Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (638272 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
gentlejay:

Please do PM me and I will reply back. We can chat over email.

If you have H. pylori, you need to be treated as soon as possible.

What kind of medications have you tried anyway?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2015
When it started it started with heaviness on my chest and back after receiving antibiotics for uti.....i was given injections like omeprazole,clarithromycin,pariet(esomeprazole) it subcided a bit but then d beelching was still dere and i was bloating tooo........pls heres my email.....lets tok dr better...emetuaj@gmail.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oliseh99: 7:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
Thanks,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Rachie97: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2015
What could be the cause of pain at lower left abdomen? I guess it could be appendicitis if it were to be right side.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Immaangel(f): 3:24am On Aug 04, 2015
Pls what causes anteverted uterus. I went for a scan and this what was written there. And it measures 77x34x40mmlong. Pls someone should explain this in a clear and simple language.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nyckeh: 9:38am On Aug 06, 2015
I was having a discharge during my ovulating period but it took longer to stop so I decided to go for a swab, was told to do urine test too and here is my result
HVS M/C/S
pus cell -3-4Hpf
epithelial cell ++Hpf
bacteria -+
others Nil
gram negative rod seen
URINE M/C/S
colour yellow
appearance slightly turbid
pus cell -1+2Hpf
epithelial cell -FEW
bacteria -+
others Nil
CULTURE
yielded moderate growth of ESCHERICHIA COLI after 24hrs of incubation at 37degree Celsius.

Pls I need help on wat drugs to take and d dose too because I have been having serious abdominal ache since yesternyt. what infection is it too, STD or any oda infection and can bf be infected too?
Thanks 'l b expecting ur reply Doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2015
Rachie97:

Are you male or female? What is your age range?

Any other symptoms?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
immaangel:

This is a normal variation of uterus, and over 50% of women have anteverted uterus. No particular cause except most are genetically determined.

It just means your uterus is tilted slightly towards the bladder or forward.

It should not affect fertility, commonly no treatment needed unless it's causing significant pain; which is rare.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nyckeh:

FIRST off, get a pregnancy test and ascertain non-gravid uterus if you are sexually active. Thank you! Do this before taking antibiotics.

The vaginal sample shows some possible pus, but the -3-4HPF is confusing. Why is there a - after some of these variables like 3 and bacteria

Any way, both vaginal and urine sample show gram negative rod, which for urine sample means probable UTI- a urinary tract infection.

For antibiotics, are you allergic to any medications? And, what are your other symptoms again? Where is the belly pain? Any issues urinating as in hurts or stings or pee a lot or?

Here are your choices for antibiotics:

3 day course of trimethopri.m/sulfamethoxazon.e (bactri.m or septr.a) 160/800mg PO q12 hrs.

OR

3 day course Ciprofloxaci.n 250mg PO q12 hrs

OR

7 day course nitrofurantoi.n (macrobi.d) 50 mg PO q6hrs

Please, let me know if any questions.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
Doctor have not heard frm you or see you email
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
Gentlejay:
Doctor have not heard frm you or see you email

I did hours ago. Check email please.

TY
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nyckeh: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
Xiadnat:
Nyckeh:

FIRST off, get a pregnancy test and ascertain non-gravid uterus if you are sexually active. Thank you! Do this before taking antibiotics.

The vaginal sample shows some possible pus, but the -3-4HPF is confusing. Why is there a - after some of these variables like 3 and bacteria

Any way, both vaginal and urine sample show gram negative rod, which for urine sample means probable UTI- a urinary tract infection.

For antibiotics, are you allergic to any medications? And, what are your other symptoms again? Where is the belly pain? Any issues urinating as in hurts or stings or pee a lot or?

Here are your choices for antibiotics:

3 day course of trimethopri.m/sulfamethoxazon.e (bactri.m or septr.a) 160/800mg PO q12 hrs.

OR

3 day course Ciprofloxaci.n 250mg PO q12 hrs

OR

7 day course nitrofurantoi.n (macrobi.d) 50 mg PO q6hrs

Please, let me know if any questions.
Tnx, I already got Augumentin wen I couldn't withstand d pain again, can i include any of those drugs u listed? d pain is below d abdomen. no pain or sting wen urinating but I guess I pee more often, will take a pregnancy test too. tnx

*modified*
I did a urine pt now and it was negative, noticed my urine colour was like yellow red (so scared). d urine colour started after taking secnidazole
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
nyckeh

Pain below the abdomen sounds more like pelvic pain. Possible causes are: PID/STD, cervicitis, vaginitis and cystitis (or urinary tract infection).

For UTI: augmenti.n is ok, though it is not considered first line therapy. First line therapies are the one I listed above, so consider those.

