Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion (4251 Views)

What Are Your Favourite Anti-religion Songs? / Anti-religion Memes / Atheists Let's Have Fun. Anti-religion Memes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2016
4kings:

An ideology does not affect mankind but men and physical entities do
undecided

I think you are missing definition for ideology here, try again and edit your comment

Boko Haram is what, is it not someone ideology
, that birth the deadly group
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
joyContraMundum:
You certainly haven't gone through my posts on this thread.
you don't worth it
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by felixomor: 7:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
promise10:

I just wonder why kids are just flooding NL these days. I think seun should add age limit on NL.

Lol

1 Like

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

The age of your cognitive development and functioning is obviously being inhibited by delayed developmental milestones.

Becoming tantrumic is the best bet for you.
and the damage control continues....
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by 4kings: 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
GoodMuyis:

I think you are missing definition for ideology here, try again and edit your comment

Boko Haram is what, is it not someone ideology
, that birth the deadly group
Ok Sir.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:
Offerings of atheism

When clients who are either Christians, Muslims, herbalist, witch doctors and theists generally, sit across my table, and i begin to expose to them, how their foolishness and self inflicted delusion, that originate from their religious beliefs, has messed up their health, they can't but admit their utter stupidity.

Religious beliefs delude folks to believe that stroke is caused by Spirit, hypertension can be cured by anointing oil, diabetes can be cured by concoctions, diabetic sore is arrow of the imaginary enemies etc

When i help these folks to realize their stupidity, right in my office, they thank me and show gratitude, for redirecting them out of their hasty path of painful death, to path of rational health management.

That's the good that Humanism does for humanity. Good without God.

The campaign for secularity of states, globally, is liberating people from the oppression, victimization and inequalities, brought about by religious folks.

Am not asking you of your Job description, thank you
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:
Offerings of atheism

When clients who are either Christians, Muslims, herbalist, witch doctors and theists generally, sit across my table, and i begin to expose to them, how their foolishness and self inflicted delusion, that originate from their religious beliefs, has messed up their health, they can't but admit their utter stupidity.

Religious beliefs delude folks to believe that stroke is caused by Spirit, hypertension can be cured by anointing oil, diabetes can be cured by concoctions, diabetic sore is arrow of the imaginary enemies etc

When i help these folks to realize their stupidity, right in my office, they thank me and show gratitude, for redirecting them out of their hasty path of painful death, to path of rational health management.

That's the good that Humanism does for humanity. Good without God.

The campaign for secularity of states, globally, is liberating people from the oppression, victimization and inequalities, brought about by religious folks.

You keep exposing your ignorance of God and Religion . Without religion , persons like Enoch , Noah walked with God . They lived morally good lives which were pleasing to God - this was during the antediluvian and pre-Judaism period .

In modern times : rejecting religious beliefs does mean not you have rejected God . Being good without religion does not necessarily mean you are good without God - some people believe morality was ingrained in humans by God , to know what is good and evil through reason and judgement for the betterment of humankind .

You know too little to be pontificating or being dogmatic about your opinions . Seriously man , stop embarrassing yourself .
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sir Tim Berners Lee was never an atheist , he only rejected religion in his youth . Rejecting religion =! atheism . Like I earlier said , deists , pantheists , panentheists , pandeists , religious skeptics , agnostics all reject religion .

He is now a member of the UU - a theologically diverse religion comprising of all kinds of people with or without religious background helping people seek spiritual growth . The UU stands for Unitarian Universalism .

