Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh (29335 Views)

Historic Buildings And Structures In Nigeria / Nigerian Major Cities & The Year They Were Founded (Photos) / 10 Most Popular Structures In Lagos And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
soulhighman:
Why is it that the cost of most projects during Babangida's regime are unknown?

Chai?
Lol......Not only under him. The cost of most projects during military administration in Nigeria are concealed. You and I know the reason and the only word to describe it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by slimpoet11(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2016
Phagyrhe:
Please, pardon me. Where is your father's house located? Who knows maybe I will do a feature on it next....lol

He dey inside asokoro na, besides Diazani hus grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by olajide21: 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2016
what happened to this beauriful building. OP, have ever visited Abuja?

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
kaeforum:
This write up would have made more sense if the Op had stayed in Abuja, because there are many landmarks omitted.

it doesn't make sense to just google important places and post them , go abj move around and see places for ya self.

Stop using Wikipedia, info there is not 100 correct. grin
Well, the information given on these structures are not wikipedia dubbed. Yes, there are so many iconic structures in Abuja, but this post is not talking about importance or iconic, but popularity. I have been to Abuja more than once and I know what I opined. However, if you read the intro of this post or my last post which discussed the most popular structures in Lagos, you will realise that these structures are just my opinion. And before I end this, if I may ask, which of these structures are not worth to be in the first ten and why? I hope you are not offended? We are both here to learn. Am very ready to know your view which will help me learn as well. Thanks
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
slimpoet11:

He dey inside asokoro na, besides Diazani hus grin
Hahahaha.....EFCC dey Nairaland o.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
olajide21:
what happened to this beauriful building. OP, have ever visited Abuja?
Lol......Yes I have been to Abuja. But if I may ask, how popular is this structure among Abuja residents? And also, how many of them can tell u the name of the building in a twinkling of an eye? Its not about the beauty, but about popularity.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by heayernu56(m): 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
10 most popular... ...and ASO ROCK couldn't make the list...

brilliant!

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Sall(m): 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
My neighbour came back drunk from work. He has been knocking at his door for over 2 hours now and he stays alone.

Should I go and tell him that he is not around?

You funny die. just do him a favour and tell him.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by ebuclassic18(m): 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
all in the north central nd non in Rivers state or even in the east,,,,,,why national mosque is Nigeria a Muslim country?
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
Olive33:
So the National mosque was built by federal govt with our oil money and none was built for Christians also ?

Islamization in full course since 1960

And some will go and tell me "One Nigeria" cry
Lol.....You are wrong sir. The National Christian Centre was built during OBJ regime.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by lovelasvegas(m): 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE OTHER ONES?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
heayernu56:
10 most popular...
...and ASO ROCK couldn't make the list...

brilliant!
Lol....I have been expecting this since morning. Aso rock (villa) was not included because it is inaccessible to the average Abuja resident. You can't even near the fence sef. If you do not have an invitation card from the presidency, you can't gain access beyond the Supreme Court complex which is over 1km from the main access gate. The demographical representation of the buildings inside Aso rock (villa) is almost classified. So, its definitely a place we only heard of but don't know which means we can't count it as popular.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Bonejr(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
op I think you forgot to include NHQ ie naval headquarters
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
lovelasvegas:
WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE OTHER ONES?
Thanks for drawing my attention to these structures. Am sorry I left them out.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
Bonejr:
op I think you forgot to include NHQ ie naval headquarters
Hmm....thanks, I think you are right. But which one can it replace among the listed structures?
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Mujtahida: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
Phagyrhe:
10. Abuja City Gate

The Abuja City Gate is located on Umaru Musa expressway, the road leads to the Nnamdi Azikwe airport. The gate is arguably the most famous city gate in Africa. Although it was built as a temporal edifice in 1991 signaling the switch of Federal Capital from Lagos to Abuja, the popularity of this structure cannot be underestimated. However, its popularity is gradually being reduced as it is currently being removed in parts to pave way for a flyover bridge along the new expressway in construction. It carries the phrase “You are Welcome” and the national flag on its huge concrete structure. This structure is so popular that it is even used by the National Television Authority (NTA) in its News broadcast.
That city gate is a crude aping of the Eiffel tower in Paris
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by drmuri(m): 2:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Olive33:
So the National mosque was built by federal govt with our oil money and none was built for Christians also ?

