Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership (1187 Views)

Names Of Senators Who Signed Ndume Out Of Senate Leadership / Buhari Moves To Install Barrow As Gambian President. / Buhari Moves To Sack SGF Babachir Lawal, Gets Likely Replacements - Naij.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by SkytrendNews: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2016
A new page may have been opened in senate-executive relations after months of poor engagements following the circumstances surrounding the emergence of the Senate leadership.

For the third time in one week, President Muhammadu Buhari met with the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, a clear departure from what obtained in the past 18 months when he reportedly declined at several times to personally engage the Senate President or the senate leadership on issues of governance, reports Thisday Newspaper.

Saraki had emerged Senate President after defeating his party, All Progressives Congress’ preferred candidate, Sen. Ahmed Lawan. His party was further irked by the emergence of Senator Ike Ekweremadu, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) senator, as his deputy.

Since their emergence on June 9, 2015, there had been limited engagements between President Buhari and Saraki and the senate leadership – a development that has had significant impacts on senate’s approval of presidential requests.

In the immediate past administration, the presidency was well aware that the National Assembly, particularly the Senate, needed to be properly engaged because a number of government activities such as confirmation of appointments must secure the nod of senators. But President Buhari, because of the intra-party dispute that trailed the election of the Senate leadership and partly because of the fact that he had all of his early requests granted by the Senate, took such engagement with a pinch of salt,.

Analysts believe that the erroneous assumption that the executive and the senate could carry on with their constitutional duties without serious engagement may have been fueled by Senate’s decision to clear the list of all the ministerial nominees sent to it by the president in October last year without any serious engagement with the senators.

Even in spite of the opposition from the PDP senators to the confirmation of former Governor of Rivers State, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, the APC senators still maximised the opportunity of their slim majority to outwit their PDP counterparts and ensured that Ameachi was confirmed.

Besides, Saraki also used his power of the gavel to overturn senators’ voice vote against the confirmation of Alhaji Lai Mohammed at the time as it was obvious that majority of the senators voted against his confirmation as minister. This, analysts believed might have given the president the impression that he could always have his way on any request sent to the Senate.

http://skytrendnews.com/2016/11/13/revealed-buhari-closes-gap-saraki-senate-leadership/

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by WhiteShark1(m): 11:43am On Nov 13, 2016
I hope it leads to a smooth sail for Nigerians like us who never lose hope despite the glaring mismanagement of this great nation...

I think say Bubu no dey fear (Na joke o)
Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by SkytrendNews: 11:47am On Nov 13, 2016
I agree with this move, Buhari cant be fighting all the institutions at the same time and expect to make any meaningful progress
Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by pchukwudi: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
Tinubu must realy be sronger than I thought.

Now that he seems too hard a nut for the lying demons to crack (or keep maimed and silenced in their coven rightly called APC), I'm curious to see how far the lying wizards will go at rebranding the senate and its current leadership which they had previously worked so hard to demonize.

Talk of a dog going back to its vomit.

Bunch of lunatics.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
Firstly, the Presido should give himself a brain reset. Isn't it sad that everything he jumps on get a 'slow ride'?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by mej67: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
Another clear proof of admission of failure by current administration.

So, a year was completely lost before he realised that he could not rule alone like a junta he was in the 80s.