We still have religious people who rule the internet - CEOs of Google , Twitter , Apple , eBay , Reddit , Snapchat , Yahoo mail etc . Plus Mark and Alan were formerly religious people

And a quick reminder , atheists have done so little to the world when compared to what religious people have done .

king of liars..
Steve wozniak(apple) is an atheist...Jobs wwas 50/50...
Yahoo founders are religious?...do you have proof?
A co-owner of reddit(somewhat) is an atheist...
Where's your proof reddit owners are atheists?
Alan dumped religion and the likes at an early age...i think around 16
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
GoodMuyis:

Am not asking you of your Job description, thank you

I neither told you any of such. Are you now retro-amnesic of your thread?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
raphieMontella:
king of liars.. Steve wozniak(apple) is an atheist...Jobs wwas 50/50... Yahoo founders are religious?...do you have proof? A co-owner of reddit(somewhat) is an atheist... Where's your proof reddit owners are atheists? Alan dumped religion and the likes at an early age...i think around 16
mayor of all Lairs!
jobs was never 50/50, he was a Buddhist.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You keep exposing your ignorance of God and Religion . Without religion , persons like Enoch , Noah walked with God . They lived morally good lives which were pleasing to God - this was during the antediluvian and pre-Judaism period .

In modern times : rejecting religious beliefs does mean not you have rejected God . Being good without religion does not necessarily mean you are good without God - some people believe morality was ingrained in humans by God , to know what is good and evil through reason and judgement for the betterment of humankind .

You know too little to be pontificating or being dogmatic about your opinions . Seriously man , stop embarrassing yourself .

It's now obvious to me, that you are pathologically infirmed of the ability to connect your arguments intelligently.

I think you will have to go study elementary basis of my writings, from my introductory posts on NL.

* I hold the view that God doesn't exist

* religion/God idea is a mental fabrication

* morality didn't originate from religion or God idea

* when i write "God" as against "God idea", i only assume, but not admit its existence in such instance.

Good without God is a reality. Without God idea, humanity will live better in the world.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
akintom:

It's now obvious to me, that you are pathologically infirmed of the ability to connect your arguments intelligently.

I think you will have to go study elementary basis of my writings, from my introductory posts on NL.

* I hold the view that God doesn't exist

* religion/God idea is a mental fabrication

* morality didn't originate from religion or God idea

* when write "God" as against "God idea", i only assume, but not admit its existence in such instance.

Good without God is a reality. Without God idea, humanity will live better in the world.
yet to figure out a single sense from the above. I have seen none, because you definitely have none, thanks.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2016
promise10:
mayor of all Lairs!
jobs was never 50/50, he was a Buddhist.
scoff,, remind me of christians who practise yoga ? You need to read up on jobs bro.. My two cents.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2016
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2016
raphieMontella:

scoff,,
remind me of christians who practise yoga ?
You need to read up on jobs bro..
My two cents.

Steve Jobs was a Buddhist na
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2016
promise10:

yet to figure out a single sense from the above. I have seen none, because you definitely have none, thanks.

Simply because your capacity and capability to reason, has fatally been crashed.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 11:04pm On Nov 13, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Steve Jobs was a Buddhist na
no..he wasnt...
With his own words..he was always 50/50 on God...and on religion he was 50/50...
Bill gates go to church..doesnt make him a christian...
Likewise atheists who wed in churches...
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 1:50am On Nov 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

scoff,,
remind me of christians who practise yoga ?
You need to read up on jobs bro..
My two cents.

go and take several seats, you are the mayor of all lairs. or do you need a website?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 1:53am On Nov 14, 2016
akintom:

Simply because your capacity and capability to reason, has fatally been crashed.
and the dumbness worsens.....

can somebody help this kid?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 2:02am On Nov 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

no..he wasnt...
With his own words..he was always 50/50 on God...and on religion he was 50/50...
Bill gates go to church..doesnt make him a christian...
Likewise atheists who wed in churches...
how dumb you guys have been sounding today is so ridiculous.

that jobs wasn't a Buddhist?

http://www.lionsroar.com/how-steve-jobs-found-buddhism/

https://www.quora.com/Was-Steve-Jobs-an-Buddhist

now, can you stop doing your mayor job of lying?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 2:06am On Nov 14, 2016
promise10:

go and take several seats, you are the mayor of all lairs. or do you need a website?
uh? Do you need his quotes??
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 2:07am On Nov 14, 2016
CoolUsername:
Nothing, people contribute to the society irrespective of their beliefs. I didn't become an atheist to make the world a better place, I became an atheist because I stopped believing in God.

