Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar (40439 Views)

Ahmad Ibn Taymiyyah: The Tortured Scholar / Understanding The Verse Of "Beating One's Wife" / Having Sex With Your Wife (islamic Teaching) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Demmzy15(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Wen no be 'eye-insect'. IFF it occurs, it will be 1 in a 2million. And if it occurs, the nigga needs to be HIGHLY 'RUQYA-ed. The jinn is strongly playing FIFA with his soul!
grin grin grin
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by MrOlai: 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You have four wives ba? grin

grin. No! But if Allah (SWT) makes it easy for me, I'll marry four Insha Allah! grin grin

I love women!
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 1:16am On Nov 18, 2016
lolaed:
some irresponsible ones will be feeling fly when polygamy is mentioned even when they can't feed themselves. They end up littering everywhere with chdren they can't take care of.

Go under the bridge and see many of such ill bred children posing problems for the society.

Yes! You are very correct, they are much among the agberos, the bag snatchers and thugs bearing muslim names. All in the name of 'Me lolohun wi'. When they have more children than what they can cater for.
May Allah help us all.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 1:22am On Nov 18, 2016
Yankelaptops:
So men with four wives don't have affairs...

Some with four wives still look outside (concubines). The thing is just that 'when you are not contented with the little you have, you can never be when you have much.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 1:42am On Nov 18, 2016
drag net:
people seem to forget that rizq is in the hands of the same one that bestows children upon man, are there not instances where parents with even a single child can't guaranty 2 meals in a day?
why do we fear poverty more than the one who controls poverty?

Yes! Rizq is in the hands of the same that bestows children upon man, how do you see this? The training of 4 kids compare to when you are going to train 10 kids with the same wealth (we are not talking about national thieves here), without being hypocrite, 4 kids going to have sound education than that of 10 kids, cos you are going to squeeze yourself to give them at least what you able to, if you are going to give them at all.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 1:43am On Nov 18, 2016
MrOlai:

grin. No! But if Allah (SWT) makes it easy for me, I'll marry four Insha Allah! grin grin

I love women!

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 1:43am On Nov 18, 2016
MrOlai:

I love women!

E mura si cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

E mura si cheesy
Lol
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

Yes! Rizq is in the hands of the same that bestows children upon man, how do you see this? The training of 4 kids compare to when you are going to train 10 kids with the same wealth (we are not talking about national thieves here), without being hypocrite, 4 kids going to have sound education than that of 10 kids, cos you are going to squeeze yourself to give them at least what you able to, if you are going to give them at all.

Nah, it doesn't matter the number of kids, if you have the money, they will be educated soundly, if a man has the means and can afford polygamy, when he decides on polygamy, he shouldn't be discouraged, do you hate a thing that Allaah likes? Certainly Allaah is the All-knowing, the All-wise.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 3:38am On Nov 18, 2016
MrOlai:

I love women!

I love women too.....but 4?! I don't see myself with more than one woman and perhaps it's what Allaah has written for me.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 3:42am On Nov 18, 2016
Salaam alaykum carinmom.......what's ya view about polygamy...

#trying_to_look_for_trouble.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 4:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

E mura si cheesy
I dont blame you at all. You are a woman. It is perfectly normal and perfectly understood why you abhor it.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 18, 2016
Demmzy15:
grin grin grin
R2 aye!!!!!!hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 6:59am On Nov 18, 2016
Empiree:
I dont blame you at all. You are a woman. It is perfectly normal and perfectly understood why you abhor it.

Brother, u shouldn't say that "perfectly understood why you abhor it"... Hating some thing that is sunnaah is bad. Every action a muslim does, he/she tries to get rewards from it, every single act. An instance is, some people don't drink alcohol, not bcuz it is haram, but bcuz dey personally dislike it: they r not getting the reward of leaving that thing. If a woman dislikes it, it is normal, she can leave that in her mind, but now putting it into action(mouthing it) is unrewarding.

Women are saying they prefer 'monogamy' , but from the reality on ground, there are much more harm than when a woman says 'I hate monogamy', perhaps Allaah will bcuz of that make the husband getting not 2nd wife, but extra 2 to top it.

PS; some women prefer their husbands to be wretched, knowing well that wen he starts seeing extra money, him eye go dey chuk up and down dey wan marry 'thanniyah', or 'thalithah, or the 'rabi'a'.

We myt dislike a thing, perhaps it is better for you, we myt like something, perhaps it is bad for U.

My nutshellize point is, disliking a sunnah is wrong, also, keep it to ur sef, perhaps later on, Allaah will make U like it, and appreciate it in the future.

Allaahu musta'an.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

Yes! You are very correct, they are much among the agberos, the bag snatchers and thugs bearing muslim names. All in the name of 'Me lolohun wi'. When they have more children than what they can cater for.
May Allah help us all.

