Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (96932 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by theoilguy: 8:37am On Jan 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

small Bros, happy new year. Less than 100 people are owing Amcon 5 trillion and they're still breathing. I forget to mention that I was owing the Rymco guy for selling substandard engine oil and he brought a letter from a lawyer who later told him to forget about it because my customers cars were worse for it. I also remember that I was owing Oando over 2m but because of the damages their 5w40 synthetic oil did to my range Rover Sport and 7 other owners, I refused to pay. I still have the test results for SGS Paris where they took the oil samples for analysis. If you claim that I am owing you, know for sure that your oil is not what it should be. Please run away from me and my thread.

Thief, you are claiming you are owing everyone and you are proud about it. You re the only mechanic who uses peoples oil on credit. When it is time to pay, you will lie that your wife has run away from home or you are in the hospital or the people you used oil for have not paid. All the oils people supply u are not good enough. Why dont you make your own oil? Mr TV crew. Empty vessel who cannot even afford a decent life. See Europe deportee forming oil expert. Nairaland has given low lifes like you the ability to brag up and down. It is this your messages of tv crew, mobil came to see me and all that that made me believe you so much that i entrusted you with 200k oils thinking you were a rich mechanic. Didnt know you are pauper. It will not happen to any one else as long as I am on nairaland. I go dey bust your bubble steady. A fool bragging about owing everyone. Factory nor let u open make you dey make your own oil since you know so much.

You are a dubious old man and a criminal. For you to be this thieving at your old age, little wonder you didnt amount to much in life. As long as this username exist, I will make sure you never scam any one else. You must be very stupid to say usa mobil and castrol are not good enough for your customers cars. You wey dey beg for months make i nor bring the matter come nairaland say you go pay. Like I said, I will make sure you loose more than 50K in reputation.

2 Likes

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by theoilguy: 8:44am On Jan 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

I have tried several times by patronage. I bought 6 gallons of Castrol extended from him last December and he is still not satisfied. I normally don't buy Oil from people that have issues with me but I still did with him so that he will grow up. He is still learning and we need his oil but I am not owing him. I have paid him for the amount that I am owing him and if he claims that he is from Benin, there are list of items that he was supposed to bring for appeasement to his elders. Let him go and do likewise

our conversations are on nairaland. Shey you say you wont pay 50k because I insulted you. I will keep insulting you until my 50k complete. Imagine a thief thief elder looking for appeasement. As far as I am concerned, you are not an elder. Elders dont steal, they dont lie. You are just a foolish old man who is lucky to hide inside a barracks. Thats your only saving grace.

I dont need your patronage, keep it to your foolish self. Wether u buy 6 gallons via a proxy means nothing to me. You owe me and no amount of purchase will change that. Na your 6 gallons I wan take better? I have sold 500 gallons of mobil and castrol in the last few months to direct wholesalers. Be there mumuing yourself.

You wey nor reach my gateman for benin. You dey here dey assume for nairaland because I dey sell oil.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by theoilguy: 8:52am On Jan 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

I have tried several times by patronage. I bought 6 gallons of Castrol extended from him last December and he is still not satisfied. I normally don't buy Oil from people that have issues with me but I still did with him so that he will grow up. He is still learning and we need his oil but I am not owing him. I have paid him for the amount that I am owing him and if he claims that he is from Benin, there are list of items that he was supposed to bring for appeasement to his elders. Let him go and do likewise

Lest I forget, the same oil that isnt good enough for the private jets/cars that you repair are the same oil you came to buy via a proxy in December?

Talking from two sides of the mouth.. Wonder how people still deal with you.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Mottomata(m): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

please put the gallon picture on the thread so that we can understand the oil and it's use. There was a product called Rymco that my friend was importing from Holland. The website of the company has an oil finder where you can find the particular oil that is suitable for the kind of car you drive. I used it and it showed me that my friend was selling the oil and it was not suitable for any range rover brand. I stopped working with him and ensured that his oil was banned in our yard as a lot of other mechanics realized that the oil dries up. Engines are becoming more expensive nowadays but I rather rebuild the engine than to buy from the open market. Tokunbo engines are not foolproof and the condition of the engine is unknown. It's like putting a new heart without knowing the status of the heart. Be wise and use the right oil for your car. Prevention is better than cure.