It's just like asking 'what has not playing football done for the world?' The answer is nothing, it all depends on what you do with your time.

Atheists formulate their beliefs independently, just like other people we just don't involve God in our decisions.

Exactly this.

Atheism is simply not believing in a god. It's not some large club or something. And I don't know why everything thinks every atheist is always angry and bitter , you're complicating something which is quite simple.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 2:24am On Nov 14, 2016
promise10:

how dumb you guys have been sounding today is so ridiculous.

that jobs wasn't a Buddhist?

http://www.lionsroar.com/how-steve-jobs-found-buddhism/

https://www.quora.com/Was-Steve-Jobs-an-Buddhist

now, can you stop doing your mayor job of lying?

uhmm?
Seriously....didnt see anything there...m talking about his personal belief not what someone thinks he was or something....
Quora?

I believe in God, sometimes I don’t. I think it’s 50/50 maybe. But ever since I’ve had cancer,
I’ve been thinking about it more, and I find myself believing a bit more, maybe it’s because
I want to believe in an afterlife, that when you die, it doesn’t just all disappear. The wisdom you’ve accumulated, somehow, it lives on.''
steve jobs

''I think different religions are different doors to
the same house. Sometimes I think the house
exists, and sometimes I don’t. It’s the great
mystery.''
Steve Jobs
do i need to say anything again?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 2:35am On Nov 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

uhmm?
Seriously....didnt see anything there...m talking about his personal belief not what someone thinks he was or something....
Quora?

I believe in God, sometimes I don’t. I think it’s 50/50 maybe. But ever since I’ve had cancer,
I’ve been thinking about it more, and I find myself believing a bit more, maybe it’s because
I want to believe in an afterlife, that when you die, it doesn’t just all disappear. The wisdom you’ve accumulated, somehow, it lives on.''
steve jobs

''I think different religions are different doors to
the same house. Sometimes I think the house
exists, and sometimes I don’t. It’s the great
mystery.''
Steve Jobs
do i need to say anything again?

I’ve been thinking about it more, and I find myself believing a bit more
, maybe it’s because

the bolder shows that at the later stage of his life, it wasn't 50/50. because he believed a bit more
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 2:41am On Nov 14, 2016
promise10:

I’ve been thinking about it more, and I find myself believing a bit more [/b]maybe it’s because I want to believe in an afterlife, that when you die, it doesn’t just all disappear. The wisdom you’ve accumulated, somehow, it lives on.''

the bolder shows that at the later stage of his life, it wasn't 50/50.because he believed a bit more[/b]
do you have another definition of 50/50 ?
Do you understand sometimes?
He gave the quote together not separated you know?
Abi you want tell am wetin he believe?

And i think some atheists do believe in the afterlife
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by promise10: 2:45am On Nov 14, 2016
raphieMontella:
do you have another definition of 50/50 ? Do you understand sometimes? He gave the quote together not separated you know? Abi you want tell am wetin he believe?
And i think some atheists do believe in the afterlife
please research well next time.

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by raphieMontella: 2:48am On Nov 14, 2016
promise10:

the first pic. Is really tiny...cant see anything there... The other two...do not in anyway show he's a buddhist or something... He still has other quotes that prove my point you know?
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by Nobody: 2:59am On Nov 14, 2016
promise10:

Why are we trying to prove jobbs was a Buddhist. Buddhism isn't necessarily a theistic religion.
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 10:13am On Nov 14, 2016
akintom:
I neither told you any of such. Are you now retro-amnesic of your thread?