Very soon he will realise that 3 years equals 2 years and 10months. That's the time before next party primary election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by KingNom(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2016
THE NIGERIA SOLUTION: A MIND RE-DRIVE
Dear Mr. President, I suggest we make the best use of your tenure to fix the basic FOUNDATIONAL PROBLEM to all our problems as an emerging Great Country: the AVERAGE NIGERIAN MINDSET! Here we can fix the many issues of our Country by using 'ONE STONE to kill a thousand birds'.
Let us use the MIND RE-DRIVE STRATEGY. This is by renewing the minds of Nigerians (as many are with respect to Integrity, corrupt) through an AGGRESSIVE value reorientation campaign using all forms of Public and Private Agencies and media; Tv, radio, internet Print media, even the movies, musical artistes etc.
If the President through his powers ( with our Governors and other Political office holders) together with the teeming population can reproduce an 'Integrity' mindset in the average citizen, his work will be made much more easy in fixing Nigeria, cutting down the giant tree of Nigeria problems from its MAIN ROOT.
'Get a person to think of doing a thing AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do it.' Get the Nigerian person to think of doing the right thing righlty AND he will ACTUALLY and ENTHUSIASTICALLY do the right thing rightly.'
Then will we have many 'high integrity persons' almost everywhere, fixing Nigeria. This way, the 'REAL POSITIVE CHANGE' will be deeply entrenched and sustainable for future generations.
A tree cannot make a forest alone, BUT CAN, through reproduction. Just Imagine if every Nigerian was thinking and acting with integrity at the various levels of our society, how our Country will be, Paradise!
If we fix our 'Integrity' values as individuals and as a Country, God helping us; Nigeria will become Paradise! _St. Nom S.
Pls share till it reaches everyone, We can be Great again, even Greater than ever before!!
Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by Izonpikin: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
pchukwudi:

Now that he seems too hard a nut for the lying demons to crack (or keep maimed and silenced in their coven rightly called APC), I'm curious to see how far the lying wizards will go at rebranding the senate and its current leadership which they had previously worked so hard to demonize.

Bunch of lunatics.
guy you've been correct about sarakis case all along..now that tinubu is being dealt with, any case against saraki would surely not fly for long..tinubu who was having a field day with saraki is now at the receiving end.. cheesy

And who we pity??

The ignorant apc zombies... wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by pchukwudi: 2:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
No mind dem jaare. Too many dull bright heads. grin

Izonpikin:
guy you've been correct about sarakis case all along..now that tinubu is being dealt with, any case against saraki would surely not fly for long..tinubu who was having a field day with saraki is now at the receiving end.. cheesy

And who we pity??

The ignorant apc zombies... wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by phemmie06(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2016
You want him now that you have used Tinubu as a ladder to your post

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by boyt1: 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
Now the sick President understands the difference between a Democracy and military dictatorship govt.
Saraki & co for show bubu say levels don change!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by omowolewa: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
He got no choice, now he has to backdown on corruption cases to align with existing order too.
Politic is a game of numbers not a show of force.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by Femiolu2000: 2:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
Buhari is a bloody hypocrite, he's not fighting any corruotion, Nigeria may be worse off in 2019

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by KEVIND: 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2016
$30 billion loan has reset PMB brain on Saraki. hmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by KEVIND: 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2016
$30 billion loan has reset PMB brain and is thought on Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by PedroJP(m): 3:07pm On Nov 13, 2016
So all this about Tinubu been used and dumped ain't just media propaganda.

Thought zombies saw the future where Saraki was languishing in jail after been impeached.

Am i dreaming myself or is it reality ? A zombie should tap me a little and tell me what's happening. I said a little oo, make person no drag me harshly, cos i fit throw hot slap.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by Paperwhite(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
pchukwudi:
No mind dem jaare. Too many dull bright heads. grin

Guy you must be a person with foresight.I also recalled when you said it but many fanatic APC NL supporters were on your jugular.You were justified after all. Kudus bro.
Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by Paperwhite(m): 3:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
Tinubu lost,Lawan lost,Gbajamila lost.Fashola,Fayemi,Amosun are the current traitors.Karma is wicked. grin grin
Re: Buhari Moves To Reset Relationship With Saraki, Senate Leadership by dunkem21(m): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2016
pchukwudi:

Bunch of lunatics.

I really respect you for this Saraki's case. .

(1) (Reply)

They Will Strip Jonathan Naked For Free Any Other Day / Nairaland Poll: Do You Want Gej Back / PHOTO: DSS Arrests AD Agent For Sharing Money At Ondo West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.