Please see the pictures. They are both for extended performance and high mileage (+75,000 miles) which is the situation of most cars in use in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
Mottomata:

Please see the pictures. They are both for extended performance and high mileage (+75,000 miles) which is the situation of most cars in use in Nigeria
Great. price is allowed and phone number for easy access
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
Mottomata:

Great. price is allowed and phone number for easy access to the product. 0w20 serves a lot of vehicles from 2008 till date
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Mottomata(m): 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

Great. price is allowed and phone number for easy access to the product. 0w20 serves a lot of vehicles from 2008 till date

The price is #23,000 and my phone number is 08172076529. Thanks

I also have the 5W30 types too

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
Mottomata:

The price is #23,000 and my phone number is 08172076529. Thanks

I also have the 5W30 types too
These were the ones I was talking about yesterday and they are the oils recommended by Mobil for Toyota cars. Good to know that we have many better choices and options available to motorists. We have eliminated the use of our locally manufactured oils for use on our cars imported from the USA. I believe that Carquest and many Oil sellers should save our cars from becoming junk cars because we don't know the availability of the oil for our cars.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
sooperrescue:

I will do it tonight and let you know

I'm still waiting Sir. Thank you.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Activity77(m): 11:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
[quote author=theoilguy post=98369255]

5w30 Synthetic is what is recommended so stick wit it.. Mobil, Castrol, and a few other popular brands will work just fine

Thanks boss
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by drmuchin: 4:57am On Jan 25, 2021
radautoworks:
just log in and enter your car and it will show you every oil it can use. Alternatively you can tell me what year your car is.

pls respond
2001 VW golf 4 2.0L i4
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:56am On Jan 25, 2021
The search for Prime guard has been very difficult like looking for money in a beach. I went to PQIA website and the last Prime guard that they attested to was in 2017 and then the 5w30 full synthetic API SP in 2020. The oil seems to be more promoted here in Konga and Jumia than on any American website.

I also once queried the sellers of Duramax synthetic that it was only their synthetic blend that PQIA could certify. And it is still very obvious. I also learnt that Carquest is made by Valvoline which also uses (my) SYNGARD technology. And SYNGARD made Extreme synthetic blend, one of the best engine oils made for cars produced for the American market. Long story and we are still unraveling .........

Passenger car motor oil is the lifeblood of your engine. In addition to lubricating moving parts to help reduce wear and tear and the buildup of heat in your engine, motor oils contain performance additives that help to reduce oxidation, neutralize acids, prevent rust, corrosion, and foam, condition seals, save fuel, and keep your engine clean. But all engine oils are far from created equal. In fact, some motor oils on the shelves can cause harm to your engine and premature failure. Know what motor oil goes into your car.[i][/i]
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 6:43am On Jan 25, 2021
aieromon:

I guess you are referring to Prime Guard

https://engineoil.api.org/Directory/EolcsResultsDetail?accountId=-1&companyId=10583&resultsUrl=%2FDirectory%2FEolcsResults%3FaccountId%3D-1%26companyName%3DPrime%2520Guard

Thanks Sir. But someone got this for PRIME GUARD OIL. In your post.

I'm planning to buy this oil this week. I want to hear from you in simple terms.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:08am On Jan 25, 2021
CHIMCO:

I'm planning to buy this oil this week. I want to hear from you in simple terms.

I saw it but there is no review of the product on the web. Amalie and Twinco Romax have been touted to produce the oil but no review. The link that you quoted shows API licencing but no review. What particular car are you planning to use it on??
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by aieromon(m): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2021
CHIMCO:

Open the link I shared with you. Any oil certified by the American Petroleum Institute is ok for use. Stick to the recommended oil viscosity of your vehicle and you should be fine.

https://www.api.org/products-and-services/engine-oil
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2021
aieromon:

Open the link I shared with you. Any oil certified by the American Petroleum Institute is ok for use. Stick to the recommended oil viscosity of your vehicle and you should be fine.

Thanks. But please is Prime Guard oil Certified by American Petroleum institution? I'm not an oil guru.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by aieromon(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2021
CHIMCO:

Thanks. But please is Prime Guard oil Certified by American Petroleum institution? I'm not an oil guru.

Please open the link I shared with you. It is the American Petroleum Institute directory of engine oil manufacturers licenced to bear the API trademark logo and oil classification on their products.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:53am On Jan 25, 2021
aieromon:

Please open the link I shared with you. It is the American Petroleum Institute directory of engine oil manufacturers licenced to bear the API trademark logo and oil classification on their products.

It is a voluntary exercise that requires no enforcement. Just post what Americans are saying about the full synthetic oil because it is only on Konga and Jumia that we are hearing about the oil.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by aieromon(m): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2021
sooperrescue:

It is a voluntary exercise that requires no enforcement.

You choose to go with people's reviews and I choose to go with API.

By the way, you're yet to share the used oil analysis data to backup your claim for the designer oil with SL rating.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 12:25pm On Jan 25, 2021
aieromon:

You choose to go with people's reviews and I choose to go with API.

