke is caused by Spirit, hypertension can be cured by anointing oil, diabetes can be cured by concoctions, diabetic sore is arrow of the imaginary enemies etc

When i help these folks to realize their stupidity, right in my office, they thank me and show gratitude, for redirecting them out of their hasty path of painful death, to path of rational health management.

That's the good that Humanism does for humanity. Good without God.

The campaign for secularity of states, globally, is liberating people from the oppression, victimization and inequalities, brought about by religious folks.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2016
DeSepiero:

'Atheists achieve "deeper" levels of critical thinking and free thought'.

This statement doesn't insult theists. The word "deeper" as a comparative didn't assert that theists do not think critically as you tend to assume.

Stop feeling insecure.
see this kindergarten kid ooooo

I am feeling insecure? for what? how dare you?!
do you really know me? because you have your so called deeper critical thinking and I don't?

kid, if the way you think is the way that defines critical thinking, then I rather become a non living thing. in fact, better to commit suicide! how dare you?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

Hey boy, I think you need to first ask felixomor and naijadeyhia, how i treated their lack of decorum.

How does this asinine response of yours, portrays you as a specie that belongs to the class of grown ups now?
I just wonder why kids are just flooding NL these days. I think seun should add age limit on NL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Yep its official. Atheism offers nothing but Spite, bitterness, anger, hatred, psychopathy, delusion, pride and worst of all a false sense of intelligence .

Atheism offers Zip in positivity.
100% endorsed!
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
jonbellion:
ooh really?
and the dumbness continues.....

I ask again, can you stop typing so dumb? what's all this?!

op is asking about something that is peculiar to atheism. can't you read?

if you have nothing to say, why not say it offers nothing?

people you talked about is out of the case, because their success is not tied to atheism as theists still do even better than what you quoted.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 6:59pm On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
Dumb fvck! So, the argument has shifted from intellectual credibility to benefits, abi? By the way, WHAT has religion done for humanity? Yess......??

why must you be afraid of answering the op?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
promise10:

why must you be afraid of answering the op?
You certainly haven't gone through my posts on this thread.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 7:02pm On Nov 13, 2016
promise10:

I just wonder why kids are just flooding NL these days. I think seun should add age limit on NL.

The age of your cognitive development and functioning is obviously being inhibited by delayed developmental milestones.

Becoming tantrumic is the best bet for you.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by DeSepiero(m): 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
promise10:

see this kindergarten kid ooooo

I am feeling insecure? for what? how dare you?!
do you really know me? because you have your so called deeper critical thinking and I don't?

kid, if the way you think is the way that defines critical thinking, then I rather become a non living thing. in fact, better to commit suicide! how dare you?
All these in a bid to engage me in your tantrums?
Still, I never said theists don't think critically. I don't know why you're wrongly assuming I did. Calmly go back and read my posts. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

" / How Often Do You Read Your Bible? / Christians And Muslims, Where Did Christ Get His Blood From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.