Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95321 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by weyreypey: 6:42am On Aug 17, 2021
radautoworks:
how You know you can just type what you want right? No need to use the menus
He's correct.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:10am On Sep 17, 2022
Oil scarcity, how are you coping with it? Bought a Total Q5000 recently for 8k and I was told Q9000 is now 37k. Oando has ran out of oil. They only sell Sae 40. Make una nor let cheap things ruin the engine o.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Theophinio(m): 12:45pm On Sep 21, 2022
sooperrescue:
We have to do it otherwise Motorists will keep changing their engines. When I see Toyota Engines being changed, I ponder over the matter and realised that the owner must have been ignorant of the fluid it uses. We now concentrate on Forte oil 10000 synth. The oil claimed to have some OEM specifications

Performance Levels
SAE 5W/40
API SN/CF
ACEA A3/B4
MB 229.1 & 229.3
VW 502.00/505.00
BMW LL-01
GM-LL-B-025
Porsche A40
PSA B71 2296
Renault RN 0700 / RN 0710

We checked their VW motor oil list and they were nowhere to be found. The Lube Manager claimed that it was a company in the Netherlands that produces the oil for them and when I asked for the name, he declined and said that he will not give me the name. An oil sold to the general public?
For GM OEM specifications, we found another matter entirely.

GM Dexos 1
Designed with gasoline engines in mind GM Dexos 1 replaces the GM-LL-A-025, GM6094M and GM4718M specifications. This specification is usually recommended for GM vehicles built for the North American and Asian markets. Compared to ILSAC GF-5 it has stricter requirements regarding piston deposit formation, aeration, oxidation stability, wear, low-temperature pumpability and volatility.
GM Dexos 2
The GM Dexos 2 specification is meant to be the replacement for both GM-LL-A-025 (gasoline) and GM-LL-B-025 (diesel) specifications for the European market. Oils meeting GM Dexos 2 are required for vehicles manufactured from MY2011 onward but they are also backward compatible with older models. This specification is built on the ACEA C3 standard but also contains elements from the ILSAC GF-4 deposit formation test and low-temperature sludge build-up test.
Legacy Motor Oil Specifications

GM-LL-A-025
Special GM approval for long-life engine oil for gasoline engines. Viscosity is SAE 0W-30. Product meets ACEA A3/B3. Drain interval can be as long as 30 000 kms. Recommended for vehicles built before MY2011.
GM-LL-B-025
Special GM approval for long-life engine oil for diesel engines. Viscosity is SAE 5W-40. Product meets ACEA A3/B3/B4. Drain interval can be as long as 50 000 kms. Recommended for vehicles built before MY2011.

Forte 10000 Synth GM OEM GM-LL-B-025 [/b]is for diesel engines only. That means that you can use the oil for only GM diesel engines and not gasoline engines. Like we told the Lubes guy, it is better they put a caveat to those buying their oil informing them on which model of car engines their oil is suitable for. I have not seen any GM car that is diesel powered, maybe there is but it is very minimal in the country for the oil to be classified for use on GM diesel cars.
[b]MB 229.1 & 229.3

It is the minimum quality approval and not the energy conserving quality.
Porsche A40.
The oil is not on the list as we dont know the name of the producer in Europe. And the good thing about Porsche oils is that some of the approved oils are for some specific regions and only few passed the worldwide approval. Forte Synth 10000 is not on the list unless the lube manager provides us with the name, but for now, it is an SN, suitable for Nothing.

BMW Longlife ll 01
BMW BMW Oil Specifications

BMW Longlife-98 (BMW LL-98)
Special long-life engine oil, approved by BMW. Also meets ACEA A3/B3, API SJ/CD, EC SAE 5W-40. Usually required for BMWs manufactured before MY 2002. Obsolete since 2009.
BMW Longlife-01 (BMW LL-01)
Special BMW approval for fully synthetic long-life oil. Product meets ACEA A3/B3 and API: SJ/CD EC-II. Usually required for BMWs built after MY 2002. Can also be used where a BMW Longlife-98 oil is recommended.

BMW Longlife-01 FE (BMW LL-01 FE)
Fully synthetic long-life oil with fuel economy properties. Oils meeting this specifications must have a low HTHS viscosity to meet the manufacturer's fuel economy requirements. These oils are only suitable for the following engines: N1x, N2x, N54, N55, N63, N74.
BMW Longlife-04 (BMW LL-04)
Special BMW approval for fully synthetic long-life oil. Viscosities are SAE 0W-30, 0W-40, 5W-30 and 5W-40. Usually required for BMWs equipped with a diesel particulate filter (DPF). Can also be used where a BMW Longlife-98 or BMW Longlife-01 oil is recommended.
BMW Longlife-12 (BMW LL-12)
Special motor oil for certain approved gasoline engines and the following diesel engines only: Nx7K1, Nx7U1, Nx7O1 from model year 2013. Not suitable for engines with 2 or 3 turbos.
For BMW, the longlife 01 is an API SJ specs and for cars built after 2002. Forte oil synth 10000. And according to the BMW specs, the oil must meet ACEA A3/B3. The local oil is ACEA A3/B4.
We are still investigating.....