By the way, you're yet to share the used oil analysis data to backup your claim for the designer oil with SL rating.

You are very correct but besides API, why don't you just show us the company's website and the peer reviews about the oil. Like you can notice with foreign oils, I allow everyone to come on board and talk about their products. The Royal purple is reading the thread and he will soon give a robust response
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
drmuchin:

pls respond
2001 VW golf 4 2.0L i4
that's a British model so I don't have the official oil specs for it. This is what I found in Google seems to say 5w30
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 1:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
sooperrescue:
The search for Prime guard has been very difficult like looking for money in a beach. I went to PQIA website and the last Prime guard that they attested to was in 2017 and then the 5w30 full synthetic API SP in 2020. The oil seems to be more promoted here in Konga and Jumia than on any American website.

I also once queried the sellers of Duramax synthetic that it was only their synthetic blend that PQIA could certify. And it is still very obvious. I also learnt that Carquest is made by Valvoline which also uses (my) SYNGARD technology. And SYNGARD made Extreme synthetic blend, one of the best engine oils made for cars produced for the American market. Long story and we are still unraveling .........

Passenger car motor oil is the lifeblood of your engine. In addition to lubricating moving parts to help reduce wear and tear and the buildup of heat in your engine, motor oils contain performance additives that help to reduce oxidation, neutralize acids, prevent rust, corrosion, and foam, condition seals, save fuel, and keep your engine clean. But all engine oils are far from created equal. In fact, some motor oils on the shelves can cause harm to your engine and premature failure. Know what motor oil goes into your car.[i][/i]

Only a couple. Most of our oil is Amalie.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
CHIMCO:

we've never heard of this oil and we carry pretty much every reputed brand in the USA except competitor private labels like ours. Please go with something known. Or is there a reason you want to experiment?

Pennzoil, mobil, royal purple, Lucas, Quaker, valvoline, pentosin, liqui-moly, shell rotella and of course our brand are the only oils to have passed Carquest distribution's quality control.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
sooperrescue:

These were the ones I was talking about yesterday and they are the oils recommended by Mobil for Toyota cars. Good to know that we have many better choices and options available to motorists. We have eliminated the use of our locally manufactured oils for use on our cars imported from the USA. I believe that Carquest and many Oil sellers should save our cars from becoming junk cars because we don't know the availability of the oil for our cars.

How do even know that it is original. Few days ago police arrested a man in Lagos and arraigned him in court for refilling Mobile and fort oil gallons with whatever that suits him. He has so many litres filled and many are already in the Market. That is why I'm looking for this new product Prime Guard Oil, at least it is new without adulteration.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by CHIMCO(m): 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2021
radautoworks:
we've never heard of this oil and we carry pretty much every reputed brand in the USA except competitor private labels like ours. Please go with something known. Or is there a reason you want to experiment?

Pennzoil, mobil, royal purple, Lucas, Quaker, valvoline, pentosin, liqui-moly, shell rotella and of course our brand are the only oils to have passed Carquest distribution's quality control.

Noted Thanks.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:50am On Jan 26, 2021
CHIMCO:

How do even know that it is original. Few days ago police arrested a man in Lagos and arraigned him in court for refilling Mobile and fort oil gallons with whatever that suits him. He has so many litres filled and many are already in the Market. That is why I'm looking for this new product Prime Guard Oil, at least it is new without adulteration.

In my yard I see a man collecting used gallons of Mobil xhp and I keep destroying the labels but he found a new way to beat my surveillance. Buying from people who does not have any stake in the business is a risk. I have recommended Motul and Addinnol because I have met with the manufacturers. And the reps here are up to the task

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 1:23pm On Jan 26, 2021
We destroy our containers before disposal as well

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by lakefist(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2021
To change oil for this naija dey fear person now. Which one person go use now without the fear of adulteration or short supply?

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by ucodiddy: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2021
sooperrescue:

In my yard I see a man collecting used gallons of Mobil xhp and I keep destroying the labels but he found a new way to beat my surveillance. Buying from people who does not have any stake in the business is a risk. I have recommended Motul and Addinnol because I have met with the manufacturers. And the reps here are up to the task
Get your Addinol full synthetic engine oil (5w30,5w20, 0w20) @ 23k 5 litres

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2021
lakefist:
To change oil for this naija dey fear person now. Which one person go use now without the fear of adulteration or short supply?

Na so we see am.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by radautoworks: 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2021
lakefist:
a source that has no middle men like...

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by lakefist(m): 12:23am On Jan 27, 2021
radautoworks:
a source that has no middle men like...

I would love to meet the source. Very serious here. Just scared right now about oil change.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Ford Cars Quite Explicit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.