For STD/PID: need to treat with different antibiotics. But, do treat UTI first and if pain/urinary frequency do not get better after 7-10 days course of antibiotics, then do consider PID/STD and get on proper antibiotics ASAP.

RE: coloured urine. It may be due to the secindazol.e. Just watch it and see if it disappears or not.

Please, don't hesitate if you have further questions, concerns.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nyckeh: 5:26am On Aug 07, 2015
Xiadnat:
nyckeh

Pain below the abdomen sounds more like pelvic pain. Possible causes are: PID/STD, cervicitis, vaginitis and cystitis (or urinary tract infection).

For UTI: augmenti.n is ok, though it is not considered first line therapy. First line therapies are the one I listed above, so consider those.

For STD/PID: need to treat with different antibiotics. But, do treat UTI first and if pain/urinary frequency do not get better after 7-10 days course of antibiotics, then do consider PID/STD and get on proper antibiotics ASAP.

RE: coloured urine. It may be due to the secindazol.e. Just watch it and see if it disappears or not.

Please, don't hesitate if you have further questions, concerns.
Tnx, d abdominal pain has reduced though not fully gone. Can I combine augumentin wt any of d drugs u prescribed or I shld finish d augumentin and see if there'll b any positive changes?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2015
nyckeh:

No combination. Just finished the augmentin.e first. If symptoms do not resolve, we will determine next step.

Regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nyckeh: 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2015
Xiadnat:
nyckeh:

No combination. Just finished the augmentin.e first. If symptoms do not resolve, we will determine next step.

Regards
Tnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nad95: 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello doctor, I am a male of 19yrs. My heart has been doing some funny things I dont like. It can be that it will just start beating rapidly for no reeason and sometimes it may be it just wanna stop and also it may look as if i wanna lose breath and my chest region feels empty, am nt happy. I have done ECG last two yrs which showed mild sinustis tachycardia and the doctor attending to me said she cannot give me drugs as I am still young and she told me to stay from coffee which I dont drink most times. Sometimes, I may not get these feelings within my heart for a month and after it will start again. I am not happy doctor seeing my heart do like these. My nostril also is congested, I have used liquid decongester and also histamine drugs still its not dissolving. Even now, I'm feeling a little bit feverish. Docotr pls what can I do?
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nad95: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
[quote author=Nad95 post=36712720]Hello doctor, I am a male of 19yrs. My heart has been doing some funny things I dont like. It can be that it will just start beating rapidly for no reeason and sometimes it may be it just wanna stop and also it may look as if i wanna lose breath and my chest region feels empty, am nt happy. I have done ECG last two yrs which showed mild sinustis tachycardia and the doctor attending to me said she cannot give me drugs as I am still young and she told me to stay from coffee which I dont drink most times. Sometimes, I may not get these feelings within my heart for a month and after it will start again. I am not happy doctor seeing my heart do like these. My nostril also is congested, I have used liquid decongester and also histamine drugs still its not dissolving. Even now, I'm feeling a little bit feverish. Docotr pls what can I do?
Thanks[/quoteMy throat irritates me, I dont even know.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kaybills(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by odukoyayinka(m): 10:50am On Aug 08, 2015
Just started recently..it started slowly itchin inside ma dick hole den pains while urinatin no swellin neither itchin outside am Getting Scared a bit nd today is sat can't Get check up anywher I don't want d pain to get worse I'll appreciate ur advice.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nad95:

Do you have symptoms like: chest pain, palpitations, short of breath, dizziness or faint feeling, anxiety? Do you have family history of heart disease or death from heart disease? Do you use street drugs like cocaine and MJ or stimulant or caffeine containing products: herbs, supplements etc? Any other medical issues?

I need to see this ECG of yours. What is the reported heart rate? It is true that you are young and therefore more likely to be due to benign cause for your heart symptoms, it still merits some attention.

Anyway, regarding your nasal congestion: do you have allergies? if antihistamine/decongestants not working, then nasal steroid inhaler might be your next option. Feeling feverish can be subjective, take your temperature to accurately tell. If you are febrile, then you may need antibiotics. Do you hurt anywhere around your face or headache?

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
kaybills:

Do you have any symptoms of hyper bilirubin such as jaundice (yellowing of skin and eyes?)..

If not, then, I don't see need for treatment especially if work up have revealed no liver dysfunctions.

Regards.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2015
odukoyayinka

Are you sexually active? Any discharge, rash? Itching is usually indicative of allergies though it should not be painful, so have you come in contact with something new?