Check these 'agberos' that you cited, aw many of their parents follow the sunnah in starting a family, raising children, educating them. When people relegate the sunnaah, we see things like this. Go to a country like saudiyah that tries their best to follow the sharia( which is not 100%, but them dey try), there are men with more than 2 wives, and more than 20 children, aw many agberos u dey see there?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Check these 'agberos' that you cited, aw many of their parents follow the sunnah in starting a family, raising children, educating them. When people relegate the sunnaah, we see things like this. Go to a country like saudiyah that tries their best to follow the sharia( which is not 100%, but them dey try), there are men with more than 2 wives, and more than 20 children, aw many agberos u dey see there?!

How can you compare economic stability of Saudi Arabia to ours? Even in some little stable households where polygamous is being practised, how many of them follow the sunnah? Most of them just believe in 'give and take'. Then, why not propagate the sunnnah before encouraging many wives?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Ssthorm(f): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2016
Lol,interesting thread, males b having fun on here.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

How can you compare economic stability of Saudi Arabia to ours? Even in some little stable households where polygamous is being practised, how many of them follow the sunnah? Most of them just believe in 'give and take'. Then, why not propagate the sunnnah before encouraging many wives?

Oh, now it is comparison btw countries now?! Been a muslim is incomplete without following the sunnaah. It goes hand in hand, for someone to be a muslim.

Explain ur "Even in some little stable households where polygamous is being practised, how many of them follow the sunnah? Most of them just believe in 'give and take'"

Point is, no one is propagating anytyn, all I'm trying to say here is, having one wife, 2,3, or 4 r all halaal, and if someone has an issue with that, that is a deficiency on those peoples part.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2016
Praise be to Allaah. The first wife’s distress when her husband marries another wife is to be expected, and Allaah has set out rules and regulations to reduce these feelings or remove them altogether, by enjoining justice, patience in the face of adversity, and so on. Whatever the case, the fact that these feelings of distress and the dislike of polygamy exist does not justify condemnation of polygamy.

Islam came to serve and increase people’s best interests, and to reduce harmful things and render them ineffective. There is no doubt that polygamy, when practised properly in accordance with Islam, achieves many things that are in people’s best interests (such as maintaining the chastity of the man who is not satisfied with one wife, taking care of and maintaining the chastity of the woman who has no husband, increasing the offspring of the Muslims, solving the problem of widows and spinsters, and of the reduced numbers of men after times of war, and so on). As regards the bad things that happen in cases of polygamy, either they are very small when compared to its benefits, or they stem from bad application of this practice. One of the rights which Islam gives to women is that a wife should have her own house, so the two wives do not have to live together under one roof. And Allaah knows best

#copied from islamqa.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 11:40am On Nov 18, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Praise be to Allaah.
The first wife’s distress when her husband
marries another wife is to be expected, and
Allaah has set out rules and regulations to
reduce these feelings or remove them
altogether, by enjoining justice, patience in
the face of adversity, and so on. Whatever
the case, the fact that these feelings of
distress and the dislike of polygamy exist
does not justify condemnation of polygamy.

Islam came to serve and increase people’s
best interests, and to reduce harmful things
and render them ineffective. There is no
doubt that polygamy, when practised
properly in accordance with Islam, achieves
many things that are in people’s best
interests (such as maintaining the chastity
of the man who is not satisfied with one
wife, taking care of and maintaining the
chastity of the woman who has no husband,
increasing the offspring of the Muslims,
solving the problem of widows and
spinsters, and of the reduced numbers of
men after times of war, and so on). As
regards the bad things that happen in cases
of polygamy, either they are very small
when compared to its benefits, or they stem
from bad application of this practice. One of
the rights which Islam gives to women is
that a wife should have her own house, so
the two wives do not have to live together
under one roof. And Allaah knows best

#copied from islamqa.com
One question, are you from a polygamous home?
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by tintingz(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

The thing is many sheikh don't talk on the disadvantages of polygamous, like the sheikh lecture in the OP.

Even in the hadith there are clashes between the wives of the Prophet(SA), many sheikhs don't make example from the hadith base on that, all what they lecture is a man should start from two, why not from one since Quran also mention one.

No doubt polygamy was a very standard marriage setting in the old days during our fathers time, not anymore in this era. It has been abused, economy changes etc.

I use to be pro polygamist in the past in Nairaland in family section, now I make sure I balance things on polygamy advantage and disadvantage, I now give opinions based on that.

I'm from a polygamous family, my father make sure he take good care of all his children, he harmonize us the children, no fight between the wives but there are little grudges deep down tho.