In Case you are unaware of what you wrote

akintom:
Offerings of atheism

The Blue is your Job description, which I care less at least for now

The Red staired up is a Question.
IBB is so sickly and had employed World class physicians why is still sick,
He so rich and couldn't have live a non-hygenic life, why did e fall sick
Am asking the above if you have answer for that

NOTE: am not saying all sickness are caused spiritually as you have claimed am more intelligent than that
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by akintom(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2016
GoodMuyis:

In Case you are unaware of what you wrote

The Blue is your Job description, which I care less at least for now

The Red staired up is a Question.
IBB is so sickly and had employed World class physicians why is still sick,
He so rich and couldn't have live a non-hygenic life, why did e fall sick
Am asking the above if you have answer for that

NOTE: am not saying all sickness are caused spiritually as you have claimed am more intelligent than that

Medical Science has diagnosed countless diseases that religious folks ascribed to demonic attacks, as simply pathophysiological case.

Not only did medical science gave a rational basis for diseases, they equally provided curative and effective management modalities, in a cheap and affordable packages.

You don't understand the "religious fundamental beliefs and claims". It's erroneously and ignorantly claimed that there was no incidents of diseases, until Adam and eve, sinned against God.

Therefore, ALL diseases are caused by evil Spirits (haven't you read in your Bible where spirit of fever, epilepsy etc were mentioned?). And diseases will ONLY be cured by prayer of faith.

But prayer, has not cure anything, not even a common malaria fever.

Your view on this doesn't matter, in as much you subscribe to Christian religion.

Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 12:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
akintom:

Medical Science has diagnosed countless diseases that religious folks ascribed to demonic attacks, as simply pathophysiological case.

Not only did medical science gave a rational basis for diseases, they equally provided curative and effective management modalities, in a cheap and affordable packages.

You don't understand the "religious fundamental beliefs and claims". It's erroneously and ignorantly claimed that there was no incidents of diseases, until Adam and eve, sinned against God.

Therefore, ALL diseases are caused by evil Spirits (haven't you read in your Bible where spirit of fever, epilepsy etc were mentioned?). And diseases will ONLY be cured by prayer of faith.

But prayer, has not cure anything, not even a common malaria fever.

Your view on this doesn't matter, in as much you subscribe to Christian religion.

Your Submission show that, you have not gone far in medical, OR not seen much
If am not right about the above then your sincerity is questionable.

Years Ago in 1996, my uncles wife was in labour room struggling for more than 16 hours in a Popular Hospital at Ilorin, attended to by a popular Doctor, yet she could not deliver the baby.

Then the doctor recommended Operation, only waiting for the husband to come and sign few docs.

THE MIRACLE
My mother who was just came around, who is not even a nurse, when she heard about the operation, went inside the labour room, she held the hand of the lady, and pray not up to a minute, she start groaning, here come the crow, later attended to by Nurses and she delivered safely w/o operation.
What Qualified Doctor could not do for hours, was done in few seconds of prayer. Even Doctor is not happy with my mom but who cares.

I would have tell other testimonial s, i have heard but you will question it authenticity, but this one happen to us by PRAYER.

Back to the question, you are yet to answer the last set of my questions before, going into details
Re: What Has Atheism Offer To Mankind Apart From Anti-religion by GoodMuyis(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
akintom:

Read this before I locked it down on you
If you are sincere and intelligent enough with all your submission, you should notice the OP

We have Placebo Effect, Adrenaline Rush, positive thinking induction etc in Religion Christianity to be precise, and in one way or the other it helps.

The bold in my quote is what we know its a result of prayer and we do testify of it but you atheist in a bid to deny God decide to attached psychology to it and called it names.
But whether Placebo Effect or Adrenaline Rush, its a result of prayer.

Before you comment read my Testimony above and am a Witness, shikena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What We Lost Because Of Christianity In Africa. / The Word Bible Is Not Mentioned In The Bible / Return Of The Nimrod (Exposing False religious Leaders)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.