Good afternoon sir

I see you are very knowledgeable in the business of lubricant (engine oil)

Please do you know anyone to put me through in this business

I mean buying wholesale in drum unbranded engine oil and retail it

Or buying branded one's. Anyone that's more feasible I will indulge.

Thank you sir
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:48pm On Sep 22, 2022
Theophinio:

Good afternoon sir

I see you are very knowledgeable in the business of lubricant (engine oil)

Please do you know anyone to put me through in this business

I mean buying wholesale in drum unbranded engine oil and retail it

Or buying branded one's. Anyone that's more feasible I will indulge.

Thank you sir

Try Total. They are the only ones still selling 20w50. They sell in drums. To learn about the oil market is very easy. Don't adulterate the oil
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Theophinio(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2022
sooperrescue:

Try Total. They are the only ones still selling 20w50. They sell in drums. To learn about the oil market is very easy. Don't adulterate the oil

Thank you boss
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by eligwe2019: 10:15pm On Sep 22, 2022
Please recommend good oil for Kia Rio 2012. Thanks boss
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2022
eligwe2019:
Please recommend good oil for Kia Rio 2012. Thanks boss
It's very difficult nowadays. I am at my wits end. Even in my workshop,we are finding it hard to choose. 5w20 is recommended. But getting the right oil is the problem right now. We don't know the oil that is being adulterated. I am seeing a lot of people using SAE 40 on modern engines because that is what is available. SAE 40 Is what we normally use for generators which causes smoke and leaks on the generator . SAE 40 Is made for cars made in 1970. Engines are expensive nowadays. Ask Gazzuzz for the right oil in his stable so that you don't join the crowd who are deliberately destroying their cars.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by bobobenz: 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2022
Mercedes-Benz Original Synthetic Oil. The only oil recommended by the experts who built your engine. This oil has been designed by Mercedes-Benz specifically for Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Developed to ensure your engine runs smoothly and with Mercedes Benz efficiency.

MB229.5 is a premium oil designed to optimise fuel economy for the latest generation of petrol engines equipped with modern emission control systems.
Good cold starting performance, low oil consumption and minimised exhaust emissions

Available in 5L and 1L gallons

You can buy it on https://benz.ng or send us a DM on BENZNIGERIA on Instagram

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 10:24am On Oct 06, 2022
That is good to know. This particular oil is good for which particular Mercedes model?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by bobobenz: 7:10am On Oct 14, 2022
cars, buses, motorcycles, off-road vehicles and light trucks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by hayordelevic(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2023
Please someone should recommend a good Engine oil for Camry 2012
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
hayordelevic:
Very difficult to suggest. 0w20 but look for Mobil 1 for Toyota Honda and Nissan brand.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2023
hayordelevic:

Point and kill..........

Super Tech 28k
Pennzoil 29k
Mobil 1 36k

You can't go wrong with any of these . my personal favorite Pennzoil .....

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Samafroxy22(m): 10:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
dru23:

Point and kill..........

Super Tech 28k
Pennzoil 29k
Mobil 1 36k

You can't go wrong with any of these . my personal favorite Pennzoil .....

Do you have either of 5w30, 5w40, or 0w40?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2023
Samafroxy22:

Do you have either of 5w30, 5w40, or 0w40?

34k each per 5quarts.....Mobil station goes for 40k and it will be hard to find 0w40 or 5w40 .

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:51am On Apr 09, 2023
dru23:

34k each per 5quarts.....Mobil station goes for 40k and it will be hard to find 0w40 or 5w40 .

Happy Easter, any giveaway for your followers
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
sooperrescue:

Happy Easter, any giveaway for your followers

Our low price is already a giveaway.......happy Easter
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by somehow: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
Is it normal for engine oil not to last up to 3 months before getting almost dried up?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by somehow: 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
hayordelevic:

There is an oil recommdation for Camry 2012 by the door or on the engine oil cover.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by donshady(m): 9:13am On Jul 03, 2023
Hello house, Please where can I get Pennzoil 0w20.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:11am On Jul 05, 2023
donshady:
Hello house, Please where can I get Pennzoil 0w20.
Ask Dru. He should be able to get it for you

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.