I'm very sure my father will have some regrets deep down his heart for having multiple wives because he's an emotional person, I see it everywhere in his body language.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by MrOlai: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
Antina:

E mura si cheesy
Lol
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by MrOlai: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I love women too.....but 4?! I don't see myself with more than one woman and perhaps it's what Allaah has written for me.

You need to keep your mind open. You might need to assist a Muslim woman in future for the sake of Allah, may be a widow, a divorcee or even a spinster, especially the one you have sexual feelings for!

Time will tell!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Antina(f): 9:21am On Nov 19, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:

Oh, now it is comparison btw countries now?! Been a muslim is incomplete without following the sunnaah. It goes hand in hand, for someone to be a muslim.

Explain ur "Even in some little stable households where polygamous is being practised, how many of them follow the sunnah? Most of them just believe in 'give and take'"

Point is, no one is propagating anytyn, all I'm trying to say here is, having one wife, 2,3, or 4 r all halaal, and if someone has an issue with that, that is a deficiency on those peoples part.

I didn't say its not halaal, and I dnt have any issue with that, even with my future husband, as far as I have what I can back on even when he start mis-behaving, what I'm trying to say here is that, how many of the so called polygamous men follow the sunnah?
RABIUSHILE04:

I didn't say its not halaal, and I dnt have any issue with that, even with my future husband, as far as I have what I can back on even when he starts mis-behaving, what I'm trying to say here is that, how many of the so called polygamous men follow the sunnah?

One of the comments I read here, someone says he loves women, can he follow all the rules with more women?
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by MrOlai: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2016
Antina:

One of the comments I read here, someone says he loves women, can he follow all the rules with more women?

Yes! I love women. All Allah(SWT) wants from us is to try our possible best to do justice. Nobody can be perfectly just between/among women because we are humans.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by captaing59(m): 9:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
I think we should be talking of polygyny and not polygamy

And Allaah knows best
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Empiree: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
captaing59:
I think we should be talking of polygyny and not polygamy

And Allaah knows best
"polygyny" is a twist grin grin grin
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by carinmom(f): 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
grin
lexiconkabir:
Salaam alaykum carinmom.......what's ya view about polygamy...

#trying_to_look_for_trouble.

Wa'alaykums Salam bro, how far, its been long?

I won't say polygamy is bad because its something that Allah SWT Has made permissible to Muslim men due to their nature provided that they would be just to the wives.

But what i despise is the way our men go about it, being unjust particularly to the first wife and all that.

Wait oo, i hope you are not planning of getting a co-wife for Faatima ehn, don't even try it grin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
carinmom:
grin

Wa'alaykums Salam bro, how far, its been long?

I won't say polygamy is bad because its something that Allah SWT Has made permissible to Muslim men due to their nature provided that they would be just to the wives.

But what i despise is the way our men go about it, being unjust particularly to the first wife and all that.

Wait oo, i hope you are not planning of getting a co-wife for Faatima ehn, don't even try it grin

yeah very long.....you just disappeared

Anyway, it's true that the way some men practice it is not healthy at all..

lol, i am not planning to give faatimah a rival, except if its what Allaah has written for me

hope you good? and faatimah?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by carinmom(f): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

yeah very long.....you just disappeared

Anyway, it's true that the way some men practice it is not healthy at all..

lol, i am planning to give faatimah a rival, except if its what Allaah has written for me

hope you good? and faatimah?

My brother is not easy o, though my maternity leave isn't over yet but my schedules are still tight, i don't visit nairaland often these days.

We won't mind being with a rival if that is what Allah has destined, but try your best and be fair in your dealings with us, khalas.
Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 24, 2016
carinmom:

My brother is not easy o, though my maternity leave isn't over yet but my schedules are still tight, i don't visit nairaland often these days.

We won't mind being with a rival if that is what Allah has destined, but try your best and be fair in your dealings with us, khalas.

lol, I hope you know i made a typo error there? i meant "i am NOT planning to give faatimah a rival"

sorry for the uneasy task you've been handling, Allaah will make it an ease – Ameen.

I've been also been busy lately, project things...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Dangerous For A Muslim To Marry Only One Wife – Islamic Scholar by carinmom(f): 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
lexiconkabir:

lol, I hope you know i made a typo error there? i meant "i am NOT planning to give faatimah a rival"

sorry for the uneasy task you've been handling, Allaah will make it an ease – Ameen.

I've been also been busy lately, project things...
Haba, i thought as much, you know we are very jealous o.

Project writing is not an easy task wallahi, just as i am here struggling with my thesis, may Allah guide and make it easier for us, ameen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Islam And Exorcism / Kenyan Cancer Patient Goes To Hajj For His Last Wish / Baby Born With Rosary In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.