Islamization in full course since 1960

And some will go and tell me "One Nigeria" cry
There is christian worship centre in Abuja funded by federal government too.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Julius Berger has been eating our country' money for a very long time.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Mujtahida:

That city gate is a crude aping of the Eiffel tower in Paris
You are definitely right.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by missioner(m): 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
chicobaddest:

It would be my pleasure to host you
I'll be glad to be your guest too.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by chicobaddest(m): 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
missioner:
I'll be glad to be your guest too.
Hmm? You quoted the wrong person dude
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by greatjoshy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 14, 2016
This op is partial jare.....
TheNational Church of Nigeria(previously known as theNational Ecumenical Centreand officially known as theNational Christian Centre) is the primary Christianplace of worship in Nigeria, a country with a substantial Christian population.
It is located in Abuja, the capital city. The National Church of Nigeria is an inter-denominational church building.
The church was designed in a Postmodernversion of the Neo-gothic styleby Nigerian architectural firm, Darchiwork Group; located in Lagos. It built by Italian construction firm Gitto Costruzioni Generali Nigeria Ltd.
The project was started around 1989, then lay dormant for several years until 2004, when the Christian Association of Nigeriaorganized a committee to ensure its speedy completion. The dedication, on 2 October 2005, coincided with the celebration of Nigeria’s 45th anniversary as an independent nation.

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2016
greatjoshy:
This op is partial jare.....
TheNational Church of Nigeria(previously known as theNational Ecumenical Centreand officially known as theNational Christian Centre) is the primary Christianplace of worship in Nigeria, a country with a substantial Christian population.
It is located in Abuja, the capital city. The National Church of Nigeria is an inter-denominational church building.
The church was designed in a Postmodernversion of the Neo-gothic styleby Nigerian architectural firm, Darchiwork Group; located in Lagos. It built by Italian construction firm Gitto Costruzioni Generali Nigeria Ltd.
The project was started around 1989, then lay dormant for several years until 2004, when the Christian Association of Nigeriaorganized a committee to ensure its speedy completion. The dedication, on 2 October 2005, coincided with the celebration of Nigeria’s 45th anniversary as an independent nation.
Lol......Ok o. Thanks for reading though
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by akaahs(m): 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
This list is incomplete without National Worship center because of the structural arrangements
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by soulhighman(m): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Phagyrhe:
Lol......Not only under him. The cost of most projects during military administration in Nigeria are concealed. You and I know the reason and the only word to describe it.

And that word is the major reason for the backwardness of our dear country

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by justjify(m): 4:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
maj007:

I agree with you that National Ecumenical Centre should be there.

BTW I'm a Muslim. Don't put religious sentiment. The tread is just the OP's Opinion.
Noted bro. It was just a passing statement, i never meant it as a meal For religious bigots to feast on.
Cheers bro!
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by justjify(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Phagyrhe:
lol.....thanks for your comment. Well, as it stand, can you please pick one among the mentioned structure which Transcorp Hilton can replace? And to also correct your notion about my religious stance, I am a Christian.
Haba bro!!
Eagle square is one, the airport is another.
Talk about top 50 structures in Nigeria, transcorp will tower tall and above Nnamdi azikiwe airport.
Quote me anywhere baba.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by pedro4hope(m): 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
spending Niger delta money in billions
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by beamzy08(m): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2016
But....julius berger dn chop money for naija...oooo choi undecidedBut....julius berger dn chop money for naija...oooo choi
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by blekko101(m): 5:47pm On Nov 14, 2016
lifezone247:
That airport is wack, even mm2 fine pass am.
The airport is still under construction. The real buildings are standing up already. They are so massive and thrilling that you Barely see this one posted here
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 14, 2016
justjify:

Haba bro!!
Eagle square is one, the airport is another.
Talk about top 50 structures in Nigeria, transcorp will tower tall and above Nnamdi azikiwe airport.
Quote me anywhere baba.
Hmm....Transcorp more popular than Nnamdi Azikwe Airport? Ok o....I hope you know that this same airport is the second most popular in Nigeria. It handles quite a significant number of passengers yearly, approximately 8 million, a record only battered by MMA. However, if you are talking about Eagles Square, I may agree with you. Thanks for sharing your views though. It goes a long way.
Re: 10 Most Popular Structures In Abuja And Year They Were Constructed - Factsbyjosh by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
eezeribe:
National christian centre...

Meanwhile, this post made front page 30 minutes after it was posted without a single comment... Op, Are you related to seun?

Hmmmmmmm

It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / General Information About South Cyprus Study Visa / Pregnant RCCG Youth Leader Dies In An Auto Crash, Five Months After Her Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.