If you are sexually active, then I would encourage you to get evaluated and treated for STD first. Could also be UTI, but rare in men

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kudibaby(f): 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2015
hello Dr
have been having some pains in my right leg and thigh for a few months now,I just discovered a few weeks ago a lump(ball like tumor)in my upper leg its hard to the touch.please what could this be and what can I take for it to disappear.
thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kaybills(m): 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sozima87: 10:45pm On Aug 08, 2015
Please doctor in the house, my problem is heavy sweating in palms and under the feet. Pls what can I do to stop it cos is affecting my job (I'm a baker) ,thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nad95: 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2015
Xiadnat:
Nad95:

Do you have symptoms like: chest pain, palpitations, short of breath, dizziness or faint feeling, anxiety? Do you have family history of heart disease or death from heart disease? Do you use street drugs like cocaine and MJ or stimulant or caffeine containing products: herbs, supplements etc? Any other medical issues?

I need to see this ECG of yours. What is the reported heart rate? It is true that you are young and therefore more likely to be due to benign cause for your heart symptoms, it still merits some attention.

Anyway, regarding your nasal congestion: do you have allergies? if antihistamine/decongestants not working, then nasal steroid inhaler might be your next option. Feeling feverish can be subjective, take your temperature to accurately tell. If you are febrile, then you may need antibiotics. Do you hurt anywhere around your face or headache?

Regards.
yes doctor, I do have some sharp pains around my chest region sometimes, I also do have palpitations, shortness of breath I think due to the nasal congestion, I also feel dizzy sometimes and anxiety(yes sometimes), some of mine extended family members have high blood pressure. I dont use street drugs and dont even drink coffee. The ECG states
Speed 25MM/sec
sensitivity 10MM/MV
rhythm sinus
axis sinus
rate 104/min
PR 0.20sec
QT 0.32sec
T Abnormal
SV1+RV5=3+14=17
diagnosis mild sinus tachycardia and abnormal t wave
give me an example of the nasal steroid inhaler.
I do have headaches but rarely and yes my faces, sometimes it behaves in a funny way which according to what I read is related to nasal sinustis. As for the feverish, it may come maybe when I overwork.
Doctor, you are doing a good job.
God bless you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nad95: 11:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Nad95:

yes doctor, I do have some sharp pains around my chest region sometimes, I also do have palpitations, shortness of breath I think due to the nasal congestion, I also feel dizzy sometimes and anxiety(yes sometimes), some of mine extended family members have high blood pressure. I dont use street drugs and dont even drink coffee. The ECG states
Speed 25MM/sec
sensitivity 10MM/MV
rhythm sinus
axis sinus
rate 104/min
PR 0.20sec
QT 0.32sec
T Abnormal
SV1+RV5=3+14=17
diagnosis mild sinus tachycardia and abnormal t wave
give me an example of the nasal steroid inhaler.
I do have headaches but rarely and yes my faces, sometimes it behaves in a funny way which according to what I read is related to nasal sinustis. As for the feverish, it may come maybe when I overwork.
Doctor, you are doing a good job.
God bless you.
here is my email so we can talk better nnamdiokore97@gmail.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by edekoln: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2015
Xiadnat:
edekoln:

What did the chest imaging say again? You had no ventricular failure or that you do?

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of gas in your bowel. Consider getting an abdominal imaging to check for stool impaction.

If you are constipated, then try stool softener.

But, I am thinking your issues may not be that something is physically wrong.

Good luck

I hv no left ventricular failure and I had an abnomial scan that did not pick up any problem in my abdomen. I sure hv a problem because I hv been on admission 2ice since I 1st posted here. And hv been in and out of about 5 hospitals btween those admissions and no doc could tell what is wrong with me. The tightness in my left chest is still there and only gets tighter and drains my strength whenever I ate solid food. Im afraid to eat tho I hv appetite. Begining to lose weight and there is this wave of dizziness that washes over me when I stand up from a sitting or reclining position. I hv to grab hold of somthing or sit back again not to fall down. I did an ECG. Nurse said it is ok . Doc yet to see it tho. Really confused right now. Will need all the advice I can get about my condition and what to do now.

Best regards
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2015
Hello Doctor, I have groin strain at my right leg and I have been told to rest physical activities for like a month but most times I always rush my comeback in like two to three days. So whenever I over exert myself the slight pain returns. Please I need to know if there are better drugs to use, my mates prescribed Indocid, felvin, calcium and Ibuprofen.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
kudibaby:

what is your age range? Have you had injury prior to the pain and lump or anything happen before you started feeling the pain? Is the lump itself painful when you push on it. Does it move around? Any redness around it? Do you have any medical problems or on any medications?

The things it could be are due to: trauma, infectious process, inflammation. Worse case scenario is tumor; and in that case, I would caution you to see a doctor for evaluation.

In the mean time, just rest, ice it, compress and elevate it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.